What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Impressions

13»

Comments

• jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    And last but not least: The greedy. We all know the flower-stealers. Here we have the same. They see you standing at a pumpkin and instead of taking the next one, they run to this very pumpkin and try to click it faster than you. How stupid are the players???

LOL. This game really attracts them in droves. I was trying to get the pumpkin on top of the wheel and I was having some trouble. It is the one where you have to jump on crates and then on a platform hanging by a rope to reach the pumpkin. I tried 3 times and kept falling off. Some other guy runs up and sees I am having trouble so he quickly jumps up and gets the pumpkin.......and then he tells me "Hahaha! suck it". Seriously??? It's a crappy little charm that can easily be gotten in so many other ways. I just walked a few feet away and picked up a different pumpkin.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Made an event map so you can plan your route.

Orange = Pumpkins
    Red = Stationary Illusionists

Wouldn't be surprised if I missed a pumpkin here and there so feel free to extend it for your personal use.
    Do you mind if I add your map to the wiki, j0shi82?

Also, everyone's help is welcome for improving http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Masquerade_of_Liars. It has been a solo endeavor thus far.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this event is really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. but i just want a perm jack mask, then all is well. it looks soooo good in my opinion and i saw it was temp. seriously wtf?
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacopinenjacopinen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Since the event is a (mostly) visual thing and a free(and somewhat fun) event, I'm not disappointed by the lack of any rewards of substance.

Negatives:
    • Darkened Protectors Enclave is straining my eyes a bit.
    • Trading charms individually with the illusionists is immensely annoying, especially when you have 20+ charms after a typical run though sharandar.

Positives:
    • The event dye is good. Very good, in fact I'd probably say it's the best event dye to date.
    • Potions and masks are amusing.

What about everyone else?

you're right is really annoyng trade one on one the charms... we need a npc which you can trade all the charms immediately
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People seem to be missing the point, if the devs made the event so you have to manually change the tokens individually is to have people to actually play the event for longer, having them trade the tokens all at once would defeat this purpose.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    People seem to be missing the point, if the devs made the event so you have to manually change the tokens individually is to have people to actually play the event for longer, having them trade the tokens all at once would defeat this purpose.

If by "play event" you mean "run around PE in a circle" sure.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, running around PE looking for the npc's IS part of the event.
    Clearly not the most fun part but it is part of the event, and it's made that way so people spend more time playing it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The thing I dislike most is that if you try to get a charm from a pumpkin and you have more than 5 in your bag at the time you can't pick up another charm. So you have to trade in charms almost constantly if you're running around to the pumkins to get charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    You can get charms from enemies with no limit if the lazy way gets too frustrating ;)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Honestly it's faster to farm pumpkins than it is to get them as drops off enemies. It should really be the other way around if they want people actually PLAYING the game as opposed to running in circles around PE.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah but with enemies you can actually do something else besides gathering them, you can do Sharandar and gather them, or do foundries and gather them, and I think you should be able to do dungeons and gather them, in case you want to JUST gather them and not do anything else at all then probably the pumpkins *might* be faster, but depends no how many people get to them before you anyway.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Designing something stupidly on purpose is still stupid.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can get charms from enemies with no limit if the lazy way gets too frustrating ;)

Indeed, and I've done that too. I spent most of my time in Sharandar which is were I picked up most of my charms. I was merely making an observation regarding pumpkin farming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't really have an issue running around giving individual charms to NPCs. However I do have an issue in that it needs to be done 600 times if you want the companion. 600! That's just busy work for the sake of busy work.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I don't really have an issue running around giving individual charms to NPCs. However I do have an issue in that it needs to be done 600 times if you want the companion. 600! That's just busy work for the sake of busy work.

More like 500 times, assuming you do the daily event quests each day. But still... it's still a monotonous task.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Heard they are adding a mount.

Can't wait to see it...
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Designing something stupidly on purpose is still stupid.
    It's not stupid, it's trick-or-treating. That's why you have to run around from NPC to NPC and get Tokens. They could have made so you get a random number Tokens, from 1 to 4, like it was with the flowers in the Summer Festival though.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They added cat mask to the vendor and I absolutely love it. :>
    But yea, I agree that drop rate from mobs for those charms could be better to relieve PE traffic.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...I honestly don't understand how do they expect an adult person, with job, real-life responsibilities and quite often small kids to be able to spend hours on running around the PE. And if they want more than one mask at the time and have only a couple days to get them? It's ridiculous.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Heard they are adding a mount.

Can't wait to see it...

What is the source for this?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    Did anyone realized that the blue perm masks are BOP? The weird thing is before they are available, such as the owl mask and the pit fiend mask, the tooltip say they are BOE, but when the owl mask becomes available today, it changed to BOP. The pit fiend mask still says BOE.

What is going on??