test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.7

Comments

• Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They just deleted my comment on this thread!!!!!!

It's because i showed ppl how stupid this useless 2 hour patch is.....

OOOOOOOH Scary... Cryptic is filtering our comments!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw this
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    akanaro wrote: »
    And technically the game is still in beta.

The game is officially live. Could argue that beta should have lasted longer, though.

I agree with many points, though. The game has a lot going for it and one of the most enjoyable combat systems, which is vital since combat is 90+% of most players' game experience. Hopeful for continued improvement and bug squashing.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What's wrong with loamweave enchants?
  • Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    What's wrong with loamweave enchants?

ntn they suck
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The best part of patch day is seeing all the crying about how non-CRITICAL some of the items are. Just because something isn't deemed critical (by a usually uninformed user) doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed/added.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While I can certainly understand the frustration for some players as far as broken skills, dungeons and so forth goes I feel it is only fair to point out that a weekly update can only address issues that could be resolved since the last week's update. Some bugs might even take months to find, kill and test to make sure nothing else broke in the process.

For the general 'haters' population, let's look at what this game does right:

1. It's F2P.
    Not anymore since you can't make AD to get enchants that works, now it is P2W
    2. Anything that can be bought with real money can be acquired in the game with some effort.
    not true. unless you buy Zen
    3. Real money currency (ZEN) can be legally traded for game currency and game currency can be traded for ZEN. Very few F2P games do that.
    no more in game currency except grinding forever -> buy zen with $$
    4. Bugs aside, the game content is way better than many other F2P games. And technically the game is still in beta. It's not a 6 month grind fest to get to end game but a rather fast paced quest leveling system. Sure, it's still kill x amount of this and fetch y amount of that but you burn through levels very fast. If I wanted to nitpick I'd say leveling is perhaps too fast. I took me 5 days to get to level 60.
    fixing dungeons shortcuts/exploits and better drop loots (NOT BoP) will fix the issues most have making AD.
    5. It has a functional auction house, professions, queue and mail system. Again, you don't find that in many F2P games.
    Checked it lately?... nobody buys stuff compared to before the nightmare patch... the same items expires then are reposted again, and again... because no one can buy the useful pieces...
    Yes there are bugs. Cryptic will fix them in time because their income depends on it. I'd like to see some work done on speeding up the queuing process and more solo end game content but I'm happy so far with what I got for the price I paid. Did I mention it's free? You only need to spend money for convenience sake. That's super cool in my books.

Good luck with that...
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thiefmac wrote: »
    I logged into PE and there were only 5 different instances with about 50 people in each. At this rate they won't need to fix the actual game play problems because nobody will be playing the game. Too bad, it was a fun game ruined by a zen hungry company unwilling to make the needed game adjustments to keep players happy.

Exactly my experience as well... Hopefully they revert BoP (or make it a random BoP/BoE event) before it is too late.
  • Options
    a0k1jia0k1ji Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How come every time after a patch my Neverwinter does not work anymore. After last patch I had to re-install the game. =.=
  • Options
    blasphemous7blasphemous7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, i'm not a dev at all coz i'm still at school, but there is something i don't understand : how a new module can influence a previous one? A big program means normally a lot of little ones who are called at right moment by the general one (ofc it's a bit more complicated). So, it seems developpers just used some general cryptic's program done for creating MMO in general, and they make on this some stuff to create neverwinter.

i understand though guys here, we are waiting for too long, we don't see anything occuring, and there is still no communication about it.

But by the fact, it seems they have completely lost control and structure of their code...

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Glad to see all the whiners out in full force!

