test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 10-17-13 5AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey adventurers!

We'll be performing an extended maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) at 5AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?).

Estimated downtime is 6 hours, and patch notes will be available here.

Thank you! :)

Update: (8:30 AM PDT) Adventurers, Maintenance is progressing as planned! We're still on schedule for a 11 AM PDT completion time. We will update you if there are any changes to the completion time.

Update: (11:00 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome Back to Neverwinter! Check out the Weekly Zen Market Sale, with special items up to 50% off! And don't forget about the Coins of Waukeen Event which is now live!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another extended maintenance? Is this a follow-up to the shard merger the other week, or is there more to this than just some Zen Store additions and bug fixes?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seconded. Will the players actually gain anything from this, or will it just be new mounts, gimmicks and nerfs as usually?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Another extended maintenance? Is this a follow-up to the shard merger the other week, or is there more to this than just some Zen Store additions and bug fixes?

Probably extended do to things related to the merger. Even a large patch like Feywild happened in the normal maintenance time period without being extended.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

I'd say that it is partly that and partly in preparation for the waukeen coin event (not sure what it is but it's on the calendar for the 18th).
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rojor wrote: »
    I'd say that it is partly that and partly in preparation for the waukeen coin event (not sure what it is but it's on the calendar for the 18th).

The other events didn't take extra downtime and it isn't anything major. It will be like the Tymora event but with the ability to trade up the coin purse for chests that contain more/better loot.

Here is the info from the merchant:
    http://imgur.com/a/neNot
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    6 hour :S hope on some seriuos fix on dungeon and skill ^^
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As per the STO forums:

Friendly reminder: Downtime ETAs are not based off the size of the patch, but off what maintenance needs to be completed. The reason for the extended maintenance time frame is due to an infrastructure upgrade.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

It's nice when the Dev's/CM tell you things.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The other events didn't take extra downtime and it isn't anything major. It will be like the Tymora event but with the ability to trade up the coin purse for chests that contain more/better loot.

Here is the info from the merchant:
    http://imgur.com/a/neNot

Neato! now all i have to do is summon up some patience and the will to grind again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    6 hours will be for nothing as usual, new zen items only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this.. No exploits fix like every time! FIX THE EXPLOITS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    throughwallthroughwall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited October 2013
    NEW CLASS INCOMIN' ... jk wont happen that soon
    Sunshine - Trickster Rogue
    Gladiator - Control Wizard
    Death - Great Weapon Fighter
    High Priestess - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering what is on the preview server, there will be a number of minor bugfixes (and personally I am disappointed to see that there are no fixes to the DC issues or to the achievement bugs), and the waukeen vendor/event....that's it. Nothing major this time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder what the stats on Waukeen's Golden Cloak are and if this item and the Golden Pantaloons are BoE or BoP.
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

Nothing new at this link, like last patch, there was a time when upcomoing changes and patch info was available pre patch , like it should be. Now it seems the patch notes are updated and made available AFTER the patch , why ?

This realy inspires confidence when no patch notes are available, its like they are not sure what is going to work or not, so wait to see what happens then, make patch notes to suit. Which i am sorry to say is the way thing seem these days everything as just got too unpredictable with this game, it seems like no body ever knows what is going to happen from day to day.

Some info or comunication would be nice some times, How do you expect people to spend on the game when they dont know what they are spending on, and what will happen in the game
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

Nothing new at this link, like last patch, there was a time when upcomoing changes and patch info was available pre patch , like it shopuld be. Now it seems the patch notes are updated and made available AFTER the patch , why ?

This realy inspires confidence when no patch notes are available, its like they are not sure what is going to work or not, so wait to see what happens then, make patch notes to suit. Which i am sorry to say is the way thing seem these days everything as just got too unpredictable with this game, it seems like no body ever knows what is going to happen from day to day.

Some info or comunication would be nice some times, How do you expect people to spend on the game when they dont know what they are spending on, and what will happen in the game
    . . . . . .Most of the time they wait until they start the patching process to ensure that they're able to list what they were able to add to the patch. It's been this way since launch and even often during Alpha and Beta. The patch hasn't even arrived yet, at the time of this post so it is not yet "after" the patch as you stated. Patience, the patch notes will come. You could browse the preview forum's patch notes to get an idea of what is in store for the future. The communication is there, check the Dev Tracker and the Preview Forums.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And where is the patch notes for this one...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    And where is the patch notes for this one...
    See my post above. Thanks!
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    See my post above. Thanks!

Good, thanks. Just need to translate it before the bed.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Zeb, our sisyphian moderator. Forever trying to teach patience to a hurricane :)
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    "The communication is there, check the Dev Tracker and the Preview Forums"

Have to disagree there , there is no communication, the notes you metion are for PREVIEW shard, which is a test shard and anything implemented there is purely for TEST only , thats what it is there for.

Most of the time in the past i remember there being a list of patch changes listed a few days in advance of a maintenance.
    What your saying is they shut the shards down, with a plan to make changes and implement items, fix's but dont have a list and dont know what they are going to do or were they are going to start. sorry it dont make sence.

