test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it really hard to gear up now?

Comments

• s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guy are missing one key part of the equation. Im going to assume most the people who posted do not take into account the fact that the "armor" is barely part of gearing up. Ive had BiS on 2 characters for months now and my "gearing up" was buying enchant for weapon/armor/offense slots. The prices of these were and still are outrageous. With the current BoP system farming AD at any rate that would get you to those enchants is non existent. Lets take a Greater enchant for example That requires 21 Coal wards. 2.1 million if you get a good deal. Are u kidding? How is anyone supposed to get 2.1 million now with the exception of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AFK farming CN all day? Now if you want to farm you only really have 1 option and let me tell how boring running 1 dungeon consecutively is. Bottom line is that this BoP decision was NOT made for the player but for the company. If you want to have good enchants pay them money. That is basically what this all comes down to. I am fortunate to have played since beta and already have my weapon/armor enchants with rank 8+. But for the new players hitting 60 their options to get enchants are really pay money or wait 6 months to get one.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    As easy as you make it.

You can buy items off of AH with real money.
    You can use crafting to get 9.5-10k GS then run T2.
    You can run Shandalar for rewards to get to 9-10k GS then run T2.
    You can run T1 to get to 9k GS then run T2.
    You can use DD to increase the chance of items in T1 or T2.
    You can use a smattering of all these things together to get there.
    You can PvP to get to 9.5-10K GS then run T2.
    DD lets you select reward so your chance of getting what you need is far greater than it was.

Is it as easy as when even the very best epics went for like 100k AD max? Of course not.
    Is it difficult now though? Absolutely not.
    Is it difficult to get BiS? Yes, because its supposed to be.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    Getting gear from running dungeons is much easier, buying gear for my alts is much more expensive.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    For exp player it only means about 1 weak more play time instead of 1 min to buy all the gear u need off AH if u are having a new 60.
    For those who are new to the game though, not much difference, giving a unexp player a full T2 and nice gear would not change the fact that he would still struggle in T1 T2, the DD change simply stop people from farming dungeons and prolong some players play time( mostly for the new).
    Most players who has been started since beta i believe have full set etc stuff so it doesn't hit them that much, even if they are to build a new toon, with the exp, and the capability to run those dungeons with guild mates or friends it is still easy, just not as easy as it was that is it.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    15 successful non-PUG T2 runs since patch, no set pieces, just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> belts/rings/necklaces:

-Karrundax (5)
    -Frozen Heart (7)
    -SpellPlague (3)

And yet I got those crappy bracers from the chest in Malabog... go figure.

So yeah, it's harder for a lot of people to get T2 gear (Guild of 120+ active members and only about +/-20% are getting set pieces).
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yes... and no, from one side loot chances were decreased but then again during DD event you can choose item from one of the sets (in T2 dungeons)
    edit: I'm talking about T1 sets btw
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    As easy as you make it.

You can buy items off of AH with real money.
    You can use crafting to get 9.5-10k GS then run T2.
    You can run Shandalar for rewards to get to 9-10k GS then run T2.
    You can run T1 to get to 9k GS then run T2.
    You can use DD to increase the chance of items in T1 or T2.
    You can use a smattering of all these things together to get there.
    You can PvP to get to 9.5-10K GS then run T2.
    DD lets you select reward so your chance of getting what you need is far greater than it was.

Is it as easy as when even the very best epics went for like 100k AD max? Of course not.
    Is it difficult now though? Absolutely not.
    Is it difficult to get BiS? Yes, because its supposed to be.

You forgot, you can get lots of AD daily through the Leadership Profession and Incantations. Enough that you can purchase a new item every week or so if you are active with the Leadership Profession. 9 Profession Slots x 1,200 AD (Per roughly 6-8 hours) X 3 a day = 226,800 AD a week Plus 6,000 AD/day from Incantations x 7 = another 42,000. For a total of over 250,000 AD a week.

Sure, getting Leadership up to the level to get that much takes time and effort, and if you had progressed the skill at the same time as you were leveling, instead of rocketing up to 60th level in a week and whining about not getting your Uber-Gear instantly, you would have level appropriate gear for your character as you progressed (Making survival easier), and more importantly, a much steadier supply of AD for anything else you wanted in game.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In theory it should have been much easier to gear up now if your intended choice for gearing was by running dungeons and not using AH.

Unfortunately practice does not always equal theory, and in this case it is actually harder to gear up for the simple reason it is much more difficult to actually find anyone willing to run T2 dungeons any more.

