test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously, another mount??

Comments

• orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    Fixing things that are already in the game to actually work as they should would probably make more players happy than just releasing content and more than probably content with even more bugs and no doubt exploits too.
    I am just starting to seriously believe now the game as that many not working things it is getting beyond fixing.

The whole idea and concept behind every game is to Entertain the players, draw them in with enthusiasm and excitment to continue playing, offer chalanges to promote people to strive for self satisfaction of defeating and solving content and more so with MMO's to form new friendships along there exciting travels through the game.
    This game had ALL these in the early days but the direction it as been developed as slowly but surely removed all of these fundemental parts of the game.

Most dungeons are just not worth doing at all these days, even if you play for fun, they are that full of issues there is no fun at all in them anymore. The new seasonal events are nice to see but even those are full of issues and after the first day of excitment of seeing the areas the fun wears off very fast but some people continue to play them, not realy for fun, more because there is nothing much else to do.

We as players call our selves 'playerbase' but to the company we should be looked at as customers, the more customers you have is obviously better for the game and the compnay. once you hit lvl 60 there is nothing in the game that actually works properly to keep players excited and wanting to continue. It is not always about how much content there is to explore it is more about how much content actualy works and is worth exploring.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I think we're long overdue for a Wilford Brimely mount .... DIABEETUS:

http://i.imgur.com/PiH4LgR.jpg
  • twwhoppertwwhopper Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    give them time and they will nerf it, then he would only have gas
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    just add new guild features already!
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Semi tangent: What are they charging for this new mount? 4k like the Unicorn or 3.5k like the White Tiger and others?
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    swarfega27 wrote: »
    Semi tangent: What are they charging for this new mount? 4k like the Unicorn or 3.5k like the White Tiger and others?

It is 3500 zen, same as the white tiger mount, which i guess seems about right considering it is exactly the same skin as the white tiger just a different colour
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    I am secretly hoping for a witches broomstick upon which to hover.. and a witches hat to wear.. and and and..

There is that nifty pointy, wizard/witch hat that the salvage guy has. I've seen at least one player with one too!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sevdai wrote: »
    There is that nifty pointy, wizard/witch hat that the salvage guy has. I've seen at least one player with one too!

The wizard hat is in the AD store. Costs 1.3 million. Of course the Tymora event was giving out the armor and weapons from the AD store, so maybe a future event will do the same with the hats.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The wizard hat is in the AD store. Costs 1.3 million. Of course the Tymora event was giving out the armor and weapons from the AD store, so maybe a future event will do the same with the hats.

It'd be perfect for a Halloween event.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ive been lusting after that hat for some time now. I expect the moment I give up waiting for a deal and end up paying the full 1.3 mill for one on the bazaar. Will be what finally prompts a sale, and or, lower cost version.

I suggest you all toss AD my way so I can buy one and speed this whole process along :D
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »

I hope so. It's the coolest hat in game and simply cosmetic. 1.3kk AD? Cryptic is so sleazy and their business model is the worst of any gaming company I've seen. Put away your wallets.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And here I thought it was going to be someone complaining about how since these mounts will be able to go outside during the daytime, they aren't truly yeth hounds and how this is a betrayal of the D&D name and yadda yadda yadda...
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I haven't spent a single dime in this game so far and I've had a lot of fun, if you don't want to buy stuff then simply don't.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any word on a PEGASUS Mount 0_0
    I will buy it IMMEDIATELY! Plz dnt be purple :/

Purple is fine and all but to many mounts w/ purple tones to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys, just because content isn't released on a weekly basis doesn't mean that it's not being worked on. Some companies release content weekly, and some prefer to put it all in one big content patch later down the line.
    Yup and thats fine but i have to admit that im a bit puzzled as to why we are getting new mounts and a paid module when classes arent even complete. I would think redirecting sources to giving us the remaining paragon paths as well as fixing broken feats would rank higher than another mount

I realize they have to make money but it is a balancing act and lately i feel like they have been too focused on short term money making at the expense of actually finishing the game as it was at launch
  • harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    changing skin and shader dnt take time .fixing bugs takes time
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You do understand that these mounts and companions where made months ago. Before Fury even launched. There were screen shots posted from data mining weeks ago.

