test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The in game titles are completely worthless!

neskolfneskolf Member Posts: 97
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Having pre-emptively conceded that point, what (if any) of the in game titles do you enjoy earning? I haven't gone through all of the PVE yet. But from what I have done, I enjoy getting the Protector of the Living title after Neverdeath. It fits in beautifully with my conception of the GF. In a similar vein, I'm really looking forward to obatining and Immovable Object. And, just for kicks, I like getting the Ogre Slayer title. Sure, you got your orc slayer or bandit slayer, but were you obsessive enough to stick around and kill ogres? No? Patzer. :)

So, are there any other titles along the path that anyone looks forward to?
Post edited by neskolf on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    black hearted is a great title to have. also the promo key titles are cool to hunt for and get... a little out-game action for ya.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Including "disclaimers" does not insulate one from Rules of Conduct. Please be mindful of what you post.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I remember doing the first Gauntlgym test ages ago on the preview shard and we was 'promised' the 'Critical hit' title for taking part.

I took part in all the parts PVE, PVP, on my wizard then killed the Crypt King, even still have the loot from the king in my bag on the preview shard !! Never got the title, :( Did the test again the folowing week, again did all and still no title, i made a post and was told it would be available the next patch, patch came and went still no title.

I dont bother now taking part in 'special' test and events which 'promise' things, most of the time you never get them

I think best title i have got is on my rogue. 'Caturday survivor' all for surviving the roll backs during the exploits in open beta, lol, i lost 15 lvls during that too
  • Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Still having "Caturday Survivor" active, as long theres no better one / kinda unique one.

Titles I'd like for my main (Cleric) are Paingiver, Bloodthirsty or The Living Dead, since a few people told me, theyve never had a cleric on killing spree in dungeons, second place (been just lucky and last hitted alot).
    But Paingiver is unreachable, as long theres only the healing hybrid paragon path, Blodthirsty will take a long time I guess...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can grind out any of the PvE-instance titles on any character by soloing Cloak Tower enough times. It's just going to be boring.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The standard ones:

Executioner
    Paingiver
    Dungeon Delver
    Skirmisher
    Master of Monsters
    Headhunter
    Bloodthirsty
    Helping Hand
    Field Medic

But not this, special title:

Eye Chirurgeon (killing hidden boss of normal Spellplague)

Nor this big title:

Moonstar Agent (being a Foundry god. Get a special augment-class pet too)

Note. For some reason there are a lot of "negative" PvP titles, which you do not see in the rest of the game. It can be considered quite annoying since that is probably the only actually competitive part of this game...

Also, there are quite a few bugged titles, notably the epic version of the Dungeon Delver title (Dungeon Master) and Besieger title from Castle Never, which means they are impossible to get.
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Master Scryer is the only title I went out of my way to get.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You can grind out any of the PvE-instance titles on any character by soloing Cloak Tower enough times. It's just going to be boring.

Really? I figured there might be a title for completing each section like Ebon Downs, etc. You'd still have to work for those, right?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh yeah, the zone-specific ones, you have to actually complete the zones. By instances, I mean skirmishes and dungeons.

If you really want to get the one for most-damage-dealt-in-x-dungeons on a DC, that's how to do it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    nallif wrote: »
    Master Scryer is the only title I went out of my way to get.

How long did it take you to get that? The only scrying titles I managed were in in PE and Blacklake. That's right. I'm too weaksauce to even find all the scrying in the Tower. :mad:

And thanks for the clarification, becky. I figure I'll work around to the instance titles at some point. I was wondering if other titles like slayers and zone titles were things folks were an actual achievement.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    neskolf wrote: »
    How long did it take you to get that? The only scrying titles I managed were in in PE and Blacklake. That's right. I'm too weaksauce to even find all the scrying in the Tower. :mad:

Allow me to help you here... I got it in one day after a date with my best friend Google :)... here you go

http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Scrying_Stone
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    I remember doing the first Gauntlgym test ages ago on the preview shard and we was 'promised' the 'Critical hit' title for taking part.

You should have been e-mailed a code for it. The title wasn't automatically applied to accounts that took part in the event.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    gexenn wrote: »
    Allow me to help you here... I got it in one day after a date with my best friend Google :)... here you go

http://neverwinter.wikia.com/wiki/Scrying_Stone

Son of a....I mean, thanks. :)
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Master Scryer" is the funnest title to get.....if ya don't peek in the back of the book to find them. Lots of fun climbing involved!!

