test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seriously, another mount??

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What about spending time about fixing bugs that were either never fixed for months, or correct the ones that the new expansion introduced,...

LIKE THE ENCHANTMENTS THAT HAVE NEVER WORKED AS INTENDED!!!

Too challenging for you? Like a sort function any programmer learns in Computer Programming 101?
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ^^ Agree, it is seriously getting beyond a joke now, whats the point have having a new mount if the actual game is fastly getting to be unplayable.
    Obviously all the Dev's can actualy successfully do right is reskin fluff items that are already in the game, sad times
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, the guy who programs combat is totally the same guy who draws mount skins.

And mounts and other trinkets aren't already made and on a pre-planned release schedule.

Nope.

They're actually doing it specifically to see how many exclamation points, all-caps, and large fonts (maybe in red) will be used on the forums.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You do understand that these mounts and companions where made months ago. Before Fury even launched. There were screen shots posted from data mining weeks ago.

So, all this stuff was done some time ago and is simply being released a little at a time. This has zero impact on bug fixes and other development. Its safer to assume, if anything, the stuff they are working on now wont be seen till Halloween or Christmas.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Shhhhh!
    Don't spoil a good face-rage thread with reality and facts!

*grabs popcorn*
  • Options
    djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lol sorry but the rage was quite amusing... Also cryptic start releasing some of the other goodies y'all have tucked away ;P the other mounts we saw were cool but theres a few companions im ready to buy from y'all. One will likely even become a guild event prize.
  • Options
    masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes because we want the artist to be fixing the programming bugs.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Only thing keeping me going is wondering what companion/mount will be released for Halloween.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    when i see these things happening i just think, does pwe or cryptic have any business sense?

You get more revenue if you put people working on content to keep people playing/increase player base so they enjoy the game and willing to invest money into their account. rather than putting people into making mounts on a dwindling player base.

Why do you think f2p games like LoL are so sucessful? because they work on their gameplay weekly, bugs + fixes/balances and such.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    when i see these things happening i just think, does pwe or cryptic have any business sense?

They certainly know how to make money but only seem concerned with short-term profitability; it's a very corporate, pump-and-dump type of mentality. Long-term business concerns, such as company reputation and public relations to improve customer satisfaction, don't seem to be a priority with PWE.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If they got the artists that skin and model the new mounts to actually program the game, I bet it would be a hell of a lot buggier then it already is.

Plus without the income from the constant zen store updates the couldn't afford good programmers.

And imo the fact they are fixing bugs almost every week is pretty awesome.

I mean check that one other dnd mmo, they take MONTHS to fix simple critical bugs. We aren't that bad off here.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hell yeah, another re-textured panther XD
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Only thing keeping me going is wondering what companion/mount will be released for Halloween.:(

Probably some 50% reskinned horse colored black and orange , now there's something to look forwards to .... Oh and the companion will probably be some floating skull but instead of being the right way up it'll be laid on it's side , frightening or what ....
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Agree, completely ridiculous. As it is theres no character diversity, or D&D fundamentals, not to mention the bugs and enchantments issues. Yet 497 different mounts. (most in appearance only) It borderlines on insulting.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't care if it looks like a centerfold, serves cold drinks, and does a striptease for its idle animation. I'm not gonna buy ANYTHING from them till they have fixed what is broken in this game.
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Shhhhh!
    Don't spoil a good face-rage thread with reality and facts!

*grabs popcorn*

Dont worry be another rage thread about the same thing very soon.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    grimah wrote: »

You get more revenue if you put people working on content to keep people playing/increase player base so they enjoy the game and willing to invest money into their account. rather than putting people into making mounts on a dwindling player base.

Why do you think f2p games like LoL are so sucessful? because they work on their gameplay weekly, bugs + fixes/balances and such.

My points exactly. Their sense of priorities are wrong, hence the drop in players once they have reached 60. And NO, I will not grind AD (or spend any $$) to buy a mount that is just a cosmetic improvement over the one I got).

I still think up to leveling to 60, NWO is the best rpg out there by far.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    If they got the artists that skin and model the new mounts to actually program the game, I bet it would be a hell of a lot buggier then it already is.

Plus without the income from the constant zen store updates the couldn't afford good programmers.

