test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Impressions

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since the event is a (mostly) visual thing and a free(and somewhat fun) event, I'm not disappointed by the lack of any rewards of substance.

Negatives:
  • Darkened Protectors Enclave is straining my eyes a bit.
  • Trading charms individually with the illusionists is immensely annoying, especially when you have 20+ charms after a typical run though sharandar.

Positives:
  • The event dye is good. Very good, in fact I'd probably say it's the best event dye to date.
  • Potions and masks are amusing.

What about everyone else?
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    imo, the interaction times are too long especially since we're trading one charm per interaction. having not seen any other information other than the live stream yesterday, it was disappointing to see that the skeleton companion wasn't epic. but then again, no event has offered such a companion and the highest quality one ever offered was the blue skeletal dogs.

i haven't looked into the dye but the temporary masks made me wonder why temporary dyes are not offered...
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Negatives:
    • Trading charms individually with the illusionists is immensely annoying, especially when you have 20+ charms after a typical run though sharandar.

This mostly. But I like those masks. Have no idea whether I'll get one, the exchange of charms pisses me off.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The running around finding illusionists to trade a single charm is quite annoying.
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah...am I missing something or can you also only go to a person x number of times? Some seem to not be available. I thought it was related to their shape but don't know. Agreed, If I am gonna get 600+ of these things....need an easier way to turn them in....I assume the dye is a reward I didn't see in the same inventory as they skeleton? When I looked the masks were not available yet.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The running around finding illusionists to trade a single charm is quite annoying.

Exactly so. :(
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    Yeah...am I missing something or can you also only go to a person x number of times? Some seem to not be available. I thought it was related to their shape but don't know. Agreed, If I am gonna get 600+ of these things....need an easier way to turn them in....I assume the dye is a reward I didn't see in the same inventory as they skeleton? When I looked the masks were not available yet.

Certain masks are only available on certain days.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Negatives:
    Lag
    Grind
    More useless itens and companions in my bag

Positives:
    None
    __
    After midsummer (which was a great event) I expected something much better.
  • twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited October 2013
    As pretty much every event PW come up with it's a nice addition for a casual player, but an absolute drag for anyone who want to actually grind for the top rewards. First having to grind 450 charms (7.5 hours give or take), you then have to rubberband around Protector's Enclave trying to interact with vendors that are frustratingly laggy because the game can't handle instances with 150 people during any kind of event. Once traded with once the vendor locks you out so you have to swap instances and do it all again.
    All that for a simple green pet, and if you're looking for one of the time-limited hats better get grinding NOW because they can only be bought for a short while.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    devaneio wrote: »
    Negatives:
    Lag
    Grind
    More useless itens and companions in my bag

1. You dont have to grind for anything if you dont want to
    2. You dont have to get the companion or keep any Item despite the liar charms (1 slot)

basically you are free to do everything in this free to play game
    edited October 2013
    nurmood wrote: »
    The fact that the game is free neither makes the event better or worse, in fact the free-to-play nature is entirely irrelevant to how well the event is executed.
    Now, if someone had posted a "OMG this event is soooo bad whyyy are you forcing me to dooo iiiiit!!!11!!1!1" thread you'd have a point, but this is a thread for impressions and as such your far too commonly used blanket statement of "it's free, shut up" has no place.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bkloes wrote: »

Yes, you can only speak to each once until you have spoken to fiver different illusionists. Then you can go back to the same one(s) again.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    twitticles wrote: »
    The fact that the game is free neither makes the event better or worse, in fact the free-to-play nature is entirely irrelevant to how well the event is executed.
    Now, if someone had posted a "OMG this event is soooo bad whyyy are you forcing me to dooo iiiiit!!!11!!1!1" thread you'd have a point, but this is a thread for impressions and as such your far too commonly used blanket statement of "it's free, shut up" has no place.