I like my current title "Iliyanbruen Ally". I earned it by not exploiting Sharandar and MC.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My TR: "Critical Hit" - what I want: "Executioner"
    My GF: "Protector of the Living" - that's all I want....
    My DC: "Mimic Tamer" is the best for now ... and yeah, I am soloing Cloak Tower 50 times (39 done, 11 to go) for some of those titles that are virtually impossible for a DC to get any other way.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    There are some neat PvE titles out there that I like, such as Master of Monsters, Master Scryer, and Skirmisher that actually require some effort to obtain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Master of Polyhedrons is my favorite title.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Immovable Object has been synonymous with the name of LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) since I earned it in July...

That was a metric ton of time spent standing in Red Circles, let me tell you! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just had a thought. Now that FC is fixed against exploiters, I can probably FINALLY manage to get the title for slaying ghosties as Dwarf King is the ONLY PLACE IN THE GAME to get that. Granted, I'm a luskan so I kind of have to wait for them to fix delzoun's side to stand a better chance XD. Oh well.

If there's another, please fill me in.

Otherwise I just like running around with the Critical Hit title or Master Scryer. I'll probably lord around the Icespire peak one if they ever get that fixed just 'cuz.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    neskolf wrote: »
    Sure, you got your orc slayer or bandit slayer, but were you obsessive enough to stick around and kill ogres? No? Patzer. :)

Isn't the Feywild filled with Ogres and Trolls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Here's an interesting one:

Dragon Slayer - get the killing blow on 50 Dragons!

You'd think it would be trivial with people spamming CN and MC, but unless you're a GF doing Mad Dragon daily, it's harder than you think! :)

And I enjoyed earning my

Sage achievement - collect 250 pieces of Lore.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    None of the slayer titles requiring getting the killing blow, just being part of the killing of the creature in question, in this case, a dragon. The Wyrmlings in Karrundax count (of which you kill 8 per epic karru, +1 for karru himself), thus this title is far easier to achieve than you would think.

my GF (my second character) has Skirmisher title (along with every PVE zone title) as I went out of my way to do all the pve content. it's harder than you think to not out level them all.

My TR has every slayer title including Lizardfolk (not hard, just not normally achieved) and Shadow Slayer, which I doubt many people have as there's not many of them in the game, just a handful in a few zones.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    None of the slayer titles requiring getting the killing blow, just being part of the killing of the creature in question, in this case, a dragon. The Wyrmlings in Karrundax count (of which you kill 8 per epic karru, +1 for karru himself), thus this title is far easier to achieve than you would think.

Then something is strange. I have been doing Castle Never multiple times daily on my CW since beta (i.e. for months) and yet I still do not have my Dragon Slayer III. This is impossible since it only takes a couple of weeks of even just 3 CN's daily to hit the limit.

So, either some Dragons, e.g. "dracoliths" (?), do not count or something recently changed... I guess I'll have to do one more CN to find out, lol! In meantime, I'll just spam some Karru runs, I think. Thanks.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A list of all titles can be found here.

I personally love running really lame titles in PVP, so if I come up against a player who doesn't know me, he's probably thinking, "Helping Hand? This guy must suck!" Apprentice Tailor, Arrowed, and Hero of Blacklake are few others I employ.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    doublegibsdoublegibs Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Wandering Monster" all day everyday.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wish they had titles (and rewards such as mounts) for special achievements. Like kill a certain boss a specific harder way (not enough game mechanics for this to happen yet...). These titles would be much more rare and give something additional to do for lvl 60 players that can take it.
    All other titles are just common, and most will just happen to you as you play, without any additional effort.
    fondlez wrote: »
    Here's an interesting one:

Dragon Slayer - get the killing blow on 50 Dragons!

You'd think it would be trivial with people spamming CN and MC, but unless you're a GF doing Mad Dragon daily, it's harder than you think! :)

And I enjoyed earning my

Sage achievement - collect 250 pieces of Lore.
    You can get the dragon slayer title in Karru very easy.

(don't hate on me cause I told :P)
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    double post
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looks like this list is missing all the PVP titles...either that or I am blind.

Currently my favorite may be "Natural 20" or "Mimic Tamer"
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm using Squad Leader atm.
    Pretty rare title, haven't seen anyone else with it.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)