test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131018a.8 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    well lets hope the devs know it shouldn't be active during PvP or we'll have a minor P2W problem

What? More than we have already? Ha.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Companions
    • Panthers now have an updated walk animation.
    • Panthers will no longer slide when attacking in certain conditions.

But have they learned how to sit like a cat instead of a bear?!?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . What about those of us who have bought active companion slots? Is it still 5 max per slot? Will we get a retroactive reimbursement of the 350 Zen per slot?

. . . . . Never-the-less, most glorious patch notes! I love what I am seeing here! My only gripe is the above.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Performance and Graphics
    • Protector's Enclave has received a minor performance update.
    • Blacklake District has received a minor performance update.
    • Tower District has received a minor performance update.

Uh oh... the last "minor performance update" of pre-existing maps broke a whooooole lot of Foundry quests due to shifted details and overly aggressive invisible walls. Any explicit details on these?
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While using resolution 1366x768 (Windowed Maximized) and UI scale of 1. It's not possible to move Power's window and change the upper Class Feature nor the Dailies.

It was possible before. But you may want to warn players that they may need to change the UI Scale to something lower.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Enchantment and Runestone Item Refinement
    After an Enchant/Runestone gains the appropriate amount of RP, it will now be able to Upgrade to the next rank. The Refining Stones needed to upgrade it are displayed, as well as the chance of success to do so. Upgrading has an Astral Diamond cost associated with it now, which is based on the Rank of the Enchant/Runestone. You will also be able to find various Refining Stones that are designed to be consumed for a boost of RP.

This scares the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me. So now it will cost AD to rank up every enchant and there is still a chance of failure?????? I don't know the prices yet but it seems like it will suck AD from us pretty quickly. I will have to get in there and test this out.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    What about those of us who have bought active companion slots? Is it still 5 max per slot? Will we get a retroactive reimbursement of the 350 Zen per slot?
    Some of this was asked and answered elsewhere. Apparently slots 4 and 5 are are unlocked at level 30 and 60 respectively. I've you've paid to unlock to get access to them at level 1.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . What about those of us who have bought active companion slots? Is it still 5 max per slot? Will we get a retroactive reimbursement of the 350 Zen per slot?

. . . . . Never-the-less, most glorious patch notes! I love what I am seeing here! My only gripe is the above.

from what i gather of my new test ranger, the slots open at level 30 and 60 but you can open them beforehand for zen. whether they will give zen credit for this remains to be seen. considering pwe doesn't give zen adjustments for people that buy zen store items right before they go on sale, i'm thinking probably not... but... maybe they'll change their stance on this?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was looking in the AD store and I noticed 2 new items.

Blue Dungeon Delve Key (1.5K) and Purple Dungeon Delve Key (2.5k)

Purple works on all dungeon chests and blue works on non-epic dungeon chests.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Some of this was asked and answered elsewhere. Apparently slots 4 and 5 are are unlocked at level 30 and 60 respectively. I've you've paid to unlock to get access to them at level 1.
    . . . . Well that sucks because I bought mine after I hit level 60, which would be after they would have been unlocked for me already. Ah well....
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    . . . . Well that sucks because I bought mine after I hit level 60, which would be after they would have been unlocked for me already. Ah well....

Yeah, I bought mine when they went on sale for 66% off. I did get some limited use out of it.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    So why every other class gets crit fixes to dailies and several armor penetration fixes to their encounters but TRs only have their daily buffed? No Path of the Blade fix? Did you guys forget about it already. As of now, I somewhere heard it ignores deflection chance of the enemies and it maybe ignores armor penetration also. I'm going to do some testing myself when I have time but I would really like to see this fixed in module 2!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm a little concerned over the possible ramifications of the replacement for the enchantment fusion system. I'll preface this by saying that I typically only use R5 enchants/runes. Will the investment of 4 R4's still allow me the ability make a R5 at least 60% of time, like we can now? Will the investment of 4 like-shards + a coalescent ward necessarily result in a lesser enchant 100% of the time?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please: Plague Fire?
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned over the possible ramifications of the replacement for the enchantment fusion system. I'll preface this by saying that I typically only use R5 enchants/runes. Will the investment of 4 R4's still allow me the ability make a R5 at least 60% of time, like we can now? Will the investment of 4 like-shards + a coalescent ward necessarily result in a lesser enchant 100% of the time?

If you use 3 rank 4 to refine another rank 4 (assuming all 4 are the same type), you will get all of the refinement points needed to level up to rank 5. At that point, you will need the required catalyst item(s) to rank up. You will have a 60% chance to succeed. If it fails then the catalyst will be eaten up. If it succeeds it will cost you AD and I would guess the catalyst is still lost, not sure though.

At the lower ranks (1-3) it will only cost 2 enchantments of the same time to hit the refinement points you need. At the higher ranks (7-9, along with weapon/armor enchantments) it will cost you 4 enchantments to hit the refinement points and an enchantment of the same type and rank will be required as a catalyst along with a catalyst item.
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    If you use 3 rank 4 to refine another rank 4 (assuming all 4 are the same type), you will get all of the refinement points needed to level up to rank 5. At that point, you will need the required catalyst item(s) to rank up. You will have a 60% chance to succeed. If it fails then the catalyst will be eaten up. If it succeeds it will cost you AD and I would guess the catalyst is still lost, not sure though.

At the lower ranks (1-3) it will only cost 2 enchantments of the same time to hit the refinement points you need. At the higher ranks (7-9, along with weapon/armor enchantments) it will cost you 4 enchantments to hit the refinement points and an enchantment of the same type and rank will be required as a catalyst along with a catalyst item.

