test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pvp video: Trickster rogue

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just wanted to post something ive been working on.

ALL of this footage is taken POST LA nerf. So to the TRs that QQ now that its nerfed... Rogues are still one of the best pvp classes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Nq7uJSe1k
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TR pvps are quite boring, all i saw in that 7 min was just lashing blade on different persons nothing special to be honest, oh and some impact shots
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    This thread wont end up well.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ayroux wrote: »

ALL of this footage is taken POST LA nerf. So to the TRs that QQ now that its nerfed... Rogues are still one of the best pvp classes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Nq7uJSe1k

Very interesting montage and I question the purpose of this thread to be honest.

That TR is clearly heavily geared and set up to do heavy damage. Common everyday TRs do not do that much damage on average. I would like to know the GS of the TR and what enchantments the TR is using. I would guess it is a perfect weapon enchantment, tenebrous, and rank eight or more regular enchantments.

Is the purpose of the montage to give the nerf wanters an example to use to push for more nerfs? Possibly but any user can find a video of any class doing heavy damage if they really looked. The videos and the capability of any class to do heavy damage is why it is a mistake for players to call for a specific class to be nerfed. The ones calling for TRs to be nerfed will probably end up with their own class being nerfed as well.

Is the purpose of the montage to call the TRs who complained about the nerf whiners? Hands down it does this because TRs are still a good class for fighting in PVP. Any class with the right gear and right player can be in the category of best.

Either way a very interesting video.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No tene at all,

Yes geared TR and the reason most TRs dont do this damage is because honestly they dont know how to set up their damage correctly. I wont dive into that but smart TRs can figure it out.

The purpose is just to show off a TR pvp video that I had fun making and had fun filming. I cant tell how many threads I read before and after patch saying how TRs will be worthless and unable to kill anyone because of the LA nerf, and it just blew my mind.

I wanted to put some footage together because its fun for me to do and I hope it was entertaining. As to why I said let flames commence, its very clear that no matter what class you are and what type of video you make, there will be haters. I got flame on my previous videos and hence my comment :)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LB, Impact Shot, ITC Executioner is the most cookie-cutter build out there. 2/3 of the video was just killing CWs. No fights against Sents, tanky GFs or tanky clerics. Going to file this video with the "60k crit in ya face" thread.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    awesome quality, what do you record with?

I like lashing crits, can watch them for days lol
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What rank are your enchants?
  • astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Sadly, understand no sh**t in rogues and dubstep, but all together it looks pretty cool, congratz, man;)
    dante123pl wrote: »
    TR pvps are quite boring, all i saw in that 7 min was just lashing blade on different persons nothing special to be honest, oh and some impact shots

Even ignorant CWs like me could notice pretty cool moment at 5:57...
  • k1ll3xk1ll3x Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    this.
    great skill, gear up to no avail (clearly top gear, 8-10r enchants with p vorpal) and land some LB and IS. And making a movie consisting of only successful moments is mauvais ton. Id rather watch whole round of some rogue who uses more utility (like smoke bomb )
  • sphosphosphosphosphosphosphospho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this could be a video example guide for the "pay to win build" tr
    38kills.png
  • kcrampkcramp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This video essentially showed us ONLY how well geared you are...You only ran around throwing lashings and impacts...Congrats on all of the time and effort it took to get all that gear (assuming you didn't just pay for it all), but you are just giving more reasons to throw hit us with the nerf bat. Don't make these.
    edited September 2013
    LB, Impact Shot, ITC Executioner is the most cookie-cutter build out there.

I didnt use ITC once during that video... So.......
    llantiss wrote: »
    awesome quality, what do you record with?

I like lashing crits, can watch them for days lol

I just use Fraps, I actually had to drop the quality from previous recordings because the files ended up being too big. Still turned out nice I thought and im in the same boat, I can watch nice LB crits for days, actually any type of 1 shot ability, I love compilations of em :)
    What rank are your enchants?

Mostly 8. A few 6s and 1 rank 9.
    k1ll3x wrote: »
    Id rather watch whole round of some rogue who uses more utility (like smoke bomb )

Noted. Maybe my next video will be a whole match, although 9 times out of 10 that just means you watch me kill a few people in the middle off the bat, then kill them again once as they respawn and they realize no shot in winning, then half the team quits GG.

