test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are cryptic really hearing the feedback about the gwf's crazy nerf?

Comments

• durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GWF needs alot of buff.

1. AP regeneration from normal hitting and using encounter such as roar is terribly low. CW can make double AP point more than GWF.
    2. GWF doesn't have aow encounter that deal damage good enough. roar and not so fast deal damage less than 2k and have a hit cap.
    3. GWF doesn't have CC encounter. not so fast/roar/takedown only make enemies stun or unable to move like 1 second only.

whoever made this class, he/she needs to be fired.
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    Please bring back the deflect from bravery!!!!!!
    and pls buff damage mitigation + temp health in unstoppable
    also can you pls buff the titan and imposing scrapper set, it kinda lacks on some stats :)
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    The developers play TRs. That is what I mean.

I am itching for a server merge so I can actually show you some good damage output. My problem is I run with some of the best players in the game. Number crunching mad wizard dudes who like to get that .000001% increase. I am 3rd in comparison. I can make up the difference by going perfect...but then again they can go perfect and maintain that margin of difference. They lowered the ceiling, now I beat my head against it like a rockstar banging drums.

I can't wait to see it, because I doubt you are playing with the level of players that I play with in my private guild. Anyways, we can't measure sticks until they merge everything.

What I do know is your GWF is broken and I have tried to help you on many threads, but you keep rejecting help.

By the way, I'd love to see your stats/build/gear sometime to see what you are doing.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    the TR cannot touch a well played GWF.

Try with a TR with a 16k GS like you. Ancient this, ancient that, Avatar of war. P2W means BiS.
    Now reroll a from-scratch gwf and tell us about how you rock in dungeon groups.
    English is not my first language.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    GWF needs alot of buff.

1. AP regeneration from normal hitting and using encounter such as roar is terribly low. CW can make double AP point more than GWF.
    2. GWF doesn't have aow encounter that deal damage good enough. roar and not so fast deal damage less than 2k and have a hit cap.
    3. GWF doesn't have CC encounter. not so fast/roar/takedown only make enemies stun or unable to move like 1 second only.

whoever made this class, he/she needs to be fired.

+1
    Now, some people say that until CB4 the gwf was actually playable.
    English is not my first language.
  • notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Try with a TR with a 16k GS like you. Ancient this, ancient that, Avatar of war. P2W means BiS.

I have some questions to ask you Vortix44:
    1) Since when did TR get a conq spec just like GF and have 16k GS?
    2) Ancient weapons are easy to farm. Is CN too hard for you?
    3) Tier sets are easy to complete now since you get to choose it from DD chest. Did you know that?
    4) Seisem2's GWF doesnt even have expensive enchants on. Lets say 9* rank 7s = Thats only worth about 1mil AD or less. Is 1mil AD hard for you to make? Do you think that you need to get grand ma's credit card to get 1mil AD?
    5) Do you SERIOUSLY think that he can beat those TRs rocking Perfect vorp + rank 9-10s in single target dps fights?
    6) http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/0813/yahoo-answers-eat-myself.jpg
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    nodrama lama.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    @lele just run around while he is in the first unstoppable, that will help since u wont fuel his determination, and use prone skills after, one prone rotation should be enough to be bursted down. Regen builds are just a temporary thing.

@seisem2 u seem to lack alot of insight in gwf as a class, your view of this class is really uni directional and pretty limited. I rly wont go into a debate with u since u seem to be pretty young but pls understand this: It is not ok what they did and i would rather leave the game then change my gear.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know why I haven't taken up arms about the GWF? Because it is not broke. Everybody I play with on my server always tells me they haven't seen a GWF pour out this kind of damage. I tell them it's easy, if I can do it anybody can do it and give them guidance on how to do it. People just don't want to change whatever build they started out with. Luckily for me, I figured it out the first time, with a few minor changes on the way.

Dear Seisem2!
    You and like 2? other of all other 100ds of gwf:s try to say that you magically discovered something that all other missed.
    Can it be so that your circumstances are different then most others maby?
    I myself play in a guild where i have top GS and like you i have no problem whatsoever to be on 1rs or 2nd place in dam when we do dungeon runs.

BUT if you make up a team without a gwf and with a gwf to make speed runs and you still say that the team with the gwf in is faster you are living in a dream world.
    IF you look in lfg channels and say that any other class is left out more for groups then gwf:s you live in a dream world.

