test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The in game titles are completely worthless!

2»

Comments

• yaminaboyaminabo Member, Banned Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Inquisitor tittle is not even working and killed blasphemer like 100 times now.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yaminabo wrote: »
    Inquisitor tittle is not even working and killed blasphemer like 100 times now.
    Do you mean it as "I have 100 confirmed kills, but no achivement/title" or "It feels like I've killed him 100 times, and no achivement"
    Because, if it is the latter, it's since you need to get over the dmg threshold for the kill to count. (Makes it almost impossible for a DC to do it.. as we lack working ArP, and Daunting Lights/Divine Glow spam is only way to do enough dmg.. and people loves when we can't give them a circle..)
    Wizard.jpg
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you mean it as "I have 100 confirmed kills, but no achivement/title" or "It feels like I've killed him 100 times, and no achivement"
    Because, if it is the latter, it's since you need to get over the dmg threshold for the kill to count. (Makes it almost impossible for a DC to do it.. as we lack working ArP, and Daunting Lights/Divine Glow spam is only way to do enough dmg.. and people loves when we can't give them a circle..)

For me it is "I have killed him more than 100 times, and have the achievement, but it didn't give me the title".
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    For me it is "I have killed him more than 100 times, and have the achievement, but it didn't give me the title".
    I'd recommend you to submit a bug report then if you haven't done it already. Pity it's bugged as my DC wants that title.
    Wizard.jpg
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd recommend you to submit a bug report then if you haven't done it already. Pity it's bugged as my DC wants that title.

Did that months ago. Though I do have renewed hope that it might get fixed.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A list of all titles can be found here.

I personally love running really lame titles in PVP, so if I come up against a player who doesn't know me, he's probably thinking, "Helping Hand? This guy must suck!" Apprentice Tailor, Arrowed, and Hero of Blacklake are few others I employ.

Haha, I've thought about doing that too, except that I don't PvP much so I really *do* suck compared to the people who do it all the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2013
    "The Living Dead" title amuses me, and is actually really easy to achieve without dying, provided you're doing content where nobody dies. My character that has it got it from grinding the Blacklake skirmish.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i was actually trying to get the ebon downs idris "black hearted" title last night and we finished the dungeon but no title. i don't know if i missed out on it because i didn't do it when i was that level.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i was actually trying to get the ebon downs idris "black hearted" title last night and we finished the dungeon but no title. i don't know if i missed out on it because i didn't do it when i was that level.

Did you enter the dungeon while you had that Throne of Idris quest? I can't remember for sure but I think you may need to complete that quest.
    edited September 2013
    no... i couldn't find the NPC that offers the quest. but i got a quest once i entered the dungeon... it just went bye bye afterwards.

* the wiki article says the quest is bugged and can not be completed... so. there ya go.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    no... i couldn't find the NPC that offers the quest. but i got a quest once i entered the dungeon... it just went bye bye afterwards.

* the wiki article says the quest is bugged and can not be completed... so. there ya go.

I have the title on my gf, so not sure when or of it is bugged
    edited September 2013
    yeah someone in my guild has it and i am envious!
    edited September 2013
    That's an odd one, because it was confirmed broken, but supposedly fixed many patches ago and even retroactively awarded to everyone who should have earned it at the time.

Report it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wasn't broken at or around end of open beta when i earned it on my gf. So if it was bugged it was either during open beta and been fixed for 3 months or broken after "live" release.
    edited September 2013
    It was bugged at some point after some people had already earned it, as the person I recall talking about how she didn't get it mentioned that she had seen other people with it. Precise timelines, I dinnae remember.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have Black Hearted on my GF and I hit 60 on her on July 15 after continuous daily levelling. But this thread talking about bugged achievement has problem posts on 2nd and 14 July (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?382521-Bugged-Title-Achievement).

So, I guess it either only bugged for some or you're missing something...

As an aside, it is a shame Achievements do not show exactly when they were earned (love both a date and time).