test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20131009a.6

sroarksroark Member, NW_CrypticDev, Moderators, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
A full list of today's patch notes is available here.
Post edited by sroark on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Thanks, Sroark!
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    woah a new companion on shop xD 6 hour was for her ^^
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have to say, you make the patch notes more clear than it was in the past. Good job ^^
    signature-lili.png
  • morgawsealtmorgawsealt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6 hours seems a bit excessive for what seem, compared to other patches, fairly minor tweaks.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Remember, there is also a new event coming... They are probably doing further integration of server resources to help streamline connection speeds and queue times as well.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6 hours seems a bit excessive for what seem, compared to other patches, fairly minor tweaks.

Based on the CO and STO downtime notices, the length of the downtime has nothing to do with size of the patch, but with them doing other work on the servers (software upgrade on the servers). The NW community managers probably should have mentioned this as well, but for whatever reason didn't.
  • sebbztarsebbztar Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Prob releasing ranger <3
  • feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2013
    "Fixed issues where several enemies were able to use knock and push players who should be immune to knocks. "
    wonder if this will make all dragon bosses stop being a major annoyance for GWFs.
  • blessmann1blessmann1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Fixed issues where several enemies were able to use knock and push players who should be immune to knocks. "
    wonder if this will make all dragon bosses stop being a major annoyance for GWFs.

HAHA! Try to do Dracolich with GF!
  • jonddnjonddn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Queue in the annoying back seat chorus kids: ARE WE THERE YET???? (repeats forever... or till someone gets slaped)
    "Kobold smells all! Kobold Omnisniffient!" - Tuga? North Trail Wants You! - North! Always!
  • feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2013
    blessmann1 wrote: »
    HAHA! Try to do Dracolich with GF!
    you reminded me of this
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Game is up.
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2013

On the preview shard, the patch was just under 600MB to download, so yes, a 6 hour downtime is obviously not about the patch itself. But since the devs have not stated anything else, it is purely conjecture as to why they are taking such a long time with this patch. Along this line, I add my own conjectures:
    1) Since new server software was claimed to be used for the server merge, this is the first opportunity taken by the devs to make tweaks and adjustments to the live server engine.
    2) Based on the past problems with launching big events like they had with the Nightmare Lockbox increased horse drop, they could be taking the extra time to verify that all is working as intended on the live server and not just on the preview shard.
    3) A lot of bugs/exploits have been fixed in the past that never were listed in the patch notes for whatever reasons, so maybe some of those fixes are being done this time (and not listed), but require server reconfiguration to fix.

And yes, I'm bored waiting for the shard to go live again...
    :)
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love to see a patch note that says "You can find replacements now in any dungeon by inviting players, no matter where they are or getting in the lfg tool again, you will not have to restart the whole place again", and any option so the players invited just teleport to the dungeon..........hey its not bad to dream
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    GF block is most definitely not fixed. Just did a Karru where every wing buffet and every fireball was knocking me around regardless of Block facing the right direction or Villain's Menace.

I understand the small pushback we used to get even while blocking, but without any dodge it's ridiculous that we have no way of avoiding these knockbacks and EVERY other class does.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sroark wrote: »
    A full list of today's patch notes is available here.

* Gateway

* Posting auctions now properly only take a 10% cut instead of the 12% when posting remotely.

Not working still 12.5 % !!!!!!!! Check it !!!!!!!
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • winterdovawinterdova Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, im new to this game i want to try it out but my while im trying to patch the game the patching is getting stuck and i dont know what to do.. so pleas help me.:(
  • winterdovawinterdova Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pleas i need help, while im patching the game the patching gets stuck, i tried to reinstall it and nothing.
    Note:im new to this game.
    The program wont crash or something like that i can prees the cancel button
  • aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    winterdova wrote: »
    Pleas i need help, while im patching the game the patching gets stuck, i tried to reinstall it and nothing.
    Note:im new to this game.
    The program wont crash or something like that i can prees the cancel button

Have you tried just letting it run? Sometimes it can seem as if there's no progress but it could still be going.
  • mezzaholicmezzaholic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you be a bit less inconsiderate towards Central/Western Europeans. This is the 3rd patch that clashes with an afternoon or evening that I am free to play. Do you only care about American customers?
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2013
    mezzaholic wrote: »
    Could you be a bit less inconsiderate towards Central/Western Europeans. This is the 3rd patch that clashes with an afternoon or evening that I am free to play. Do you only care about American customers?

It's true that the weekly patches are on Thursday mornings in the USA but they do plenty of maintenance during the evening in the US, too. That said, the company is in the state of California and I think their patch hours may have more to do with the employee work day than my or your playing schedule.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hwlrmnky wrote: »
    That said, the company is in the state of California and I think their patch hours may have more to do with the employee work day than my or your playing schedule.

Bingo.

Evening maintenance (PST) is usually for emergencies.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ever since the patch I cannot get onto NW. The loader gets to the cryptic screen, fails, then asks for a bug report but closes instantly.
    I have verified files, reloaded the loader, and don every fix I can. Any suggestions?
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here on the Loader...crashes every time.

• garraakgarraak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i too am gettin that error
    edited October 2013
    Immediatly after typing this, I tried once again clicking play. Got it to work, might have something to do with the locally stored date ect, who knows. Try this open the game as u would normally, soon as that patch button pops up in that new load/patching screen, click that patch nutton, spam it really, make sure it cancels that auto-patch as i run it myself, then ur the 1 in control of it patching cuz assumed u clicked it in time, click patch. N now its communicating. Good to go GL
  • chr0nicsm0kerchr0nicsm0ker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thank you garraak strangely enough spamming the patch/cancel/play button worked and got me into the game
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes; same here on the patch/cancel/patch/play...

However; once logged off, I have to do this every time...

• dalyormoondowndalyormoondown Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep, thanks garaak, you have to spam the cancel button, very weird hehehe
    edited October 2013
    Haha, cool beans glad I was able to help, n u were able to decipher the heck i was talking about. Yea this is a wide problem as we speak, im sure they will fix it, n a emergency patch or whatnot, so we dun gtta do this every go :) Heck mebe 1 of u can post this solution in fewer words, and as a title people would be lookin for as a fix.
This discussion has been closed.