test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Charge Rewards program - 9/19 to 9/23

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: Rewards will be sent this Friday, 09/27, at 12pm PDT (Pacific).

Hey adventurers,

We're excited to introduce the Charge Rewards program into Neverwinter. Starting now until 10am on 09/23/13, transferring Zen into the game will earn you some awesome rewards! Have questions? Please check out our FAQ first!

Get Zen here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge
Transfer Zen into Neverwinter here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet

Here's what you will earn:

Transfer 6,000 Zen into Neverwinter and earn all three items below.
Transfer 3,000 Zen into Neverwinter and earn the Fey Wolf Mount and Sun Mask.
Transfer 500 Zen into Neverwinter and earn a Sun Mask.
Quickling Companion
7c0a39ac14f635cfd3a3ad65e10cc1f91379454964.jpg

Description:
A creature of speed and wit who uses any tactic or ally to kill and trap prey.

Rarity: Uncommon (Upgradeable to Epic)
Type: Striker

Skills:
Sprinting Strike: Spring at a foe to deal damage
Quick Cuts: Slash the target multiple time in rapid succession, knocking the target back.
Fey Speed: Quick Cuts hits to additional times.
Fey Wolf Mount
08f6d0b6ca73ea42d7bc42aafdf05d731379455238.jpg

Rarity: Uncommon (Upgradeable to Epic)

Description: A wolf from the exotic Feywild. While wolves are typically fearful of human settlements, this wolf has been trained from a young age to be trustful of riders.
Sun Mask
a8e9a0fca04c1eeba3d0c9e3022d8a911379455305.jpg

Rarity: Rare

Description: A simple bandana to wear as a mask with stylized sun painted on.

To learn more, please check out our new blog post: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=980611.

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What kind of mount is the wolf? Blue? Purple?
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Which is the thing I think everyone wants to know, since it wasn't answered in the FAQs. That, I imagine, would be the most frequently asked question.

Glad to know these are account wide prizes though.

Edit: Also, does the zen have to be transfered in BULK at those amounts, or will it tally over the week's time? I'm a survey-doer, and if I need to start saving my Zen in bulks for this, I'd like to know.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I'd like to know the rank of both the companion and the mount. Is the investment here roughly in line with buying a $60 pack (which gets you both the 110% speed mount and an account-wide purple companion), except that instead of an array of other goodies, you then get to choose how to use your 6000 Zen?

If so, it is tempting.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ah, info Viz-a-viz FB

"The Quickling Companion is an Epic companion, the mount is an Uncommon mount that's upgradable to Epic."

Pffft.... yeah, so are the mounts you can get in game X3. Oh well.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    50% speed mount? Hmm... less tempting, but it does look cool. (Brings us back to the argument that the cost of mount training is ridiculous.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Those were the must-needed FAQs indeed.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Ah, info Viz-a-viz FB

"The Quickling Companion is an Epic companion, the mount is an Uncommon mount that's upgradable to Epic."

Pffft.... yeah, so are the mounts you can get in game X3. Oh well.

The post I see says:

"The Quickling companion and Fey Wolf are both Uncommon and are upgradable to Epic quality!"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A green mount for 30 bucks?

What is WRONG with these people?!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The post I see says:

"The Quickling companion and Fey Wolf are both Uncommon and are upgradable to Epic quality!"

You'll notice that post says Edited. So they fubbed their information.

"Neverwinter The Quickling Companion is an Epic companion, the mount is an Uncommon mount that's upgradable to Epic.
    13 minutes ago

Neverwinter The Quickling companion and Fey Wolf are both Uncommon and are upgradable to Epic quality!
    6 minutes ago"

But yeah you're right :3.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeeeaaah. Even if it is a green mount across all accounts, it's still just a green. Although it does look hella cool. Perhaps they were riding on that factor?

Oh well. Profession booster packs are on sale, right now. Dont know why. 45 zen off.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I intended to charge some Zen to get profession packs. Now, if this is the case, I'll wait until this "Rewards" program ends so I don't get accidentally stuck with worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Or I'll spend my dollars somewhere else. This is insulting.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A green mount for 30 bucks?

What is WRONG with these people?!

Not saying it is worth it, but it is a bonus for transferring $30 to the game so you can still spend that zen on something else.
    I intended to charge some Zen to get profession packs. Now, if this is the case, I'll wait until this "Rewards" program ends so I don't accidentaly stuck with worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Or I'll spend my dollars somewhere else. This is insulting.

Or you could simply not redeem the items from the reward vendor.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, they've added the green text to designate both items as uncommon quality.

