Comments

• Options
    jaspadoojaspadoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the notice! I just added 5000 zen last night...BS
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like how the top prize for the charge Zen reward promotion is 60$ when there is no 60$ increment. You have to make at least 2 transaction to get that amount or buy 100$. Smart.

Charge Zen Amount Increments
    $100.00
    $50.00
    $30.00
    $20.00
    $10.00
    $5.00
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    I like how the top prize for the charge Zen reward promotion is 60$ when there is no 60$ increment. You have to make at least 2 transaction to get that amount or buy 100$. Smart.

Charge Zen Amount Increments
    $100.00
    $50.00
    $30.00
    $20.00
    $10.00
    $5.00

Which, since it's the accumulated total over the promotion period, is totally reasonable. Charge it in 12 $5 increments if you wish, it still counts.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Five days? Really?

I'd likely take advantage of this, if there were a paycheck coming in the middle of it. But I get paid monthly.

Will you be doing another promotional period on this?
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Five days? Really?

I'd likely take advantage of this, if there were a paycheck coming in the middle of it. But I get paid monthly.

Will you be doing another promotional period on this?

If they do, I'll bet you get absolutely zero advanced warning. So, my recommendation is to never spend any money on Zen unless it's during a promo. I transferred Zen to Neverwinter yesterday because I didn't know this was coming, so today I'm out of luck unless I want to buy more Zen.
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    Which, since it's the accumulated total over the promotion period, is totally reasonable. Charge it in 12 $5 increments if you wish, it still counts.

Yes, with additional credit card fees and no "bonus" zen on top of that.... joking.

It reminds me of Samsung paying $1B to Apple in 5 cent coins... lol
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    It's not an incentive to BUY zen (I and many people already have thousands in our PWE wallets).

It's an incentive to choose transfer it to Neverwinter. But once transferred, it's trapped (you can only choose to transfer TO a game, not from a game). This means if I transfer 6000 Zen from my wallet to Neverwinter, I can't transfer it to Star Trek Online (where a new kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ Starship is only 2000 Zen (think "Mount" for STO)).

THIS is the real issue: there are a lot of Neverwinter players who play other PWE games and already have a LOT of Zen. But, it's sitting in their wallets - uncommitted. Once the Zen is transferred to a game then it's committed to THAT game. If I transfer 6K Z to neverwinter, I'll have no choice whatsoever except to spend it on Neverwinter, even if that new shiny appears at STO or Champions Online.

THIS is what it's all a bout. The *committing* of that money to neverwinter.

Maybe it is aimed at people like yourself who play other PWE games. But I see it as aiming at people like myself also. I purchased zen on a weekly to fortnightly basis and have stopped for over 1 month now cause the game has become garbage. Gameplay is good, but the contents of the game is garbage. Nothing will get me to buy Zen ever, even a 50% bonus, unless they actually fix the gameplay.
  • Options
    derat08derat08 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So is this companion DPS? Heals by chance? - if its a healer it would be worth it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    derat08 wrote: »
    So is this companion DPS? Heals by chance? - if its a healer it would be worth it.

What it does has been added to both the first post of this thread and the other info sticky.

Edit: It's a quickling, and anyone who's been in Sharandar probably knows that what quicklings do best is stab! stab!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kaoxveedkaoxveed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh hey look another head item that will just clip into my face. It would be nice to wear helmets without my jaw jutting through the front of them...
  • Options
    kaoxveedkaoxveed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    razzerburn wrote: »
    Nevermind :( Just another money grab in a game where cash shop items are way overpriced. Even given stuff away for free to get you to buy zen and commit it to the game is nothing more then bad taste. Now if they reduced companion and mount training by 50% (IMO 75%) then just maybe this wouldn't disgust me so much. Attention Developers if you reduced zen shop items by 50% now you could still save your game. Because it is better to have 500 people buying stuff with zen at 50% off then 100 at full price. To bad, really enjoy this game.

Agree completely, when they are charging outrageous prices for inventory space, there is something seriously wrong. I have no intention to spend any money myself unless it is changed.
  • Options
    stealthseriesstealthseries Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A green mount for 30 bucks?

What is WRONG with these people?!

well the mount is kinda just something you get along with the zen. So for people who are going to buy the zen anyway it's a deal.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    basically you pay 3k zen for a uncommon mount but you actually need over 3400 zen to upgrade it to epic.

so if you look at it this way its 3400-3500 zen for epic portal hound mount, and 7000 for epic mount + companion.

if you plan to use your zen on other things pretend these freebies are non-existant (unless you can sell them for a little bit more AD).
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    vonimpslappervonimpslapper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great a rewards promotion for a limited time only that rewards ppl who pay more hard earned out rather than those who have paid out from the early days. You know the ppl who paid money when the publishers and developers needed it most. Is it any wonder neverwinter is bleeding players. I might return and buy credits when a reward program that rewards the faithful comes into place until that time u can forget it.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That was the last straw for me. I'm out.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Or, just adjust your mindsets a bit. I mean yeah, I don't really want to give Cryptic my money just yet, but if I was going to, I'd definitely wait for promo things like this.

But that aside, they're holding this during the same time period that they're giving 25% extra zen for surveys, which have been (supposedly) gone through and cleaned out of any malware/spyware producing ones. I can't seem to find that announcement on the news page, nor here on the forums, which is slightly distressing because I'd like to link proof to that to anyone who didn't get a chance to see it.

