test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double XP?

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For me, I always seem to end up short of the quest levels by the time I start Neverdeath, often it starts before I finish Blackdagger Ruins. Usually, that means grinding out two levels in Neverdeath or Helm's Hold, just so I can actually use the quest rewards/random gear drops. Then sometime around the Chasm or Rothe Valley, I find myself ahead of the quest level and end up maxing out at some point between halfway through Hotenow or at the beginning of Whispering. Except for the problem of not be able to use items early on, those quests are easy enough to do under level. Hotenow and Whispering, I usually appreciate the extra levels often finishing those zones either in lvl 60 blues or Pre-Feywild, tier 1 purples.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You're right pitshade. I adjust my level to the zone by doing pvp (if I'm low on xp) or not invoking (when i got too much, besides not doing pvp arenas). So I'll just stop playing my main for this week.
    Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
  • shadowonyxxxshadowonyxxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know right! Started playing a week ago trying to at best get to Lvl 45- 50 by the next content update, soloing what I can but double exp can't come fast enough. I needs to level
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As I was leveling up my characters I would always out-level the adventure zones by 5-10 levels. Even now I have two level 60 character with which I never went through Mount Hotenow and the Whispering Caverns, because by the time I finished Rothe Valley I was already max level. I see no need for double XP in this game, as even without it you gain level way to fast just by doing regular quests. But all my characters are max level by now, so I don't care about XP anymore. This would have bean more useful after the Ranger was released, for me at least.
    Does double XP affect companion's growth too?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited November 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Does double XP affect companion's growth too?
    Yes. I've got two Ioun Stones and a cat to level this weekend.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does the double XP extend to the Professions' "yellow" XP?
    edited November 2013
    I wish, but probably not. I haven't seen anything to say that it will.
  • themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2013
    Does Double XP count towards XP for your character gained through Leadership and XP gained for winning a PVP match?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure it's double everything. (Possible exception for tasks claimed through Gateway.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should have had another Double AD event instead.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    They should have had another Double AD event instead.

Yea, because the Zen conversion rate is not high enough yet. Still some room to go before it hits 500.

In order to stabilize the rate and get the price down, we need more zen in circulation not AD.
  • guza#8840 guza Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leveling is already too easy and too fast I am trying my hardest to level as slow as I can but its not working I am progressing too fast : / What ever i do I get some kind of exp its so annoying >_<
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's your avatar from Tihi, curious?
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like from the depths of hell. :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • guza#8840 guza Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thats actually my old photo XD
  • drwarzmddrwarzmd Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am curious if this applied to XP Boosts. Does it double the xp gained normally , then the boost doubles that? or does xp gains just double and adventures pack is Null?

Is there 2x xp, 4x xp, or 8x xp? double the double, or just two doubles added together?

Thanks for the clarification.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, because the Zen conversion rate is not high enough yet. Still some room to go before it hits 500.

In order to stabilize the rate and get the price down, we need more zen in circulation not AD.

You have more Zen in the economy if you code a better game that gives people a good feeling conducive to opening their wallets. My feeling is "don't go near my wallet!!!" right now, and I know for sure I'm not alone in this.

Make a better game that gives positive feelings, and things might change :)
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drwarzmd wrote: »
    I am curious if this applied to XP Boosts. Does it double the xp gained normally , then the boost doubles that? or does xp gains just double and adventures pack is Null?

Is there 2x xp, 4x xp, or 8x xp? double the double, or just two doubles added together?

Thanks for the clarification.

Likewise. Although I am fairly sure I gained more than 2x XP when I did foundries during foundry hour. To gain half a level (44 1/2 to 45) from just completing the foundry leads me to believe this. It might not be as high as 4x though.
    sockmunkey wrote: »

And with a charge rewards hopefully we'll see some of that. Although, with keys on sale, maybe not XD.
    contents to be decided
  • damon1965damon1965 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    apparently the double xp applies to only the leadership profession altho i would have prefered a double xp event on only the professions as the are the worst crafting sets i have seen in any mmo to lvl up and get the res and people to make anything i mean seriously 5secs to hire a merc then 18 freaking hours thereafter thats utter garbage and to get green, blue and purple peeps to actually make anything worthwhile means money from rl and lots of it
    edited November 2013
    damon1965 wrote: »
    apparently the double xp applies to only the leadership profession altho i would have prefered a double xp event on only the professions as the are the worst crafting sets i have seen in any mmo to lvl up and get the res and people to make anything i mean seriously 5secs to hire a merc then 18 freaking hours thereafter thats utter garbage and to get green, blue and purple peeps to actually make anything worthwhile means money from rl and lots of it

The event is meant for purple-xp (the kind that levels characters and companions). NOT yellow XP, the kind that levels professions. The reason they mention Leadership explicitly, to my understanding, is that it's the only profession that hands out purple XP.

