test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it really hard to gear up now?

Comments

• l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    That is because those voting yes either refuse to actually run a dungeon or find a good group as outlined in detail in my post on the previous page. The fact that you now find it harder to purchase your entire gear set b/c of the supply and demand system has absolutely nothing to do with it being harder to gear up. Yes it's harder to purchase everything you want from AH, that's a good thing for those that run dungeons to make AD.

So it is harder to gear up. Because besides your subjective interpretation and assumption of why people voted yes, it is actually harder to gear up now.
    I am convinced people wearing the best gear in the game already are the only ones who think like you, to the point of voting 'no' when it CLEARLY is harder to gear up.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    So it is harder to gear up. Because besides your subjective interpretation and assumption of why people voted yes, it is actually harder to gear up now.
    I am convinced people wearing the best gear in the game already are the only ones who think like you, to the point of voting 'no' when it CLEARLY is harder to gear up.

Did the patch make dungeons harder? Did the patch lower the drop rate of your gear? Did the patch change anything to do with dungeons other than make the DD loot BoP?

The patch made the DD chest 3 times, if not more, more likely to give you the gear you want. The patch also made loot from those chests BoP so that your special bonus of getting the exact gear you want, can only be used for you. The patch changed nothing with current loot drop rate, it's status of BoE, or any dungeon mechanics. Supply and Demand post patch has brought gear prices in the AH up because less are being posted, so those that do post want more for their items.

The only thing this patch did was give you your T2 over 3 times faster if you farm for it, and subsequently it also made running dungeons just to get loot actually profitable again. T2's we're not worth the time to run them pre-patch, and even CN loot was steadily dropping in price while enchants we're staying the same price, making it extremely difficult for players to get those high end enchants by just playing the game.

Now you can actually make money on gear again, and just like before enchants stayed pretty much the same, so you are actually able to just play the game and achieve R8-9 and Greater or perfect enchants. The gear is the absolute easiest part of getting your "end-game" build and they made it easier, the enchants are the hard part, and they too have become much easier.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    No you can't or you won't be holding on to the old ways so mush.

I'll ask again ,Why should gearing up be hard or/and long? Better not be "it should be that away".

To make people willing to play on the long-term. This is a pve based game, so being done with pve has to take time, unless the devs want people to quit the game massively. They lost many players during the first two weeks, gearing up was incredibly easy, people get bored, and never came back. Happened to many people in my first guild.

There are gamers enjoying challenges. They may not be playing this game anymore because of exploits, but making it harder is the first step to make them coming back at some point.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    poll result still making more sense than the "L2P" or "join a guild" fanboi pundits, who are obviously out of touch with reality.
    Should know at lest your class and as for guild they can be great . But that not what you after or what your saying,your saying not everyone going want join a guild and should to play this game.Some do just come to for the pvp (if any)and don't want take a long time to gear up for pvp(and so they could buy set for cheap).
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Should know at lest your class and as for guild they can be great . But that not what you after or what your saying,your saying not everyone going want join a guild and should to play this game.Some do just come to for the pvp (if any)and don't want take a long time to gear up for pvp(and so they could buy set for cheap).

This is a pve based game and this is the studio's choice. The players can play it or leave, it's not up to you to make this decision. There are many pvp based games out there.
  • whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It feels really difficult to gear for me. In other games, dare I say WoW, if you intend to tackle something like a gear curve and you really spend time doing it, then it will usually take anywhere from two weeks to two months. In this game it feels like I've been standing around in the same gear for the most part for over two months. GS is at 10k. I would say that my biggest issue currently is finding a solid group as most people want experienced players in chat, whilst dungeon finder groups always have one D/C or players who have 8-9k GS, or the group will simply lack a wizard which causes the group to fail far too often.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    1 purple Weapon, 1 purple gauntlets. Then boss drop 1 setpiece of gwf and 1 salvageable item from dd-chest.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    Did the patch make dungeons harder? Did the patch lower the drop rate of your gear? Did the patch change anything to do with dungeons other than make the DD loot BoP?

The patch made the DD chest 3 times, if not more, more likely to give you the gear you want. The patch also made loot from those chests BoP so that your special bonus of getting the exact gear you want, can only be used for you. The patch changed nothing with current loot drop rate, it's status of BoE, or any dungeon mechanics. Supply and Demand post patch has brought gear prices in the AH up because less are being posted, so those that do post want more for their items.

The only thing this patch did was give you your T2 over 3 times faster if you farm for it, and subsequently it also made running dungeons just to get loot actually profitable again. T2's we're not worth the time to run them pre-patch, and even CN loot was steadily dropping in price while enchants we're staying the same price, making it extremely difficult for players to get those high end enchants by just playing the game.

