Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.7

124»

Comments

• Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And another patch that doesn't fix anything. Wish they'd at least give us a response along the lines of: "We have heard your complaints and know of the bugs, we are working on it." But not even that. It only leads me to conclude that you guys are not working on it and don't even care about it.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And another patch that doesn't fix anything. Wish they'd at least give us a response along the lines of: "We have heard your complaints and know of the bugs, we are working on it." But not even that. It only leads me to conclude that you guys are not working on it and don't even care about it.

They did , in this very thread in fact -
    Many issues you may be concerned about are being worked on behind-the-scenes. Issues take time to resolve because they require lots of testing and verifying. Once the developers are confident the issue is fixed, we'll add them to new patch immediately.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Although it was stated earlier in here, yes there is a fix for GWF unstoppable, at least according to Panderous as of September 10th.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475741-Unstoppable-Bug!!!-FIX-THIS-ASAP

While I don't quite understand why they can't implement invisible walls (okay, properly impliment invisible walls) to fix exploits in GG and other places, I still believe they're working on these sort of things. Still love the game, working on gearing out my new 60 healer, and I'm looking forward to how this EXTREMELY young game continues to grow and evolve despite the general negativity of the community.

(They're still not getting a dime from me for Zen though XD. AD exchange and the occasional survey is the way to go if you don't want to be parted with your hard earned money!)
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Still love the game, working on gearing out my new 60 healer, and I'm looking forward to how this EXTREMELY young game continues to grow and evolve despite the general negativity of the community.

(They're still not getting a dime from me for Zen though XD. AD exchange and the occasional survey is the way to go if you don't want to be parted with your hard earned money!)

I am starting to get a negative feel but I am with you man I love the game and I just hope they listen and care about the community.

Ty, for heads up on survey I got a request in my email and ignored it :P I just found it again and am filling it out currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've never gotten an offer through my email, so I don't know much about that. I always go to offers.perfectworld.com to earn zen through surveys.
    I'm not fond of the ad-typed ones towards the bottom (the ones with the images next to them.) They typically ask for things like a home address and phone number, and I'm pretty strict about handing that sort of stuff out. Occassionaly there's a coupon or two that you can print out that won't require that sort of thing.

Otherwise the pay out (For me) is about 100 zen for 40 minutes of surveying. Kills the slow period at work sometimes, but until I can get an honest bang for my buck in this game, I can't personally justify spending money on it. I'm fairly content running around on my green mount =P while I save up for an Ioun stone of allure and other such useful items.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For me, aside from the other "fluff" items, any improvement in CPU performance is major. The game client pegs my CPU meter at 100% and causes major lag especially in the enclave. I get this in dungeons too like Karru. This is game breaking for me when I have my graphics at the lowest setting and it looks like I'm playing an old Atari game with everything pixelated. I have noticed some of the improvements in graphics on my machine lately, so you guys have my applaud at least. I imagine chasing all the performance issues down is a major undertaking and should take top priority so that NW is accessible to as many as possible in the marketplace.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, thanks for fixing the amount of charcoal I can buy, I'm sure that was a critical fix that took hours to reprogram.....
  • Options
    dullsmiledullsmile Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gateway
    Removed the Beta label to properly reflect its status.

This is still an issue... Not sure if you were joking or not but the label "beta" is still all over the gateway site. MIGHT want to try fixing something BEFORE you say it is fixed.

And yes, this should absolutely be a top priority, forget the AP bugs and ever increasing problems with dungeons, fix this first please, it affects my daily life.
  • Options
    lhyzzlhyzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I, for one, am glad they are addressing the performance and stability issues I've been noticing. I will be interested to see how effective the patch is at fixing those problems.
  • Options
    jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    The dragon bug that keeps being mentioned isn't exclusive to dragons. The tentacles in the Dread Vault are hitting (or at least damaging) way outside the red zones, and the Sharandar witch's transformation effect often hits outside it's red circle. And speaking of that transformation, if anyone is dumb enough to try to fight me and decides to turn me into a bear, I'm going to bite their face off. It also amuses/infuriates me whenever my skeleton dog gets turned a normal dog but then doesn't attack anymore. I find it hard to believe that my dog would be so confused about becoming a dog that it would stop attacking.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe he's confused about being an alive dog again?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cohrsolcohrsol Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for not fixing the Crash to desktop while the Cryptic screen fails to load.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thread is disheartening, not because of the content of the update but the response to it.