If you ever been in a group with 2 cw:s with 14k+GS that knows what they are doing and still say you will out dam them you lack experiance.
    If you even imagen having greater single target dam then a tr with simular GS your outright inexperianced or playing with less then average tr:s.

If you play with a group that feeds you piles of mobs that you can wade into and do aoe dam while they are cc:ed(most likely the case here) ofc you can exel in dps compared to others.
    Now this is a perfect good way of doing dungeons and likely what the game had in mind for the gwf:s role but out there in the reality of the game that is NOT what is going around in 99% of the case.

In your perfect dream world where all play so you can maximise your class potential I am sure all is dandy for ya and I am glad for you for that.
    But as you live in the delusion that you are right and ALL others are wrong maby its time for you to wake up to the reality.

AP gain for gwf:s are not bad its worse then terrible, restricting almost all our aoe to 5 mobs is devastating to both our dps and our ability to hold aggro on multipel adds, forcing us to have not only 2 gear set ups for good tanking/dps but also have 2 different builds for pvp and pve is dam right devastating for the class, making cw have better cc:s and better aoe dam then gwf:s is devastating for gwf:s when it comes to getting groups the list gows on and is by no means restricted to the examples above.

You sir can scream all day long about how good you are and how good gwf:s are if they follow your example and that everybody that has problems would see them vanish like a cloud in strong wind if they just follow your magical advice or you can try to see the problem for what it is for 99% of the other gwf:s.

Your inability to actually take in what almost all wright here and bullheadingly contintue to write nm arguments that you have the sulution to all others problem more or less proves that you live in a little bubble and are unable/refusing to see outside it.

My advice is take a deep breath, pretend that you have the ability to adress all these 100ds of other gwf:s issues and do something about them -What would you do ?
    (if you now just continue to say -Hey look at me your doing it all wrong do I as i do and you see who uber you are!!- plz feel free to ignore all this as i will you in future. If not feel free to come up with sulutions)
    /hugs
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

1. I don't have 16K GS, I have 13.9
    2. I've earned all my gear - I only am using 2/2 Avatar of War, see my build on my signature
    3. P2W - well you got me there, I only have rank 7s and greater enchants... I don't pay to win I play to win
    4. Why should I reroll from scratch when I have put so much time and effort

Seriously TR is nerfed so bad for PVE
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • sirindrasirindra Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If Seisem is in a legit non exploit guild as his tag says, then it would mean his CWs are still singing mobs instead of dropping OPtessive Force or Shard of Avalanche in order to exploit insane stacks of High Vizier on mobs, thus not knocking all the adds around, as is the popular strategy right now.

If that's the case, of course his dps is on top and he thinks everything is fine. With singing CWs, i top damage charts too by a good 2-3million. With CWs who rarely, if ever, sing, i will come out under the CW always, occasioanlly about even.

What hurt the GWF most this last patch was the change in game play of CWs from controlling to outright burning mobs down, without needing a GWF to help with the AOE damage. Along with the AP generation nerf, and we have what seems to be an inferior class.

This does not mean we're broken specifically, though there are problems, more that the game mechanics are broken, and particularly CWs exploiting ridiculous amounts of HV stacks instead of wanting to sing and control.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    1. I don't have 16K GS, I have 13.9
    2. I've earned all my gear - I only am using 2/2 Avatar of War, see my build on my signature
    3. P2W - well you got me there, I only have rank 7s and greater enchants... I don't pay to win I play to win
    4. Why should I reroll from scratch when I have put so much time and effort

Seriously TR is nerfed so bad for PVE

Just wow..........how does someone respond to that troll sentence? I give up.
    edited September 2013
    Just wow..........how does someone respond to that troll sentence? I give up.

It isn't a troll sentence, it is the truth. Single target they do a good amount of DPS but for a full run they are millions behind. If I have to pug a DPS, I actually don't take a TR just like most people say they won't take a GWF.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    sirindra wrote: »
    If Seisem is in a legit non exploit guild as his tag says, then it would mean his CWs are still singing mobs instead of dropping OPtessive Force or Shard of Avalanche in order to exploit insane stacks of High Vizier on mobs, thus not knocking all the adds around, as is the popular strategy right now.

If that's the case, of course his dps is on top and he thinks everything is fine. With singing CWs, i top damage charts too by a good 2-3million. With CWs who rarely, if ever, sing, i will come out under the CW always, occasioanlly about even.