So nothing near the value of outright buying a $60 pack, but not an awful perk if you were going to transfer the Zen anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I intended to charge some Zen to get profession packs. Now, if this is the case, I'll wait until this "Rewards" program ends so I don't get accidentally stuck with worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Or I'll spend my dollars somewhere else. This is insulting.

So don't claim them. You don't have to put them in your inventory if you don't want to.

I wouldn't buy Zen right now just to get this stuff, but if you were going to anyway it seems like a terrible reason to wait.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2013
    This is a purchase, even if disguised as a bonus. And they'll be bound. On top of it, you'll have to spend more AD to upgrade. Win-win for them.

They should have tried with a fresh carrot, not a rotten one.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This requires clarification, please: it this GUARANTEED or is it CHANCE?
    (Just a Lockbox by another name)?

Remember: 6000 Zen is $60.00 U.S. ~cough~

First you say:
    We're excited to introduce the Charge Rewards program into Neverwinter. Starting now until 10am on 09/23/13, transferring Zen into the game could earn you some awesome rewards!

Meaning it's a GAMBLE just like lockboxes (it's a GAME OF CHANCE)
    Then you say:
    Here's what you could earn:
    THEN you say:
    Transfer 6,000 Zen into Neverwinter and earn all three items below.
    Transfer 3,000 Zen into Neverwinter and earn the Fey Wolf Mount and Sun Mask.
    Transfer 500 Zen into Neverwinter and earn a Sun Mask.
    Which implies YOU *WILL* GET THIS if you DO THAT.

CLARIFY PLEASE.

I have more than thousands of Zen in my wallet. But I only transfer to STO and CO because of the whole companion SNAFU, and frankly, there's nothing special about what you;re offering. Since Zen transfers to games are *permanent* - it is GUARANTEED I will get this stuff is I make this transfer? If that's a YES then I'll do it.

If it's NOT a GUARANTEE then it comes down to fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice, shame on ME. Let's make things crystal clear, here.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Of course they'll be bound. Account unlock stuff is always bound.

It's a purchase to the effect that it's intended to tempt people to buy Zen when they may not have been planning to do so.

It's a bonus to the effect that you still have that Zen to then spend on anything you want.

It's just a much less cool promotion than it initially looked like.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    You'll notice that post says Edited. So they fubbed their information.

"Neverwinter The Quickling Companion is an Epic companion, the mount is an Uncommon mount that's upgradable to Epic.
    13 minutes ago

Neverwinter The Quickling companion and Fey Wolf are both Uncommon and are upgradable to Epic quality!
    6 minutes ago"

But yeah you're right :3.

Yeah, I upgraded my companion and I forgot it was Uncommon as the base rarity. I admit that was my fault which is why I edited the post. I'll post the full stats in a bit. I'm grabbing the information now.
  • Options
    razzerburnrazzerburn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nevermind :( Just another money grab in a game where cash shop items are way overpriced. Even given stuff away for free to get you to buy zen and commit it to the game is nothing more then bad taste. Now if they reduced companion and mount training by 50% (IMO 75%) then just maybe this wouldn't disgust me so much. Attention Developers if you reduced zen shop items by 50% now you could still save your game. Because it is better to have 500 people buying stuff with zen at 50% off then 100 at full price. To bad, really enjoy this game.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, does the transfer have to be all at once, or is it the total amount transferred during this event?
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well I'm glad that I'm not tempted since I has no monies, but the booster sale sounds good. Maybe Even lower AH prices.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Uncommon. Green, but upgradable to Purple.
    Which is the thing I think everyone wants to know, since it wasn't answered in the FAQs. That, I imagine, would be the most frequently asked question.

Glad to know these are account wide prizes though.

Edit: Also, does the zen have to be transfered in BULK at those amounts, or will it tally over the week's time? I'm a survey-doer, and if I need to start saving my Zen in bulks for this, I'd like to know.

Tallies over the promotional period.
    Yeah, I'd like to know the rank of both the companion and the mount. Is the investment here roughly in line with buying a $60 pack (which gets you both the 110% speed mount and an account-wide purple companion), except that instead of an array of other goodies, you then get to choose how to use your 6000 Zen?

If so, it is tempting.

That's correct. Transfer up to 6,000 Zen to you receive all three rewards then you can spend the 6,000 on anything in the Zen Market.
    50% speed mount? Hmm... less tempting, but it does look cool. (Brings us back to the argument that the cost of mount training is ridiculous.)
    Those were the must-needed FAQs indeed.