Your post seems to be implying that it's giving you double Yellow for Leadership? I can't test it myself since I'm in the process of leveling other tasks, but I'm preeeettty sure it's only supposed to apply to the purple type.

===
    Crafting in here isn't all that great, yes. But it does have its uses and there are definitely efficent ways to level it without breaking your bank (in game or your wallet)
    contents to be decided
    edited November 2013
    I have a char leveling leadership at the moment and skill XP isn't doubled. Standard Tier 3 tasks are still giving 120 XP and War Games Training is giving 240 as usual.
    edited November 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    I have a char leveling leadership at the moment and skill XP isn't doubled. Standard Tier 3 tasks are still giving 120 XP and War Games Training is giving 240 as usual.
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. :3
    contents to be decided
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Your post seems to be implying that it's giving you double Yellow for Leadership? I can't test it myself since I'm in the process of leveling other tasks, but I'm preeeettty sure it's only supposed to apply to the purple type.

No, he's complaining about not getting double profession XP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm torn 2 ways:

1. It's nice to go from lvl 1-25 in about 5hrs but,

2. That takes away from my level 51 (now 52 getting to 60 on or before Dec.4.
  • giomanach1giomanach1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quite honestly I think the Double XP event is a few days to early. The new module comes out on the 5th and you might want to change an alt's paragon path (without buying a token to restat), maybe keep the current path and add the alt path, or even make a new HR alt. Bringing the event already this weekend seems like Cryptic believes most players are going to keep the majority of current content and only dabble in a few things such as companion expansion. A preperation event before the module 2 release would've been materials to upgrade artifacts for example or BoE items to be passed on to the newly created alts, not how to speed up current toons before bringing out material that might well delete some of those speed leveled toons.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    giomanach1 wrote: »
    Quite honestly I think the Double XP event is a few days to early. The new module comes out on the 5th and you might want to change an alt's paragon path (without buying a token to restat), maybe keep the current path and add the alt path, or even make a new HR alt. Bringing the event already this weekend seems like Cryptic believes most players are going to keep the majority of current content and only dabble in a few things such as companion expansion. A preperation event before the module 2 release would've been materials to upgrade artifacts for example or BoE items to be passed on to the newly created alts, not how to speed up current toons before bringing out material that might well delete some of those speed leveled toons.

all characters will get a free respec token when module 2 drops.

i have a level 28 mage i'm leveling for the master of flame paragon path so she'll get a free respec and i can also save my points until the module drops therefore not having to spec her for spellstorm and then change it later.
  • giomanach1giomanach1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed the free respec after I posted but that still doesn't change the question of speed leveling the original classes while anyone wanting to create a HR being gimped from having the event a weekend earlier than release. I've leveled a TR for the upcoming Whisperknife path but I'm holding back now at level 26 until the path is released so I know exactly what makes it to live and what doesn't without needing to respec, even if I am getting a free respec token. Grand I can level my TR and even the companions but I'm still stuck with "slow" leveling for a HR alt and those companions because I can't transfer companions leveled by another toon. I still say the event is a few days to early. I guess Cryptic simply has other views on the subject that make little rational sense to me which explains my difficulty in grasping the overall direction my favored gamesystem is taking in a mmo setting.
  • lonewolf63ptlonewolf63pt Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would like to have na option to disable the double XP, so i can play during those events.
    Would love to have a Toggle Double XP option, so i can play on Double XP events. TY.
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    This double XP has been fun stuff. I didn't have much time to play on weekend, but still made a missing class (GWF) and levelled him up to 30 in 3-4hours. Today get few more hours, so I think 40 is a good aim.

So more stuff like this, levelling is already funnily fast :P It's not that I wouldn't like "slower" levelling in this game, it would be appreciated. But when all content is pretty much same to all characters/classes etc. it's just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazingly boring after 1-2 characters.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    This.. is an odd idea. Levelling is already a tricky bit of logistics, if you don't want to outlevel non-epic dungeons and skirmishes, yet are reluctant to skip quests. I'm not sure how to fix it, but luckily, that's not down to me :)