What hurt the GWF most this last patch was the change in game play of CWs from controlling to outright burning mobs down, without needing a GWF to help with the AOE damage. Along with the AP generation nerf, and we have what seems to be an inferior class.

This does not mean we're broken specifically, though there are problems, more that the game mechanics are broken, and particularly CWs exploiting ridiculous amounts of HV stacks instead of wanting to sing and control.

I said it before, I have and still will get out dps'd by good/elite CWs.. I even say it in my guide. The difference is there aren't GWFs that I have seen yet that can produce the damage. People asked for a build so I put it out there. I've asked so see what others like Tarmalen have and they won't budge.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    @seisem2 u seem to lack alot of insight in gwf as a class, your view of this class is really uni directional and pretty limited. I rly wont go into a debate with u since u seem to be pretty young but pls understand this: It is not ok what they did and i would rather leave the game then change my gear.

I'm a lot older than you think. If you refuse to adapt than I don't know what to tell you. Every single MMO has updates, changes, nerfs, gear changes, etc. Nothing is permanent in an ever changing world.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    marnival wrote: »
    Dear Seisem2!
    You and like 2? other of all other 100ds of gwf:s try to say that you magically discovered something that all other missed.
    Can it be so that your circumstances are different then most others maby?
    I myself play in a guild where i have top GS and like you i have no problem whatsoever to be on 1rs or 2nd place in dam when we do dungeon runs.

BUT if you make up a team without a gwf and with a gwf to make speed runs and you still say that the team with the gwf in is faster you are living in a dream world.
    IF you look in lfg channels and say that any other class is left out more for groups then gwf:s you live in a dream world.

If you ever been in a group with 2 cw:s with 14k+GS that knows what they are doing and still say you will out dam them you lack experiance.
    If you even imagen having greater single target dam then a tr with simular GS your outright inexperianced or playing with less then average tr:s.

If you play with a group that feeds you piles of mobs that you can wade into and do aoe dam while they are cc:ed(most likely the case here) ofc you can exel in dps compared to others.
    Now this is a perfect good way of doing dungeons and likely what the game had in mind for the gwf:s role but out there in the reality of the game that is NOT what is going around in 99% of the case.

In your perfect dream world where all play so you can maximise your class potential I am sure all is dandy for ya and I am glad for you for that.
    But as you live in the delusion that you are right and ALL others are wrong maby its time for you to wake up to the reality.

AP gain for gwf:s are not bad its worse then terrible, restricting almost all our aoe to 5 mobs is devastating to both our dps and our ability to hold aggro on multipel adds, forcing us to have not only 2 gear set ups for good tanking/dps but also have 2 different builds for pvp and pve is dam right devastating for the class, making cw have better cc:s and better aoe dam then gwf:s is devastating for gwf:s when it comes to getting groups the list gows on and is by no means restricted to the examples above.

You sir can scream all day long about how good you are and how good gwf:s are if they follow your example and that everybody that has problems would see them vanish like a cloud in strong wind if they just follow your magical advice or you can try to see the problem for what it is for 99% of the other gwf:s.

Your inability to actually take in what almost all wright here and bullheadingly contintue to write nm arguments that you have the sulution to all others problem more or less proves that you live in a little bubble and are unable/refusing to see outside it.

My advice is take a deep breath, pretend that you have the ability to adress all these 100ds of other gwf:s issues and do something about them -What would you do ?
    (if you now just continue to say -Hey look at me your doing it all wrong do I as i do and you see who uber you are!!- plz feel free to ignore all this as i will you in future. If not feel free to come up with sulutions)
    /hugs

Thank you for your poorly written statement. I have offered to come up with "sulutions" several times, but people just refuse to change their ways. I have done nothing but taken my time to help people out. What I have learned is that people would rather just wallow in their own misery than try to correct their character.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    Nothing to see.
    I run an Instigator build. Fairly sure you know that since I have been saying that since the AP generation nerf.
    I have all sets and mix and match according to party comp.
    I use a Normal Vorpal and can go from 31% crit to 50% crit depending on gear set and TR in party.
    I sit at a modest ~13k GS.
    I have run well over 100 T2 dungeons since beta. My total damage done could not be touched even by CWs pushing mobs off of cliffs.

The only thing propping you up in damage is your perfect lightning. Give a TR a perfect lightning and you will cry when you see the total. Why? Because they hit faster than you ever can. Meaning they will be proccing that puppy and putting your dps to shame.