Now you can actually make money on gear again, and just like before enchants stayed pretty much the same, so you are actually able to just play the game and achieve R8-9 and Greater or perfect enchants. The gear is the absolute easiest part of getting your "end-game" build and they made it easier, the enchants are the hard part, and they too have become much easier.

lol read bug reports and players complaining about their class being broken
    there are lots of bugs added with module 1 patch

GF for example i can block karrundax big circle but now it will push me far away from it even if im guarding (dont tell me that its damage is high and can kill you instantly bec block = dodge )

how can i farm equips for my companion now i cant pick other classes items from DD ;)
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    lol read bug reports and players complaining about their class being broken
    there are lots of bugs added with module 1 patch

GF for example i can block karrundax big circle but now it will push me far away from it even if im guarding (dont tell me that its damage is high and can kill you instantly bec block = dodge )

how can i farm equips for my companion now i cant pick other classes items from DD ;)

Why would you ever be tanking the boss in Karru or CN? I don't understand why GF's are complaining about this bug, they should never ever be on boss, they should be holding adds out of Wing Buffet range. You can take the gear you do win, sell it for 4x more, and then pay the 4x more for your companion equipement, same exact scenario as pre patch only with different numbers involved.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Why would you ever be tanking the boss in Karru or CN? I don't understand why GF's are complaining about this bug, they should never ever be on boss, they should be holding adds out of Wing Buffet range. You can take the gear you do win, sell it for 4x more, and then pay the 4x more for your companion equipement, same exact scenario as pre patch only with different numbers involved.

It's not only this bosses. Some adds too. If you bomb in the air because your movement is to slow to avoid so the attack and you hope to guard the attack to block the damage AND the CC of them. Because if you aren't able to do anything, adds gonna kill you to fast.
  • tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    Gearing up by playing the game (like running dungeons) is (at least in theory) easier. Just read a few of cribstaxxx' posts to find out why, no need to repeat, it's all there. The reason I say "in theory" is that obviously for reasons beyond my comprehension many players don't run dungeons any more. That leads to longer waiting times and a decline (so it seems anyway) in "good" players. It seems to be harder to find a decent group for a T2 dungeon.
    But still, if you manage to find a group to complete dungeons, it is easier to gear up (including enchantments! Again i point to cribstaxxx for the reasons)

If you mean "I want a full T2 set two days after i hit level 60 and i don't want to set foot in a single dungeon" then yes, it is harder and boy, am I glad that it is.
    edited September 2013

why does tank tanks boss? lol
    its not just Dragons that are bugged not just GF guard, research please
    GF can 1 v 1 boss too not just TRs

and buying items from auction house = lazy they said
  • duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    a GF friend of mine who was using the Stalwart gear is trying to regear. thing is we have done karrundax 18+ times and he hasnt had the arms in the chest yet. Went tonight and everyone in the group got to choose what arms.... he still got a lame t1 belt, this is just insane. Myself i caved in and got the AoW arms off the AH 3 days ago. tonight they finally poped in the chest. Talk about AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRG! nerd rage. ehhh all well.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Getting T1 from dungeons is a waste of time in opinion. Unlike in other games it is not really a progression to go through. You are 60, so you can wear T2 gear. Why bother with running T1 dungeon (if you don't need them for your learning curve) for gearing up when you will replace those items soon with T2s anyway. The easiest in my opinion is: Get the T1 PVP set. You can farm this in 1-3 days. Then mix in some jewelry which you buy from AH, get decent shirts and pants. Apply you rank 4-5s to the gear and you should be able to get a GS aournd 10k. With that you then can run and concentrate on the T2 dungeons to farm your "final" gear.
  • glanngalladglanngallad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Part of this won't necessarily be out of conscious protest, but because analyzing what you can get from the Feywild boxes compared to the Nightmare ones... it's just not very good. The coffers don't have the chance at a coalescent ward, however teeny tiny. The profession pack offers assets for professions people view as a horrific grind instead of a guaranteed income. I think every player who's not into that omgwheee-chance at a rare mount or companion looks at these boxes and goes "no, thanks". Nightmare boxes, you had more of a chance at something good enough to make the gambling aspect more fun.

You know, I can't figure out why the DEVs don't give you better stuff in the lock boxes and a greater chance of getting it? I think peeps would be much more likely to buy keys to get the items. Right now, my friends and I just sell them as trash.....
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The idea of the DD chest was to make it easier to gear-up, BoP was meant to get AH prices in check. That's the theory.

In practice though there are less groups (for whatever reason) and higher restrictions (gearscore) on players wanting to group.