Wait... does this mean that, under this new system, you cannot refine without using a catalyst of some type?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited October 2013
    Wait... does this mean that, under this new system, you cannot refine without using a catalyst of some type?

Correct. We also don't know where these catalyst items come from. Don't forget that when you successful rank up an enchantment it costs you AD.

The only advantage of this new system is that you can use enchantments of a lower rank or a different type to get the refinement points need to increase the rank. So if you have a bunch of rank 4s and want to make a rank 6, you can refine one up to 5 and then use the rest of the rank 4s to get the refinement points needed to being able that 5 up to 6.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    History of GWF:

- GWF is fine, some players understand this and dominate in pvp, while bads cry on the forums for months that GWF is useless and terrible in PvP because they simply don't know how to play it.
    - Devs listen to bads and buff GWFs
    - It is then realized that GWFs were buffed way too much
    - Devs Nerf GWFs
    - Devs Buff GWFs

Hammer, meet Nail.. you sir, you know this, but bads will always be bad.
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Correct. We also don't know where these catalyst items come from. Don't forget that when you successful rank up an enchantment it costs you AD.

The only advantage of this new system is that you can use enchantments of a lower rank or a different type to get the refinement points need to increase the rank. So if you have a bunch of rank 4s and want to make a rank 6, you can refine one up to 5 and then use the rest of the rank 4s to get the refinement points needed to being able that 5 up to 6.

This... is kinda disappointing. If the only way to refine enchantments requires coalescent or preservation wards AND ADs, then the devs are in for a whole heap of backlash. *IF* the catalysts are simply another item you can make with these refine points AND the AD cost is very reasonable, (from a handful of ADs for R2-4, a few dozen to a few hundred for R5-6), then this system may be both more enticing to use and find those less desirable runes/enchants getting used up by players, then there's a lot of potential here. Historically, though, such related prices have been excessive and unreasonable.

Further, this notion of not being able to simply overwrite existing enchants has to go the way of the dodo - people can live with losing the slotted enchant if they want to place a new one, but being held hostage if you want to simply slot something new, is unacceptable.
  • naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    I didn't manage to read everything yet, but I saw this and just had to reply:

General
    Many powers such as Icy, Terrain, Shard of the Eternal Avalanche and Daunting Light should now properly benefit from the Armor Penetration stat.

This is a reason for applause! thank you and great job!
    The module look awesome!
    edited October 2013
    This... is kinda disappointing. If the only way to refine enchantments requires coalescent or preservation wards AND ADs, then the devs are in for a whole heap of backlash. *IF* the catalysts are simply another item you can make with these refine points AND the AD cost is very reasonable, (from a handful of ADs for R2-4, a few dozen to a few hundred for R5-6), then this system may be both more enticing to use and find those less desirable runes/enchants getting used up by players, then there's a lot of potential here. Historically, though, such related prices have been excessive and unreasonable.

Further, this notion of not being able to simply overwrite existing enchants has to go the way of the dodo - people can live with losing the slotted enchant if they want to place a new one, but being held hostage if you want to simply slot something new, is unacceptable.

The wards aren't catalysts. They still serve the same function as they did before the change, though preservation wards now protect the catalysts, not the enchantments since they are what is lost when you fail to rank up the enchantment.

Not being able to override existing enchantments in the new system is a bug, which is why it is listed under known issues.

Here are some screenshots I took to illustrate the new system.

First one is an enchantment that is still working on getting the refinement points needed so it can rank up. The bright yellow on the bar is from past refinements I have already done. The darker yellow is the pending refinement points. I have slotted in enchantments of different types and ranks, each giving me values according to it's rank along with the one of the same type giving me bonus points.

The second one is an enchantment that is ready to be ranked one. For this rank, I need to use 2 lesser marks of potency as a catalyst (which I don't have) to rank it up and I can slot in a preservation ward to product those in case I fail to actually rank it up.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    AD cost for refining seems pretty high. 1k to go from 4 to 5, 5k from 5 to 6, 25k from 6 to 7. if that pattern of a multiple of 5 continues then refining will get pretty pricey.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
    edited October 2013
    I had a chance to play the ranger a little bit. It seems great so far. My only 2 gripes are these:

1. The bow needs to be tilted the other way. Having the strings angled up just looks wrong. They should be angled down a bit, with the curve of the bow kinda being on the top.

2. The very short dash has an interesting feel to it. The posture the character takes when dashing needs a little tweaking though. Maybe having the character lower themselves a bit and kinda turning a bit sideways when they dash would look better, IMO.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    just test the gwf. The swordmaster is extremely powerful with this new bleed, the iron is immeasurable.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    or maybe I'm just surprised ... haah
    edited October 2013
    Another nitpick - the Ranger should have a default color scheme that consists of greens. Also, will a ranger dye kit be added to alchemy as well?

Update: Perhaps it was just the starter armor that was blue and silver (like a CW's). I just got another one and it's green. Good show!
  • xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys,
    Some questions that I having trouble with:

Does the rework of soulforge make the enchantment better or worse in your opinion, both PVE and PVP.
    Will coalescent ward be useful when module 2 comes out?
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I Love long patch notes.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xwanguu wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Some questions that I having trouble with:

Does the rework of soulforge make the enchantment better or worse in your opinion, both PVE and PVP.
    Will coalescent ward be useful when module 2 comes out?

For PvP, if you are a high hp/defense player, it is better. For both PvE and PvP, if you are a squishy, its worse.
  • xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you :)
    May I ask 1 more question. In PVE if I'm revived and have sickness, will the new soulforge procc?
This discussion has been closed.