And imo the fact they are fixing bugs almost every week is pretty awesome.

I mean check that one other dnd mmo, they take MONTHS to fix simple critical bugs. We aren't that bad off here.
    But that artist could be making new playable content instead of yet another mount
  • Options
    fallenlord00fallenlord00 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When will people learn that the creation of mounts and Zen store objects are a completley different department from bug fixes. I mean seriously, Shut up about what comes out in the zen store. Its not that developers who do the Zen items that do the bug fixes. Geez oh petes
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When will people learn that the creation of mounts and Zen store objects are a completley different department from bug fixes. I mean seriously, Shut up about what comes out in the zen store. Its not that developers who do the Zen items that do the bug fixes. Geez oh petes
    I guess when people like you apply basic logic

Yes, it's not the same guy working on both. We understand this. That's not the issue

Any employee costs money and the money spend on the guys making mounts could be spend on coders who could do bug fixes or on making new, proper, content
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    My points exactly. Their sense of priorities are wrong, hence the drop in players once they have reached 60. And NO, I will not grind AD (or spend any $$) to buy a mount that is just a cosmetic improvement over the one I got).

I still think up to leveling to 60, NWO is the best rpg out there by far.
    I enjoyed it a lot. More than GW2, maybe even more than WoW because of the combat system alone.

They've got a good core game going here. It may not be as open world as other games but the game has great potential, it's just being wasted and more important issues are being ignored whilst the Zen store gets plenty of attention it seems. I have no issues with items in the Zen store but it's starting to feel like I'm being pressured into buying Zen. If there were a select few mounts only obtainable through in-game, unavailable in the Zen store or AH then I think that would help one issue currently going on in the game with regards to feelings of accomplishment and self-worth.

With regards to mounts it's to the point where 75% of people I see in the Enclave are riding around on either horses, boars or the pig saving every penny for that 3,500 or 4,000 mount of their choice. I feel like the player based is being pigeon-holed down one route and one route only with mounts and enchants in particular. I managed to save up 3,500 Zen from the event during release and from selling garbs during this current festival. If it weren't for those events then I would still be saving week by week, one DD after another praying that I get something, anything worth AD.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I am secretly hoping for a witches broomstick upon which to hover.. and a witches hat to wear.. and and and..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I SOOOOOO wanna go vroom vroom on a broom!
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    I am secretly hoping for a witches broomstick upon which to hover.. and a witches hat to wear.. and and and..
    That would be awesome.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    I guess when people like you apply basic logic

Yes, it's not the same guy working on both. We understand this. That's not the issue

Any employee costs money and the money spend on the guys making mounts could be spend on coders who could do bug fixes or on making new, proper, content

Guys, just because content isn't released on a weekly basis doesn't mean that it's not being worked on. Some companies release content weekly, and some prefer to put it all in one big content patch later down the line.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    This has zero impact on bug fixes and other development. Its safer to assume, if anything, the stuff they are working on now wont be seen till Halloween or Christmas.

But the stuff they are working on now is still zen fueled purchase items. And not bug fixes. It's the Cryptic protocol. As seen in their other two games.

So the complaint is as valid now as it was in 2010.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

This is probably very true. and with this in mind, obviously we know both the Zen store department and the Nerf Department are over manned and thus resorces from these two departments should be relocated to the obviously well undermanned Bug Department and content department.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    This is probably very true. and with this in mind, obviously we know both the Zen store department and the Nerf Department are over manned and thus resorces from these two departments should be relocated to the obviously well undermanned Bug Department and content department.

PR department could use a boost as well ... in the form of actually having one.
  • Options
    bjowillbjowill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We need an inventory tab for mounts. I like to have a variety of mounts to fit my mood, but they are taking up room in my inventory. I am more than happy to keep spending money on my game as long as I have storage for the things that I buy. More storage please.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Guys, just because content isn't released on a weekly basis doesn't mean that it's not being worked on. Some companies release content weekly, and some prefer to put it all in one big content patch later down the line.

It is not realy about content being released all the time, it is more about content that actually works, which there as not been for a very long time, still nearly every thing that as been released since 'Live' launch does not work as it should, even many many basic things like character feats still dont work.

You can not even set up your characters build without working it around what actualy does work and what does not,..