So, all this stuff was done some time ago and is simply being released a little at a time. This has zero impact on bug fixes and other development. Its safer to assume, if anything, the stuff they are working on now wont be seen till Halloween or Christmas.

Even if - thing is that in people's heads the priority at the moment isn't new mounts but serious bugs that need fixing. So if Cryptic shows us that they are more keen on releasing new mounts than on fixing things then they just make their players angry. Because at the current state of the game I would never spend 20-30 bucks on a mount! Why should I when the game itself is so unplayable and buggy in serveral ways? So rather than bringing new mounts (even if they didn't put any work into them at them moment) they should show their players that they take them seriously and mainly focus on bugfixing now.

Who of the players here is about to quit because he thinks he has not enough fluff stuff in ZEN store to buy? Haven't seen any thread about someone complaining that this game has not enough to spend money on and only if this game would come up with 5 more mounts and 3 more companions he will decide to continue playing.

It rather looks like they try to milk the cow at the moment - sell as many <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as possible and make some profit out of this game while keeping costs to fix major bugs low.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They certainly know how to make money but only seem concerned with short-term profitability; it's a very corporate, pump-and-dump type of mentality. Long-term business concerns, such as company reputation and public relations to improve customer satisfaction, don't seem to be a priority with PWE.

yup. a multi-million dollar publicly traded company that's been in business since 1998 is only concerned with short-term profitability. yeah, you hit the nail right on the head.
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    I guess when people like you apply basic logic

Yes, it's not the same guy working on both. We understand this. That's not the issue

Any employee costs money and the money spend on the guys making mounts could be spend on coders who could do bug fixes or on making new, proper, content

yeah basic logic tells me that it probably takes a lot longer to develop a mount from conception to go-live simply because that process can be long and tedious. and some bugs are harder to crack than others. you gloomy doomers think that pwe/cryptic owe you some kind of explanation for why things are taking a while or why they're releasing another zen store item and that's where you're wrong. you think this is some terrible PR move but i'm sorry to say but perfect world ltd has been in business since 1998 and have a number of games online that are still being played... i mean this game is free to play. you don't have to spend a penny to play it. but every time a new zen shop item comes out, it's time to post another thread.

basic logic also tells me that in a free to play business model, if i spend all of my money on programmers and cut back on my zen store production which is really the primary source of my income then eventually, i'm going to have to fire some programmers because i won't be able to afford to pay them. see what i did there?
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    perhaps that is what it is, trying to milk what it can get before the profit margins get too small.

The reason why i posted my comment earlier is that there are quite a few people who pay for zen, and among those people who have left the game, include those customers. which is a big chunk of your income.

You dont put money into something that you lose interest in, or think you will in the near future.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited September 2013
    harshaln wrote: »
    changing skin and shader dnt take time .fixing bugs takes time

i don't care if they're using generic wire models to start, each mount/companion has to be drawn out first... just like all the beautiful environments in this game. you have specific animations, some are unique to these items. you have restructuring the frame. developing the skins. they have to be tested. all of this has to be approved before they go live.

some bugs take longer than others to fix.

but neither of these processes have anything to do with each other. and both are integral to this business model. if you can't accept f2p, go back to spending $15 a month on a sub or $60 for your favorite first person shooter.
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    perhaps that is what it is, trying to milk what it can get before the profit margins get too small.

The reason why i posted my comment earlier is that there are quite a few people who pay for zen, and among those people who have left the game, include those customers. which is a big chunk of your income.

