test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Impressions

Comments

• netrunnnnrnetrunnnnr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The dye looks awesome :)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So can someone clarify things for me, (I haven't had a chance to try the event yet) - I can go out and kill enemies, and they can drop these Liar's Charms. I must then find an Illusionist, whom I can trade 1 charm for a Masquerade Token. I must then find another Illusionist so I can trade yet another, and I must do this over and over again, going to a different Illusionist each time, in order to get a token - and there are items for sale that cost 100's of tokens to get? Yeesh!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You are correct, however the Illusionists reset after every fifth one you talk to. You can also find the charms hidden in pumpkins scattered about PE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    How much is the skelli? I'm having visions of endless hours af npc clicking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    600 tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is a pattern to it. Its not timed. You only need to visit 6 unique Illusionists before it resets and you can repeat. There are at least that many surrounding the Seven suns market, or in close proximity to it.

You just need to hop on the speedy mount and run laps around the market for quick turn in's
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I ran through it once. For me, the work isn't worth the reward, but that's kind of been the way of it, for events. I sort of wish they would focus on fun activities, and downplay the rewards, since I get that they don't want to give away a lot of stuff that has a lot of value.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Insane Lagggggg!!!
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the "daily" masks are only available on that particular day? Meaning, Day 2 mask will only be available on Day 2 and will be removed after Day 2 ends.Same goes for Day 3 mask, Day mask...
    OR
    Once they are available, they will be there till the event ends?
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Made an event map so you can plan your route.

Orange = Pumpkins
    Red = Stationary Illusionists

Wouldn't be surprised if I missed a pumpkin here and there so feel free to extend it for your personal use.

ejx2mc.png
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the map, j0shi82!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    It is ok , I will hope for better for the Holiday season!! :) I do appreicate the efforts though and so will just go with the flow and annoyingly turn in one liar charm at a time lol. (That is the part I'm shaking my head at the most)
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    It won't let me save the map, anyway to get a copy that can be saved? Thank you :)
    edited October 2013
    It won't let me save the map, anyway to get a copy that can be saved? Thank you :)

In Chrome, I can right click -> save image as.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's alright but yeah trading in 1 charm at a time to get a token is pretty tedious not long after starting.

And the 600 tokens for a (green!) companion is a bit lame. It's doable for a single character, although that means an average of grinding out 100 tokens a day, but if you want it for any of your other characters you'll more than likely be out of luck unless you have oodles of free time. Which if I had that much free time I wouldn't be playing a mostly casual MMO. The events are supposed to be fun why does Cryptic keep making it a grind if you want some of the cooler items? Do they really think running to NPCs 600 times is fun? I guess so!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Liking the event so far -- the masks look snazzy and it's fun to run around PE. Just wish I weren't avalanched under work/school/family stuff during the majority of it. D:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes, find your route around PE and gather 100+ pumpkins an hour.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    Yeah...am I missing something or can you also only go to a person x number of times? Some seem to not be available. I thought it was related to their shape but don't know. Agreed, If I am gonna get 600+ of these things....need an easier way to turn them in....I assume the dye is a reward I didn't see in the same inventory as they skeleton? When I looked the masks were not available yet.

Before you can go back to one Illusionist you have to trade with 4 Other illusionists.

I suggested on another thread to turn in the charms as Charms are a good Halloween Treat.
    edited October 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    How much is the skelli? I'm having visions of endless hours af npc clicking.

Skeleton is 600 charms + 600 trade-ins.
    edited October 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's alright but yeah trading in 1 charm at a time to get a token is pretty tedious not long after starting.

And the 600 tokens for a (green!) companion is a bit lame. It's doable for a single character, although that means an average of grinding out 100 tokens a day, but if you want it for any of your other characters you'll more than likely be out of luck unless you have oodles of free time. Which if I had that much free time I wouldn't be playing a mostly casual MMO. The events are supposed to be fun why does Cryptic keep making it a grind if you want some of the cooler items? Do they really think running to NPCs 600 times is fun? I guess so!

I suggested on another Thread to do like the Mid summer Flower chase where you could get 1 (70%), 2 (15%), 3 (10%) or 4 (5%) each drop.
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sutekhone wrote: »
    Yea, because botters are going to take a break from earning sellable items and AD to bot for bound charms used for bound cosmetic items. Makes total sense...

Yup its amazing what these botters bot for , put <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a bottle and called in chocolate lemonade and they will bot for it if it pulls in AD or gold of any amount.

