test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible bug with Path of the Blade-skill

spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
I tried searching for this issue but didn't get any results. So as most of the tr community know path of the blade can't crit which is why it's mostly skipped when selecting powers. Though I'd like to know, is it really intended it can't crit? And I wonder this because cw's sudden storm couldn't crit before but it was fixed so it can crit. So is there a same bug with path of the blade or is it meant to be this way?
Post edited by spicen on

Comments

• bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    I don't really have any idea or heard from anyone if it was intended or not. But if it should be critting...Man, those people crying for nerf to our class will go suicide for sure. lol
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It doesn't crit and I will doubt they will fix it.
  • xkazuyaixxkazuyaix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think I just saw a crit on it earlier in a pvp game. Or maybe it was just me, but I am 95% sure I did see it.
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    xkazuyaix wrote: »
    I think I just saw a crit on it earlier in a pvp game. Or maybe it was just me, but I am 95% sure I did see it.

It was just you. It can't crit. We've yet to know if working as intended.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    twinkje wrote: »
    It was just you. It can't crit. We've yet to know if working as intended.

Indeed. I hope it's like sudden storm was for cws and it's intended to have possibility to crit.
    edited September 2013
    Oops, accidental double post.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One of the devs told us a while back that several AoE powers (like DCs' Flamestrike, some CW things) were having issues and couldn't crit. Possibly Path of the Blade is another AoE power that incorrectly can't.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    It is intended to Crit, I will have this looked into.
    edited September 2013
    Yay! Awesome, thanks panderus! :)
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited September 2013
    Path of the Blade is also improperly dealing too little combat advantage damage. It only gets the base damage bonus and ignores the bonus damage you should get from your CHA bonus.

Please also look at this other bug report: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?491931-Path-of-the-Blade-not-receiving-CA-damage-bonus-from-CHA

Thanks
    garret_fi.png
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I should also mention that Path of the Blades doesn't seem to proc weapon enchantments as well. It would be great if it did. Once we see a Path of the Blades that is able to crit and proc weapon enchants, I'm pretty sure a whole lot of TR's might consider putting it in their primary skill setup for both PVP and PVE.
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
    I suppose a fix is always a good thing, although it sure does feel like the attention given to TRs is completely the opposite of what Clerics have come to expect.

However, we can hope that whenever this fix goes live, it will be accompanied by a balanced package of fixes.

I literally laughed out loud when typing that last sentence.
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
    edited September 2013
    sirgleno wrote: »
    I suppose a fix is always a good thing, although it sure does feel like the attention given to TRs is completely the opposite of what Clerics have come to expect.

However, we can hope that whenever this fix goes live, it will be accompanied by a balanced package of fixes.

This comes down to one thing. TR community is rather active on the forums. I'm lvling a cleric myself and I've heard all the trouble dcs have. But without reporting those bugs they aren't getting fixed. For example path of the blade haven't crit from the beginning when i started to play and i started in may. Most trs have just expected it was intended not to crit. Even if you're not sure if some ability is bugged, you should report it still. Which is the case here.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep in mind though, that this power is already on the verge of OP status. If it is fixed and left as is, the rest of the community will rage hard. Right now, in PvP we can stand and hold on a pad and if executed properly kill any amount of a 5 man team over and over again with little threat to us.

Yes I know tenebrous plays a part in that, but something will have to give for sure - so dont expect the fix without a nerf somewhere.
    edited September 2013
    Keep in mind though, that this power is already on the verge of OP status. If it is fixed and left as is, the rest of the community will rage hard. Right now, in PvP we can stand and hold on a pad and if executed properly kill any amount of a 5 man team over and over again with little threat to us.

Yes I know tenebrous plays a part in that, but something will have to give for sure - so dont expect the fix without a nerf somewhere.

It wouldn't be OP, the enchants and top tier gear make players op, not the abilities themselves. Have you tried being OP with only green gear equipped? Only one ability so far has been OP for trs and it was nerfed to a reasonable place with feywild. Yes, I'm talking about Lurkers Assault.
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    Only one ability so far has been OP for trs and it was nerfed to a reasonable place with feywild. Yes, I'm talking about Lurkers Assault.

;) Well I am agreeing when it comes to exploited gear and enchants, but not one op ability. Lets not forget ability to one shot anyone with shocking execution as well as others could be debated.

Of course it still boggle my mind that Ice knife was/is almost as strong as SE and nothing has been done.....
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited September 2013

If they need to adjust it to balance it they should adjust it properly by changing the damage modifier. It should still crit and deal the correct amount of bonus damage.

