test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good place for a level 60 tr to farm these event bags?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Wanting to spend the next few days just farming these bags. Where's a good place with loads of mobs I could tear through? I been in the expansion area, but would i be better off with lower level mobs, or would the drop rate be less? Do tougher mobs have a higher drop rate? Anyone know? Thanks.

Grouping or solo is best?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    singletarget players are screwed
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sharandar???
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    sharandar???

Yeh, that's where I'm at so far.
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    singletarget players are screwed

I have my path of the blade lol. The occasional bloodbath.
    edited October 2013
    Anyone know if Waukeen's Golden Cloak has stats on it? Or just fluff?
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    My blitz is making mincemeat of all those powries and witherers.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Based on my time exploring and farming maps, mobs will aggro on a character if they're no more than six levels lower. For a lvl 60, the zones which thus aren't 'safe' are the bottom of Chasm (Mystic Grotto), second and third zones in Rothe Valley (Slaver Camp and tunnel/Village) all of Mt. Hotenow, Whispering Caverns and of course Sharandar. Since the Waukeen limitation is seven levels, that list can be expanded to the farm area of Rothe Valley (level 53 IIRC) and probably the Scrying Tower and adjacent zones of the Chasm.

My thoughts on the various zones. The Chasm areas that are likely to be affected are pretty far out which may make them less desirable. On the other hand that may cut down competition. Rothe Valley is probably the best as there are a lot of elite mobs in easy to get to places, but it's also always been a prime farming spot. Mt. Hotenow is probably a good choice, but it depends on how well you can tank or avoid damage - most of the things there don't have a ton of hit points but hit pretty hard. Best for fighters and rogues (who favor evasion powers over DPS) Whispering isn't bad, especially the Duergar area. The Drow part isn't bad but I'd avoid the Mind Flayers as being more trouble than they're worth. Sharandar will likely be packed, but it's pretty easy to farm.

As far as Rogues farming things, it's not at all hard. Shadow Strike and Smoke bomb go a long way in avoiding all damage. I also stack the deck with the threat reduction feats and a cleric companion loaded down with extra hit points. I was grinding in Mt. Hotenow when I was three or four levels to low for the zone and never had a problem. It doesn't matter how squishy you are when your enemies are dazed, unable to find you or concentrating on someone else.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm personally going to see what kind of drops happen doing tower runs from all the dark fey keys I've been managing to not find time to use. (Dependent if purses can drop from minions. I mean, lockboxes can now, right? So maybe event stuff can too.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    Anyone know if Waukeen's Golden Cloak has stats on it? Or just fluff?

LWHVIHF.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited October 2013
    I'm personally going to see what kind of drops happen doing tower runs from all the dark fey keys I've been managing to not find time to use. (Dependent if purses can drop from minions. I mean, lockboxes can now, right? So maybe event stuff can too.)
    That's a good point. Rothe Valley has a higher percentage of elite mobs than Hotenow does. Well patching is now complete so I can find out for myself.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    LWHVIHF.jpg
    Drat. Was hoping for something functional, adjusted to level.

I'm farming redcaps, btw. Area of Effect spells :)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    LWHVIHF.jpg

Well, at least it's a FREE change this time.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've had good luck w/ the large packs of Ashen Miners and Fire Archons on Mt. Hotenow. I could be wrong, but I think the enemies in Rothe Valley are 53+ as well... I'll probably try there next. I was doing pretty well going after the groups of Troll Runts in the Dark Fey Enclave, too. I don't know if it'd be worth it, but there are those large groups of brain-dog thingies in the Whispering Caverns too...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited October 2013
    So far it seems how tough the mobs are don't matter on drops. I could be wrong though. I haven't jotted down and made a graph etc. lol. Been too busy killing.
    edited October 2013
    Mystic Grotto area of the Chasm is 53, but I haven't gotten anything to drop on elite mobs or otherwise. Item drops are level 52 for the most part. That might play a part?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    Well, at least it's a FREE change this time.

Pity it's a neck item. Most of the neck items worth wearing haven't got a transmute option.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited October 2013
    Slaver Camp in Rothe is 53. I didn't get any purses there. Hotenow has dropped quite a few so far.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    scarlett library foundry is full of elite mobs and very tr friendly
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It doesn't drop from anything but minions, so there's no point in fighting stuff with a lot of HPs.
  • poinettepoinette Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did my dailies in Sharandar and then just roamed around killing whatever popped up. The bags are worth it. For the first time since I started playing I reached my daily astral Diamond refine limit. :)
  • kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome, will def. farm around Shara and ThatFireMountainName.

Although one question (It might just be personal preference)

Is it better to open every purse or trade 8 of these for the boxes? Which of the 2 is better for getting more AD quickly?.
  • augustus888augustus888 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got a pair of golden hoochie pants. They look terrible.
    edited October 2013
    kimonka wrote: »
    Awesome, will def. farm around Shara and ThatFireMountainName.

Although one question (It might just be personal preference)

Is it better to open every purse or trade 8 of these for the boxes? Which of the 2 is better for getting more AD quickly?.
    Opening the purses individually has a higher chance of getting AD because there are more chances to get it. However, if you get lucky with the trade in item, you could score a lot more AD. Or you could get something less useful. The safe option is to open the purses. How lucky do you feel?
    edited October 2013
    Oh, flamespikers do drop the purses, but I it's better to fight larger groups. Out of 24 bags gathered in an hour or so, only one came from the higher HP critters.

One of my chars got 2 bags from Quickling Den, another got six.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I got nothing in hotenow, but I am raking them in in the Foundry quest 'Easy Quest'.
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My sister and I have been playing in Sharandar for a couple of hours and not seen one drop. Is there a particular part of Sharandar where these might drop?
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A faction 60 TR got 100 purses from the Ashen Miners in Mount Hotenow.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if the bags don't drop if you're grouped. I ran Sharandar by myself and got 13 bags out of three miniquests. When I grouped with my friend we ran 6 quests and Celadane's tower and not one bag dropped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Patch notes seemed to imply that drop rate was lower in squad.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Had good drops in Sharandar: Quickly Den and War Machine quests.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!