Again I never requested any help with my build. I requested that the devs revisit the GWF and clean up a lot of unfinished business.

Instigator capstone - useless for soloing.

Punishing Charge proccing Deep Gash for 0 damage.

Revisit the AP generation nerf and adjust accordingly.

Hopefully the unstoppable bug fix is actually a fix and we can remove that from the list of half fast skills/feats that need attention.
    edited September 2013
    Nothing to see.
    I run an Instigator build. Fairly sure you know that since I have been saying that since the AP generation nerf.
    I have all sets and mix and match according to party comp.
    I use a Normal Vorpal and can go from 31% crit to 50% crit depending on gear set and TR in party.
    I sit at a modest ~13k GS.
    I have run well over 100 T2 dungeons since beta. My total damage done could not be touched even by CWs pushing mobs off of cliffs.

The only thing propping you up in damage is your perfect lightning. Give a TR a perfect lightning and you will cry when you see the total. Why? Because they hit faster than you ever can. Meaning they will be proccing that puppy and putting your dps to shame.

Again I never requested any help with my build. I requested that the devs revisit the GWF and clean up a lot of unfinished business.

Instigator capstone - useless for soloing.

Punishing Charge proccing Deep Gash for 0 damage.

Revisit the AP generation nerf and adjust accordingly.

Hopefully the unstoppable bug fix is actually a fix and we can remove that from the list of half fast skills/feats that need attention.

I don't have a perfect lightning. I still would like to see your base stats (power/crit/arm pen/recovery/defense) along with your feats. Just curious to see what you are doing. You are claiming a lot on threads and I'd love to see how it's being done.

100 T2 dungeons, not bad. If I had to guess I'd say I'm near ~450 with my DC/GWF. That stuff is irrelevant though.

Unstoppable seems to be fixed btw, I haven't had it bug once.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    Will have to wait until later when I get home from work for the stats.

As far as crit? easy enough. I push 40% with just gear. Add in NSF(feated) which gives CA. Instigator feat Vicious Advantage gives 5% dam and 5% crit chance to CA targets. That is 45%. Now add a TR and I am at 50%. Party like a rock star even without CA, 45% crit.

I am also rolling at 19 dex.
    edited September 2013
    Will have to wait until later when I get home from work for the stats.

As far as crit? easy enough. I push 40% with just gear. Add in NSF(feated) which gives CA. Instigator feat Vicious Advantage gives 5% dam and 5% crit chance to CA targets. That is 45%. Now add a TR and I am at 50%. Party like a rock star even without CA, 45% crit.

I am also rolling at 19 dex.

I am more curious on base numbers... ex 5000 power, 2400 crit, etc. With your best gear on. I just want to compare ideas and see if I can improve myself.

You tell me those numbers and your feats and I can figure the rest out.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    Thank you for your poorly written statement. I have offered to come up with "sulutions" several times, but people just refuse to change their ways. I have done nothing but taken my time to help people out. What I have learned is that people would rather just wallow in their own misery than try to correct their character.

Once again you have the sulution to everyody what a SUPRICE!

Nothing about above ofc just a comment about poor writing.

You live in a bubble and refuse to come out of it, and as long as you continue to do that you sir are irrelevent sad to say.
    As long as you think everybody with 1000nds and 1000nds of hours of gameplay togther missed what you miracously discovered your oppinions are worth less than well lets just say not worth reading ).
    Now go back read the end of my last message and if you still dont get it ask some for advice couse you seem to be in need of some outside less partial oppinion :).
    /hugs
    edited September 2013
    Once again you have the sulution to everyody what a SUPRICE!

Nothing about above ofc just a comment about poor writing.

You live in a bubble and refuse to come out of it, and as long as you continue to do that you sir are irrelevent sad to say.
    As long as you think everybody with 1000nds and 1000nds of hours of gameplay togther missed what you miracously discovered your oppinions are worth less than well lets just say not worth reading ).
    Now go back read the end of my last message and if you still dont get it ask some for advice couse you seem to be in need of some outside less partial oppinion :).
    /hugs

Tell me what skill you are going to use when your daily is ready to go? Everybody complains about how slow the AP goes for GWF (it is a bit slow, but it is not as slow as people make it out) for PVE. I can guarantee you that popping the daily is nice, but no daily comes near the damage I am doing with: battle fury + unstoppable + wms with greater light proc'ing all over hitting multiple mobs.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    I am more curious on base numbers... ex 5000 power, 2400 crit, etc. With your best gear on. I just want to compare ideas and see if I can improve myself.

