What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem downloading patch

Comments

• Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You can only download as fast as the supplier can upload.

Sadly in times where there are (hundreds of?) thousands of players downloading a patch at the same time individual download speeds may not be as fast as usual. :(

What the hell are you talking about hundreds of thousands. Get real there might be only thousands of people downloading. And it worked fine up till 50% then slowed down
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the slow download is because everyone is downloading at once, how come I was having the same issues yesterday when trying to download the patch for the preview server? Given it was a random weekly patch, I highly doubt there was a flood of people trying to download the patch at that point.
  • Options
    darshexdarshex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try going into Patcher Options, Changing your Proxy, and possibly using proxy server. Says it slows it .But my Speeds went up 1mb.
    It might help some.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its 2:14pm and ive restarted the patcher a few times but its stuck at 47%.

It has 98mb left to patch, everytime i close it restart from 0/98 and stops at 47%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    I would have to politely disagree. Its 1pm eastern time in USA on a Thursday, which is clearly
    not a high population time by any means (work and school). As mentioned before, many other
    games have had high populations downloading at peak night hours.

Something is amiss.

Agreed, aside from Marvel Heroes (and its infamous patching problems) I've never had a patch download this slow since the days of Everquest and Dial Up.

It is far from 'peak' time and I'd wager that most players are still at work right now. It shouldn't be patching this slowly.

I'm not angry (yet), but if I end up losing coins because of this I will be. Already went through that twice with Caturday and Nightmare Thursday.
  • Options
    alphalostalphalost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I don't think there's any need to be angry for a slow patching speed for a game, it's not a really important matter. But I would still like some information from cryptic on what could be causing this. :S

Yes thats the thing that driving me mad Cryptic as usual ignoring the problem.
  • Options
    rylansmulerylansmule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another person who thinks the game is for America only.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I bet i know what the problem is. Since the game popualion has died. I think they are taking servers down ones they arent using. LAg in the game playing. Patching super slow. Instead of merging servers they are reducing the size of the servers. Probly using them to mine bitcoins to make some money.
  • Options
    elco39elco39 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    patching has to be busted. there is no way this is merely a bandwidth issue unless this game has not spent a fair enough dollar amount on distribution capability.

I see the mod talking about numbers of accounts. Im 100% positive only a small fraction of that are attempting to download right now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, and for the record, it's better just to leave it running. Whilst the launcher does save some progress it often rolls back. I would imagine that it only stores fully downloaded files and discards anything that isn't complete.

I was stuck ( And I mean stuck - not moving at all ) on 26.2mb downloaded at 44%. Restarting dropped me to 20.1mb received.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rylansmule wrote: »
    Another person who thinks the game is for America only.

So according to you, when you are patching during working hours in the US, you use the Europe servers to download your patch???

That makes sense to you?

:p
    :rolleyes:^^
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I'll try my luck with the proxi and see what happens.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    bensen32bensen32 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow, I was all the way up to 87.6% in no time and then bang stopped for 45min, time to retry and sllllooooowwwllyyy getting to 44.9%
  • Options
    tedbeckstedbecks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    45 mb to go after 2 hrs
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still would like to see an official response.

If this is "working as intended", then I guess we can expect this after future patches.
  • Options
    tedbeckstedbecks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    finaly done
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    When changing it to use a proxi the 101mb patch started again it seems, let's see if now it doesn't get stuck at 48.8%.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I reset my modem,done in 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Ah, we'll all do that then!
  • Options
    edited September 2013

that really worked?=O
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    form0form0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yep try to restart it now guys
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    the few times ive had this problem ive unplugged my modem for 1min restarted pc and no problem,also worked on log on problems
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's like driving on the autobahn. Even if you have a Ferrari, you can't very well just plow through other cars in the way.

What if I fit a plow to it.
  • Options
    fladnagfladnag Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow 2 hrs for 600mb patch, restarted launcher once. Now to see if the game goes belly up when I get in hehe
  • Options
    rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    Worst patch evaaar
  • Options
    dofordofor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    4 hours and counting, think I will have to leave my computer on downloading overnight. Luckily I had a few professions training for 8 hours.

Couple of jokes to keep you amused while your also waiting for new patch to download:

Maybe rename 'Perfect World' to 'In an Ideal World' ?
    Or 'Neverwinter' to 'Never stay online for more than 2 hours without crashing' ?

As I said just a joke guys n gals!

I remember playing the original game from 'Perfect World' when it first came out. The company has grown alot since then and more games made. Thought would have really been experts at fixing bugs, crashes and patching problems by now?

Anyways, hope I get to play before bedtime comes along, working full-time means my play time is very limited :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    weee finally done, now let's see what's new inside :3
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yer gonna have ter move to Californee.....I heard they still gots some inteenets there....
  • Options
    asrathiel01asrathiel01 Member, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We have all been trolled by cryptic lol, they should be changing the name of the game to 'we take monies, yum, or trolls are us' lol
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dofor wrote: »
    Maybe rename 'Perfect World' to 'In an Ideal World' ?
    Or 'Neverwinter' to 'Never stay online for more than 2 hours without crashing' ?

As I said just a joke guys n gals!
    Sometimes works alright World?

Neverstable?

Patching World?

In honour of the Midsummer Festival, Farmwinter.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014