test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.10.20131018a.8 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

124»

Comments

• Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    My issue with the new system is that you cannot slowly feed your lower level enchants into a higher level one because of the catalyst cost.

Example: Let's say I have one tier 7 enchant and want to feed some tier 1-2 enchants into it, then I cannot do that because it requires a 100k AD catalyst (and it would be a huge waste to use such a catalysst to feed only a few points into a high tier enchant). I think the tier of the required catalyst should be bound to the stones you want to liquidate and not bound to the one you want to upgrade.

This would be far more user friendly and encourage lower level or less rich players into slowly upgrading their stones.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My issue with the new system is that you cannot slowly feed your lower level enchants into a higher level one because of the catalyst cost.

Yes, you can. The catalyst cost is only there for when you want upgrade your item from one rank to the next. You don't use catalyst when you are at the stage that you are putting other enchantments into it to fill up the refining points bar. Only once it is full do you use a catalyst.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    This new module will have the same problem (at least for me), i was already checking the gear and like fury of the feywild i dont need any of the new T2 items.... 144 life steal and armor penetration for DC's... again.... Seriously ? So what i will supose to do when the module is release... Get artifacts yea sure, but thats all about that as far i could see in the preview.

And again only one new end game dungeon.... and again.... u need to make 50000 runs to the SAME DUNGEON to get ur new gear.

it doesnt matter how many cool new systems u add, artifacts, new colections, new companion bonus, etc... Those are all new cool features no doubt but thats minor comparing to people demands for new content, if u dont have nothing to do whats the point of doing all that ??

I wont probably run Valindra’s Tower 10000 times like i did with Malabog Castle AGAIN.

Sugestions ?? Again, fix ur loot system and make more end game dungeons, not necessary new zones... just new dungeons in old zones... even in protectors Enclave... who knows.

I trully dont wanna be the jerk whos just complaining, dont get me worng i rly like the new features but in my opinion u are keep forgeting about END GAME CONTENT.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Yes, you can. The catalyst cost is only there for when you want upgrade your item from one rank to the next. You don't use catalyst when you are at the stage that you are putting other enchantments into it to fill up the refining points bar. Only once it is full do you use a catalyst.

Thanks. I totally overlooked this since the option stayed greyed out and never noticed that the required points move. Well this feature makes the new system more attractive to me.
  • Options
    darkzardarkzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know this game might have PvE as a priority, but I hope they don't break PvP with these updates. Like GWFs for example, they were already hard to deal with in PvP and now they'll be even better while the other classes remain, for what matters, pretty much the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thesilentblade.guildportal.com
  • Options
    occulasocculas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The refinement system is a good start but a reconsideration of the amount you get per refine should be considered. Also, the new system is cumbersome. Possibly a right click tool tip for clarification so that some people may understand it better.
    Unslotting an Enchantment or Runestone now costs an amount of Copper, Silver, and Gold (based on the Rank of the Enchant/Runestone and the Quality of the item) as opposed to Astral Diamonds. You can also now Refine/Upgrade a slotted Enchantment. This can be done by right-clicking on a slotted item and choosing “Refine Enchantment” or by choosing “Refine” from the drop down list while in the Enchanting window.
    This is a great idea, it gives gold a purpose for the game.

I would also like to add a side note. This is a shout out to the devs, great job! Keep up the good work. My guild is loving the new class. Everyone has logged into the test to try it out. We love the paragon paths and can't wait for more classes. Thank You!
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Wrong thread.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I only had a chance to peek at the new refinement process a little bit, but I'm getting the impression from this thread that the AD cost is only deducted if your enchantment upgrade succeeds? So in failures, you lose your ward/reagent/whatever, but you're not dinged for the ADs, potentially repeatedly? If so, I suppose I can live with that. I was worried that there would be an AD cost associated with every enchantment upgrade attempt, which could get prohibitive really quickly. Also, you don't lose the enchantment you've invested in feeding, just the reagents?

I haven't seen this explained specifically, but to create or upgrade a weapon/armor enchantment, your reagents are the 3 pieces of the same kind you'd have used in fusing previously. A coalescent ward still guarantees success, but there is the additional AD cost involved. I did not have to feed my shard, just slot the reagents (3 more shards in this case) and ward and pay the piper, so to speak.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I only had a chance to peek at the new refinement process a little bit, but I'm getting the impression from this thread that the AD cost is only deducted if your enchantment upgrade succeeds? So in failures, you lose your ward/reagent/whatever, but you're not dinged for the ADs, potentially repeatedly? If so, I suppose I can live with that. I was worried that there would be an AD cost associated with every enchantment upgrade attempt, which could get prohibitive really quickly. Also, you don't lose the enchantment you've invested in feeding, just the reagents?

Correct, you only pay the AD cost when it succeeds. When you fail you either lose the catalyst(s) or a preservation ward (if you are using one).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Excellent, thank you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2013
    i tried the new refining method it has pros and cons

pros
    if you have event enchant like savage you can make rank 10 with just 10 or less

cons
    upgrading from rank 7 to higher costs a lot of enchantments to fill refining points
This discussion has been closed.