It really isn't more complicated than that.
    edited September 2013
    K so I'd just like to share something that happened to me last night from this terrible BoP patch that never allows us to make any money or find any gear cause devs just want to make us cry...

I ran spider with my 9.2k DC (Lol no cares what gear DC is in =P) I recieved 2 useless shards, holy avenger and negation I think. Arachnomancers ring (sold for 16k) Dark armor of lolth (I wanted it for xmute possibly) Miracle healer chest piece from DD chest (yay 2 more to go!) and timeless hero armor from boss. Armor is up on AH for 1 mil buyout and is the lowest by a fair amount, if it sells I can buy my ancient weapon and offhand and be fully geared by the end of the week.

But after this patch it's just so hard to gear, I want to go back to where I could sell my drop for 100k... If you are saying this then you don't run dungeons. Even without the armor I got ~25k for the run with salvage and got my T2 chest piece that I wanted (b/c I actually get to choose now instead of running 30 times and getting 4 grand templar armors)
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Farming T2? As CW it was 1 or 2 week.
    This was with PUGs. With a good guild it would be much more easy.

Karru: easy
    TOS: normal
    Spellplague: Not that hard but long
    FH: very frustrating to make party and the final fight is hard with PUGs

Never tried epic DV though. :)(no set item here)
    edited September 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Farming T2? As CW it was 1 or 2 week.
    This was with PUGs. With a good guild it would be much more easy.

Karru: easy
    TOS: normal
    Spellplague: Not that hard but long
    FH: very frustrating to make party and the final fight is hard with PUGs

Never tried epic DV though. :)(no set item here)

karrundax = easy (sniper?)
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's actually quite ridiculous to get gear now.
    Also, any other item that costs AD.
    No one wants to be restricted to making 24k AD per day. No one.
    The drops of boss items were supposedly suppose to "skyrocket in price" after the patch, but Lol.. no. Any person with common sense would know that wouldn't happen.
    How many crappy rings and amulets do people have to go through now to get their set?
    Also, since I have my set, I NEVER do dd anymore. Ever.
    There are far less people doing the dungeon delve event now, and as yerune stated, the groups that are doing dungeons are restricting to higher gear scores. Meaning the people that actually need the sets from the chest, won't get nearly as much of a chance.
    The BoP patch ruined a lot in this game. I cannot believe it went through.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    K so I'd just like to share something that happened to me last night from this terrible BoP patch that never allows us to make any money or find any gear cause devs just want to make us cry...

I ran spider with my 9.2k DC (Lol no cares what gear DC is in =P) I recieved 2 useless shards, holy avenger and negation I think. Arachnomancers ring (sold for 16k) Dark armor of lolth (I wanted it for xmute possibly) Miracle healer chest piece from DD chest (yay 2 more to go!) and timeless hero armor from boss. Armor is up on AH for 1 mil buyout and is the lowest by a fair amount, if it sells I can buy my ancient weapon and offhand and be fully geared by the end of the week.

But after this patch it's just so hard to gear, I want to go back to where I could sell my drop for 100k... If you are saying this then you don't run dungeons. Even without the armor I got ~25k for the run with salvage and got my T2 chest piece that I wanted (b/c I actually get to choose now instead of running 30 times and getting 4 grand templar armors)

Lucky you. I ran Karru on my DC and won a negation shard and the DD chest dropped a T1 set chest item. I was like...really? I got a T1 set item for this? If I wanted a T1, I'd have done the T1 dungeon...
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited September 2013
    timeless helm 1.5m after they implement BOP
    all rot in AH
    timeless expired auctioned it again 1.2m buyout but still no-ones bidding
    the price will go lower and lower bec of the limited AD

ancient GF weapon before BoP 300-500k
    now at auction house 200-250k and no-ones bidding

AH is dead for set items
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Getting T1 from dungeons is a waste of time in opinion. Unlike in other games it is not really a progression to go through. You are 60, so you can wear T2 gear. Why bother with running T1 dungeon (if you don't need them for your learning curve) for gearing up when you will replace those items soon with T2s anyway. The easiest in my opinion is: Get the T1 PVP set. You can farm this in 1-3 days. Then mix in some jewelry which you buy from AH, get decent shirts and pants. Apply you rank 4-5s to the gear and you should be able to get a GS aournd 10k. With that you then can run and concentrate on the T2 dungeons to farm your "final" gear.

I personally did run the t1s for the t1 set after having the pvp set, basically coz i liked one particular set better than the pvp one stat wise and set bonus wise, but most importantly coz of the way stats are allocated which allowed me to plan my accesories in advance in a way they would also give me better stat balance with the t2 upgrade. So while im slowly getting my t2 pieces (still missing some) ive gotten all my accesories to ancient/grand status with rank 6-7s which could well be definitive if i dont upgrade the enchantments. and well using the free t2 wepons (GG) that ill focus on getting to ancient once i have the t2 set.