I am a new player with 5 PCs all of whom are in the 20-40 range so I'm unaffected by the "big issues" people with 60's are experiencing, but I am affected by many of these changes in the update. So yes this is a good update that affects a lot more people than the "vocal minority".
    a0k1ji wrote: »
    How come every time after a patch my Neverwinter does not work anymore. After last patch I had to re-install the game. =.=

I seem to be having the same issue, and so far that hasn't worked either.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lhyzz wrote: »
    I, for one, am glad they are addressing the performance and stability issues I've been noticing. I will be interested to see how effective the patch is at fixing those problems.

Thanks toady.
  • Options
    zaflartzaflart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Neverwinter is your typical Korean-model-F2P-Chinese MMORPG. It's no better, or worse, than any of the hundreds of others. It may stray from the template, on occasion, (no individual rankings, for SEA fanboys to covet), but it's still the same.

Complain, about a problem, until you're blue, in the face... It won't matter. They'll get to it when they can.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It takes awhile to do bug fixes, and adressing all issues everyone at once considers "important".

Thanks for keeping up the work on improving my gaming experience, Devs.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It takes awhile to do bug fixes, and adressing all issues everyone at once considers "important"

Incorrect , it depends on the bug and the cause, and more so to this game than any other I have played it depends on the "importantance" to them , NOT the players. Hence as we have seen many many times in the past and new bug which appears that effects their economy, benifits the players in a huge way or affects the Zen store gets fixed within hours without any essitation.

"It takes awhile to do bug fixes" Again it depends on the bug and importancy to them and them alone.

The problem i see is mainly a 'snowball' effect, I agree there was a few bugs around months back on the 'live' launch but not too many ( in comparison to now) and some of those bugs that were existant way back at 'live' launch still exist today, which is sad, even though they was well known about and well reported.

I dont think i can remember a patch ever being implemented that did not bring with it at least 1 new bug, Even patch's implemented to fix a promenant bug also brought with them at least 1 new bug or fault. this i am sorry to say is now what people expect , every new patch will bring new bugs and even new exploits within , its down to just how fast the exploits can be found and abused that makes the diferance bringing with it great divides within the player base, people who have or do exploit and have many many fully geared and greater enchanteed characters and players who grind endlessly with little to no rewards..

So with every patch bringing 1 or more new bugs with it, whilst it may or more than likly does not fix a bug it was originaly patched in to fix is just leading to a ever increasing list of bugs.

Seriously these days the main battle in the game is not game mechanics or puzzles its all about working around things that are bugged or dont work as they should or did previously..

even basic things like picking your character Feats has to be based around what actualy is working as it should do and not what you actually would like to pick..

The way the game is at presant there is fastly becoming to much to fix or even look into for the obvious low man power the Dev's have at there disposal, and the list is growing on a near daily basis, If they are seriously looking into bugs and fix's they are now too late and are fighting a loosing battle without a doubt.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thread is disheartening, not because of the content of the update but the response to it.

I am a new player with 5 PCs all of whom are in the 20-40 range so I'm unaffected by the "big issues" people with 60's are experiencing, but I am affected by many of these changes in the update. So yes this is a good update that affects a lot more people than the "vocal minority".

I seem to be having the same issue, and so far that hasn't worked either.

That red circle bug is not just affecting lvl 60's. I was lvl 40ish and fighting that one boss with the adds that attack him and me and he would spam his "pull" red cone and it said it was nowhere near me but still pulled me in and I died over and over. That has to be one of the top 10 annoying things in this game. Wish I thought to make a video but I'm happy I got passed it.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
This discussion has been closed.