test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.7

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited September 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
  • Height of the Summer Festival!
    • Earn double the Fireblossom Petals!
    • New profession task, Hero's Feast! Give all of your allies extra Health, Power and a location to Invoke.
  • Foundry
    • Foundry Catalog will now properly be able to search on both Title and Description for published quests.
    • Corrected an issue that could cause two mouse cursors to appear under certain circumstances.
  • Gateway
    • Removed the Beta label to properly reflect its status.
    • There is now a "Buy Supplies" button on the Professions task list page.
    • Fixed several minor layout and orientation issues on Auction House and Guild pages.
  • Localization
    • Updated small text changes for all languages including: Campaign key bind, Inspecting yourself, Deflect Chance, Leprechaun, Feywild Lockbox related items.
    • Updated Voice overs for French focusing on the Summer Festival and select Sharandar audio.
  • Summer Festival
    • Bottomless Waterskins (temporary) are now properly temporary and will expire after 8 hours.
    • You may now trade a Favor of Sune for 220 Fireblossom Petals at the Tribute Store.
    • The Provisioning profession task Collect a few Fireblossom Petals now awards 150 Petals instead of 15.
    • Moved the location of several of the pigs so that they will be less likely to get stuck on terrain.
  • Performance and Stability
    • Made adjustments to increase CPU performance in areas of high population, player or otherwise.
  • Quests and Environment
    • Castle Never: The visible collision above the statues is no longer visible and is no longer an eye sore.
    • There are now properly achievements and titles for the Artificing and Weaponsmithing professions.
    • Sharandar: Donate to the War Effort campaign task incorrectly listed 30 Crescents as its reward. This has been corrected to 15. This is only a description change.
    • Sharandar: The War Makers: The War Makers quest now grants proper campaign rewards, it was previously not granting one of the blades.
    • Summer Festival: There is now a Mail Courier at the festival grounds.
  • Items and Economy
    • Coal and Charcoal are now purchasable in quantities up to 100.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are these old patch notes just reupped?
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    so a patch for nothing -.-
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pffftt......
    21.jpg
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited September 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    so a patch for nothing -.-

We're doubling the rewards for Summer Festival along with other things as well.
  • Options
    hendy69310hendy69310 Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2013
    ****ing nothing ... is when we stopped the farm 1/4 CN
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Shouldn't be suprised another patch that addresses nothing important... Again..
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And nothing that really hurts (bugs) is going to be fixed. Sad.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    where is the draco fix? the red zones are still really bugged
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Are these old patch notes just reupped?

Basically the same as the patch notes from preview a few days ago.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jibranhanif82jibranhanif82 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No ah sorting fixed and no fix for loamweave and other enchants :|
  • Options
    saagesaage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Buff GWF's please, rogues going like "Omg all this stun, I go into 5 people and die, buff rogue wtf is this" and I'm just sitting here wishing that I could punch people through the internet.
  • Options
    eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2013
    There is now a "Buy Supplies" button on the Professions task list page.
    hmm, thanks!
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We're doubling the rewards for Summer Festival along with other things as well.

Because that was most important... I just dont know what to say.
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    What the, still no fix for pvp pots? Guess thats understandable tho, I mean they have only been buggy since forever.
    And I guess you're fine with the fact no one ever wants to finish MC, everyone only farm till 2nds boss, because even if the party has got it in them to beat the boss, they'll just get ****ed over by a glitched aoe sooner or later.
    Also glad you fixed the quest rewards for warmachines, now there's only 3 more bugged quests in the shar 3rd location! Brilliant.
  • Options
    builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited September 2013
    What about the house bug in 3D edit mode you know the ghosting displacement and rotation issues?
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    Still no fix for GWF tab bug...
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the War Machine fix, though i suppose the rewards it failed to give me yesterday won't be retroactively rewarded? my OCD is going crazy with having only 2 blades!
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Where is the GWF AP gain fix....

As a GWF have had no AP gain for 3 weeks now.. Still no fix...

I'm wondering what the heck your staff are doing

A whole week of work for this? Really??
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dear CMPOINT,

The following issues are just SOME of the issues since the feywild patch.

