test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So now you get twice as many petals?

sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What a marvelous way to annoy everyone who farmed petals for the past week and a half!

I have to hand it to the people running this game: you have an uncanny ability to make your players feel like they wasted their time and money. I can't wait to see what you guys do next, lol.
Post edited by sedryntyros on

Comments

• deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's right man! If I've had it hard so must everyone else consequences be damned!
    10PM CST

• faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry but it must be said...Why do you all whine so much about everything they do? My God. I do understand whining about bugs and about broken skills etc. but about them increasing petal drops? I have farmed my butt off too and I could care less they are now doubling it ....WOW guys this is life you know that right? It is not always fair, it is not always you who gets the golden ticket :) Get over it and have fun!!! That is what you are here for.

(I did kind of understand on the unicorn thing but again, thems the breaks get on with the show and no whining)
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Use your Neverwinter Adventure Card and earn double the rewards."

"What's in your Bag of Holes?!?"
    :)
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think you guys are missing the point. I don't particularly care about farming the petals, but I do care about the game I love going into decline because of really stupid decisions like this one. If you don't see what's happening then I don't know what else to say to you, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees what's happening here. It's pretty obvious to me that there's a serious deficiency in the decision making chain of command at PWE when it comes to this game.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is this a detriment to people who farmed previously? It's not like they're excluded from farming more petals now. You can spend them on things for alts, or for selling after the festival is over. Why in the world would this make you angry?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    . . . . . . I'm personally very happy as now everyone has a boost. Yes, everyone, including those who have been collecting for the past week like me. I don't see how this is stupid, on the contrary I see this as a good thing because the grind was annoying the living (bleep) out of me. I thank the gods for this change.
    edited September 2013
    Why is this a detriment to people who farmed previously? It's not like they're excluded from farming more petals now. You can spend them on things for alts, or for selling after the festival is over. Why in the world would this make you angry?

It doesn't make me angry, but I can guarantee you that it WILL annoy a lot of other casual players. There are people who spent all their free time in the Mid-Summer festival to get a Pig companion only to find out now they could have spent half that time in the days to come for the same reward.
    edited September 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . I'm personally very happy as now everyone has a boost. Yes, everyone, including those who have been collecting for the past week like me. I don't see how this is stupid, on the contrary I see this as a good thing because the grind was annoying the living (bleep) out of me. I thank the gods for this change.

Well, hopefully most people see it the way you do.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry but it must be said...Why do you all whine so much about everything they do? My God. I do understand whining about bugs and about broken skills etc. but about them increasing petal drops? I have farmed my butt off too and I could care less they are now doubling it ....WOW guys this is life you know that right? It is not always fair, it is not always you who gets the golden ticket :) Get over it and have fun!!! That is what you are here for.

(I did kind of understand on the unicorn thing but again, thems the breaks get on with the show and no whining)

thank you for that. couldn't have said it better myself.

here's an analogy:
    when new technology comes out, there are individuals that are willing to pay high price to have that technology first. people that farmed their butts off since the beginning of the festival have reaped the rewards and were among the first to have pig companions and sunite garb, etc. while this is a time investment for players, if you're droning through the game in order to have everything, you might be missing the entire point: this is supposed to be fun and entertaining.

now that you get double petals, this makes the special festival items more attainable. for everyone. not just the hard core farmers/grinders.

the fireblossoms are calling...
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    thank you for that. couldn't have said it better myself.

the fireblossoms are calling...

You guys really don't get it, do you? Guess you haven't joined any dungeon queues lately ...
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This kind of thing seems to be common practice. I've come to expect it during events. The last day or two seem to be much better than the first chunk of the event.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys really don't get it, do you? Guess you haven't joined any dungeon queues lately ...

i have. but i'm in a great guild with great friends and we're having a great time.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013

How crazy! A seasonal event is going on, so people are playing it instead of regular stuff that's always there!? Say it isn't so!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Well technically we queue. But it's an all-guild group every time so it's instant and we win every time. But then, it has pretty much always been like that. Where's the beef?
    edited September 2013
    LOL! Well, thanks for setting me straight, guys. It just seemed like we'd seen a sharp decline recently in the number of players but your feedback has made me realize how obviously mistaken I was about that. I look forward to those Dungeon Delve queues returning to their old numbers before the end of next week! :)
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I have not had issues finding groups whether Q or just people asking me. I think if you are very to yourself though it might be harder, I have in other games been a bit more reclusive but in this one really enjoy the people and so find friends to do stuff with easily. Good community and happy petal farming :D
  • riftizdeadriftizdead Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Because people farmed their butt off to get what they need/want and all of a sudden now those that are either lazy or never participate the event before have it easy to achieve the same goal. There is always some kind of competition in mmo and when game maker decided to do something like this of course you will hear people whine about it. It's not hard to understand why.