I really dont understand why people hurry so much on the t2 set pieces when they are really not that much better than t2s when getting good accesories with good enchants is more beneficial statwise (no utility slots), specially as u can get a constant stream of them that are planned for the future t2 upgrade while u grind for the t2 set.

And as a side benefit getting those good accesories will actually allow you to run the t2 dungeons much better without the need of the t2 set.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    I really dont understand why people hurry so much on the t2 set pieces when they are really not that much better than t2s when getting good accesories with good enchants is more beneficial statwise (no utility slots), specially as u can get a constant stream of them that are planned for the future t2 upgrade while u grind for the t2 set.

And as a side benefit getting those good accesories will actually allow you to run the t2 dungeons much better without the need of the t2 set.

Often the T2 set 4/4 set bonus is more useful than any of the T1s. Exceptions I can think of would be the old pre "fix" Stalwart set.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yes while i agree with the 4 set bonus, many use 2/2.... and im sure u are probably better off running t2s with a good t1 (im a tr a and master duelist t1 has also a darn good set bonus) and good accesories and enchants than with a t2 with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchants and accesories.
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I have recently started seeing at /lfg people wanting not only certain gearscore but also with certain set to group. That set isn't GG set.

Either that set needs NERF or soon I won't be getting to T2 dungeons, only have 2/4 pieces atm.
  • nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    LOL, it's just a game, take a breath, relax... I keep saying it's not an issue because:
    - I have a guild with ok players. They can help a lot.
    - I'm a good player. Really.
    - I read builds on the forums.
    - I know how to make my way to /lfg
    - I have a good friendlist, full of people who don't enjoy cheating (ie: great players).

Anyone can get several or all of these items. Being a good player yourself will make a difference in a party with average or under average players. You can save the run. That's up to you to become better, get more control/dps/heals/whatever to achieve that. Your build and your playstyle will make a difference. Your gear, not so much, provided it's at least purple (no need to get a set) with some r5 enchantments on it, you can win all the content in game easily.

And i don't complain because i'm human, i know how to anticipate change, i can adapt, find new ways, etc. :o

1st of all gurl:
    You seem to forget the fact that the other 1999999 players that are currently actively playing the game according to cryptic...ARE NOT YOU..
    Second of all gurl:
    Grantz on all your skillz!!! and all your exp!! you sound like a master!!! now plz try to do a t2 dungeon without a decent output of damage... lets say.... spider or fh or sp....but you have skillz!! im sure that that makes up for it wright??

Answers like this are just prove of how out of touch you are with the reality of the game and how you will say anything no matter how wrong it is to back your claims...
    And all you pundits claim is easier to get sets now and then you go saying you have under 10kGS (I'm assuming so you can back half of your claims)The train of thought on this is incredibly broken if its in fact true....Its like a Poor Starving man Celebrating how corporations are making it harder and more expensive to get food...its unbelievable..
    The matter of #fact is.... BoP has made horrible damage to the game the way it was implemented
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    It's actually quite ridiculous to get gear now.
    Also, since I have my set, I NEVER do dd anymore. Ever.
    So you don't actually do any dungeons, but you know it's harder to gear up?

OK, the question was "Is it harder to gear up now?" not "Can you still make as much AD from DD now?". People that actually need the BoP items from the DD chest have nothing to complain about.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    So you don't actually do any dungeons, but you know it's harder to gear up?

OK, the question was "Is it harder to gear up now?" not "Can you still make as much AD from DD now?". People that actually need the BoP items from the DD chest have nothing to complain about.

Obviously I did dungeons when the patch initially came out to test it, or else I wouldn't have posted at all.

As for people that need gear, see here:
    zokir wrote: »
    There are far less people doing the dungeon delve event now, and as yerune stated, the groups that are doing dungeons are restricting to higher gear scores. Meaning the people that actually need the sets from the chest, won't get nearly as much of a chance.

Also, making AD from DD was the primary way of getting gear before the patch.

Think before you post.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited September 2013
    Did FH on my CW today. Got a belt in the DD chest. It's very disheartening to get such a crappy "reward" after doing a dungeon, especially when the purple belts are for most builds, utter trash.

Yesterday I did Spell and Karru. Got T1 items from both. T2 dungeons should not, ever drop a T1 item from the boss or the chest. I wouldn't be doing a T2 if I needed a T1 item...I'd just do the corresponding(and much simpler and easier) T1 dungeon...