test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guestimation's for the release of Shadowmantel

nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When do you all think the Shadowmantle Moduel 2 will be released i would hope soon and before Christmas. What are your guy's thought's ? I would love to know
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• killmehplzkillmehplz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    November 14th or 19th. Corresponding with the CTA event. Duhhhh
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's hope so :D im that excited to play the new Hunter Ranger i didn't see any release dates so i though id ask :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would say December 5th or 12th.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I expect it will be released at the time they feel is optimal for cashing in on potential holiday sales of the for purchase pack that will accompany the release of Module 2, that may well contain items that would be attractive to, but not needed by, Hunter Rangers.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5-6 weeeks after it came to test server
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think at the ending of Nov, around the 25th, based on absolutely nothing.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Probably around Thanksgiving or Christmastime...

BTW, where's the info about CtA schedule coming from??
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CTA is on the in game calendar.

I would expect shortly after they announce the new "Shadowmantle Warrior Pack" or some such. 4-5 weeks or so.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Optimistically, around last week of November. However, Thanksgiving is around the same time and people who work here have lives too so it may get pushed back.

Realistically, around first and second week of December.
    Admiralsig.png
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I don't think it will be during CTA. CTA is 'in-between' content. I'd expect it to be no earlier than a week or two after CTA.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, seeing as Module 1 had a whole splash screen and page dedicated to it on the website, and this module doesn't (yet), I'd have to guess sometime early/mid December. Probably before Xmas.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Third week of November. This is how Cryptic rolls.

I've been playing Cryptic titles for four years now. Few things change in terms of logistical paradigms.

Major updates occur every 90-days or so, and usually during the third week of the month.
    Neverwinter: closed beta in February, opens in May, Faewild in August, logic dictates Shadowmantle in November.

Star Trek Online shocked watchers by announcing their huge content update ("Season 8") will be released a week earlier than expected: November 12th, along with a Mac client beta.

My summation is that this is done to prevent "Newsmaker" conflicts with Neverwinter (and gives Neverwinter devs that precious extra week to work with). STO will surprisingly forego a weeklong beta test on their Preview Server (called Tribble) - which is the norm. Therefore, following how Cryptic rolls and the forthcoming and present newsmaker cycle and announced news, it stands to reason Shadowmantle will be released during the third week of November, unless there is some kind of showstopper event that delays it for a week or more.

This is why all wise software companies always state "before the end of the year" and target November, leaving a nicely padded reprieve of a full month in-case anything goes awry of plans.

The only question is how Cryptic will handle the Thanksgiving holiday - by releasing a little earlier or later depending their needs and in what condition the patch is in, because on release there will be a few days of long overnighters for devs as they quash unexpected show-stopper bugs. Cryptic does NOT want the Thanksgiving holiday to become part of that.
  • leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

The only question is how Cryptic will handle the Thanksgiving holiday - .

Probably with an event chasing turkeys around for several days in order to get a sub par turkey pet or gobbler mount
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A giant turkey mount!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Finally, a chance to get the Riding Rooster. Hopefully, we will get a chance to get a giant turkey mount, or a riding rooster. I am looking forward to the new material. I think they will have to release it soon. I finished Sharandar boons and Gauntlygrim armor set. This leaves me with T2 Dungeons which don't thrill me that much. I think a lot of people are finishing their Gauntlygrim and Sharandar material.

Hopefully, there will be enough new material to keep people interested. Maybe we can steal turkeys from lizardmen...
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    Maybe we can steal turkeys from lizardmen...
    One can only hope...
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    please soon. i have more fun logging the preview server than the live rigtht now.
    i guess my gwf will be able even to do dungeons better now with new paragon. so i hope soon
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    "SoonTM!"
    /10char
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Second Tuesday of next week. Hey, the Beatles did think there were eight days in a week....*

*So completely not official. To be taken with several grains of salt.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Second Tuesday of next week. Hey, the Beatles did think there were eight days in a week....*

*So completely not official. To be taken with several grains of salt.
    . . . . . Ah, thanks for the unofficial date! Here and I thought it was going to be the first day following the the previous day that it is released. Drats. Guess that means it's the day after the day before it is released. Hum.. I was more hoping though that it would come out before it is released. Guess I'll settle for the second Tuesday of next week, that's tomorrow right or was that yesterday's tomorrow? Bah, I blame that grain of salt, it killed a snail. I know it, it was on the news in a parallel universe ruled by lavender oranges.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To be taken with several grains of salt.
    But not in excess, you don't want any cardiovascular diseases.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering the performance & graphical issues alone on test, I would certainly hope it will be months away before they release this on live. Seems more like some early alpha code than something that is really ready for beta testing.
  • sorytdrewsorytdrew Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my money is on ...
    November 19th (day after CTA)
    or
    December 5th (day after the Lock-box Resurgence (Allows the expansion to introduce a new one))
  • nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    official release is 28th november, u just have to check schedule and u will see that 28th will be released a new lockbox and 29th starts a 2x experience bonus week to level ur ranger faster ofc.... ure welcome
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Well, seeing as Module 1 had a whole splash screen and page dedicated to it on the website, and this module doesn't (yet), I'd have to guess sometime early/mid December. Probably before Xmas.

I looked back in time, and the press release announcing the actual launch date for Fury of the Feywild was made a bit more than a month before the launch. To meet their "before the end of the year" metric, I think they're going to have to release a release date soon, but not more than that yet.

I know a lot of people are speculating that it'll be out right before Yanksgiving, but if that were the case, I'm pretty sure they'd be trumpeting it to the heavens already. The module isn't ready for them to provide a firm date.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I looked back in time, and the press release announcing the actual launch date for Fury of the Feywild was made a bit more than a month before the launch. To meet their "before the end of the year" metric, I think they're going to have to release a release date soon, but not more than that yet.

I know a lot of people are speculating that it'll be out right before Yanksgiving, but if that were the case, I'm pretty sure they'd be trumpeting it to the heavens already. The module isn't ready for them to provide a firm date.

See, now I'm concerned that, if they remain consistent with their marketing, they're not going to make the "before the end of the year" target. IIRC, M1 had its promotional webpage and all that published before the release date announcement. Time for that + month between date announcement and release = not quite enough time left before 1/1/14.

(also, "Yanksgiving"? heh, shove off, eh?)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There was a teaser page up for a while before Sharandar was announced.

It's possible that they've opted to step back a bit from the splashy marketing. Information is available in their news articles and interviews instead. I get the impression that they're pursuing feedback prior to the launch far more aggressively this time, which is a good thing, just not necessarily a fast thing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    official release is 28th november, u just have to check schedule and u will see that 28th will be released a new lockbox and 29th starts a 2x experience bonus week to level ur ranger faster ofc.... ure welcome

There is no way 28th is going to be the release date when it is Thanksgiving. The lockbox event starting on the 28th is that all 3 released lockboxes will be dropping. There won't be a new lockbox on that date.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My money is on the 1st or 2nd week of December.
  • nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    There is no way 28th is going to be the release date when it is Thanksgiving. The lockbox event starting on the 28th is that all 3 released lockboxes will be dropping. There won't be a new lockbox on that date.

how do u explain the 2x experience bonus week then? they made it to level the ranger ofc, they've never done it before, maybe only right after launch. i'm eurpean so i dont know about thanksgiving but i think that they will definetly release before 29th