What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem downloading patch

12346»

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Just got an error in the patch:

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.

What should I do... ?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Just got an error in the patch:

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.

What should I do... ?
    You need to reinstall your launcher/patcher. Download the install from the game site and install over your current install. If you uninstall the game first you need to redownload the patch, so don't uninstall.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • valdetasticvaldetastic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    try closing the patch and opening it again if your download is slow, worked hell of a lot better for me
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    You need to reinstall your launcher/patcher. Download the install from the game site and install over your current install. If you uninstall the game first you need to redownload the patch, so don't uninstall.

Hmm but I cannot install over it, not with Arc, I guess.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2013
    We have all been trolled by cryptic lol, they should be changing the name of the game to 'we take monies, yum, or trolls are us' lol

Hahaha! Close one, however I think I saw someone suggest "NeverZENter", that one still gets my vote!
  • asrathiel01asrathiel01 Member, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah i saw NeverZENter as well, it is definately a classic lol :D