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nakzer wrote: »
    Most runs during DD:
    17 runs Frozen Heart - 11 successful - all gotten carried by higher level groups - No boots 1 Ring of Hr won
    14 runs SP - 5 successful - all gotten carried by high level groups - No helmet No rolls won
    AH for 2 weeks... No Helmet I need
    AH for 2 weeks....1 Pair of boots posted for 700k ... Can't afford them..
    So YES.... its harder to get gear now.

People that say its easier are either delusional,fanbois,or just blind and ignorant...

2 Karru runs: got my T2 Gloves, a pyrotechnic band and a vorpal shard
    2 FH runs: got my T2 Boots, cleric offhand, and a soulforged shard

pyro sold for 80k, cleric oh sold for 60k. Just b/c you're having bad luck doesn't mean everyone is. Pre-patch I ran CN 50+ times and only won an ancient roll 2 times, it's just RNG.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    simple reason why its not hard to gear up for some
    bec they have lots of free time to spend on NW, lots = more than 3-6 hours a day
    but for some that can only do 1 dungeon a day its really hard (only way to obtain AD fast is by selling zen)

why its hard to gear now even if theres an AH the item that farmers can get are too limited
    for ex i want to buy timeless set some parts are on AH and some parts are missing
    5 classes x3(set) x4(set parts) the last boss only drops 1
    see its too limited

all that says that its easier now are some players that has lots of time to waste on NW
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    simple reason why its not hard to gear up for some
    bec they have lots of free time to spend on NW, lots = more than 3-6 hours a day
    but for some that can only do 1 dungeon a day its really hard (only way to obtain AD fast is by selling zen)

why its hard to gear now even if theres an AH the item that farmers can get are too limited
    for ex i want to buy timeless set some parts are on AH and some parts are missing
    5 classes x3(set) x4(set parts) the last boss only drops 1
    see its too limited

all that says that its easier now are some players that has lots of time to waste on NW

I have a full time job and am married, at most I get 1 DD per day if I even do PvE at all. I have only ran 4 dungeons since patch as I said and have gotten 2 pieces of T2 and made ~150k AD in profit. People want to bash the new system simply b/c they can't buy everything for dirt cheap on AH, yes you will actually have to do a dungeon to recieve your gear now, boohoo for you.

I don't like PvE either tbh, but if I want my T2 I will do it to avoid paying high prices for it.
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I have a full time job and am married, at most I get 1 DD per day if I even do PvE at all. I have only ran 4 dungeons since patch as I said and have gotten 2 pieces of T2 and made ~150k AD in profit. People want to bash the new system simply b/c they can't buy everything for dirt cheap on AH, yes you will actually have to do a dungeon to recieve your gear now, boohoo for you.

I don't like PvE either tbh, but if I want my T2 I will do it to avoid paying high prices for it.

why add AD income, i posted how limited T2 items has become (prices of items increased but most of them expired ancient weapon for ex)
    AD is easy buy char slots train to lvl 10 then assign all to leadership prof i can gain 50k daily or higher so AD is not a problem

its not about AH prices so stop including it in all your posts
    DD event is same as before the only diff now is you can pick from 3 part its still 30/100 chance

if you get disconnected when DD event is 1 min or lower = goodbye chest
    if someone got disconnected = fail dungeon
    if your pt is no0b = fail
    finished dungeon but it is still not 100% that you will get the item that you want

TLDR: farming your own items is still same, but items on AH became so limited so its harder now compared to before
    edited September 2013
    why add AD income, i posted how limited T2 items has become (prices of items increased but most of them expired ancient weapon for ex)
    AD is easy buy char slots train to lvl 10 then assign all to leadership prof i can gain 50k daily or higher so AD is not a problem

its not about AH prices so stop including it in all your posts
    DD event is same as before the only diff now is you can pick from 3 part its still 30/100 chance

if you get disconnected when DD event is 1 min or lower = goodbye chest
    if someone got disconnected = fail dungeon
    if your pt is no0b = fail
    finished dungeon but it is still not 100% that you will get the item that you want

TLDR: farming your own items is still same, but items on AH became so limited so its harder now compared to before

Lol why add income?? B/c even runs where I don't get my T2 I make a bunch of AD, so if I'm unlucky and don't get my item within 5-6 runs I will have enough AD to just buy it if I want to. T2 items have become somewhat more limited, I have only seen a few set pieces not on the AH whatsoever though, and chances are they'll be posted within a day or 2.

