test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double XP?

13»

Comments

• yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    even without double xp you can easily level a char in 2-3 days (some can do it even in 1, on test server you saw a lot of 60s rangers very soon). double xp was good for levelling alts. if you level your first char with it, you outlevel certain areas, skirmishes and dungeons too fast. i levelled a new toon yesterday and i completely outlevelled the whole blacklake map. but with the double xp i could level up two other toons, too, that sticked in their mid 40s to 60 in some hours. mainly for the additional slot for profession. for playing i only focus on one char. i won't do the boring sharandar quests again on another alt nor will i run dungeons with them only to find <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in chests and no armor pieces. i takes ages to gear one char up, no doing this again with t2 gear on my other alts.
  • troponin79troponin79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    even without double xp you can easily level a char in 2-3 days (some can do it even in 1, on test server you saw a lot of 60s rangers very soon). double xp was good for levelling alts. if you level your first char with it, you outlevel certain areas, skirmishes and dungeons too fast. i levelled a new toon yesterday and i completely outlevelled the whole blacklake map. but with the double xp i could level up two other toons, too, that sticked in their mid 40s to 60 in some hours. mainly for the additional slot for profession. for playing i only focus on one char. i won't do the boring sharandar quests again on another alt nor will i run dungeons with them only to find <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in chests and no armor pieces. i takes ages to gear one char up, no doing this again with t2 gear on my other alts.

Not anyone with any kind of life. I spent most of the weekend grinding out a bit on my Cleric. I played many hours a day, maybe 1-2 of those hours per day playing an alt for a break, and my cleric hit level 30. What I noticed is, the exp curved sharply up at levels 1-20, but after that, the quests started giving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> experience, save for the very last story line quests. I started questioning if Double Exp was bugged at level 20+.

That said, you're not going to like hearing this, but most players want to experience being at capped level. This is why everyone races to the end. They want to see the loots, the end game content, the money, and be able to travel anywhere they want. The people that want to experience the entire content a game has to offer are by far the minority.

Simply stating facts here, nothing more.
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I spent the time leveling an alt and had a blast. Did not have more than 5 or so hours a day, but managed to get him to 40. I do need to go back though and do the last bag quest.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    This.. is an odd idea. Levelling is already a tricky bit of logistics, if you don't want to outlevel non-epic dungeons and skirmishes, yet are reluctant to skip quests. I'm not sure how to fix it, but luckily, that's not down to me :)

One way to fix this is to have lvl60, nonEpic, versions of the Dungeons that would be required to be played before the Epic version is unlocked for play. That could be helpful in a couple of ways, like getting that Completion of a achievements, getting a refresher of the dungeon before moving into the Epic, etc
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...