test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From post #491...
    If I were to list down all of the T2 dungeons with bosses we'll be able to solo, they'd be...

- Pirate King's Lair. All bosses except the final one as he tends to spam melee range AoE's when he cannot see his foes. Stand 3 seconds on his red zone and it's sure death so you'll want to play very carefully here and slot ITC and burn him down with DF. Bring a lot of pots as well. Sometimes he gets lucky hits on us.
    - Temple of the Spider. All bosses including Syndrith. She spams auto-target encounters that aim for our position instead of aiming for us. She can't see us, but her encounters will home in on us.
    - Spellplague Caverns. All bosses except the final one as it can see us in stealth. It's pretty easy to solo since it's attacks are really slow and the damage you get hit with can be easily healed with lifesteal and pots, but the problem are the adds per transition. If you're going to solo the boss room you have to have a lot of time.

Basically, a lot of the T2 dungeons with the exception of the Whispering Caverns is soloable at some degree. You'll be required to have a lot of time and patience, however.
  • Options
    ch41nsm0k3rch41nsm0k3r Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just bought the Stone of Allure and am going down the Battlefield Skulker set. Any tips on what i should equip my Stone with gear wise and enchants?
  • Options
    mkjnsmkjns Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not speaking for anyone, just a generalization... Look at the stats that come with the set your aiming for. What slots its going to have available. Then you can get a rough idea what you can shoot for softcap-wise.

3000-ish crit
    2500-ish ArmPen
    2000+ Defense
    2500-ish Recovery
    2000+ Deflection
    Power
    etc...
  • Options
    parthiaparthia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was using a cookie cutter executioner build before and I HATED IT. I switched over to this build and it's a blast. I'm clearing solo instances with ease now compared to before when I was struggling. Though in PvP, I found Impact Shot to be incredibly useful towards the end of the rotation, since it let's you burst squishies who try to interrupt you while knocking them off the point. I'm also unsure of where all of the hate is for Gloaming Cut. It does great damage and the animation is cool (I love the idea of clipping/guillotining them with the daggers) Anyway, thanks for all of the advice in this insightful guide!
  • Options
    deathwish2112deathwish2112 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great guide! really appreciate the tips ..I just started a human TR rogue and not sure what order to add my stat,powers and feat points per level?

With this build, can I get some tips on what to max out at each level?

Also what is the normal rotation? is it stealth up lash for the crit and then daze and flourish away? rinse and repeat for normal pve mobs?

I will not be pvping until I hit 60 and get to know the game mechanics so I will be pure pve till 60.

Thanks very much

BloodLust-Mindflayer
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Good news everyone.

The stealthed bug is being fixed and hopefully it will be in a week or two. Panderus a game producers has the programmers working on it.

I will say this since I added my hybrid build to this thread. Tower of Celadine is too easy or my build is very survivable. Stealth bugged bugged 1/2 way through where the two cyclops guard the teleporter going up and I finished Tower of Celadine without stealth or dying once. I used LB, path of blades, impact shot, gloaming cut, COS, and bloodbath in the last fight. Thanks todesfaelle for your build I used to make my hybrid.

This is great news! I personally have not encountered this bug yet, ever. I guess I'm lucky but for my fellow TR's who have suffered under this bug, we won't have to worry about this after the next patch.

And that's true. I can also finish Tower of Celadine without taking any damage. The small mobs die so quickly under Gloaming Cut while the others can be burned down via DF. And it's no prob, man! I guess all I can ask is that you keep helping our fellow players like you always do!
    marc5iver wrote: »
    Somewhere in this 54 page thread I thought I saw a list of dungeons that can and/or cannot be soloed using stealth since some of the bosses could still see us. I cannot seem to find it. Could someone add that list again?
    From post #491...
    If I were to list down all of the T2 dungeons with bosses we'll be able to solo, they'd be...

- Pirate King's Lair. All bosses except the final one as he tends to spam melee range AoE's when he cannot see his foes. Stand 3 seconds on his red zone and it's sure death so you'll want to play very carefully here and slot ITC and burn him down with DF. Bring a lot of pots as well. Sometimes he gets lucky hits on us.
    - Temple of the Spider. All bosses including Syndrith. She spams auto-target encounters that aim for our position instead of aiming for us. She can't see us, but her encounters will home in on us.
    - Spellplague Caverns. All bosses except the final one as it can see us in stealth. It's pretty easy to solo since it's attacks are really slow and the damage you get hit with can be easily healed with lifesteal and pots, but the problem are the adds per transition. If you're going to solo the boss room you have to have a lot of time.

