test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously, another mount??

124»

Comments

• drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    This charge rewards program is a sign they are not selling enough zen. When a company does this its to bring in more sales. The decline in popualtion and people realizing how a f2p game model works are not spend thier money anymore.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drbaals wrote: »
    This charge rewards program is a sign they are not selling enough zen. When a company does this its to bring in more sales. The decline in popualtion and people realizing how a f2p game model works are not spend thier money anymore.

Eh, maybe. But I don't really think so. There was a thread or two complaining about Zen spenders not having a rewards program. Two weeks later we see them announce a special reward thingy. Some people could view that as them listening to their players. Not sure myself.

I spent a couple hundred when I started playing. Now I'm set up to get my Zen by trading AD. So the reward program doesn't directly benefit me. That's fine though. Might mean cheaper Zen in the long run if the program takes off. I didn't really want anything they were giving away anyway.

As for the OP and the complaints against them adding mounts. I can only LOL. As others have said, the people making these things aren't the ones fixing bugs. And as others have also said, this stuff was made a long time ago anyway. They just don't release everything at once. Not everything can be fixed faster by throwing more people/money at it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drbaals wrote: »

Actually you'll find that PWE has a big calendar of marketing promotions exactly like this one spread across all their games, there's no conspiracy or hidden agenda here (except the same one every sales business in the world has (The customer has money, I have goods/services the customer wants, therefore I must end up with their money which involve the customer having the goods/services)).
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    What about spending time about fixing bugs that were either never fixed for months, or correct the ones that the new expansion introduced,...

LIKE THE ENCHANTMENTS THAT HAVE NEVER WORKED AS INTENDED!!!

Too challenging for you? Like a sort function any programmer learns in Computer Programming 101?

Well, you asked for it. Here comes yet another mount, the hellish hellwolf of hell or anything like that.
    English is not my first language.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Only thing keeping me going is wondering what companion/mount will be released for Halloween.:(
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

It doesn't really get more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> than my white unicorn... :D
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    As for the OP and the complaints against them adding mounts. I can only LOL. As others have said, the people making these things aren't the ones fixing bugs. And as others have also said, this stuff was made a long time ago anyway. They just don't release everything at once. Not everything can be fixed faster by throwing more people/money at it.

What about letting some modders go and hiring more devs then? Seriously, the number of bugs in this game are going up, not down... and most critical ones have been here for months now. It looks like whoever is in charge has no idea how to keep up with the new bugs they introduced with that expansion, like these enchantments never working from the start, and still not working...

Fixing 2 (serious) bugs per week would be an improvement... I can't imagine how many new bugs will come up when they add new classes, contents, etc...

I am still hoping (or I wouldn't be here) because it was a great game before they massively changed things with the thursday nightmare patch... and release of Feywild expansion...
  • exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What about something for the people that have no reason to log in other than to invoke/do 3 dailies in the last area of malabog? Seriously, I don't want to run t2s at all, I've done them all way too many times. Same with CN. Malabog's Castle... there is simply no reason to do it. Anyone that can do 3/3 doesn't need anything from the 3rd boss...
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    exarkun007 wrote: »
    What about something for the people that have no reason to log in other than to invoke/do 3 dailies in the last area of malabog? Seriously, I don't want to run t2s at all, I've done them all way too many times. Same with CN. Malabog's Castle... there is simply no reason to do it. Anyone that can do 3/3 doesn't need anything from the 3rd boss...

Same here... Now it is even worse... I lost patience to do the Feywild dailies after I got my 4th boon... Now my chars invoke everymorning, and if I happen to be there while DD is on, then I am doing one...

Everything else is boring to death.
  • somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    I can't believe people still play this. I pop my head up here maybe once a week to see things going and now it is this. The game is still broken, nothing new, and an ever-dwindling population.

As if this charge rewards event isn't a big enough red flag. Their common moneymaker was usually to just make it free **** weekend without having to buy zen-- buyers would come naturally.

Absolutely amazing.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    I guess when people like you apply basic logic

Yes, it's not the same guy working on both. We understand this. That's not the issue

Any employee costs money and the money spend on the guys making mounts could be spend on coders who could do bug fixes or on making new, proper, content

This!

I have not spent a single penny on this game since the fiasco with the AH was discovered. There has not been a single new class or race released for this game since open beta. Yet we've gotten how many reskinned mounts and companions, and the game is in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor shape. There's no use denying it, it is in poor shape.

I ranted and raved about this game. It was going to be my way to carry on now that CoH is gone. But instead we've gotten this steaming pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from PWE and Cryptic. The folks over there should be ashamed of themselves.

Of course, it is all about getting a paycheck, and people have to live. But to see what could have been a sleeper hit fail in the way this game is failing. And yes, it is failing at what it could be. Is just discouraging.

I guess that takes me from fan to hater. So be it. I still check in every once in awhile, hoping beyond hope that things will somehow have changed. But I honestly dont see it ever happening. What a bummer. Should perk up the people at DDO though....
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to a poor design strategy. This game is lacking in fixes which indicates that the resources are pointed in a new direction (most likely a new game). I would further point out that they have a target income level for this game and once that threshold is met they could care less about making customers happy. Force the income below the line and you will get a response and maybe some resources will be assigned to quality control for a few weeks. In other words, voice your displeasure with your wallets and quit spending money until the player base concerns are satiated.
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ogarious wrote: »
    This!

I have not spent a single penny on this game since the fiasco with the AH was discovered. There has not been a single new class or race released for this game since open beta. Yet we've gotten how many reskinned mounts and companions, and the game is in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor shape. There's no use denying it, it is in poor shape.

I ranted and raved about this game. It was going to be my way to carry on now that CoH is gone. But instead we've gotten this steaming pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from PWE and Cryptic. The folks over there should be ashamed of themselves.

Of course, it is all about getting a paycheck, and people have to live. But to see what could have been a sleeper hit fail in the way this game is failing. And yes, it is failing at what it could be. Is just discouraging.

I guess that takes me from fan to hater. So be it. I still check in every once in awhile, hoping beyond hope that things will somehow have changed. But I honestly dont see it ever happening. What a bummer. Should perk up the people at DDO though....
    Pretty much where i'm coming from too

I will check back on occasion but watching how they've handled the last couple of months has been disheartening to say the least. Shame because at it's core there is a potentially great game
  • harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i can create all that cat family mount in 1 week from texturing ,rigging to animation with lowest poly-count and with fx ..i jus want to say its that much easy .that's why they are adding that much of mount contains in game ...

sorry about my bad English...
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't know why you bother. They're obviously going to ignore the feedback and keep releasing money grab junk. I learned that lesson quite some time ago, and I've been averagely happier since i quit this game, lol. true story
  • moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /ignore melody whr

Kk,lets let the bug dev(No plurial cuz there is obviously only one person)
    Fix Auction house , feats, draco, enchants,more pvp maps
    Wait till this is implented.im saving my money for another game (not made by pump and dump cryptic.inc
    Let them put their priority In the right spot, let the bug fixer earn his pay