Ok you are right i give you that. Impressions can not be wrong?! But however you can invent possible negative impressions to make something look bad. For example the event is not making him to spend a slot on a companion.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    twitticles wrote: »
    As pretty much every event PW come up with it's a nice addition for a casual player, but an absolute drag for anyone who want to actually grind for the top rewards. First having to grind 450 charms (7.5 hours give or take), you then have to rubberband around Protector's Enclave trying to interact with vendors that are frustratingly laggy because the game can't handle instances with 150 people during any kind of event. Once traded with once the vendor locks you out so you have to swap instances and do it all again.
    All that for a simple green pet, and if you're looking for one of the time-limited hats better get grinding NOW because they can only be bought for a short while.

All you have to do is choose 6 stationary illusionists and do them in a loop, which you can do while remaining mounted. As the questgiver said, you can only return to the same illusionist after visiting 5 others. No need to switch instances.
    edited October 2013
    All you have to do is choose 6 stationary illusionists and do them in a loop, which you can do while remaining mounted. As the questgiver said, you can only return to the same illusionist after visiting 5 others. No need to switch instances.
    Actually altough supposed to, that doesn't always work. Despite talking to eight different illusionists none of them would let me trade again, until I swapped to a new instance.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nurmood wrote: »
    1. You dont have to grind for anything if you dont want to
    2. You dont have to get the companion or keep any Item despite the liar charms (1 slot)

What I will be doing during the event is irrelevant, topic is not about me. I gave my feedback.
    I am a old player, the rewards are not worth my time because of lag and grinding. More green companions? We can find lots of green companions from last events in AH, and people continue to use the healer because it's better. I presented an event that I enjoyed as an example of how I would like to have themed events.
    You don't need to agree, but dont tell me how I should pay the my game.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I find the event too frustrating and annoying, I wanted the Skeleton for fun. But to run around PE in circles 60 or more times is just too much ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its so ffn annoying to trade in these charms

edited October 2013
    I would be fine talking to illusionists if it wasn't so tedious or wasn't a required step to get vendor stuff.

Another thing I don't like is that some masks only have temp versions while others are permanent.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I would be fine talking to illusionists if it wasn't so tedious or wasn't a required step to get vendor stuff.

Another thing I don't like is that some masks only have temp versions while others are permanent.

And temporary masks look better IMHO. I liked Midsummer event so much, I almost lived in there, and I really disappointed with this one.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the trade of the charms sucks,I got like 80 charms at 60 I was tired of running behind the illusionists to trade
    there should be like a couple of them so you can go and trade all your charms in one go
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it was well played and executed event. The way it is set up destroys botters chances of botting charms all day and night with any rewards unless they go and hand em all in. Good way to track botters too imo.

Good job Cryptic! Good to see!
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...and no title or achievements. ugh.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    however on a positive note, I like how PE is decorated. just unfortunate the event will make PuG queues longer.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I simply love PE decorations and the changes of Illusionists' looks and I quite like the rewards, although I don't understand why most masks are
    1) temporary,
    2) of very short duration at that (only 8 hours? they should at least last during the entire event...).
    I also wish we could get the cat masks female illusionist NPCs are sporting...
    Besides, why put another NPC in Moonstone Mask again!
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Positives:
    Seeing PE at night is cool.
    The descriptions of the Skeleton's powers are good for a wry smile.
    The Illusionists are done well, including some of the dialogue.
    The decorations are very nice.

Negatives:
    It is a horrible grind.
    Rewards are lackluster at best.
    The Skeleton companion is not worth the time investment.
    Moonstone Mask is once again overrun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Positives:
    • The event dye is good. Very good, in fact I'd probably say it's the best event dye to date.
    Got a picture of the dye pack?
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it was well played and executed event. The way it is set up destroys botters chances of botting charms all day and night with any rewards unless they go and hand em all in. Good way to track botters too imo.

Good job Cryptic! Good to see!

Yea, because botters are going to take a break from earning sellable items and AD to bot for bound charms used for bound cosmetic items. Makes total sense...
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mikabella2 wrote: »
    Got a picture of the dye pack?

ZN6lJSk.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ekgghh.png

this is how event dyes look on my TR armor... imo? it looks awesome :)
  • gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    I like the event and since it's all gifts we're getting I won't complain about that.

The only thing I *really* dislike is what others have already mentioned: Having to trade the charms one by one and - moreover - having to run around in circles to find different illusionists because the same one won't take more than one at a time. This is extremely tedious and no fun at all.