Basically, a lot of the T2 dungeons with the exception of the Whispering Caverns is soloable at some degree. You'll be required to have a lot of time and patience, however.

Thank you, Jarad! I didn't have much time to log in some days ago so you helping out in answering is greatly appreciated!

And Marc, there are also pre-clear bosses that are more profitable for us to farm rather than completing the dungeons themselves. Feel free to explore as I think it'd be better if people felt the excitement of discovering things themselves. If you guys find anything out, the thread is open for your experiences to be shared!
    I just bought the Stone of Allure and am going down the Battlefield Skulker set. Any tips on what i should equip my Stone with gear wise and enchants?

Hey bro. I have the following stats on my Ioun Stone.

1238293_671914419487204_1384110888_n.jpg

The reason behind the stat allocations are basically because these are the stats in which I need to maximize the ratings which I want capped. The remaining ArPen in my Ioun Stone brought me to 2540 which is the exact cap if I recall correctly. And the massive 1k crit I get from my stone gives me an additional 3% crit, which takes me to 47% crit chance. I have a huge stash of Squash Soup to take it further to the cap of 50%.

1280482_671913329487313_2056203299_n.jpg

So basically you'll want to get your end-gear first before you can decide what items your stone will have. In order to assist you guys with this I'll be adding a section in this guide specifically for the Ioun Stone as well as the soft caps of stats so you can decide which ones you want to take. But I have to finish up the alt. build before I can do that. Good news is that I only need to take screenies of the powers I have.

If I'm not able to post this by tonight, I don't know anymore. Sometimes I feel like I'm slacking on the guide.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mkjns wrote: »
    Not speaking for anyone, just a generalization... Look at the stats that come with the set your aiming for. What slots its going to have available. Then you can get a rough idea what you can shoot for softcap-wise.

3000-ish crit
    2500-ish ArmPen
    2000+ Defense
    2500-ish Recovery
    2000+ Deflection
    Power
    etc...

Good call, man. These are pretty much the estimated soft caps of these stats. I'll post the exact ones after I finish the alternative build.

And I'm also proud to say that mkjns is one of my guildies now. :p Can't wait to run dungeons with you, bro! We seem to miss each other in terms of timezone though.
    parthia wrote: »
    I was using a cookie cutter executioner build before and I HATED IT. I switched over to this build and it's a blast. I'm clearing solo instances with ease now compared to before when I was struggling. Though in PvP, I found Impact Shot to be incredibly useful towards the end of the rotation, since it let's you burst squishies who try to interrupt you while knocking them off the point. I'm also unsure of where all of the hate is for Gloaming Cut. It does great damage and the animation is cool (I love the idea of clipping/guillotining them with the daggers) Anyway, thanks for all of the advice in this insightful guide!

Hey, Parthia! Thank you so much for those kinds words! I really appreciate them. And I agree with you. I like the whole idea about Gloaming Cut, a skill that hits slow, but hits hard. Fits the theme of an assassin lurking the shadows and you don't know where he is, where he'll strike, and when. It's a semi RP-ish type of perk for me.

Feel free to drop by the guide whenever you are in need of assistance or if you're just feeling like sharing some of your experiences! :)
    Great guide! really appreciate the tips ..I just started a human TR rogue and not sure what order to add my stat,powers and feat points per level?

With this build, can I get some tips on what to max out at each level?

Also what is the normal rotation? is it stealth up lash for the crit and then daze and flourish away? rinse and repeat for normal pve mobs?

I will not be pvping until I hit 60 and get to know the game mechanics so I will be pure pve till 60.

Thanks very much

BloodLust-Mindflayer

Hey, Deathwish. Welcome to the thread and thank you for the kind words. I should note that if you're going to use the original build, the ability scores you choose for leveling will not impact the build at all. But for my case I put all the points I got from leveling on DEX + STR in order to maximize my damage output. I have included the powers and feats in the guide as well just so that it is able to assist you much further regarding those.