If you are constantly pugging then expect fail groups!!! On the very rarity that I Q for a dungeon it's usually for a first/second boss drop like pyrotechnic band. Just find a group from lfg, those are still bad but they have about double the success rate of Q'ing. The patch didn't magically make pugs worse, success rate is the same as it's always been, it's just that now when you do succeed and get T2 you get a choice of whatever you want, which makes it ~3 times faster to gear up.

Ok when talking about getting your gear BY DOING THE DUNGEON. All factors pre and post patch are exactly the same EXCEPT that now you get to choose your T2 piece instead of having random 1 in 3 chance of getting the one you wanted. Even if you got T2 3 times in a row you could get the wrong piece all 3 times, it probably equals out to be more than 3 times faster to gear up, but it's at least 3 times faster.

So it is undeniable that it takes at the very least 3 times less dungeon running to acquire your full T2 set after the patch, there is no dispute with that b/c all other factors except DD chest have remained the same.

The argument that most are presenting is that gear is more expensive or harder to find, but you also make more AD by running dungeons and therefore can sell the gear that you do get to pay for the more expensive T2, works out the same in the end.

So logically speaking it is easier to gear up now than before taking everything into account.
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... less than three weeks after getting my first (and only) character to epic I'm now entirely decked out in purple gear. My gearscore went from about 5700 to 10,500. Total cost: 250k AD, 1 elven dungeon for a belt and 1 single DD for a ring. All of that AD was obtained during the standard campaign and the Tymora's gift event, regular use of the gateway, very few dailies and not spending any cash except for a stone.

It was pretty fun shopping and comparing prices on the AH, but hard? Nope.

Is T2 gear even really worth it for a few more points in gearscore? I should be able to enjoy PvE and most dungeons for awhile just as I am now.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why should it be hard/long to get "end game" gear,when they just going add better "end game" gear. If only reason is because it was how it done in the last game and the one before that...est...est... Maybe it time for a change how we gain gear . Won't it be nice to sell loot(all loot not just some) I do mean sell loot not just put it up for sell and hope the loot sells.

I'm not saying just hand it on a silver plate or anything like that. I have/had more to say it just easy for me to lost my train of thought if I remember more I'll just add to this post or just post again.

Ibf people make fun of my post and belittle it to death just because some can't get their minds around new ideas.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited September 2013
    Lol why add income?? B/c even runs where I don't get my T2 I make a bunch of AD, so if I'm unlucky and don't get my item within 5-6 runs I will have enough AD to just buy it if I want to. T2 items have become somewhat more limited, I have only seen a few set pieces not on the AH whatsoever though, and chances are they'll be posted within a day or 2.

If you are constantly pugging then expect fail groups!!! On the very rarity that I Q for a dungeon it's usually for a first/second boss drop like pyrotechnic band. Just find a group from lfg, those are still bad but they have about double the success rate of Q'ing. The patch didn't magically make pugs worse, success rate is the same as it's always been, it's just that now when you do succeed and get T2 you get a choice of whatever you want, which makes it ~3 times faster to gear up.

Ok when talking about getting your gear BY DOING THE DUNGEON. All factors pre and post patch are exactly the same EXCEPT that now you get to choose your T2 piece instead of having random 1 in 3 chance of getting the one you wanted. Even if you got T2 3 times in a row you could get the wrong piece all 3 times, it probably equals out to be more than 3 times faster to gear up, but it's at least 3 times faster.

So it is undeniable that it takes at the very least 3 times less dungeon running to acquire your full T2 set after the patch, there is no dispute with that b/c all other factors except DD chest have remained the same.

The argument that most are presenting is that gear is more expensive or harder to find, but you also make more AD by running dungeons and therefore can sell the gear that you do get to pay for the more expensive T2, works out the same in the end.

So logically speaking it is easier to gear up now than before taking everything into account.

adding AD income again i already said that it is not not problem
    farming your own gears is harder now
    before BoP patch
    if youre farming armor you can sell it on AH then buy gloves and boots
    if you got timeless you can sell it on AH and buy regent or general

the problem now is the BoE supply on AH
    just checked AH and theres no timeless helm (how many PUG does it takes to get 1 timeless helm?)
    how to calculate percent
    5 classes x 4parts(gloves helm armor boots // not sure about weapons if its included it is x6) x 3 (diff set)
    dont remove failing dungeons on the percentage and PT lead kicking teammates before last boss die

harder for AH buyer
    add bugged dungeons and nerfed to ground classes makes farming harder
    other reason why so many stopped doing dungeons is bec they keep on nerfing classes but not fixing the bug and dungeon
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Getting Gear is not a problem at all. Getting more than level one enchantments is very difficult. I can get the basic armor enchantment-- level 1, and weapon enchantment level 1 easily. However, if I don't want to spend money, it takes some time to be able to get past the level 1 enchantment for weapons or armor. It is also pretty hard to get past level 6 for gem enchantments. I am up to level 6 and 7 for enchantments, but don't want to spend money to buy higher level enchants.