If I get a pre vs pre thatll last long I can record that, however the quality will be lower because the file size gets so large with 20+ min of footage, but I have thought about doing this before and might do it! Thanks for the feedback.
    this could be a video example guide for the "pay to win build" tr

WTF I just entered a pvp match and paid $20 to Cryptic... why didnt it say "game over" we win?! I thought I could pay to win! LOL
    Actually I did put some $ towards this character which went towards buying 3 pc of the GG gear while it was BOE because I was way too lazy to farm that (still farmed the last piece myself)... I had the 2pc 2pc power stacking and after crunching numbers HAD to get GG set. Pay 2 Win? You decide, although you really dont know much about this game if you think that :)
    edited September 2013
    kcramp wrote: »
    This video essentially showed us ONLY how well geared you are...You only ran around throwing lashings and impacts...Congrats on all of the time and effort it took to get all that gear (assuming you didn't just pay for it all), but you are just giving more reasons to throw hit us with the nerf bat. Don't make these.

Do you not think that certain things SHOULD be nerfed if even a nicely geared character can do this?

Dont you also think that if 90% of TRs use the exact same abilities they should either nerf those or buff some others to be inline with other play styles?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This explains why I die so fast - LOL!

xD
  • kcrampkcramp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you not think that certain things SHOULD be nerfed if even a nicely geared character can do this?

Dont you also think that if 90% of TRs use the exact same abilities they should either nerf those or buff some others to be inline with other play styles?

I suppose you are right, but its a tough call because a lot of people never get that geared -- I certainly don't play enough. Getting hit with the nerf bat will hurt everyone who is low gearscore much more than high.
  • sphosphosphosphosphosphosphospho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    WTF I just entered a pvp match and paid $20 to Cryptic... why didnt it say "game over" we win?! I thought I could pay to win! LOL
    Actually I did put some $ towards this character which went towards buying 3 pc of the GG gear while it was BOE because I was way too lazy to farm that (still farmed the last piece myself)... I had the 2pc 2pc power stacking and after crunching numbers HAD to get GG set. Pay 2 Win? You decide, although you really dont know much about this game if you think that :)

this game is pay to win played more than enough pvp to know that.
    38kills.png
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sooo... other classes with same high-level gear wouldn't be 1 shotted? Right?

Can you show some video of your char Vs other very high gear/ experienced PvPers?

I mean, even if people says "there are not much players with such gear"... well, if someone can reach a point where he can 1-shot any player around, it's not normal. Even if it's just 1 player in the Whole server. Gear should make a difference, but not to the point where a well geared lvl 60 can 1 shot another lvl 60 just cause he's less geared...
    I mean beating ok, but 1 shot? From stealth? Really? I wouldn't like to play that way. Too easy to get a kill.

Btw, i have to admit i'm struggling against TRs in PvP. If i can catch them it's ok. But... they go perma-stealth, can attack from range, can DPS from stealth and run away still in stealth mode... If you use Come and get it to drag them in, they pop ITC and your supposed damage buff is lost... then they can dodge away and go stealth again... Also, if you can see them and reach them, they can dodge. So stealth+ ranged+ 5 secs invulnerability+ roll-dodge ability. I don't get it.
    I'm sure most people will say it's a L2P issue. I stil lsee too much stuff together that results in a easy-mode class... And in this video i just see that. One guy running around in stealth, 1 shotting people of the same level. And not even have to use ITC or dodge.

May be a full match would be more interesting...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LB, Impact Shot, ITC Executioner is the most cookie-cutter build out there. 2/3 of the video was just killing CWs. No fights against Sents, tanky GFs or tanky clerics.

I've been involved in some high GS pvp matches, and it doesn't make a difference. It's just extremely brutal. I can one-shot them, they can one-shot me, i can perma control them, they can perma stun me... The outcome is similar to lower level pvp but everyone dies a lot faster with a lot of one-shot kills, that's the only noticeable difference. And it's not really fun.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Video is pretty much only showing of him hitting people who have maxed out offensive stats. This guy have never hit me for more then 12000 with LB, and Thats not even half my HP.
    edited September 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    Sooo... other classes with same high-level gear wouldn't be 1 shotted? Right?