You tell me those numbers and your feats and I can figure the rest out.

Power - 4837
    Crit - 2358
    ArP - 1866
    Recovery - 2647
    Defense - 2262
    Deflect - 765
    Regen - 574
    Life Steal - 975

Resistance ignored - 24.1%
    Crit chance - 32%
    Crit severity - 115% (soon 128%)

Hit point regeneration - 4.8%
    Damage gained as hit points - 7.7%
    Damage Resistance - 38.4%
    Deflect chance - 18.8%

That is running with my well rounded setup of 2/2 vig/titan. I am actually contemplating removing the last 6 points in Instigator and grabbing ArP feat so I can swap out darks to radiants. Netting me a higher gain due to crit and severity which will top out at 140%.

All other sets/skill setups have extremely varying degrees of stats. This one just happens to be my favorite for most versatility.
    edited September 2013
    Tell me what skill you are going to use when your daily is ready to go? Everybody complains about how slow the AP goes for GWF (it is a bit slow, but it is not as slow as people make it out) for PVE. I can guarantee you that popping the daily is nice, but no daily comes near the damage I am doing with: battle fury + unstoppable + wms with greater light proc'ing all over hitting multiple mobs.

And yet you use spinning strike as daily contradicting yourself!

I use slam either when am ahead of the others to gain solid agro/dam reduction on the mobs while the others run to me or in the case in full fight with multible mobs to slow mobs from running after casters and be able to use encounters at same time for the same reason you mention above.

You still dont get this i gather, so once again read last part in my privious post is really all i can say to you good sir.
    (we use about the same gear encounters but i use bronzewood weapon ench whish does the job for me).
    /hugs
    edited September 2013
    Power - 4837
    Crit - 2358
    ArP - 1866
    Recovery - 2647
    Defense - 2262
    Deflect - 765
    Regen - 574
    Life Steal - 975

Resistance ignored - 24.1%
    Crit chance - 32%
    Crit severity - 115% (soon 128%)

Hit point regeneration - 4.8%
    Damage gained as hit points - 7.7%
    Damage Resistance - 38.4%
    Deflect chance - 18.8%

That is running with my well rounded setup of 2/2 vig/titan. I am actually contemplating removing the last 6 points in Instigator and grabbing ArP feat so I can swap out darks to radiants. Netting me a higher gain due to crit and severity which will top out at 140%.

All other sets/skill setups have extremely varying degrees of stats. This one just happens to be my favorite for most versatility.

I guess this is where I have to disagree with you. You have a tad bit more crit (1%) and more Arm Pen (4%) but the difference is power, I'm 2k higher on power. So I'm automatically hitting harder every time. The crit severity, you are critting 115% severe, but only based on 4800 power. I'm critting 90% but based on 6800 power. If I put on full Avatar, I do lose another 2% arm pen, but I gain 2% crit. When full onslaught happens (and I can keep it up 95% of a run) then I'm over 8k power and my armor pen is back up based on my recovery. So a 90% crit severity at over 8100 power. Then you have to remember that I'm using a greater lightning, so that is going to proc all over the place and it usually hits for 200-500 dps per hit and chains twice. That is dps that you aren't getting and I am -- and it adds up FAST. I assume you aren't using Battle Fury (most people don't), that adds another 10% damage to my at will's/encounters I'm about to do.

So with my setup, I'm hitting harder than you are on non crit hits... on crit hits your crits are more severe, but 3300 less power (and 10% less damage assuming no battle fury). Then I also have a ton of extra dps from my chain lightning, you have none.

I can just tell you that based on your gear and your build, without even playing with you... there is no chance you would out dps me. However, I have offered to help and you can see everything I'm doing.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited September 2013
    And yet you use spinning strike as daily contradicting yourself!

I use slam either when am ahead of the others to gain solid agro/dam reduction on the mobs while the others run to me or in the case in full fight with multible mobs to slow mobs from running after casters and be able to use encounters at same time for the same reason you mention above.

You still dont get this i gather, so once again read last part in my privious post is really all i can say to you good sir.
    (we use about the same gear encounters but i use bronzewood weapon ench whish does the job for me).
    /hugs

Slam is worthless after the nerf. It is only good for interrupts on very few fights. Really, most of our dailies are worthless.