Ironically being broken the way it is now makes it more powerful in some ways. If PotB is one of your primary attacks, you can take advantage of the broken mechanics by gimping your crit, CA damage, and spec in ways that favor other stats, yet still do just as much damage with PotB as someone who stacks crit etc.. This makes you more powerful in respect to them, because their damage is improperly being decreased by a lot more than yours is.

On another note, I haven't done the testing myself, but based on preliminary results from a friend of mine who tested it, it seems like PotB may also currently receive no benefit from the Nimble Blade feat.
    garret_fi.png
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tenebrous definitely works with path of blade. Right now TR's with tenes, long stealth, and path of blades are gods. Was looking into a path of blades build myself.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can you guys put the same amount of effort into other classes than the TR?

DC - not fixed

GWF - already working on permanent fix for Unstoppable

GF - not fixed

CW - not fixed

TR - not fixed but working on fix for Stealth bug and Path of Blades

Just a suggestion.

Made some corrections. Try making threads for the classes like this thread, the Unstoppable thread, and the Stealth thread. There is no reason to try to single out TRs when someone just has to read the other threads to see they are working issue brought to their attention.
    sirgleno wrote: »

You must of missed or ignored the threads dealing with the GWF Unstoppable bug. Be more vocal about the issues with your class and make similar threads instead of making posts claiming TRs get more attention.

Suggestion: Make your own thread detailing the bugs found in your class in detail, provide as much information as you can, and have other players who play your class provide information instead of attempting to thread steel or making a post saying TRs get more attention.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    ;) Well I am agreeing when it comes to exploited gear and enchants, but not one op ability. Lets not forget ability to one shot anyone with shocking execution as well as others could be debated.

Of course it still boggle my mind that Ice knife was/is almost as strong as SE and nothing has been done.....

Shocking Execution has already been nerfed. Ice Knife was and is still stronger than SE because it does not have the limitation found in Shocking Execution. Shocking Execution requires the opponent to be hurt first for it to do any real damage if it is done on a player who is properly geared. It is a player's own fault if they are one shot killed because they have blue/green gear. Also, lets not forget the powers/abilities in the other classes that can be considered OP with the right gear. Shocking Execution and Lurker's Assault were nerfed for 60% severally hurting a squishy class that is suppose to do heavy burst damage while being squishy. Anyways, enough with thread stealing please and back on topic on topic of the thread please which is a bug in Path of Blades not bugs in other classes or how op the ability/power can be or how op gear can make an ability/power.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited October 2013
    Any news on this? Didn't see anything in todays patch notes for preview shard.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They've only had this one to work on for a week. Give it time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2013
    Give it time. Panderus is reliable about pushing for the bug fixes.

edited October 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Give it time. Panderus is reliable about pushing for the bug fixes.

Yeah, I know. I'm just anxious because I love the skill. :)
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    This will probably not see a fix very soon sadly.

Allowing it to crit properly will also allow it to trigger feats and enchantments. While this is the correct and expected behavior a more comprehensive evaluation on rogue damage would be more appropriate in this case or at least tone down the overall damage of the power to compensate for the other effects.

It is being tracked though. Thank you for your patience.
    edited October 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    This will probably not see a fix very soon sadly.

Allowing it to crit properly will also allow it to trigger feats and enchantments. While this is the correct and expected behavior a more comprehensive evaluation on rogue damage would be more appropriate in this case or at least tone down the overall damage of the power to compensate for the other effects.

It is being tracked though. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the update. I kinda expected this. Though this leaves me wondering, if this ability is able to crit, will the every single small hit have their own chance to crit or if it crits when the ability is used, will every hit be crit. I'm comparing them to clerics daunting light and searing light. If I remember correctly while daunting crits, every target it his receives critical hit. And with searing light every target have their own calculation when hit, so one might see few crits and few normal hits. If you guys make it like searing light is, I doubt you have to tune down the damage(atleast not by a large margin.) On the other hand, if you make it like daunting light then the damage needs to be tuned down big time because it would be probably even 2xlashing blades critical hit which is our hardest hitting ability.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While were on the topic of PoB does anyone know the damage calculation formula? does it benefit more from power or Armor pen? trying to tweek my build and I'm not sure what I'd prefer

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    POTB currently is not affected by deflect and I'm not even sure if it's affected by DR atm, haven't really tested but I'm pretty sure it doesn't get deflected. It also goes through GWF's unstoppable afaik. And assuming I'm correct, I'd say it'd benefit more from power than arpen since it doesn't get affected by much. Don't quote me on this though, it's just from experience.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks man, I'm trying to find the exact form I.E Power - 21* W/e the hell it could be :D

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited November 2013
    Any updates on this? Still waiting for it to be fixed.