Can you show some video of your char Vs other very high gear/ experienced PvPers?

I mean, even if people says "there are not much players with such gear"... well, if someone can reach a point where he can 1-shot any player around, it's not normal. Even if it's just 1 player in the Whole server. Gear should make a difference, but not to the point where a well geared lvl 60 can 1 shot another lvl 60 just cause he's less geared...
    I mean beating ok, but 1 shot? From stealth? Really? I wouldn't like to play that way. Too easy to get a kill.

Btw, i have to admit i'm struggling against TRs in PvP. If i can catch them it's ok. But... they go perma-stealth, can attack from range, can DPS from stealth and run away still in stealth mode... If you use Come and get it to drag them in, they pop ITC and your supposed damage buff is lost... then they can dodge away and go stealth again... Also, if you can see them and reach them, they can dodge. So stealth+ ranged+ 5 secs invulnerability+ roll-dodge ability. I don't get it.
    I'm sure most people will say it's a L2P issue. I stil lsee too much stuff together that results in a easy-mode class... And in this video i just see that. One guy running around in stealth, 1 shotting people of the same level. And not even have to use ITC or dodge.

May be a full match would be more interesting...

Very interesting that it took longer than I thought it would for the pro nerf people to respond to this thread and I honestly thought the responses would be much worse than these two responses. Most Trs are not geared this way. If you read the replies the maker of this video was using mainly rank 8 and rank 9 enchantments. Only a few were rank 6. The player even admits to putting money toward this character as well.

This is an MMO and not a single player game. A large amount of the time there will be players who are equally geared as you or better geared than you fighting against you in PVP. A large amount of the time there will be players who are equally skilled as you or better skilled than you fighting against you in PVP. It is part of playing PVP in an MMO. Any class can do heavy damage if it is heavily geared and played by a skilled player. The rarest one I have seen is a devoted cleric that killed with one or two shots. I wish I was recording that PVP match because I was impressed.

Ayroux has it right when mentioning buffs. It is better to be asking for buffs instead of nerfs because the nerfs hurt the PVE side of the game more than balance the PVP side. Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. This means every class has qualities that can be considered OP by the other classes. I could go down the list but it would be a waste of time and might start too many flames.

Pando83 is also correct that one shot killing is mainly done against players that are less skilled and less geared. One shot killing becomes very rare as the skill level and gear level start to equalize. A player who is setup for mainly offense sacrifices defense and is easier to be killed.

I also agree that a video of the entire PVP matches would have been better and that this video is a prime example that can be used to fuel the nerf bat argument. Players should keep in mind that the last two balancing updates showed that every class gets nerfed or *balanced* one way or another at the same time in the name of *balance*. This means someone who is calling for a specific class to be nerfed will probably have their class nerfed as well in the name of *balance*.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cookie cutter build + cookie cutter set + R8's + Perfect Vorpal = cookie cutter kills against 7k GS pug CW's and TR's.

Only thing interesting about this build is the huge amount of Armor Penetration: 27.5%.

So, I imagine he'd eat typical max geared DC's just as easily as the normal squishies. But good luck againt Sent GWFs and pro GFs!
    Going to file this video with the "60k crit in ya face" thread.

Actually, if you look closely, and especially if you have a TR yourself, you'd see that Blacksheep@Sheepblack demonstrated far more true skill in his video than is present in this one. His Domination tactics were not great, but in a fight against any class 1v1 or in a group he was a bit of a monster...
    edited September 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    Video is pretty much only showing of him hitting people who have maxed out offensive stats. This guy have never hit me for more then 12000 with LB, and Thats not even half my HP.

You are 100% correct.

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Pando83 is also correct that one shot killing is mainly done against players that are less skilled and less geared. One shot killing becomes very rare as the skill level and gear level start to equalize. A player who is setup for mainly offense sacrifices defense and is easier to be killed.

Not true. Damage increases a lot faster than damage mitigation. High GS pvp is just a lot of one-shots and a CC fest.

