test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A small gripe having to do with Rough AD refining...

2»

Comments

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I actually agree with the devs that the cap for refining AD should NOT be raised
    Why?
    Because an event like this will absolutely flood the market with AD and have a destructive effect on the economy in the game..
    Prices of everything would increase dramatically for the foreseeable future.. You may think that's ok cause you just got a free million AD from this event.. But there are people making 10M+ from this event..

Now what about the people that either A.. Aren't able to play the event for some reason of B.. Can't play on weekends.

They would all be completely pushed out of the economy.
    If the market suddenly gets flooded with 100s of millions of AD.. And that's how much rough AD is being made from this event... Everyone would be on here complaining about how perfect vorpal prices suddenly went upto 20M each..

Don't increase the refine rate please

exactly. botters would quickly destroy the economy.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . As much as I sympathize with people at their refinement cap, I cannot agree to any good outcome to justify raising the refinement cap. I have two characters that regularly hit the cap and while it would be nice to raise it and refine it all... doing so would mean that all the prices in the Auction House and Astral Diamond exchange would go through the roof. Everyone using the "I cannot afford an item in the AH" as an excuse as to why the cap should be raised would be right back in here then complaining at how insane the AH prices are after raising such a cap.

. . . . . I hope folks realize that if you increase the amount of Refined AD pouring into the game this is almost immediately reflected in the player driven market, raising how much people want and are willing to spend on things, yes? Raising the AD Cap would not benefit such players, it would actually have an adverse effect.

. . . . . Heck, just from the flood of Rough Astral Diamonds into the game, Zen pricing jumped from 340 AD per Zen to now 370+ AD per Zen. Items that once cost between 6,000 AD to 10,000 AD on the exchange are now selling for 50,000 AD to 60,000 AD. I do not even want to imagine what the economy would be like if they were to also increase the Refinement Cap.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I hope folks realize that if you increase the amount of Refined AD pouring into the game this is almost immediately reflected in the player driven market, raising how much people want and are willing to spend on things, yes? Raising the AD Cap would not benefit such players, it would actually have an adverse effect.

And for the folks who keep saying that the low cap is just to "make" us buy Zen.... in the situation you describe, where a flood of newly-refined AD has jacked all the auction prices through the roof - think of how "poor" the folks who don't hit the cap all the time, and who wouldn't have been able to take any advantage of the increased refine limit, would be. They'd have exactly the same amount of AD they have now, but in a world of vastly higher prices. Now that's a recipe for "gotta buy Zen".... :p
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    And for the folks who keep saying that the low cap is just to "make" us buy Zen.... in the situation you describe, where a flood of newly-refined AD has jacked all the auction prices through the roof - think of how "poor" the folks who don't hit the cap all the time, and who wouldn't have been able to take any advantage of the increased refine limit, would be. They'd have exactly the same amount of AD they have now, but in a world of vastly higher prices. Now that's a recipe for "gotta buy Zen".... :p

this!! /10char
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like Invoking - It is to get a Player to Log in everyday..
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • laurellian13laurellian13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I have an idea for refine limit bumps that free players can do and will make Cryptic money.. first a 1k bump so the limit is 25k, then 600 zen for a 5k bump, increase the price for every additional 5k bump with a max of 5, for an additional 25k bump (50k daily limit). This would create more revenue for Cryptic. Before anyone complains about this, the game could not and would not exist if Cryptic did not have a steady revenue stream for it... games like this are not one and done deals in paying for the developement, software, hardware, and etc. for it... it needs continuous revenue to keep going...this Cryptic gets via those who buy the packs, zen, and so on. Those who are willing to pay in all actuality subsidise those who are not. Why this is a good deal for for everyone... free players can earn Zen via this website or in game by buying it with Diamonds, those willing to pay can do so and of course get the higher limit faster.... just something to think about.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I have an idea for refine limit bumps that free players can do and will make Cryptic money.. first a 1k bump so the limit is 25k, then 600 zen for a 5k bump, increase the price for every additional 5k bump with a max of 5, for an additional 25k bump (50k daily limit). This would create more revenue for Cryptic. Before anyone complains about this, the game could not and would not exist if Cryptic did not have a steady revenue stream for it... games like this are not one and done deals in paying for the developement, software, hardware, and etc. for it... it needs continuous revenue to keep going...this Cryptic gets via those who buy the packs, zen, and so on. Those who are willing to pay in all actuality subsidise those who are not. Why this is a good deal for for everyone... free players can earn Zen via this website or in game by buying it with Diamonds, those willing to pay can do so and of course get the higher limit faster.... just something to think about.

umm no, any increase to the limit that isn't universal is going to cause inflation to spiral out of control. Even a universal one will cause inflation but it would be limited and controlled unlike in the situation you described which would cause inflation to go out of control and for people to either devote their lives to playing or pay up to get goods off the auction house.
  • buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its clear that managing AD flow is a priority for devs. Its a good priority to have too.

The thing is, if you think you are producing way too much rough AD and you could use the time/resources better then.....do that. You could focus on levelling professions while the spare rough autorefines; produce AH sellable items.......

That said, I'd expect that we will see ways of increasing AD refining if the devs think it would help. An obvious one would be increased caps as event rewards - Xmas is coming and they have just loaded us up with roughs ;) (Lots of ways to do it in a controlled manner.....give small increases, for that day, to all party members based on party kills within dungeons; reward a higher cap for log in/playtime achievements; etc)
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    FTR, I wasn't looking for a permanent cap raise. I was looking for it to be temporary - say for like a week following the event, to allow for at least a little bit extra refining per day. Point made, guys, there's no need to be snippy, up on your high horse, with an ever-present "I know better than you" attitudes. it was merely a request. Not looking to ruin your day, or make the game worse.