test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A small gripe having to do with Rough AD refining...

lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay - so yeah, I know I shouldn't complain, because I have been insanely lucky in this event. I won 256K AD three times. :cool:

However, having said that, it just doesn't seem right that I have over 750K Rough AD sitting in my account that I wont be able to fully do anything with for about a month because I can only refine 24K AD each day...

With the advent of the purple item salvaging, Neverembers Daily Quests, the Rhix Quests and the daily invoking and Professions, doesn't it seem more...helpful?...to lift the cap on refining or at least bump it up to 100K daily?

:o Please and Thank You very much! :o
Post edited by lakesidemaiden on

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay - so yeah, I know I shouldn't complain, because I have been insanely lucky in this event. I won 256K AD three times. :cool:

However, having said that, it just doesn't seem right that I have over 750K Rough AD sitting in my account that I wont be able to fully do anything with for about a month because I can only refine 24K AD each day...

With the advent of the purple item salvaging, Neverembers Daily Quests, the Rhix Quests and the daily invoking and Professions, doesn't it seem more...helpful?...to lift the cap on refining or at least bump it up to 100K daily?

:o Please and Thank You very much! :o

The refining cap won't be raised until most regular players are hitting the cap daily.

As unlikely as it may seem, right now you're in the minority and most players aren't hitting the cap every day.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The refining cap won't be raised until most regular players are hitting the cap daily.

As unlikely as it may seem, right now you're in the minority and most players aren't hitting the cap every day.

That isn't the point. The cap needs to be raised. I have been here since the beginning.
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could see them temporarily raising the AD limit, but not for the long term.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    That isn't the point. The cap needs to be raised. I have been here since the beginning.

You would have to demonstrate how raising the cap benefits Cryptic/PWE... otherwise, why would they do it. IMO, it would only serve to devalue ADs, since as time goes by, people will be bringing in more ADs and thus wanting more for the same items.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a mechanisms to control the exchanges and the prices not becoming hyper-inflated more then it already is and for the zen exchange to not be deflated.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's why i open the chests with alts, 3 alrs + your toon: et voila! your refining goes to 100k daily!!! magic!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    This is a mechanisms to control the exchanges and the prices not becoming hyper-inflated more then it already is and for the zen exchange to not be deflated.

lol I love how it's a "Free to Play" MMO, but it's only free to play if you don't actually want to succeed at anything in the game lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol I love how it's a "Free to Play" MMO, but it's only free to play if you don't actually want to succeed at anything in the game lol

How are you defining "succeed" here? What are you being prevented from doing by having to wait to refine those ADs? Are you not able to play or something?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I actually agree with the devs that the cap for refining AD should NOT be raised
    Why?
    Because an event like this will absolutely flood the market with AD and have a destructive effect on the economy in the game..
    Prices of everything would increase dramatically for the foreseeable future.. You may think that's ok cause you just got a free million AD from this event.. But there are people making 10M+ from this event..

Now what about the people that either A.. Aren't able to play the event for some reason of B.. Can't play on weekends.

They would all be completely pushed out of the economy.
    If the market suddenly gets flooded with 100s of millions of AD.. And that's how much rough AD is being made from this event... Everyone would be on here complaining about how perfect vorpal prices suddenly went upto 20M each..

Don't increase the refine rate please
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There's already multiple other threads with this same concept on them....

Honestly, no reason to raise the cap. The majority do not hit the AD refine cap.

STO - which has been out longer - has the same refine cap as here and the same requests constantly... not worth it for PWE to up the cap.

You don't *have* to buy anything in the game really. All of the gear etc you can get without paying. All of it is dropped or obtained in game through some means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    How are you defining "succeed" here? What are you being prevented from doing by having to wait to refine those ADs? Are you not able to play or something?

yes. /10char

;)
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Everyone might want to google the term "hyperinflation" and see what effect is had on the Zimbabwe economy a few years back where a loaf of bread ended up costing around 1 million dollars... Then apply that to te similar effect raising the refining rate would have on the NW economy
    Even raising the cap by 10000/day .. Over a sample size of 50k players would raise the amount of AD coming into the economy by 500M/day

That would be the end of the economy as we know it
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    LOL no, I'm not able to proceed further with completing my character - I need that AD so that I can purchase a Riser Fragment from the AH. The odds of it dropping in Malabog Castle are extremely slim, and they are extremely expensive.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LOL no, I'm not able to proceed further with completing my character - I need that AD so that I can purchase a Riser Fragment from the AH. The odds of it dropping in Malabog Castle are extremely slim, and they are extremely expensive.

So what would you of done if there was no event and no RAD prize?