But if it's for the new build, you may wish to reroll a new TR that has 14 INT. You can get this by rolling a Wood/Sun/Moon Elf, Tiefling, or Human with +2 to INT. I remember you saying that you're currently level 10 before you edited your post and I'm really sorry if I wasn't able to reply much sooner.

I really have to push myself to post the new guide later so all the answers regarding the new build will be seen by everyone who wants to experience it. It's been dragging for so long now. I expect to be able to finish it later including the screenies.
  • Options
    ch41nsm0k3rch41nsm0k3r Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I do agree that leveling is way faster with this build :) but then again having a fully pimped out Stone of Allure at level 33 is kinda OP. I'm just wondering how this new build with the 20 20 20 would perform in a group situation for an Epic run
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thank you Todesfaelle and rest of Den for the help. I think your current guide is more a hybrid to pve and pvp..if I am not mistaken. Since I really want to only pve to get to know game and build up gear..this will be only a pve rogue. So if you were starting again fresh with no gear..what race and stats would give me the best rogue?...Lol I have no problem rerolling since I am so low..actually have done the starting area about five times now testing different classes..can I say how weak the gwf is versus rogue..its silly how many potions i had to drink as one and when i switched to rogue i dont recall drinling any. look forward to game looks very cool and people on mindflayer have been nice.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I do agree that leveling is way faster with this build :) but then again having a fully pimped out Stone of Allure at level 33 is kinda OP. I'm just wondering how this new build with the 20 20 20 would perform in a group situation for an Epic run

In an epic run your damage will definitely be behind CW's. But that's nothing new after our DPS has been severely gimped by the Lurker's Assault nerf. What we lack in damage, we gain in survival. Even if your entire party has died, there's no need to wipe as long as you can hit the boss. But I tend to never do dungeons with PUG's, since guildies can understand how you work better than PUG's can.

I hope you get good experiences with this build, Chainsmoker. Just drop by whenever you feel like sharing things!
    Thank you Todesfaelle and rest of Den for the help. I think your current guide is more a hybrid to pve and pvp..if I am not mistaken. Since I really want to only pve to get to know game and build up gear..this will be only a pve rogue. So if you were starting again fresh with no gear..what race and stats would give me the best rogue?...Lol I have no problem rerolling since I am so low..actually have done the starting area about five times now testing different classes..can I say how weak the gwf is versus rogue..its silly how many potions i had to drink as one and when i switched to rogue i dont recall drinling any. look forward to game looks very cool and people on mindflayer have been nice.

That's a hard question to answer. I can't really say what the "best" PVE rogue is, but if I were to reroll a new TR, I'd probably make a Sun Elf with 14 INT, 17 DEX, 15 STR. Then give it +6 to INT, +3 to DEX, +5 to STR for 20/20/20. There isn't really that much of a difference between Sun Elves and Wood Elves other than the race features. Sun Elven race features are definitely better but it doesn't make or break the build. I personally like the +1% crit I get as a Wood Elf, but getting +10% CC resistance and 2% AP gain as a Sun Elf ain't half bad too. In the end, all that matters is you get Gloaming Cut to 3/3, 5/5 Improved Cunning Sneak and Twilight Adept, Sneaky Stabber to 5/5, and Bait and Switch + Shadow Strike.

There isn't one way to play this build and we can create a wide variety of alternative builds for it. So please feel free to explore and personalize your rogue, :) The details I just laid down are pretty much the most essential and important bits of this guide. But I swear the new guide will come later. I was busy farming dungeons with guildies a while back so that ate up some of my time too.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Booyah! thank you

BloodLust- in game name
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In an epic run your damage will definitely be behind CW's. But that's nothing new after our DPS has been severely gimped by the Lurker's Assault nerf. What we lack in damage, we gain in survival. Even if your entire party has died, there's no need to wipe as long as you can hit the boss. But I tend to never do dungeons with PUG's, since guildies can understand how you work better than PUG's can.

I only run epic runs with guildies. They are all pressuring me to stick to a high DPS build, but I told them to back off and wait and see how effective i will be; being the guild leader has its perks i guess.