Personally, thanks for the patch Cryptic. It's pretty impressive that you all patch this product weekly. Kudos!
  • Options
    zixxuszixxus Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Personally, im excited about the festival reward increase. The rest of the game is running smoothly for me so far, despite my crappy computer and having to play on low settings. It's Free to play people, get over yourselves. Other than the things they havent fixed yet, there is plenty of other content to keep you busy. This game is still at better than 2 million users. that tells me that the majority of the people who play this game are happy with it even though there are so many other mmo's out there to play. Have some patience and let the team do what they think is best. Here's an idea, while you are waiting and complaining, why don't you go to the foundry and make a quest for people so they can criticize and complain to you about how you messed up and what you arent doing right?
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While I can certainly understand the frustration for some players as far as broken skills, dungeons and so forth goes I feel it is only fair to point out that a weekly update can only address issues that could be resolved since the last week's update. Some bugs might even take months to find, kill and test to make sure nothing else broke in the process.

For the general 'haters' population, let's look at what this game does right:

1. It's F2P.
    2. Anything that can be bought with real money can be acquired in the game with some effort.
    3. Real money currency (ZEN) can be legally traded for game currency and game currency can be traded for ZEN. Very few F2P games do that.
    4. Bugs aside, the game content is way better than many other F2P games. And technically the game is still in beta. It's not a 6 month grind fest to get to end game but a rather fast paced quest leveling system. Sure, it's still kill x amount of this and fetch y amount of that but you burn through levels very fast. If I wanted to nitpick I'd say leveling is perhaps too fast. I took me 5 days to get to level 60.
    5. It has a functional auction house, professions, queue and mail system. Again, you don't find that in many F2P games.

Yes there are bugs. Cryptic will fix them in time because their income depends on it. I'd like to see some work done on speeding up the queuing process and more solo end game content but I'm happy so far with what I got for the price I paid. Did I mention it's free? You only need to spend money for convenience sake. That's super cool in my books.

I fully agree with your oppinion. Yes there are bugs and things which are annoying. But the staff has made a really good job overall and should not be discouraged from all those negative posts. I am optimistic that they will work on solving the bigger problems.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently, my cycloptic colleague informs me that that can’t be done. Can you remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here. What do we have?”
  • Options
    magessamagessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, how trustworthy are these patch notes? The "beta" still shows in the Gateway, the patch date is from August...
    I do appreciate that the game is only 3 months old (beta status doesn't count), and then other MMOs that are a lot older (as in many years) have similar or bigger problems. It takes time to fix things and address issues, especially with a small team. But patch notes should at least be accurate...

These minor gripes aside: Awesome game. Keep up your hard and tireless work!
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Many issues you may be concerned about are being worked on behind-the-scenes. Issues take time to resolve because they require lots of testing and verifying. Once the developers are confident the issue is fixed, we'll add them to new patch immediately.

My thanks on your reply.
    However i must make it clear. If you were to check my records, i don't complain much bout anything, i was last REALLY active on forum when ya'll tried that ridiculous proposed TR nerf. Glad that was destroyed.

Anyways....again, from my records...u can see i have been a steady contributor, i don't pay for a PACK and then just go on, it's embarassing to say how much i've actually spent, so don't...I've spent for two reason...ONE: because i have the means. TWO: Cos i REALLY like this game. BUT really, i'm reaching the end of my patience. If not ALL, then at least ONE fix wold be appreciated. Perhaps a fix that benefits EVERYONE, like the return of the sharandar potions? or the targeting error on the 2 dragons?

It's good to know you and your team are working on it, Just please churn out at least ONE result....SOON. Before too many ppl lose their cool.

Thanks for reading.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    sarvarelsarvarel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Glad to see all the whiners out in full force!

Personally, thanks for the patch Cryptic. It's pretty impressive that you all patch this product weekly. Kudos!

A weekly maint is the standard for any big mmo... pretty impressive, eh?

The patch notes do not fix many important bugs, instead over the last weeks you "created" even more of them. You should go back into beta in my opinion if you can not even handle bugged skills, that where there already during closed beta. here and then a admin says "we are on it, but it takes time". how about setting a time frame, and trying to concentrate almost solely on the cirtical issues while in that frame? when that is done, go on with new content. And if you can not fix this bugs at least say so, so that nobody has to expect any more.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    magessa wrote: »
    Well, how trustworthy are these patch notes? The "beta" still shows in the Gateway, the patch date is from August...