Masks are not bop and will be around all year long, they just last for a certain amount of time and the companions are not bop as far as I know.

Botters exist and are garbage of humanity... and that is the truth. They ruin games, and could care less...defend them if you like. Makes total sense.

After the Waukeen event when everyone just greed farmed the game and botters went on a hayday, I can see why they set it up the way they did especially after everyone again,... just complained.

I would suggest Cryptic all together just end special events if this is a constant trend. period.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Time spent = items that have zero functionality........................
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or maybe don't make the items tradeable while not making them so much of a grind. You know.. Fun and stuff. That way botters and the like wont make any profit. And players can get the items for all their characters. Sounds like a win-win to me. These events shouldn't have anything to do with profiting.

If you don't think having to run around to NPCs 600 times is worthy of at least a complaint or two well... I'd hate to see what you think it worthy of criticism.

It seems like every event, at least those with a companion, have made it more difficult to get them than the previous ones. For the last few I've had to buy them on the AH because even with farming the events for hours I still didn't get the drop.
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Looks kinda fun. Just limit it to one skellie or something. I do like having new things to do fairly frequently. I'll try and get a friend for Chitlin' my attack pig.:o. Might as well try, maybe they will adjust it. 600 turn ins..yikes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Trading charms individually with the illusionists is immensely annoying, especially when you have 20+ charms after a typical run though sharandar.

I logged on to see how this event was and this part killed it for me. There's no way I'm running around the city clicking on different npcs to give them 1 charm at a time. There's too many other good Halloween events running to waste my time like this.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This event is for the birds. You have to grind to get the currency then grind to turn in the currency to get the ACTUAL currency you need to get a reward. I thought only the government was capable of that kind of illogic.

The only reward of any note is 600 tokens which, if my experiences today were typical, would require an insane amount of effort per day given the event's duration. Doubly worthless for me, since while I would like to have the Skeleton for my CW I simply can't justify this much effort given that I bought the Feywild pack so every character I make gets a better pet right from birth.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013
    I think the event looks beautiful and the adventuring drop rate on tokens is really good. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of visiting illusionists swiftly. With a fast mount, it's really not so much of a drag. I think they could keep the fun trick-or-treat feel and make turn-in less of a slog by making the charm exchange value RNG. One never knows if a house will have candy corn or Snickers. Likewise, it would be fun to have illusionists trade between 1-4 tokens at random.
  • vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2013
    Uff...
    Lags, crazy people running around, sucks rewards. It's Halloween, baby. :mad:
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This event is completely pointless, boring and no fun at all. Seriously, who came up with the idea of making an even where all you do is running in circles around Protector's Enclave, collect pumpkins and trade them in 1 for 1 to people standing or roaming around???

There is nothing motivating at all, no mini-games, no mini-tournaments where you play for being the winner, no epic Halloween bosses to fight (why not add a Scarecrow King or something similar?), not even the most obvious: candy! Where is the candy, some buff stuff like the meals from the flower event??? Or trick and treat? Where???

And why is this placed in Protector's Enclave? This place is already full, the lag doesn't become better with such an event taking place there.

Worst of all about those events though are the lazy and stupid people. Seriously, I get mad when I read "Where is the vendor?" every minute in zone chat. Please add a huge icon on the map where the vendor is and open a popup up when you first start the game that explains how this event is working!

But those lazy people really annoy me and it has nothing to do with being unpolite, those people are unpolite actually! It is like going to the airport and instead of just watching the monitors or checking the huge billboard at the wall the first thing those people do is shouting "Hey, I want to fly to New York, where is my frigging gate?". Take your own 5 minutes and check things by yourself first before asking stupid questions! Click on the news finally that is presented on the launcher or the event icon in game, or read the forum and stop logging in and asking questions like "What are charms for", "Where is the vendor", "Where are the illusionists", "Where is the vendor again", "What are the rewards", "Where the heck is the vendor"... Don't waste other players' time if you haven't checked the event by yourself first!

And the stupid people are annoying also. Even if you tell them how the event is working they just keep saying "The illusionists don't take my charms".

And last but not least: The greedy. We all know the flower-stealers. Here we have the same. They see you standing at a pumpkin and instead of taking the next one, they run to this very pumpkin and try to click it faster than you. How stupid are the players???
  • dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LMAO ^ at stupid peepolez.....