I'm eagerly anticipating your new build though. So far this is my 2nd TR I'm pushing to 60 with about 4 previous attempts.
  • Options
    jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi, I've never roll a TR but once I read this thread it got me interested in rolling one. I'm trying to figure out a hybrid dps/stealth build before I actually role one.. Does Sneaky Stabber makes your stealth bar +10% ANYTIME u use gloaming cut? or it makes your bar +35%(25%+10%) whenever u KILL an enemy with gloaming cut?
  • Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    5/5 Sneaky Stabber fills 10% of your stealth meter every time you use GC. That is why it is a crucial component to permastealth, especially while gearing up.
  • Options
    bambucha1988bambucha1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [moderated]
  • Options
    vaethosvaethos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am new to the TR world. Play GF as my main.
    I rolled up a Human TR w/ 14 STR/ 12 CON/ 17 Dex (2 Human Bonus)/ 12 INT/ 11 WIS/ 14 CHA.
    I am mainly wanted to PvP w/ this TR. I will do the occasional dungeon run. I am Following your build atm. But see you recommended to some one else u would roll INT. So I am curious if you would Recommend I re roll TR and Build a more DEX/INT based TR?
    I have just rolled this TR so he is only lvl 20. But I am unsure if I would meet the stats required to go DEX/INT.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In order to have 20 Int at 60 you'd need to start with 14 Int at character generation. With the stats you listed you would be able to raise your Int to 18, not 20. As you are only level 20, a reroll now would be fairly easy, if you are wanting to stay true to the new variant of the build.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all the Info this Build has provided. Having said that, how does this Build stack up against x3lade INT PERMA STEALTH build in PvP.
    Thought about Rolling a Human TR w/ 19STR / 19 DEX / 20 INT

PvP is what I plan on rolling a TR for.

Sorry if I missed any prior post, that may have answered this. I may have overlooked it through the 55pages of comments.

Thanks again for Advice.
  • Options
    skeleton202skeleton202 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    regarding enchant stone, do the the critical stone increase the critical damage???

rite now my crit chance is 44%... still wonder which one should i prefer 1st whether crit , arm pen , or power
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Crit Strike enchants only effect the % rating, only Vorpal enchant effects Crit Severity (the damage).

Aim for Crit Strike 50%, and ArPen 20-25% (24% ideal) then rest power.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey! Sorry guys. I've been particularly busy as of late due to real life and been spending my free time in the game to catch up. :( But the good news is that the draft is on the works at this moment. Not sure when I'll be able to finalize it since RL activities has been so taxing lately. What I can provide you guys is the screenie of my character sheet to give you guys a preview of what to expect.

1185871_667096496635663_893410700_n.jpg

So these are the finalized stats. All offense slots contain Rank 7 Silvery Enchants and would work better with higher-tiered silvers. The goal for Recharge Speed Increase is 25% for PVP. With at least 1.8k we get 15% RSI, with INT we get an added 10%. The Berserker Gear gives +133 to ArPen and Critical, and +110 to Recovery. I could have went for the epic rings that gave +154 to all 3 stats but unfortunately it has a defense slot.

I'll be explaining in detail about the reasoning behind the allocation of the current stats. Basically I was trying to create a balance between PVP and PVE. Get at least the right amount of ArPen and crit chance, and for PVE we'll have access to the Ioun Stone which further completes the stats we need to have in PVE such as added Critical Chance, 5% more recovery for 30% RSI (14 Second ITC, 12~ second Shadow Strike), Power and a tiny bit more ArPen to take it to 24%.

I'll explain the rest in the guide itself! Nothing has changed in terms of the encounters, class features, at-wills, dailies, and feats.

Have your Feats for the STR/DEX/INT build stayed pretty close to what u have originally posted? I am getting ready to roll a TR and would love to give this build a try.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    From what I recall him saying in game, and on here... the powers and feats are the same, only the stats got adjusted slightly.
  • Options
    msalignedmsaligned Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am fairly new, despite having got my TR to 60. Soloed %99 except the dungeons. Finally accepted one of the many blind guild invites, no idea who these people are, just so I could go to GG. But, I must suck at this. Smoke Screen does not do anything to anything that presents a real challenge in fight, same with Bait and Switch, completely ignored. Can't tell if any of the feats really made a difference, never see any of them listed, ie Critical Teamwork, but have for others in a party. Duelist Fury will get you killed as likely as kill anything, assuming they actually stand there and not run off taking no damage, wish I could. I can't even complete the WrathForge quest, end boss just fully regens his health every time I beat him down to %50 and he and his minions are not impressed with my stealth, I'm assuming %100 accuracy by them means that. As I read thru this section, I usually have little or no idea what you are discussing.