You dont put money into something that you lose interest in, or think you will in the near future.

i guess you guys don't really understand how businesses work. cryptic is a subsidiary of pwe. pwe, also known as perfect world ltd, has been in business since 1998 and is publicly traded. they are a multi-million dollar company. you can go online and look at their shareholder statements. really.

if you think this game is on a downward spiral... if you come back here in three months, six months, a year, two years, five years... ten years even. it wouldn't surprise me if it was still here, still being played. see, with so many other titles, if any of them or combinations of them are more successful than others... and logically speaking that's a given... then they pick up the slack for the others. with new content being developed for all of these games, it's like a revolving door... you have your solid player base and then you have the rise and fall of everyone else... new players, old players coming to check out the new content, MMO hoppers, people on their way out. after all, this game is free to play so anyone can download it and try it out. every single one of us did that. but even though some people are so disgruntled with this company because things don't happen fast enough or they're not getting constant communication from the devs about bugs and fixes and so they're adamantly refusing to pay them any more money, someone else is. and some might think coming here and voicing their opinion is going to get others to listen to them and jump on their bandwagon, but all they're really getting in here is people that already think the way they do. and they'd be lucky if 15% of the player base visits these forums. it's probably more like 5-10%. the causal players and the passer-byes...

you, yourself, are a contributing member of this community. i've seen your contributions. they're fantastic! but i don't understand how someone could be a contributor and then have such little faith in this company.

no one knows what the future holds for anyone. or any thing. but you know... some people get bored, blow through content really fast, get to level 60 and lose interest or not even reach level 30 and do the same. i've kicked so many players from my guild that never even hit level 14. but like i said... it's like a revolving door with your core player base.

so... there it is. take it or leave it.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    basic logic also tells me that in a free to play business model, if i spend all of my money on programmers and cut back on my zen store production which is really the primary source of my income then eventually, i'm going to have to fire some programmers because i won't be able to afford to pay them. see what i did there?

Lets be real here for a second. Very few are buying these new mounts. I still haven't seen a Dusk Unicorn in the game. I am sure some people bought one, but it is not like the re-skinned mounts are keeping this game alive. What keeps this game afloat is people buying Zen to convert to AD so they can buy stuff on the AH and the pack sales (HoTN, Guardian, Feywild). The stone of allure and keys probably make up most of the Zen store purchases.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, the guy who programs combat is totally the same guy who draws mount skins.

Well he could at least draw animations what connects with next properly.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Even if - thing is that in people's heads the priority at the moment isn't new mounts but serious bugs that need fixing. So if Cryptic shows us that they are more keen on releasing new mounts than on fixing things then they just make their players angry. Because at the current state of the game I would never spend 20-30 bucks on a mount! Why should I when the game itself is so unplayable and buggy in serveral ways? So rather than bringing new mounts (even if they didn't put any work into them at them moment) they should show their players that they take them seriously and mainly focus on bugfixing now.

Who of the players here is about to quit because he thinks he has not enough fluff stuff in ZEN store to buy? Haven't seen any thread about someone complaining that this game has not enough to spend money on and only if this game would come up with 5 more mounts and 3 more companions he will decide to continue playing.

It rather looks like they try to milk the cow at the moment - sell as many <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as possible and make some profit out of this game while keeping costs to fix major bugs low.

Im going to say this one more time. Because I dont think people are getting it. The mounts and companions being released are already done, they have been done for well over a month.

Going by the screenshots released there is AT LEAST 3 more weeks of stuff ALREADY DONE just waiting to be released.

Even if we followed the argument that all work on Z-store stuff should stop. And for the sake of argument lets say that it did, today. After today, no more Z-store stuff. There would still be several weeks worth of stuff already done and in the pipe ready to release. Should they just sit on it and wait till all the bugs are fixed so people think they are doing something else? Especially considering that all those folks you just shifted from Z-store stuff to other stuff wont bear fruit for several weeks as well. Fixes discovered today don't make it live instantly. It needs to be compiled with other fixes and issues, it needs to get put on preview for up to a week and then it wont get rolled down to us until it can be fit into the normal weekly updates. At best, this generally means a two week lag time for fixes.