Flush your browser cache. See what happens then.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Good luck with that...

Want a clue how to make fast AD? Idk if u all already noticed the insane drop rate of enchantments in sharandar, rank 3 and a ton of rank 4... after run all dailyes in my caratcters i fuse them all and get some rank 5 and some rank 6 (if i get a ton of green wards from celestial coins i fuse the 6 ones into 7's), put them on AH and boom! mail check and all sold.

wanna know how much i spent to get that AD? time playing the game :)

only my tought tho
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    So, zero class fixes have been made? Bunch of loosers, serious .... how dumb can you be as developer.

Who cares about the summer festival, crazy and lame rewards anyways.

Cheers though!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    marciooh wrote: »
    So, zero class fixes have been made? Bunch of loosers, serious .... how dumb can you be as developer.

Who cares about the summer festival, crazy and lame rewards anyways.

Cheers though!

Haha funny sig yours :P
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Let's wait and hope on the next patch :( return to Cn whit all the bugs again -.- 3 way Cw party i'm coming -.-
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fix the TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT!

This enchant is complete and utter TRASH as it is.

Getting hit 310x 1 Greater tranquil Proc'ed 12x---12x out of 310 hits??? Description says A CHANCE TO HEAL WHEN BEING STRUCK BY ENEMY. That is not a chance that is a ****ing miracle to heal.
    12 out of 310.

Please PW you are selling these enchants in a box people PAY FOR. Fix this ****.
    These TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENTS need to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A lot of people enjoy the festival event, and NEWS FLASH... the changes to it, with the possible exception of the mailbox, were always intended to go live today for the Height of the Festival, per the in-game calendar.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hempyhustle, did you used to go by the name Abombination(numbers)? Your posting style is very familiar.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thiefmac wrote: »
    I logged into PE and there were only 5 different instances with about 50 people in each.

It's Thursday. In North America, in every time zone, it's currently the middle of school or work.
  • Options
    theclansman35theclansman35 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure to developers never read user feedbacks.I think they really don't care the game and base players...
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure to developers never read user feedbacks.I think they really don't care the game and base players...

I am starting to feel this same way unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited September 2013
    Fix the TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT!

Fix TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENT. This enchant is complete and utter TRASH as it is.

Getting hit 310x 1 Greater tranquil Proc'ed 12x---12x out of 310 hits??? Description says A CHANCE TO HEAL WHEN BEING STRUCK BY ENEMY. That is not a chance that is a ****ing miracle to heal.
    12 out of 310.

Please PW you are selling these enchants in a box people PAY FOR. Fix this ****.
    These TRANQUIL ENCHANTMENTS need to be fixed.

To make matters worse... and even laughable... I've heard a cleric talk about how the heal is being lowered by Righteousness. :D
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you are being very unfair. bring here, firsthand, the news of the future patch.

.Class Balance

Great Weapont Fighter:
    unstoppable:
    . finally as fixed the problem with the skill: GWF now can not use it under any circumstances.
    . Was added to the status character suggestions from games which use a giant sword is indicative of strength, not irony.
    Devoted Cleric:
    . predicting the dynamics of time, was added the title "Devoted atheist cleric '.
    . healing spells have lost their effectiveness in 66.6%.

Trickster Rogue :
    Stealth: This ability has proven to live up to its name a little too well as of late. Both in PvE and PvP it's adding a bit too much survivability for how often Do it can be used.
    . To help address this, when in stealth, the rogue gets giant, noisy, slow, and visible to all opponents.
    . Trickster Rogue can use stealth indefinitely.

Control Wizard:
    After hearing the suggestions of several players, bring the following additions to the class:
    . Control Wizard acquires the power to create wings in target opponent.
    . Control Wizard acquires the power to instantly kill any opponent winged.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    After feywild patch, did they relase any noticable patch, which fixed anything important?nope-instead we get non-noticable , cosmetic changes,idk who cares about them. i dont understand how company is doing maintenance and patches which do almost nothing. and core bugs are still out there left untouched.
This discussion has been closed.