The company will want the shard down for as little time as possible, each member of the team will have their time and jobs already allocated and planned out days before the maintenance, each member of the team will have already been working on their own parts of the patch long before the time for shutdown was announced. They will already have there schedules set out and know exactly what they are doing and be prepared for the shard shutdown to get to work on their part in the maintenance.

As to whether they have time to implement all the planned updates or not is a poor excuse, they have extended maintenance in the past nurmerous times, which the players base as no problems with, at least when patch notes are pre realesed the players know what is being worked on.

There should be patch notes available to the player base, prior to a patch, even if it only a hour before shutdown, that is COMMUNICATION. Sorry but this is the only game that works like this, most give out notes days before a maintanance but recently this game seems to implement things first , then see how they work and make tool tips and notes after they have seen the changes in action.

So what is the point of the preview shard and what is the point of the preview shard patch notes? next to nothing seems to actually get 'tested'. most things that do get a mention in the preview shard notes, never realy make it to live , or not as they are stated in the preview notes
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "The communication is there, check the Dev Tracker and the Preview Forums"

Have to disagree there , there is no communication, the notes you metion are for PREVIEW shard, which is a test shard and anything implemented there is purely for TEST only , thats what it is there for.

Most of the time in the past i remember there being a list of patch changes listed a few days in advance of a maintenance.
    What your saying is they shut the shards down, with a plan to make changes and implement items, fix's but dont have a list and dont know what they are going to do or were they are going to start. sorry it dont make sence.

The company will want the shard down for as little time as possible, each member of the team will have their time and jobs already allocated and planned out days before the maintenance, each member of the team will have already been working on their own parts of the patch long before the time for shutdown was announced. They will already have there schedules set out and know exactly what they are doing and be prepared for the shard shutdown to get to work on their part in the maintenance.

As to whether they have time to implement all the planned updates or not is a poor excuse, they have extended maintenance in the past nurmerous times, which the players base as no problems with, at least when patch notes are pre realesed the players know what is being worked on.

There should be patch notes available to the player base, prior to a patch, even if it only a hour before shutdown, that is COMMUNICATION. Sorry but this is the only game that works like this, most give out notes days before a maintanance but recently this game seems to implement things first , then see how they work and make tool tips and notes after they have seen the changes in action.

So what is the point of the preview shard and what is the point of the preview shard patch notes? next to nothing seems to actually get 'tested'. most things that do get a mention in the preview shard notes, never realy make it to live , or not as they are stated in the preview notes
    . . . . . I did not say the Preview Patch Notes are what is coming, I said to browse them for an idea of what is in store for the future. Furthermore, I do not ever recall any patch notes being posted days before a patch. Sometimes they were posted the day of or the night before, but not days before. Most of the time, they were posted during the patching process however. Did you even check out the Dev Tracker? For if you did, you'd see a steady stream of Developer replies to players on the forums and informational posts or threads by the Developers.

. . . . . As well, I am here now communicating things with you. Additionally, the reason for the lengthy down-time is mainly for "Infrastructure Upgrades" which affects STO and CO also, which are down as well for maintenance.
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . I did not say the Preview Patch Notes are what is coming, I said to browse them for an idea of what is in store for the future. Furthermore, I do not ever recall any patch notes being posted days before a patch. Sometimes they were posted the day of or the night before, but not days before. Most of the time, they were posted during the patching process however. Did you even check out the Dev Tracker? For if you did, you'd see a steady stream of Developer replies to players on the forums and informational posts or threads by the Developers.

I do recall that the patch notes(planned changes) were uploaded before or during maintenance. Not after. This uploading of patch notes after the patch itself seem to have started after the sharandar.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I do recall that the patch notes(planned changes) were uploaded before or during maintenance. Not after. This uploading of patch notes after the patch itself seem to have started after the sharandar.
    . . . . . The patch hasn't yet been pushed to the patching server. We'll have them up as soon as possible. In the mean-time, I'll do some pestering for ya'll. *the mage winks*
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . The patch hasn't yet been pushed to the patching server. We'll have them up as soon as possible. In the mean-time, I'll do some pestering for ya'll. *the mage winks*

Don't pester them too much, so that they mess something up. :) I am really excited for this event. Can't wait til the servers come back up, but can you please tell us the stats on that new gold cloak?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, fix the exploits, i second that! I do look forward to see new surprises they come out with after each maintenance though :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Here you all go, the patch notes before it's even posted to the forums! *the mage smiles*
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can't believe I have to say this, but... all the news appear on your game Launcher . Open the Launcher and see if there are patch notes. They're usually there just after the maintenance starts, even before anything is posted on the forum. Overall, it looks like a good solid patch with some nice improvements. At the end of the patch notes there's even a mention about known bugs, which is really nice imo.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Nothing new at this link, like last patch, there was a time when upcomoing changes and patch info was available pre patch , like it should be. Now it seems the patch notes are updated and made available AFTER the patch , why ?

if u look in dev tracker forums the patch notes stated they have beeen posted 2 days before .so correct me if i m wrong but that is earlier than patch right
  • Options
    maxnotikmaxnotik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What about timer of celestial coins?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    maxnotik wrote: »
    What about timer of celestial coins?
    As always, it continues counting normally.
  • Options
    starsk7starsk7 Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    so.... how long until we can play?