So we have shifted everyone off Z-store stuff. Yet, there is still Z-store stuff ready to release being held back solely to create an impression that they are working on other stuff. And that other stuff, wont be seen for a few weeks. So while you have nothing quick to show for it to settle the forum ragers. You still have to explain to your corporate masters that this is all for the greater good because a vocal forum minority got upset at a new pony in the store.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013

basic knowledge sure, but in a business sense, their primary source of income are the players, the bigger your market is for these zen things. The mounts/zen are player investments. And the likelihood of investment depends on the state of the game, rather than the visuals of the mount, or how many mounts are available.

Also my contribution doesn't really matter, im just saying things as i see them. Rather than taking sides as some people seem to do.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    basic knowledge sure, but in a business sense, their primary source of income are the players, the bigger your market is for these zen things. The mounts/zen are player investments. And the likelihood of investment depends on the state of the game, rather than the visuals of the mount, or how many mounts are available.

Also my contribution doesn't really matter, im just saying things as i see them. Rather than taking sides as some people seem to do.

in a business sense, this thread doesn't matter. this stuff comes with the territory. it's the angry gamer culture. some people can see the efforts and strides that cryptic is making to make this a better game and some people can't. some people want this company to fail because they somehow feel cheated or misled. it's just like how so many diablo fans ripped jay wilson a new one for... well... anything at all. but this thread and the many others like it across the internet won't make a difference simply because there isn't enough exposure for it to make a difference. even an op ed in a popular gaming magazine won't touch this because it's all conjecture. people tried to spread neverwinter negativity on reddit about the nightmare thursday/weekly quest exploit bans and it didn't get very far. other reddit users spoke in support of pwe and their decisions for the bans and nightmare thursday.

it's like fast food. some people eat it daily, weekly, monthly or not at all. some people might hit the two for one special while others prefer when they bring that specialty burger back for a limited time. sometimes you get great customer service and other times they screw up your entire order. is your bad experience going to ruin an entire fast food company? nope. even if you tell ten thousand of your friends. why? because not all ten thousand of your friends are really going to care or they may have a different opinion than you do. maybe you're the friend everyone has that is quick to anger. either way, that fast food joint is here to stay.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Business: Now for sale Racing Stripes!
    Customer: But…but the engine doesn’t work right, the radio is busted, the steering is…
    Business: Racing Stripes!
    Customer: Why would I buy racing stripes when the car doesn’t even work correctly?
    Business: …
    Customer: Why would anybody…
    Business: Raaaaaaacing Stripes! Its like you are racing!
    Customer: *sigh*
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah basic logic tells me that it probably takes a lot longer to develop a mount from conception to go-live simply because that process can be long and tedious. and some bugs are harder to crack than others. you gloomy doomers think that pwe/cryptic owe you some kind of explanation for why things are taking a while or why they're releasing another zen store item and that's where you're wrong. you think this is some terrible PR move but i'm sorry to say but perfect world ltd has been in business since 1998 and have a number of games online that are still being played... i mean this game is free to play. you don't have to spend a penny to play it. but every time a new zen shop item comes out, it's time to post another thread.

Yes i see. You acted like an *** while displaying your own lack of understanding of this rather basic topic while relying on logical fallacies in the process. Good job:rolleyes:
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    some bugs take longer than others to fix.

Sorry but its absolute BS, every single bug or issue, exploit which as apeared in the past which as directly affected Zen sales or players being able to recieve large amounts of AD very easily, or valuable items ( nightmare mount and enchant bug) have been addressed and fixed near enough striaght away within an hour of being noticed.

While on the other hand , 100's of very well know issues bugs etc etc which only affect the players, as in non working feats, powers, gear bonuses not working plus all the 1000's of issues in the game in nearly every dungeon, all issues known about for months and months, are all just left and not fixed.

So forgot the excuse that bugs take time to fix we know thats BS in most case's