test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding

Comments

• raffy808raffy808 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah i have the same issue... i log in perfect and everything but once im in server is not responding and i can't even speak in guild chat... it says chat is offline... anyway on how to fix this issue?
  • atranyxatranyx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here.

Dragon.
  • eeifhebafeeifhebaf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I keep getting the same timer for server disconnect. Also on dragon
  • azrenegadeazrenegade Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I seem to have the disconnect trouble in dungeons and instances where I am either alone or in a 5 man group.

And when I log back in to the game I am not where I was when the server stopped responding. I get dropped at the very start of each instance every time, even if I was at the last boss, I have to run the entire length AGAIN of the instance to the end.
  • protokorprotokor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I seem to be stuck on updating launcher box and it eventually times out. tried running as admin, flushed my dns, downloaded new .exe, even unistalled but now after installing its stuck :( sucks when its fixed im going to have to update the entire game but meh what can u do.

*started up now and am patching, fingers crossed
    *works fine :)
  • ballongbengtballongbengt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got the same problem atm, any way to fix it?
  • chrisdix89chrisdix89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please fix this ASAP.

I'm actually loving the game so far but this is making it completely unplayable
  • johngalt2010johngalt2010 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem on Dragon, which seems to be mostly related to playing during USA prime time hours. While I haven't tested the other servers (I guess I should), it would be rude to suggest that the server for Dragon is actually a Rasperry Pi doing double duty as a media server for one of the devs, so I won't.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been unable to log in past Character Selection all day. The game either times out and kicks me back to login, or, if it does log me in, does not do a complete login, and I can do nothing with the character. Seems Protectors Enclave is the main problem area for this, though to a lesser degree all areas suffer.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • avucheepanavucheepan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem and in dragon..
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They definitely hosed their launcher (and game) for quite a few people. For me, and others, it goes so far as to kill our actual internet connection. Chokes the modem and everything. The modem recovers after a couple minutes, but I can see in my task bar (I play windowed) that the internet connection gets the yellow triangle and says my modem is not responding. Funny, it doesn't do this when I do not run the launcher or game. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure if I'm having the exact same problem, but it is some sort of connection issues with the game.

Few days now I can launch the game and load character select screen (slightly slow) and get in game, then get unplayable lag with server not responding timer constantly popping up. I can look to the left in my room as soon as I experience the lag, and see my devolo wireless extender change from green "good" connection, to orange "struggling" connection. The game completely hogs the connection at this point, and all other systems and videos or whatever slow to a snails pace. And huge chat delays in game, receiving and sending. On the other hand when it doesn't seem to be server problems everything runs perfectly smooth.

Edit: woops just read last post, should have read more, seems like I do have the same thing.
  • number705number705 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure I'm getting the same or suffering from a similar problem. I can run the launcher but when I try to log in, the launcher kinda just sits there and does nothing. I know it isn't frozen since I can still input stuff and interact with the launcher nor is it me typing the wrong password as punching in a wrong password gets me a response. Anyone know what's up that?
    edited July 2013
    I want to play the ****ing game please, fix this ****, 3 days of unplayable connection hogging game
  • andhreinandhrein Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it's impossible to even load the protector enclave...it's like playing a slideshow... 30minutes to login sucessfull and been kicked from "server not responding" .
  • chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    9:00 pm pst, are servers down? All I get from the launcher is Loading. Please wait.
  • jewel07jewel07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    for 24 hours, I have the same issues :( can't do an instance as I just keep on dying because of lags...

What is a bit weird is that I did play all day on preview server and no issues at all !

Please guys, do something about it !!!

TriPack on Mindflayer
    edited July 2013
    update : trying to log in at peak (pvp bonus into DD), instant server not responding, cuts my internet. thank you for support cryptic
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All i want to do is play and farm this special event :(
  • euphalericeuphaleric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having the same problem. Worked last night for a couple hours, since then I can't even login properly.
  • theloonie1theloonie1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having the problem also it goes to login screen then when i try to log it says connecting to account server then after abit it goes back to login screen and that just keeps happening is the game down or what ?
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is absurd Cryptic. At least ****ing respond to the LARGE number of people posting they can't even ****ing play. I'm at the end of my rope about this, definitely not going to get to play for this event and I know they won't compensate us for **** for it. ABSURD. Considering filing a fraud claim here, since they refuse to respond to this ANYWHERE.
  • thatoneguy258thatoneguy258 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Today i'm having often lag/rubberbanding. Got server-not-responding for 30s before I disconnected. Did you ever get a response vierzweinull? Anyone for that matter.
  • angelowww21angelowww21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm also having trouble with this game. At the first few hours I was starting to love the game. But then I also got the same problem. The "server not responding" wtf! Never get to enjoy this game. Every minute it pops out then after 30 secs I get disconnected. It sucks
  • macwmacw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Exactly the same problem here.

My first day playing, and an hour in to I can no longer play.
  • zacharyscottzacharyscott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im having the same problem, i even uninstall and reinstated the game to try and fix it. i can play for around 10 solid minutes and then out of nowhere the server crashes.
  • wschaecherwschaecher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have not been able to log on in 3 days and this is starting to upset me greatly.
    Any ideas how much longer till this is fixed?
  • valcrist24valcrist24 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ahh, seems I'm not the only one having this problem. Its doing the same thing for Star Trek Online, too.......
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'm having problems as well. The launcher kept updating itself but got stuck and started all over again. Then i decided to uninstall. And now I can't download the game again because i get time outs from the neverwinter frontpage or any other part of the site. Only part that is currently working for me are forums. Any info how I could approach this issue?