You would of most likely ground dailies, leadership tasks, and maybe a little salvage. And hoped you did enough each and every day to reach your refine cap. Seems to me, the prize lets you do all that without any of that effort and burn out. Seems a pretty sweet deal to me.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Everyone might want to google the term "hyperinflation" and see what effect is had on the Zimbabwe economy a few years back where a loaf of bread ended up costing around 1 million dollars... Then apply that to te similar effect raising the refining rate would have on the NW economy
    Even raising the cap by 10000/day .. Over a sample size of 50k players would raise the amount of AD coming into the economy by 500M/day

That would be the end of the economy as we know it

excellent examples. thanks for that!
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes there is a POINT to increasing the cap. They keep having events where you get AD from. blah blah blah. Cap needs to be increased. Don't like it, oh well.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Now what about the people that either A.. Are able to play the event for some reason of B.. Can't play on weekends.

They would all be completely pushed out of the economy.

Yep. For example, I don't max out my daily refine on any of my characters, and I've gotten a total of 24k AD from the event so far. (I turned most of the ~100 pouches I got into medium boxes, because I wanted the pants. None of them hit for AD. /shrug).

I have absolutely no understanding how people can bear to mindlessly grind enough to get 20+ of the large chests / a million+ AD from this thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes there is a POINT to increasing the cap. They keep having events where you get AD from. blah blah blah. Cap needs to be increased. Don't like it, oh well.

What you cited was not a POINT in favor of raising the cap. What you cited was, well, no explanatory reason at all...
  • Options
    edited October 2013

No, you want the cap to be raised, there's a difference.

Even with this event the amount of players hitting the refining cap daily will be less than the amount that do.

I've paid for 4 character slots and a handful of Astral diamonds and have at least one level 60 character capable of T2 dungeons.

Are we working off different definitions of succeed here?

And top tier loot and crafting mats in WoW have an extremely slim chance to drop, should Blizzard lower the subscription price because of this?

You keep saying "It needs" when you mean "I want". Once a year events aren't justification to raise the cap, and outside the event most people don't hit the cap daily.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I see this same argument in other games and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with inflation because the economy is already wrecked WITH this system. The real reason we have a limit on how much ad we can EARN is so we are forced to purchase zen to trade for ad or wait 4+ months to refine enough ad to buy something so stop with the bs excuses. You should know better. :)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I see this same argument in other games and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with inflation because the economy is already wrecked WITH this system. The real reason we have a limit on how much ad we can EARN is so we are forced to purchase zen to trade for ad or wait 4+ months to refine enough ad to buy something so stop with the bs excuses. You should know better. :)

It's both.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Imo they went to big with the box, giving you 256k AD and it is really easy to farm. And i guess alot of people have millions in rough AD, IF the rasied the cap to lets say a 100K it will become chaos. I do have a lot myself from several thousends of drakeseals item i vendor. But i think the 24k cap is just fine, maybe a sligt raise to 35k-ish but not more.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I propose that all player AD is summed, divided by player number and refunded equally. Communism rulez. :)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and also, they should give us a "gear me up!" button, that gives us rank 10s and perfect enchants! and tier 4 gear...
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I do have a lot myself from several thousends of drakeseals item i vendor.

I can't even comprehend how many dungeon runs that would take.

(Seriously, I've never done a top-end dungeon.... about how many drake seals do you get in a typical run?)
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I can't even comprehend how many dungeon runs that would take.

(Seriously, I've never done a top-end dungeon.... about how many drake seals do you get in a typical run?)

I had 2k Seals. Each boss is about 4. Chest gives 10.
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Woah, how is the AD limit damaging the economy? There's not enough AD coming in O_o?
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Of course I want the cap to be raised, for me individually it would be great - for a while. But because I understand economics a bit, I understand why it would be bad for me in the long run, and I therefore understand that the cap doesn't need to be raised.

It could be raised some time in the future (a small cap raise for Zen, e.g., as with STO now), but at the moment, in a young game, the economy needs to be stable, first and foremost.

As to the argument that "it makes you go out and buy Zen", that's just ridiculous - it's totally a self-imposed cage if you "want" shiny stuffz and want them naow. The fact that Cryptic take advantage of people who are that stupid is just fine.

Not that we don't all want shinies NAOOWWW sometimes, but gratifying that urge is something that has to be strictly regulated, both by oneself as an individual, and by the devs, otherwise one will impoverish oneself "buying" virtual goods that one doesn't even own, and the game will quickly die.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

Two DD runs is enough to buy one ring, with a couple of seals left over. (3 bosses + end chest)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Do you understand that if everyone (not just you) had immediate access to more spendable ADs, the price on that Riser Fragment would increase accordingly? Prices do not stay static. If there is more currency floating around, they go up. If there are more items to sell, prices fall.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia