test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are cryptic really hearing the feedback about the gwf's crazy nerf?

124»

Comments

• koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Lmfao saisem the gwf guru
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    I guess this is where I have to disagree with you. You have a tad bit more crit (1%) and more Arm Pen (4%) but the difference is power, I'm 2k higher on power. So I'm automatically hitting harder every time. The crit severity, you are critting 115% severe, but only based on 4800 power. I'm critting 90% but based on 6800 power. If I put on full Avatar, I do lose another 2% arm pen, but I gain 2% crit. When full onslaught happens (and I can keep it up 95% of a run) then I'm over 8k power and my armor pen is back up based on my recovery. So a 90% crit severity at over 8100 power. Then you have to remember that I'm using a greater lightning, so that is going to proc all over the place and it usually hits for 200-500 dps per hit and chains twice. That is dps that you aren't getting and I am -- and it adds up FAST. I assume you aren't using Battle Fury (most people don't), that adds another 10% damage to my at will's/encounters I'm about to do.

So with my setup, I'm hitting harder than you are on non crit hits... on crit hits your crits are more severe, but 3300 less power (and 10% less damage assuming no battle fury). Then I also have a ton of extra dps from my chain lightning, you have none.

I can just tell you that based on your gear and your build, without even playing with you... there is no chance you would out dps me. However, I have offered to help and you can see everything I'm doing.

2000 power =80 dmg say 7-8% more dmg - Now substract 4% ar pen and at 50% crit rate 38 more severity is 19% dmg increase. If u are using Battle Fury for buff u are wasting dps. Batlle fury is used for stamina consumption at animation canceling. Only thing u have is that lightning enchant which is 20% of your dps(each time u are using encounters or dailies u are wasting % dmg so lets round it up to 10% dmg increase) then again is rly useless in boss fights and if u dont cancel anim it does pretty much nothing. Another reason to QQ , gwf needs 2 weapon sets to perform. Not to mention recovery difference and defense stats. I can tell u only by reading both your posts that he will do like double your dps.
  • kalfurykalfury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    2000 power =80 dmg say 7-8% more dmg - Now substract 4% ar pen and at 50% crit rate 38 more severity is 19% dmg increase. If u are using Battle Fury for buff u are wasting dps. Batlle fury is used for stamina consumption at animation canceling. Only thing u have is that lightning enchant which is 20% of your dps(each time u are using encounters or dailies u are wasting % dmg so lets round it up to 10% dmg increase) then again is rly useless in boss fights and if u dont cancel anim it does pretty much nothing. Another reason to QQ , gwf needs 2 weapon sets to perform. Not to mention recovery difference and defense stats. I can tell u only by reading both your posts that he will do like double your dps.

Not to mention putting points into con is a waste compared with dexterity. I'm with you, I think seisems build is ok, but lacking in a few key areas.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you guys haven't figured out they only care about the Zen, you have another thing coming. I was shocked by the Slam nerf, since there was absolutely no reason for it, but reason escapes this game.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I guess this is where I have to disagree with you. You have a tad bit more crit (1%) and more Arm Pen (4%) but the difference is power, I'm 2k higher on power. So I'm automatically hitting harder every time. The crit severity, you are critting 115% severe, but only based on 4800 power. I'm critting 90% but based on 6800 power. If I put on full Avatar, I do lose another 2% arm pen, but I gain 2% crit. When full onslaught happens (and I can keep it up 95% of a run) then I'm over 8k power and my armor pen is back up based on my recovery. So a 90% crit severity at over 8100 power. Then you have to remember that I'm using a greater lightning, so that is going to proc all over the place and it usually hits for 200-500 dps per hit and chains twice. That is dps that you aren't getting and I am -- and it adds up FAST. I assume you aren't using Battle Fury (most people don't), that adds another 10% damage to my at will's/encounters I'm about to do.

So with my setup, I'm hitting harder than you are on non crit hits... on crit hits your crits are more severe, but 3300 less power (and 10% less damage assuming no battle fury). Then I also have a ton of extra dps from my chain lightning, you have none.

I can just tell you that based on your gear and your build, without even playing with you... there is no chance you would out dps me. However, I have offered to help and you can see everything I'm doing.

You forget I have Instigator Capstone. Can also wear AoW for more bonus.

Power is not an issue.

You also forget that I use on demand CA (NSF feated) netting me a higher return across the board with everything I do.

I also mentioned, that is my well rounded build.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Slam is worthless after the nerf. It is only good for interrupts on very few fights. Really, most of our dailies are worthless.

This is probably the last time I respond to you by the way. Coming up with nonsense like 14K GS CWs is ridiculous.

You can use encounters during slam whish according to you do alot more then any daily and you still use spinning strike so if slam allows encounters during daily and you use spinning strike are you not arguing against yourself?

14k GS cw redicules, yea well you are starting to become something of a joke among the other gwf:s for sure.
    You havent answered anything i written so far all you do is brag about how good you are and that all other gwfs are cluless.

Sorry to see that you refuse to get out of your bubble its obviously no use trying to make you see something you are willingly blind to.
    As you long you think your the ultimate solutions to all other gwf:s that has problem you are rather beside the point in here.

Gwf being the single most class left out in lfg-channels for a reason and you are to blind/stubborn to see reality for what it is.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I'm sorry but if you can't see the value in slam after the nerf.. Then you are missing something.. For a destroyer build in particular.. There is massive upside.. And I think your build is still lacking in some areas.. Over cap in armor pen, very low recovery....
    I hope the shards merge at Some stage cause I find alot of GWFs talking about how great they are.. Yet with no evidence to prove so...

Anyhow I haven't seen a GWF get close to my dps.. Well at least not within 1M in an epic..and I have run with alot...

I haven't seen one within millions myself.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Saisem the all knowing GWF guru who says that 99.99% other gwf beside himself are stupid, LOL.

I haven't said this once. In fact, I've been nothing but helpful and people just keep trying to trash me.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
    edited September 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »

Your math is a little off there. Anyways I used to think Battle Fury was a waste, but I actually have tested it, not just once but a lot. The extra damage and final output on DPS is more. There is no animation cancelling going on here.

He isn't doubling my dps. That would be hilarious if he was... but he isn't even hitting as hard as I am with his build/stats. We are talking about somebody who claims to be in 3rd/4th place and crying that his class is broke (like you have in numerous previous posts).
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    kalfury wrote: »
    Not to mention putting points into con is a waste compared with dexterity. I'm with you, I think seisems build is ok, but lacking in a few key areas.

Thank you for your input. Please show me your build so we can compare.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    There are so many responses to me that I can't continue to reply individually. This is what I have noticed on the forums for GWF:

1. People complain that their class is broke (ex: dps is bad, can't tank, can't survive, etc)
    2. People (like myself) think it is playable and come give advice and try to help
    3. The person who complained in the first place refuses to listen to help and starts to tell me that I suck and my character is wrong, when they are the ones who complained in the first place.

It is an endless loop here in the barracks.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

• mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    you forgot to mention that your build requires atleast 13kgs to start with, LOL.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    We are talking about somebody who claims to be in 3rd/4th place and crying that his class is broke (like you have in numerous previous posts).

I am a Sentinel build! I care more about my ap gain then probably any dps does, dmg for me is secondary, i want threat to be high so i can feel somehow useful plus some single target dmg. GWF destroyer is not the only tree u see and i just cant do anything atm. You are saying that what they did is ok and i;m telling u is not, gwf ap gain is **** and it shouldnt be... that was the main point of discussion! I have nothing with u.. i have my issues with devs for doing stupid things without even asking or testing so sry if i seem too hard with u but rly u are messing with my investment and that is not good!!
    edited September 2013
    Your math is a little off there. Anyways I used to think Battle Fury was a waste, but I actually have tested it, not just once but a lot. The extra damage and final output on DPS is more. There is no animation cancelling going on here.

He isn't doubling my dps. That would be hilarious if he was... but he isn't even hitting as hard as I am with his build/stats. We are talking about somebody who claims to be in 3rd/4th place and crying that his class is broke (like you have in numerous previous posts).

So right that you can't be wrong. You reek of youth and of always having your way. Keep living the dream that your build is the ONLY build on the entire planet. You are so hell bent on crusading for your views you miss the entire ********** point of feedback to the DEVS. You want to be respected? Then stop pushing your view points down peoples throats. I don't need your help. You want to indirectly call me out yet there are a LOT of other people that have issues in regards to the GWF class.

Your ignore math and spout nothing but bravado. You say you have more power for more damage until I point out that I can hit and exceed your number (Do the math yourself). I don't care how you play YOUR character and MOST people don't. Stop ignoring the fact that GWFs took a huge hit in ap generation which affected dps. That is the WHOLE point of the thread. This thread is not your soapbox for preaching.
    edited September 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    So right that you can't be wrong. You reek of youth and of always having your way. Keep living the dream that your build is the ONLY build on the entire planet. You are so hell bent on crusading for your views you miss the entire ********** point of feedback to the DEVS. You want to be respected? Then stop pushing your view points down peoples throats. I don't need your help. You want to indirectly call me out yet there are a LOT of other people that have issues in regards to the GWF class.

Your ignore math and spout nothing but bravado. You say you have more power for more damage until I point out that I can hit and exceed your number (Do the math yourself). I don't care how you play YOUR character and MOST people don't. Stop ignoring the fact that GWFs took a huge hit in ap generation which affected dps. That is the WHOLE point of the thread. This thread is not your soapbox for preaching.

Like I said before, AP generation to pop what daily? The daily's on GWF right now are worthless in DPS compared to what I have pointed out over and over and over again.

My build is not the only build on the planet, but it works. According to you, yours is broke. It is your choice to sit and wallow in your own misery or do something about it.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    you forgot to mention that your build requires atleast 13kgs to start with, LOL.

Which is really easy to obtain in this game. This was an alt project for me. No Zen spent, all AD/Dungeon farms with my guild.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

• mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    Which is really easy to obtain in this game. This was an alt project for me. No Zen spent, all AD/Dungeon farms with my guild.

This confirm it, you really are a troll. LOL.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Like I said before, AP generation to pop what daily? The daily's on GWF right now are worthless in DPS compared to what I have pointed out over and over and over again.

My build is not the only build on the planet, but it works. According to you, yours is broke. It is your choice to sit and wallow in your own misery or do something about it.

Idk why u keep saying slam is useless.. Slam is still an amazing daily..your failure to see how to utilise this is actually one of my biggest concerns when you are giving out advice
    edited September 2013
    It doesn't matter which daily. It only matters that we don't generate AP to USE on a daily.

Some folks still appreciate slam and what it offers. Like immunity for 5 seconds, slow and an initial interrupt while they continue to dps.

Some folks like running avalanche for the immunity, interrupt, prone.

Currently my Avalanche hits ~5-12k. Add a debuffing CW and that goes ~8-17k easy.

This is before Onslaught or Instigator Capstone is factored in.

That is not worthless and it is also not target capped.