Anywho. If you have the time, just do surveys. It IS all I do in order to generate Zen, which I try to sell on the AH at profit against the AD to Zen exchange rate to generate more Zen. In general I only make about 10 zen per AH transaction, but if its during hot times on the AH I can roll out an easy 200 Zen profit. More if the AD to Zen exchange rate is blessedly low (below 340).

Now, I also agree that things are horribly overpriced, but there's legitimate workarounds for just about any problem. It all depends on if you want to put the effort into doing it the free way, or taking the easy (to some, as I know cracking my wallet open can be a difficult thing) and ponying up during sale/promotional periods.

But this is my way of doing things and my point of view and not everyone is going to be willing to give it a try or have the time, I get that. Just offering up an alternative.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What is current situation about mount and companion?

They are both uncommon or 1 uncommon 1 rare?

If they like i wrote do we need to pay money for useless items?

Can someone enlighten for situation and questions of mine since; almost 1 day left to event ends.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Both the mount and the companion are uncommon. Their FAQ and even the beginning of this thread has been updated to reflect that a day or two ago.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ankabird1 wrote: »
    What is current situation about mount and companion?

They are both uncommon or 1 uncommon 1 rare?

If they like i wrote do we need to pay money for useless items?

Can someone enlighten for situation and questions of mine since; almost 1 day left to event ends.

It says quite clearly (after the original mix up). Both are uncommon, the face mask is 'rare' (which doesn't really matter)
    Edit: Woops, should've refreshed.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is always a bad sign when games start having these incentives to buy zen.

you do realize that this game is free to play and incentives to buy zen are just part of the business model?

if you were already going to buy zen, here are some free in-game items to go with it.
    if you were thinking about buying zen, well here's an incentive to do it... get some free items along with it.
    if you weren't thinking about buying zen but want the free items, well here's your chance.

if none of these scenarios fit your situation... move on. some of the people i see in these forums always have to jump in with their negative "oh here we go again" BS like you're the voice of reason. "buyer beware" right? how about buyer confusion? there's no doubt that while some of you claim to want this game to get better, you just want to watch it fall apart. that is the purpose of your negativity, your doom and gloom posts. you do realize that 90% or more don't even read the forums? you'd also have to be multilingual or hope that your audience is. who am i to say how you waste your time?
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed. Can't stand the drama of the play for free and complain a lot kinda players.
    melodywhr wrote: »
    you do realize that this game is free to play and incentives to buy zen are just part of the business model?

if you were already going to buy zen, here are some free in-game items to go with it.
    if you were thinking about buying zen, well here's an incentive to do it... get some free items along with it.
    if you weren't thinking about buying zen but want the free items, well here's your chance.

if none of these scenarios fit your situation... move on. some of the people i see in these forums always have to jump in with their negative "oh here we go again" BS like you're the voice of reason. "buyer beware" right? how about buyer confusion? there's no doubt that while some of you claim to want this game to get better, you just want to watch it fall apart. that is the purpose of your negativity, your doom and gloom posts. you do realize that 90% or more don't even read the forums? you'd also have to be multilingual or hope that your audience is. who am i to say how you waste your time?
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    On side of business you ppl are right.

On the other side of real world it is obvious ppl like you are ages 30s.So you have money to pay game with no thinking and etc.You pay and play for fun.That is the thing i admire.But there is one fact that ppl like you play 1-2 game and having less knowledge about game bugs,missings(anything that you may call as negative or smt; ppl in that community try to help devs.How?checking forums are better always.)

On thinking of that game is free it is place for kids(8-16,17).they do not have money to pay game like you but they do play it for fun.I am sorry but in any game number of kids and adolescents are massive than adults.Meaning of this is devs could consider all of consumers without making a discrimination so even kid of 8 will pay 10 dollars at least.Thinking of it 10 dollars equal to hmm 1k zen almost. What is to buy with these ?Yeah there is some stuff but most wanted ones are mounts as everyone know.Required zen for a mount greater than a kid could pay.For example; If mounts prices' go lower that will go more money in short time to developers.And every single charcter gonna have an epic mount.

You adults call this negative things on forum.I am calling it helping devs from here to make things right for their benefits.I am calling devs to take an action.

Why simple example and prove me i am wrong.I say that Warframe(why i selected this?Because at driver card sale that game and neverwinter have promotions.Also i was and i will in that community time to time.So i know difference).

I say that warframe community larger and better than neverwinter with only a single difference.

Wanna hear it?

They do care to their players,they do weekly(2 or more sometimes) twitches, updates more items etc

And one thing that game is free (and also it has a curruency called plantium which is zen in neverwinter)

Also there is a council which players included.And they craft frames(heroes in neverwinter rouge,cw etc) and if crafted passes from devs it will be added to game.

Also there is a change to gain discount(%25-%75) on buying plantium(=zen on our game) with entering game dailiy.

Compairing a communty where devs cares to players is better always than any community.

It is always easy to say 'screw up your game' on forum or without doing that leaving from game.

If you call ppl being negative let them try to help you!
  • Options
    rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    To me these rewards makes no sense, I'm yet to buy zen, but when I do it'll be to buy a tier 3 mount and epic companion, what am I'm supposed to do with these prizes then? They look cool, but that's not enough.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nuts..would have been nice surprise for the kids..day late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.