This is probably the last time I respond to you by the way. Coming up with nonsense like 14K GS CWs is ridiculous.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

• pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Slam is worthless after the nerf. It is only good for interrupts on very few fights. Really, most of our dailies are worthless.

This is probably the last time I respond to you by the way. Coming up with nonsense like 14K GS CWs is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but if you can't see the value in slam after the nerf.. Then you are missing something.. For a destroyer build in particular.. There is massive upside.. And I think your build is still lacking in some areas.. Over cap in armor pen, very low recovery....
    I hope the shards merge at Some stage cause I find alot of GWFs talking about how great they are.. Yet with no evidence to prove so...

Anyhow I haven't seen a GWF get close to my dps.. Well at least not within 1M in an epic..and I have run with alot...
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Saisem, what can do GWFs who don't have a weapon enchant, or a strong weapon enchant?

I'm not a destroyer, more like a hybrid to do both PvP and PvE. Before the patch my strategy was running ahead, popping slam+ unstoppable+ WMS Killing weakling and softening the stronger mobs. Then single target powers when my team arrived, scattering the mobs all over the place. Was usually either 2nd or 1st sometimes. I got slam up at every Group of mobs. Also: after going from destroyer to mixed, with full sentinel path, power decreased by just 400. GS went up by 500-600 and survivability doubled. So my damage did not change much from one build to the other.

Right now, after slam nerf, i'm trying a AoE setup. Dailies take much longer to build, even with IBS beign a very good AP booster. What i do then soloing is this: come and get it from a distance, mobs line up in front of me. Battle fury, then IBS to hit the Whole row of mobs. Usually one shotting them (talking about the weak ones in sharandar), or dealing around 8k damage (crit) on a couple, and 3k-3,5k on the Others. Then is start with unstoppable+ WMS to finish them off.

It doesn't seem to work in PvE. Tried it in the Sharandar skirmish, i get almost last in damage and kills. Mostly cause pugs usually scatter the mobs around, and it's quite difficult to have them set up for AoE damage.
    In dungeons i can try to do this running ahead from my Group. But on epic dungeons, i would probably die (28k hp, 2,2k defense, 34 AC. Not enough to tank a Group of mobs in Epic Dread Vault, for example). In PvE i usually have destroyer and master at arms as passives.

Build is tanky (1st instigator, 1st destoryer, all sentinel) but gear is made for damage. I don't want to be a full sentinel with regen, looks boring.

I have 23 str, 19 con and 20 dex. My aim, once my build is finished, is to have around 40% crit chance with 95% crit severity, may be around 19-20% ArP or more (cap should be 24%, but with high crit chance i would still distrupt enemy defense with Student of the sword feat and WMS), 3,5k power and a good tanky defense. Would use Life steal enchant on weapon for PvP (as i said, i don't want to be a regen build, so i'd like to try high life steal to tank while dealing damage, which obviously will require a bit of strategy instead of jumping right into the enemy group), but most likely i'll need a second weapon with some AoE damage enchant or may be with Vorpal (would work fine with high crit chance).

Power is not very high, but 2k more power, for example, would add 80 damage, while crit can double my damage, and if it's high enough, may be can be more effective. Compared to a destroyer i think only real damage i miss can be deep gash. Destroyer purpose is not really useful to me: unstoppable lowers your encounter powers, so raising it with that feat just makes them work normal during unstoppable. But actually if you use encounters during unstoppable, you waste the faster attack speed on at wills. So i prefer to use only at will during unstoppable. Other than that, the only big difference in damage could be power. 80 power means roughly 400 damage on encounters, 800 if you crit. and 80 on at wills. It's surely something (10% more damage), but compared to the 2k stat points i've to put in it, it's not that much.

Anyway, i'm trying to figure out how to maximize my damage in PvE with such a build. Right now i've no enchants, slowly building them.
    Which strategy could be good to at least be good in PvE? Like, for example, to be at least 2nd in damage.
    Pugs usually do not let me Group mobs together so that i can spam WMS on them. And come and get it is not strong enough to keep the mobs on me while my party Attacks them. Doing good AoE damage in these conditions looks close to impossible. Should i swith to single target encounters?
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    Saisem the all knowing GWF guru who says that 99.99% other gwf beside himself are stupid, LOL.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Lmfao saisem the gwf guru