I am finding most of the events are focused on appearance affecting stuff, the pig, the axe from the orc skirmishes, the shield from the Sunites. I do like the buffs from Malabog. I also am looking forward to eventually getting some enchantments beyond level 1 for armor and weapon, but will have to save up for a while.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    the problem now is the BoE supply on AH

You realize that is one very small way to gain gear enough to farm T2 right?

The only people this affects are the lazy people.

My alt is about to ding 60.

Take away any help from my main and he will still ding 60 with 1 awesome item from leadership AD (120k worth whatever it is), 1 item from messing around with PvP, one item from shandalar and finally ALL the rest of the slots will be filled with crafted +6 items.

I will enter my end game level 60 from first step being able to run T2s and skipping all level 60 content before that. That means it is still too easy to get geared.

Now yes i wont be able to take 100k ad from leadership and buy a full tier set, but even with minimal work i will still become 60 with all content but MC and CN being trivialized.

Now considering he is an alt add to that the 4 items i have in bank from my main running, any AD on my main i wish to spend and it trivializes it even further.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Why should it be hard/long to get "end game" gear,when they just going add better "end game" gear. If only reason is because it was how it done in the last game and the one before that...est...est... Maybe it time for a change how we gain gear . Won't it be nice to sell loot(all loot not just some) I do mean sell loot not just put it up for sell and hope the loot sells.

I'm not saying just hand it on a silver plate or anything like that. I have/had more to say it just easy for me to lost my train of thought if I remember more I'll just add to this post or just post again.

Ibf people make fun of my post and belittle it to death just because some can't get their minds around new ideas.

Just no... should stop posting the same thing over and over again on a daily basis. BoP won't go away.

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    2 Karru runs: got my T2 Gloves, a pyrotechnic band and a vorpal shard
    2 FH runs: got my T2 Boots, cleric offhand, and a soulforged shard

pyro sold for 80k, cleric oh sold for 60k. Just b/c you're having bad luck doesn't mean everyone is. Pre-patch I ran CN 50+ times and only won an ancient roll 2 times, it's just RNG.

9 ToS runs = 2x T2 body armor, 1x T1 Weapon 1x T1 Boots.

3x FH: One setring but nothing else out of the useless rings/belts. The setring sell for 90k. o.o
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just no... should stop posting the same thing over and over again on a daily basis. BoP won't go away.

Why though? If it just to make the game last longer maybe it shouldn't come out tell the "end-game" is done to keep people from leaving or at lest play longer then 1-2 hours .

Tell me why it should be slow other then that how it been done in the past that not right at all.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Why though? If it just to make the game last longer maybe it shouldn't come out tell the "end-game" is done to keep people from leaving or at lest play longer then 1-2 hours .

Tell me why it should be slow other then that how it been done in the past that not right at all.

Well... online rpgs, tend to take time. NW did not take, let's say a year to reach max. level and still doesn't unlike other mmos out there. Instead, Cryptic made it harder to earn AD /gear /gems for us, because they wanted us to actually stay longer than a week and eventually spend a few bucks along the way. I can get to lvl 60 in less than 10 hours, still. But one thing i cannot do anymore is, gearing up in a day, with maxed enchantments and companions and now also, boons, without spending any money. A free player, should never be able to farm maxed out enchantments in such a short period of time, at all. If you played any other PWE/cryptic games before NW, you would know how they use to handle the enchantment aspects of their games. Doing it in free to play fashion, takes months and that's the way it should be.

However, the latest changes added alot of longevity to the game, which in fact is a > good thing. It also drives away the impatient people, asking for: new classes, paragon trees, zones, pvp maps, gear, other items, on a daily basis - resulting in > more time for the developers to code their patches properly and also more time for testing new content. This on the other hand results in > higher quality products, with less bugs, glitches, etc.

Now i've told you, what i initially wanted you, to find out for yourself. I hope you can understand it now.