It took some time. I'm gathering up any questions and upgrading the FAQ and this thread as I go along.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This requires clarification, please: it this GUARANTEED or is it CHANCE?
    (Just a Lockbox by another name)?

Remember: 6000 Zen is $60.00 U.S. ~cough~

First you say:

Then you say:

THEN you say:

Which implies YOU *WILL* GET THIS if you DO THAT.

CLARIFY PLEASE.

I have more than thousands of Zen in my wallet. But I only transfer to STO and CO because of the whole companion SNAFU, and frankly, there's nothing special about what you;re offering. Since Zen transfers to games are *permanent* - it is GUARANTEED I will get this stuff is I make this transfer? If that's a YES then I'll do it.

If it's NOT a GUARANTEE then it comes down to fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice, shame on ME. Let's make things crystal clear, here.

It's a guarantee. I wrote could to imply that you could get all 3 items by transferring 6,000 Zen, but even at 3,000 Zen you'll receive both the mount and Sun Mask, or at 500, you'll receive the Sun Mask guaranteed.
    razzerburn wrote: »
    Where do they confirm the rank of companion and mount?

Companion and mount are both Uncommon, but upgradeable to Epic (purple).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    echokazul wrote: »
    So, does the transfer have to be all at once, or is it the total amount transferred during this event?

Total amount transferred during this promotional period. It will end on 09/23 at 10am.
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    razzerburn wrote: »
    Nevermind :( Just another money grab in a game where cash shop items are way overpriced. Even given stuff away for free to get you to buy zen and commit it to the game is nothing more then bad taste. Now if they reduced companion and mount training by 50% (IMO 75%) then just maybe this wouldn't disgust me so much. Attention Developers if you reduced zen shop items by 50% now you could still save your game. Because it is better to have 500 people buying stuff with zen at 50% off then 100 at full price. To bad, really enjoy this game.

Do you really enjoy it? Man you seem way over stressed about freebies. So buying zen and getting nothing but the zen or buying zen and getting free ****, hmmmm? Everyone in this game does not need a premium epic mount and if they want it save and buy it. Just like stone, cat, upgrading companions, transmuting. You make these things all cheap and easy to obtain and what do you have to work for? Some may not agree, **** most may now agree. THIS IS LIFE! You want the finer things EARN THEM or die trying!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's a guarantee. I wrote could to imply that you could get all 3 items by transferring 6,000 Zen, but even at 3,000 Zen you'll receive both the mount and Sun Mask, or at 500, you'll receive the Sun Mask guaranteed.

I figured as much, but let's be honest: wordplay has bitten us in the derriere [sic] before. (funky spelling for funky alphabet goofing with funky forums)

Thank you for clarifying that it IS a guarantee (once the qualifying is met). This, at least, moves it into my "for consideration" frame of mind. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Considered.

I'd do it for a BLUE mount.

OR - if mounts got their own inventory tab (or placed in another tab generally) so that keeping multiple mounts weren't so painful to do. I s'pose it's going to be that new STO Tactical Warbird Carrier after all. heheheh
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I was very interested in this until I read it. Green Mount and Companion would cost a fortune to upgrade on each character. The Zen you purchase wouldn't even cover the cost on 3 toons. What a terrible idea. The Sun mask is pretty sad because many people already have this item. Technically the items are free so I really shouldn't complain too much, but I have absolutely no need for Zen so in all reality it would cost me $60 to "BUY" these low quality items. Passing on this one.

They are really pushing this whole "Upgrade" thing too far. We keep getting "Free" green items (Pigs and these ones) because they know people will pay to upgrade the items (Just look at all the rank 3 pigs). It is a shame because if the items in this offer were epic quality many more people would purchase them.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is always a bad sign when games start having these incentives to buy zen.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is always a bad sign when games start having these incentives to buy zen.

It's not an incentive to BUY zen (I and many people already have thousands in our PWE wallets).

It's an incentive to choose transfer it to Neverwinter. But once transferred, it's trapped (you can only choose to transfer TO a game, not from a game). This means if I transfer 6000 Zen from my wallet to Neverwinter, I can't transfer it to Star Trek Online (where a new kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ Starship is only 2000 Zen (think "Mount" for STO)).

THIS is the real issue: there are a lot of Neverwinter players who play other PWE games and already have a LOT of Zen. But, it's sitting in their wallets - uncommitted. Once the Zen is transferred to a game then it's committed to THAT game. If I transfer 6K Z to neverwinter, I'll have no choice whatsoever except to spend it on Neverwinter, even if that new shiny appears at STO or Champions Online.

THIS is what it's all a bout. The *committing* of that money to neverwinter.
This discussion has been closed.