If you keep asking for buff, you're taking the risk to make pve completely uninteresting, and it would requires months to balance everything again. You'd need npcs to hit a lot faster, have more HPs... It's actually easier to make some specific nerfs to a specific spell. If a spell is giving a huge advantage while the rest is ok, no one with a brain would buff the rest to the level of the broken skill. :rolleyes:
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would clarify that i'm not pro-nerf. I said i'm not experienced enough to say it's a op problem. Just said i'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to counter a experienced TR. They seem to have Always the upper hand. As said, you get monster damage from stealth, then ranged from stealth, if you suck them in with come and get it they pop itc and go invulnerable for 5 seconds, then slip away and go stealth again, if you reach them and they are visible they still can dodge, slip away, invisible again and wait for cooldowns to end to monster hit you again...

I myself never got hit for so much as 29-30k or more. More like may be 19k at best. Still added to all the above, is a lot to deal with...
    edited September 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    I would clarify that i'm not pro-nerf. I said i'm not experienced enough to say it's a op problem. Just said i'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to counter a experienced TR. They seem to have Always the upper hand. As said, you get monster damage from stealth, then ranged from stealth, if you suck them in with come and get it they pop itc and go invulnerable for 5 seconds, then slip away and go stealth again, if you reach them and they are visible they still can dodge, slip away, invisible again and wait for cooldowns to end to monster hit you again...

I myself never got hit for so much as 29-30k or more. More like may be 19k at best. Still added to all the above, is a lot to deal with...

My mistake and I apologize. It can be very hard to tell sometimes with so many people wanting nerfs for their own gain and not to balance the game. Thank you for being honest which is very rare it seems. Too many people call for nerfs when they are inexperienced. It is difficult learning how to counter each class in the game to survive in PVP. I personally respecced four times. I made notes to figure out how to survive and kill the other classes.

edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I've been involved in some high GS pvp matches, and it doesn't make a difference. It's just extremely brutal. I can one-shot them, they can one-shot me, i can perma control them, they can perma stun me... The outcome is similar to lower level pvp but everyone dies a lot faster with a lot of one-shot kills, that's the only noticeable difference. And it's not really fun.

^ This seems to explain that balance does exist and no one has an unfair advantage. You perma controlling them, they perma stunning you. You one-shot them and they one shot you.
    Not true. Damage increases a lot faster than damage mitigation. High GS pvp is just a lot of one-shots and a CC fest.

^You can believe what you want and it is your choice. No reason to waste time arguing with you. I will not claim something is true or false because it is a matter of opinion. I have just seen much fewer one-shot kills when my team mates are higher level geared and it became rarer for me to be one shot killed as my GS went up. Only teams that seem to be able to consistently one-shot kill people on the Dragon shard are teams made of the lemonade stand guild. Players that spec for offense give up defense because its balance.
    If you keep asking for buff, you're taking the risk to make pve completely uninteresting, and it would requires months to balance everything again. You'd need npcs to hit a lot faster, have more HPs... It's actually easier to make some specific nerfs to a specific spell. If a spell is giving a huge advantage while the rest is ok, no one with a brain would buff the rest to the level of the broken skill. :rolleyes:

^Too many nerfs can do the same thing by making pve too difficult to do. It is basically a double edged sword to be honest. The description of pvp in your first response makes pvp appear to be balanced. I agree that pvp is basically balanced between the classes. The majority of people who call for nerfs want them for their own gain and not because of a huge advantage between the classes. I have even been defending other classes that people started wanting nerfed.

• remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only true problem I see with this video is Lashing Blade, which has become the most common skill on every TR that I've seen. It seems that it's the only skill that can deliver instant 35-50k damage to a target right out of stealth. The 10k+ impact shots weren't as bad as the LS that he was constantly doing. It's obvious that this skill is way too powerful to say the least. Even an ungeared TR can hit most players for over 15K with a single LB. I have a TR myself, and I can clearly say that this skill needs to be looked into by the devs.
    edited September 2013
    kcramp wrote: »
    I suppose you are right, but its a tough call because a lot of people never get that geared -- I certainly don't play enough. Getting hit with the nerf bat will hurt everyone who is low gearscore much more than high.