• s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wish there was a higher chance of actually geting a set-item at the end of a dungeon. I've done about 15 Dungeons during DD with my newly lvl 60 Rogue and still only have 2 T1-Set-items. I find it incredibly frustrating to find an obsolete blue item at the end of a dungeon like Lair of the Mad Dragon, a dungeon that is arguably harder than other T2-Dungeons.

New people got punished very hard by the BoP-Change, gathering T1-Gear to be able to compete in T2-content is difficult due to
    - Dead queues
    - Low droprate of set-items in DD-Chest
    You basically get a single opportunity during each DD. Forget about running two T1's, the queues are dead, sometimes you're lucky to get even one dungeon. The LFG-Channel is pretty empty aswell, most people are looking for fast T2-Runs or CN/MC.

I'd be ok if they generally wanted to make getting gear harder (which, even though that wasn't the intention of the patch, they did) earlier into the games lifecycle, but the change created a sudden gap between already established players and others just hitting 60. That gap is huge and can only be closed by players who already have equipped characters as they had a very big advantage early on. The problem is, unless you're in a guild or lucky to find a group that's willing to carry you until you at least have some T1-Gear you're screwed. It's gonna take you a long time.
    edited September 2013
    boo, deleted.

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »
    It's gonna take you a long time.

Took me as a complete n0ob like 2 months to get from lvl 1 to T2 11K GS /stone. I find this reasonable. However... I had a LOT of time in my hands, as I work from home. I didn't spend a dime and not planning to spend anything in the future as well (maybe only if some miracle happens and the game stops being "pay for convenience", and the 1% fusing chances etc. and zen stuff disappear), so I didn't get any boost, except me working rather hard for my stuff. It will take me a few more months however to get rich and be able to craft some of the stuff I need, or to be able to buy luxury items such as a nice 110% flaming horsie (gear comes always first).

I cannot advice other classes, but for CW, run that GG like crazy, do as many FC runs as possible for coins, and buy that set. I've seen people in it with 11.5K GS or so, impressive, admittedly their stat distribution was not good and their damage was kinda low, but hey, people ask for GS when they post in /lfg, and few understand CW stats. PvP and get glory gear to fill spots until you get full GG. And then, it's time to run as many dungeons as you can, and hopefully get the good stuff, while also having the opportunity to sometimes learn from very experienced people.
  • chopperjohchopperjoh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's been really hard to gear up my GWF because in the last 10 runs or so in T2 dungeons during DD events, stupid tier 1 gear has been in every chest. I don't even care really that it's not been set pieces, but to be continuously receiving T1 belts and necklaces is getting a bit frustrating.
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wrong order, pal. Green items > blue items, then you start doing t1 runs... and THEN when you have a good base gear, you can start doing t2 dungeons. Not the other way around.

What are you even talking about? I was referring to the fact that most people in the LFG-Channel are looking for T2-Dungeons or higher, meaning that if you want to find anyone running T1-Dungeons in that channel you're out of luck.
    The most I ever found spamming that channel for like 30 minutes were 3 people and guess what: We ended up queueing. Found Idris, someone not in our Party declined the queue, we weren't able to find anything else during the last 5 minutes, so we essentially did nothing the whole DD.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you have a guild/friends who are willing to help, It's much easier now. I got my entire swash set in less than a day. But if you are forced to gear up via queues and/or pub groups, I imagine it's a nightmare. Between 40min queues that can't kill the 3rd boss in most t2s and people wanting 12k gearscore for everything, the game is much more difficult.
    edited September 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »
    What are you even talking about? I was referring to the fact that most people in the LFG-Channel are looking for T2-Dungeons or higher, meaning that if you want to find anyone running T1-Dungeons in that channel you're out of luck.
    The most I ever found spamming that channel for like 30 minutes were 3 people and guess what: We ended up queueing. Found Idris, someone not in our Party declined the queue, we weren't able to find anything else during the last 5 minutes, so we essentially did nothing the whole DD.

You stated, that it is hard to do t2 dungeons with your setup. I explained to you, why.

• khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The way it was before, you could get all the T2 gear with less then 200K AD in the AH. No skill and no experience was needed, just some AD. You got into a dungeon with players that didn't even know how to play but they were all geared up. There was no point to blue gear or even to T1 purple gear. Now there is actual progression in getting your gear. Blue gear is not as rare anymore so gear-up in blue and start earning you purple gear PROGRESSIVELY, just as games are meant to be played.
    I think it's harder, in the sense that you have to actually do dungeons to earn gear and you don't have the commodity of buying it for next to nothing from the AH, but I think that's fine, it's harder in the right way.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.