test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 10-17-13 5AM PDT

2»

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    starsk7 wrote: »
    so.... how long until we can play?
    . . . . . Maintenance is expected to be completed by 11:00am Pacific (in approximately 3 hours from this post's time-stamp). If it completes early or will take longer, we will update this thread as soon as possible!
  • starsk7starsk7 Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Maintenance is expected to be completed by 11:00am Pacific (in approximately 3 hours from this post's time-stamp). If it completes early or will take longer, we will update this thread as soon as possible!

aw bummer man, thanks for the quick reply though =) good to see.

As a side note, is there a place for "audience suggestions"? i just started playing and would love to see some improved stuff! (love the game so far).

Things like:
    Dyes should drop while leveling... everyone looks the same, hardly any variety isn't fun :(
    Dual Spec or PvE/PvP specs!
    Rerolling base ability scores (when i started i had no idea what was important)
    same other quality of life improvements
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

As a side note, is there a place for "audience suggestions"? i just started playing and would love to see some improved stuff! (love the game so far).

Things like:
    Dyes should drop while leveling... everyone looks the same, hardly any variety isn't fun :(
    . . . . . Most welcome! Please browse this General Forum and the Gameplay, Combat, and PvP forum as well as the other forums for existing threads on any topics you wish to give feedback in. If you cannot find one, feel free to make a new thread to give your feedback and if necessary, a Moderator will move it to the proper place or merge it with an existing thread.
  • dwightmccarthy80dwightmccarthy80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey adventurers!

We'll be performing an extended maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) at 5AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?).

Estimated downtime is 6 hours, and patch notes will be available here.

Thank you! :)

Link: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/390861006500397057
    Twitter wrote:
    Update: (8:30 am) PDT Maintenance is progressing as planned! We're still on schedule for a 11 AM PDT completion time. Check out the patch notes if you haven't seen them yet: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1006841
  • omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Launcher letting us Patch now...
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • saolilsaolil Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Things like:

This ^^ Dual classing would be awesome. :)
    edited October 2013
    omgudied2 wrote: »
    Indeed! /10char
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    saolil wrote: »
    This ^^ Dual classing would be awesome. :)

Kinda offtopic but nah imagine a Perma Stealth TR/CW XD, cant w8 to get home and sink into the new event have fun ppl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Patched and now waiting for the server to be available :)

Can't wait to try the event
    GM of Order of the Raven
    edited October 2013
    meangean88 wrote: »
    Patched and now waiting for the server to be available :)

Can't wait to try the event
    Awesome! I just completed patching as well. I am pretty excited also!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    OMG, I want that new outfit that's in the Zen store! Must get some more Zen quick! Sorry, just excited. Patching now too. Can't wait for server to be up so I can see how much Zen I'm going to need to make my TR look like a fairy!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    omgudied2 wrote: »

thanks, now i can go watch tv, maybe fast sleep for 2 hours. and then play for a week
    edited October 2013
    The new Sprite Companion is so funny!

kreatyve wrote: »
    OMG, I want that new outfit that's in the Zen store! Must get some more Zen quick! Sorry, just excited. Patching now too. Can't wait for server to be up so I can see how much Zen I'm going to need to make my TR look like a fairy!
    *the mage chuckles madly*
  • enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... so the coin event starts an hour before the server is up?
    edited October 2013
    enzodod wrote: »
    So that means once the server is up, you're good to go!
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Yes. You just wont have access to it. :D
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can usually log in at least 1/2 an hour before posted patch end time. I assume the posted times are a maximum period.

I have never encountered a patch getting so close to its actual posted time before and this was a 6 hour patch.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I'm checking it every minute now. It should be up soon (I hope!) And yeah, the video for the Sprite teases us with a Ranger class. I can't wait for a ranger class! I have a character slot reserved for it (though yesterday I made another DC just to gather AD on until ranger class comes out). :-D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited October 2013
    Servers up!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited October 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Can usually log in at least 1/2 an hour before posted patch end time. I assume the posted times are a maximum period.

I have never encountered a patch getting so close to its actual posted time before and this was a 6 hour patch.
    As stated, this was more than a patch. It was also an "Infrastructure Upgrade" which affected all three Cryptic Games.
  • enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    Is the event a week long (as stated here http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1000891) or just 3d+..hours as stated in the in game timer?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is the event a week long (as stated here http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1000891) or just 3d+..hours as stated in the in game timer?

The calendar said 4 days and the timer says 4 days. I trust that over the article.