^Very true that nerfs hurt everyone and not just the players who are geared like the one in the video.

edited September 2013
    The only true problem I see with this video is Lashing Blade, which has become the most common skill on every TR that I've seen. It seems that it's the only skill that can deliver instant 35-50k damage to a target right out of stealth. The 10k+ impact shots weren't as bad as the LS that he was constantly doing. It's obvious that this skill is way too powerful to say the least. Even an ungeared TR can hit most players for over 15K with a single LB. I have a TR myself, and I can clearly say that this skill needs to be looked into by the devs.

^ File this one into the pro nerf category. The Tr in this video would probably have a difficult time against a sentinel GWF. Sure strip away all the abilities that make the TR a high dps low defense class. Trs are meant to do heavy damage while being squishy. Thanks for admitting that undergeared TRs can only do about 15K of damage. The gear should probably be nerfed and not the abilities. Hmm The devs should probably look into all the OP abilities in the other classes as well. An example is a GF's ability to block just about everything including Shocking Execution and to perma stun other players to kill them. There are certain skills/abilities in each class that can be considered to be OP by other classes. Calling for any nerf will probably result in all the classes being nerfed.

edited September 2013
    Alot has been said and to clear things up since most people dont play TRs here not every lashing blade can crit for 20k plus. Even with a perf vorpal. What enables those crits is two things:

1) Critical overrun. This feat gives your next attack AFTER getting a crit additional damage. Its the last feat in the executioner tree.
    2) First Strike is a feat that gives your FIRST attack in combat an additional 15% damage boost.

Without these two things I crit dummies in ToB for 15k with a lashing. So how do you use those things together? This is something the "infamous" blacksheep didnt take advantage of.

When you throw a dagger and it crits, you get critical overrun. Now your NEXT attack gets additional damage (based on your crit severity). Ok cool, so how does first strike work with that because now your in combat? Well... you wait about 3 seconds in stealth and bam your out of combat, now you get BOTH the critical overrun AND first strike, congrats 20k+ crit.

So is that pay to win considering ive NEVER seen anyone outline that or even use that strategy before?

Also, I have a sent tene gwf so this TR isnt my one trick pony. Ive played TONS of "high level" matches and while the game changes some, I can 1 shot almost ANY CW out there and if I dont they have a small sliver of health. i can crit full defensive classes with my lashing for 15k on average (GFs/DCs included) and my Impacts crit anywhere from 4.5-7k on those same players. You do the math. MAYBE 2 impact shots and 1 lashing and its over UNLESS they deflect which happens alot less often than you think.

The issue people SEEM to forget is that each class excels at certain things. TRs are killing machines, they are not the best solo players so why play like a backcapper? Can they do it? Sure, but Ive never been beaten 1v1 on my GWF against a TR, so why would I even try to beat a geared good GWF on my TR? makes no sense. Play the ROLE your class is designed to do a TR isnt designed to stand toe to toe or 1v1 a geared GWF who is also skilled.

It also shows ignorance when people say "glass canon" because I didnt have to give up any defensive qualities to play this character, I use the GG set which gives MORE stealth and MORE hp... I use Shadow Strike to refill my stealth so I can live longer (sometimes use ITC depending on who I am playing) and I also have regen rings but dont think its worth it for what I give up on offense. The best defense IS a good offense in most TR cases, but this character didnt sacrifice anything to do this damage, unless you say add defensive slot rings with more HP what is 3k more Hp gonna do against a GF who can perma stun you 1v1 to death? Nothing.

http://youtu.be/mromSo3f4Dc is a quick vid of me 1v1 a Sent GWF with Regen. Dont really know the GS but you can see the play style idea and unless a Sent GWF uses their daily or is stacked with tene and those proc, its hard to kill me...

The basic idea is play the role of your class, a Sent regen GWF is a backcapper, a Executioner TR excels best at killing/1 shotting targets, a CW is good damage and CC, a Gf is a stunbot, and DCs well... they just keep players like me alive longer so I can 1 shot more people.

I have fought some very geared players of all classes, and both won and lost. This TR isnt about 1v1ing anyone though... If they know your there and its a fair 1v1... Your not doing it right...