test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Event: Summer Festival

13»

Comments

• ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I was left with many petals and Favor tokens, couldn't log earlier today to exchange them. Could you please make the merchants return to Protector's Enclave for a couple days?
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was left with many petals and Favor tokens, couldn't log earlier today to exchange them. Could you please make the merchants return to Protector's Enclave for a couple days?

You already can...
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd just like to be able to get rid of the stupid things. 2 Flowers and 4 petals and stuff like that.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • thunderquntthunderqunt Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone been able to confirm how long the vendor will be around in Protectors?

I have a fair few 'flowers for everyone!'. I am not sure if I should put them on the AH or exchange them for something from the shop :/
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone been able to confirm how long the vendor will be around in Protectors?

I have a fair few 'flowers for everyone!'. I am not sure if I should put them on the AH or exchange them for something from the shop :/
    I can't confirm it, but based on previous events, I don't think they'll be around for any more than two weeks.
    contents to be decided
  • copetexcopetex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    where exchange or buy things, with petals and flowers that were me?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The vendor is on the path (stairs) up to Sergeant Knox. If you're coming from the bottom of the stairs itll be the right stairs closer to the mount vendor. Not the one farrrr right by the gate. But the one leading up from the mount vendor.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • olaflarryolaflarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has the vendor "left the building"? I can`t see him anymore....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Removed in yesterday's patch, I reckon.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • durutti13durutti13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Without notice.. Nice. Some thousands of petals and flowers wasted. And favours still say available for 500 or more hours. To do what really??
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why on earth were you keeping the currency for more than a week after the event ended? That vendor wasn't going to stick around indefinitely.

Bear in mind that the 5-week expiry date on the favours had to take into account that the actual event ran for 3 weeks, and they wouldn't want any of them to start disappearing while the event was still running.

Petals, at least you can save until next year.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What are you most excited about? Let us know!

I'm most excited about winning a Sunite Priestess companion! Thanks so much!

Great surprise
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why? Why did you bump up LAST YEARS thread?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let this thread die.... last year's event was great,,,, don't confuse things with posts about this year's fiasco.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Really not much bad to say about this event.

Besides the bad loot drop rates (all I got was few free bound Pinjatas from wins), the whole Sunite fashion set could have been profession created, instead of one piece coming from shop. Also the mounts should have been Bind on Equip, as the market still wouldn't have been too flooded with them, when everyone can purchase just one per character and same goes with the companions, only few would been on sale after a while.

The profession could have been available week after like the merchants, so we would have been able to craft the reminder of our resources and there should have been all of the weapons in the walls. Also I personally would have loved to see that nice looking Flower Flail to be the GWF weapon, so I could have been "Spreading the Love" by hammering my foes with Flower Flail, but sadly no.

Battle of Water was the funniest event in the whole festival, so why wasn't there accomplishment for it? Also I would have liked to see flower drop from each hit, as you really couldn't kill your enemies for pouch drops.

Troll Hammering was the usual kill enemies before boss, not bad and not that special either. Spawn rate could have been somewhat faster.

Pig and Chicken Hunt & Farming was at the beginning fun for some time, but this one became boring fastest and thus 5 minutes would have been much more appropriate time for farming and perhaps 10 minutes time for the other events (or Farming 5, Trolls 10, Waterbattle 15 for 2 of each event in hour).

The 5 minutes cooling time was the most annoying thing, as it basically forced to go do something in the middle (Dragon hunting) and just too often you came back to see the next event been over and see another cooldown. Could you please next year put next event to start immediately when previous one ends.

Other than that, I found the event quite nice if not that rewarding and for change there was enough time too. Rewards wasn't really for me, as the drop rates were so bad and nearly everything worth anything bought was BoP.

Not really about the event, but could you please make the cooldowns between dragon encounters for 10 minutes, so there wouldn't be that much of the boring waiting. This shouldn't affect too much the farming times, as even now the best farmers seem to be just in time every time dragon is up, minimizing their waiting (probably some external program counting dragon times) and thus it only frustrates those who try to get their campaign tokens.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    On the cooldown timers:
    For the Summer Festival, you do have to have some gap between events so people can get from one to the other. The Waterfight and the Troll Hunt were in the same area so no travel required, but the Farming event was on the other side of the map. Even with the fastest mount you would wind up missing the start of the next event.

For the Dragon HEs:
    I will agree that 20 minutes seems too long, but 10 would be too short. You do need to leave some time between the dragons so people can complete the zone quest in the area, since the dragons land where the quests take place. I would like to see a hard cap of 15 players in the dragon instances. Far too many of the fights where there were so many players, the dragon would be dead before I could even get a full rotation in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]