1) Dracolich and fulminorax targeting bugs

2) Tranquility enchantments

3) Regen time on quest points in malabogs realm

4) Unstoppable bug and stealth bar bug

5) Contstant crashes

These are just FIVE of the really IMPORTANT bugs that are out there, i could go on...but i don't have that kind of time.
    While i understand your attempt at MISDIRECTION by doubling rewards and basically giving us stuff we never ASKED for.....these bugs are whats causing ppl to leave and NOT charge zen.

I leave it to you to prioritize, but i also leave you with, if you think u gonna see my usual "donation" of MONTHLY 200+ usd THIS month...nothing of the above fixed....DREAM ON. and i suspect u'll see this trend from alotta OTHERS too.

Good day.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Best patch ever!
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    no GG gate jumping fix, no dracolich or fulminorax AoE fix, no AH sorting fix; these are 3 very important things that should be dealt with straight away
  • Options
    herooftheday91herooftheday91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about fulminorax? fix it please!
    OD_banner.png
  • Options
    georgewild00georgewild00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i really don't understand what the devs are thinking when doing these patches...its like nothing we say on forums matters to them...nothing important getting fixed...
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the fixes and improvements in the patch.

- Sharandar: The Assist War Effort task is bafflingly useless. No idea why anyone would want to exchange those currencies for 15 Crescents. Or any Crescents at all.

- Malabog's Castle/Castle Never: Bugged dragon AoE is a serious problem. I am sure it is something the team is working on, but I can't stress enough that it's a huge deterrent to investing time in actually finishing (and enjoying) either dungeon.

- Unstoppable/Stealth: I can only imagine what would happen to our groups if my CWs Spell Mastery encounter randomly stopped working or if my DC couldn't activate Divinity.... I can understand why GWF and TR mains are really frustrated.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    spadgerspadger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No fix to the invisible Character bug when trying to change appearance at the alteration wizard yet???
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My gwf unstoppable must be made unstoppable!
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can someone tell me why I would want 15 Crescents from Assist War Effort? I've tried looking at the campaign tasks/rewards and i can't see any use for them. I've only just opened the third area and I already have enough crescents to unlock all boons (and loads of Formorian concoctions I can trade for even more crescents should I wish). What's the point of allowing us to get even more Crescents when there's nothing to do with them? I feel like I must be missing something.
  • Options
    harunhhharunhh Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I bet developers must feel like Clerics getting told they aren't healing with all the "Wah Wah Wah, why aren't you fixing my issue. Now i waaaahnt it now! I don't care if it's a complicated problem and there's only 3 of you in the entire team.... Waah "
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really hate complaining on the patch notes thread because I understand the work the guys who work on the game put into the patch but really? these are the things you guys saw as priorities this week? not to mention the huge kick in the bollox to us who farmed our backsides off to get festival rewards only to see that they are infinitely easier to get now , nice...
    shunterino wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why I would want 15 Crescents from Assist War Effort? I've tried looking at the campaign tasks/rewards and i can't see any use for them. I've only just opened the third area and I already have enough crescents to unlock all boons (and loads of Formorian concoctions I can trade for even more crescents should I wish). What's the point of allowing us to get even more Crescents when there's nothing to do with them? I feel like I must be missing something.

You can use the crescents to buy the keys that unlock the chests in the minidungeons if you want to farm the enchantment shards or try for the blink hound companion , that's the only use that I have found for them since the new armors you can get kinda suck big style lol.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i really don't understand what the devs are thinking when doing these patches...its like nothing we say on forums matters to them...nothing important getting fixed...

That's because the "important" things may be more complex, or involve different teams, and aren't ready yet. There's pretty much only one or two "real" things patched here (CPU and the cursor display issue), everything else are minor issues they didn't really need that much effort to change.

Allowing the Favors of Sune to be converted into petals instead of Common pig mounts that are useless to anyone who has actually spent money is nice, as are the new mail box and upping the purchasing limits. None of that takes anywhere near as much time and effort as them trying to figure out what they broke (for things like the AoEs no longer matching red areas).

Don't expect too much on a weekly basis in terms of patches, I suspect the CPU optimization may have been their priority since it affects more players - new players wouldn't run into the targeting bugs, the enchantment issues, or issues related to the Feywild, but they would end up in Protector's Enclave from the start, and making new players feel welcome (and thus willing to invest their time into the game) is likely a priority.
This discussion has been closed.