For the Gear Score, the values that go into it, which are important, is there any thing in particular I need start in GG?

gah, wont post the screenshot.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    First off, Grats, and good luck.

Smoke Bomb is a small area of effect skill nullify. What I mean by that is so long as they stand in the area the smoke is in they can not use their skills, thus forcing them to move off of the control point preventing them from ease of capture.

Bait-n-switch really is more for PvE then PvP, it can if used near an AoE help boost your AP generation. Almost all npc/monsters will target the shadow image if you used it while still stealthed, but for the first 1-2 seconds yea they still seem to target you.

Duelist Flurry is beastly for straight DPS, and takes just a hair of practice to perfect its use. Wait till you have just refreshed your stealth meter with either Shadow Strike, or BnS. Quickly move your position to behind the target (avoids any damage to shorten the stealth meter) and do one cycle 1/2/10hit, then move into Glooming Cuts to lengthen the time you stay stealthed. Use it 2-3 times in a row while you have Lurkers Assault up, and a single cycle during Impossible to Catch.

If you want to post screenies use imgur.com then embed/post the link.

PM me if your on Mindflayer and I will be more then happy to run a couple dailies with you to show you a few of my techniques/tricks.

I solo'd every zone minus dungeons as I leveled, but now I am going back to each dungeon and soloing them. (currently up to Sky Pirates normal)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the response mkjns. I am on mindflayer. I disagree about the Smoke Bomb, yes it works great on all the things that are easy to kill, but an Infiltrator, no. BnS, that's a fake, and off they go to whatever they were going to attack anyway.

I got the attack chain, just not enough recharge bonus for perma stealth.

The zones them selves are not hard. Outside the mobs are affected by SB and BnS, go inside, not so.

this is what I have now, nothing to get excited about.
    and of course no picture despite the link.
    xuRsf6v
  • Options
    sirschorisirschori Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this great guide you posted i followed it to the letter.
    Got my TR to 60 a few days ago and yesterday I ran the "lair of the mad dragon" solo for the first time (first time i ever done that one at all) and done it like you said without dying @7.2kgs. going to continue improving so when they merge the shards maybe we will have our stealth TR epic dungeon run
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys! Sorry if the update is currently taking too long. I'm currently under a new work schedule and although it's much more stable than the last one, it's completely the opposite of my previous sched so I'm still adjusting to so many things for now.

Thanks to the people who have been answering questions on my behalf. You guys have been really helpful. And oh! Some of the people who are using this build have been sending me in-game mails. I really like them, honestly. Thank you so much for the feedback and I'll definitely reply as soon as I'm able to, one by one. To the guy who sent me a Flask of Potency, I love you man. Thanks! It was surprising! It's you guys who make writing guys all the more worth it. :o

@Sirschori: Thank you and I'm glad you're having a good time with the build so far. When the shards merge, you can count me in if you guys want to do 5 man epics. :) If anyone wants in, it's much easier to do it after the shard merge. The Shade Monarchs are also open to all the guildless who wish to be with people like them.
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wish I'd seen this post before, but I seen the effects of stealth in game and wasn't surprised to see a build on them. I recently respeced my thief to combine above average stealth with high mobility and damage because of getting bushwacked by this build. lol I basically combined the best of both and now hunt them whenever I get the chance. :)
  • Options
    zanduvarzanduvar Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Looking at all those numbers made my brain hurt. A couple of questions. I scrolled down the attributes on my TR it shows critical chance at %44.8, does that mean %44.8 of my attack should crit? Seems like I can go through whole fights never see anything special on damage, then Duelist Fury will show a string of 7000 and 8000 damage, or almost every Gloaming Cut then nothing from DF.
    Finally got to Sharandar, is there any thought about the Boons? One stands out to me, a %2 action point gain. Or are they all a waste of time?