I never really care for mindless event like this but it's mind boggling to see people not able to foresee this.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are bidding time till they release more info on important things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    riftizdead wrote: »
    Because people farmed their butt off to get what they need/want and all of a sudden now those that are either lazy or never participate the event before have it easy to achieve the same goal. There is always some kind of competition in mmo and when game maker decided to do something like this of course you will hear people whine about it. It's not hard to understand why.

I never really care for mindless event like this but it's mind boggling to see people not able to foresee this.

Exactly. I'm very curious to see what else is coming down the road. I think I'm finding the mismanagement more entertaining than the game at this point, lol.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Being someone who has life stuff to deal with and limited playtime, I'm happy for the boost and was hoping they'd do something like this. Now I have half a chance at getting a piggy for my CW and shirts for all my characters despite not being able to play for long periods every day.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    they planned this since the beginning those who were on test server pre sharendar or who looked at the calendar would know this.
    I farmed since the start and im thrilled about double petals.

but people also said it was "a slap in the face" when we got the free caterday cape and title and pack including a 50 charge healthstone. they whined when they dropped the price of fashion items and dyes by 60 %( part of me wonders if they had not complained would they have dropped more prices). when it was announced NW had 2 million subs people claimed it was a sign the game was dying..

Why do you expect them to be happy about this? Sometimes I wonder why people play a game the seem to hate sooo much. but then I realize they don't hate it they are playing the game they WANT to play the complaining game. Drama is fun.
  • valeriob80valeriob80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I agree on this double-reward thing being a wrong decision. It's not a great problem obviously, it's just an event, but it breaks what is for me an important thing in every game: establish rules and NEVER change them unless they proved to be really wrong. There was no reason to change this, stuff from this event is already worthless and almost everybody has everything, this change just make petals even more inflated and useless. Anyway it's just an event, the problem of this games are others eventually (who said BoP? :-)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Relax, take a break, it's impossible to farm a pig within 5 days if you don't spend hours on the game. You'll only get more stuff with extra petals, not a big deal.
  • baleriondrogonbaleriondrogon Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    Less grind = happy me! Thx for doing this.
    " I don't know half of you as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve." -J.R.R. Tolkien
    hzcMHai.gif0SwPbeK.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The calendar has had "Height of the Festival" marked since the start. It seemed blatantly obvious to me that something would change for the final days of the event. I do sympathize with anyone who was only available to play during the earlier parts of the festival.

I chose to keep early farming to a fairly minimal level. I ran some numbers and recognized that hitting the dailies every day would produce sufficient petals for every one of my alts to buy their own shirts. I was willing to wait that out. Anything else was going to be perks, so while I did round up enough petals for my "main" to end up with a permanent waterskin and a pig already, for the most part I was waiting to see if anything would be added to the shop and/or how much would be left to farm up to get anything much else for anyone.

There are people who chose to go wild with flower farming on the first day so they could buy everything immediately. I view that as their choice. It was a long event, lots of time to end up getting what you wanted out of it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What a marvelous way to annoy everyone who farmed petals for the past week and a half!

I have to hand it to the people running this game: you have an uncanny ability to make your players feel like they wasted their time and money. I can't wait to see what you guys do next, lol.

This statement is not valid as a real farmer would get 15-20 pedals per min from the flowers, while even with twice the reward, doing quests will put you at 120 pedals per 10min (that is if you are ranked 1st during the event, for silver medal, the reward would be 6 pedals/min) which is still far below the farming level.
    So real farmers wouldn't be annoyed, fyi...
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    And if you'd bothered to have looked at the calender, it marks the last week or so as the "Height of Midsummer Festival" Whenever you see something like that you can be assured that other rewards are going to be added and some aspect of the event is going to change. Same thing happened with Valindra's Invasion event.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    So real farmers wouldn't be annoyed, fyi...

Flower bags will now pay out twice as much as well.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Flower bags will now pay out twice as much as well.

• wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I welcome the change. This is supposed to be an event for all comers, whether you are hardcore or causal. I simply cannot see why I have to work so hard just to get a shirt which is being sold at high price in the market.