test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem downloading patch

mokum666mokum666 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
soooo i realy gonna need to download that ****ing patch at a few kbs per sec awsome

incase you guys wondering i have fiber here

a few kbs per sec is rediculus lols
Post edited by mokum666 on

Comments

• Options
    darshexdarshex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea whats up with the Super Slow Patching speeds. And people are still constantly Disconnecting from the game. Supposed to fix that 3 patchs ago?
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That'll be the result of everybody trying to patch at once.. there's only so much bandwidth to go around.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    You can only download as fast as the supplier can upload.

Sadly in times where there are (hundreds of?) thousands of players downloading a patch at the same time individual download speeds may not be as fast as usual. :(
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's like driving on the autobahn. Even if you have a Ferrari, you can't very well just plow through other cars in the way.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    zhhkzhhk Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Sadly in times where there are (hundreds of?) thousands of players downloading a patch at the same time individual download speeds may not be as fast as usual. :(

100/100 fiber.
    2.3kb/s download speed.

Obviously there's a distribution problem.
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    That'll be the result of everybody trying to patch at once.. there's only so much bandwidth to go around.
    Funny to think that with this games peak hours, it might slow down a bit.. thinking of hmm some other games which can patch in real peak hours.. this game got like few thousand players top playing usually at this time..
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2013

You might want to let the IT guys know, cause it was downloading fine the first 80% for me...well fine being about 5-10Mb/sec, then suddenly a truck hit the connection and now it's down to well below 1Mb. Now it's possible you just suddenly got hit by a ton of users, but it was awful abrupt.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've never had an issue in the past of patching after the servers go live. Even with all the other players do the same.

Today I'm having an issue.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Both Neverwinter AND Star Trek Online, were patched today, and the combined number of concurrent downloads, is enough to saturate the bandwidth to and from the data centres..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    wunjiowunjio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've got serious download speed issues as well, and just to let everyone know I always download as soon as the servers come up and have never had it be this slow before....even when the game launched.
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2013
    Well it's a matter of recources and obviously this game hasn't got loads of em.. daily "server not responding" does show that quite straight.

But yea I know, need loads of players to get decent equipment / bandwith, guess we ain't enough yet.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It was pretty slow till around 55% for me then in just 2 mins it jumped to 89% :D
    I hope the servers are up already though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    Both Neverwinter AND Star Trek Online, were patched today, and the combined number of concurrent downloads, is enough to saturate the bandwidth to and from the data centres..

So maybe let's not do patches for both games on the same day going forward?
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After being stuck at 88.2% for 10 minutes, I thought I'd close the client and restart, perhaps it'd be faster. NOPE. Now stuck at 47.9% for well over 10 minutes. Amazing!!!!!!
  • Options
    yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Having problems as well, which pretty much closed my window of opportunity to do dailies. Sucks
  • Options
    almightybizzoalmightybizzo Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was plodding away at 1Kbps until I hit 87%. There it sits at 87% for 15 minutes now. *facepalm*
    <3 Aja / Nepenthe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Title says it all. Patch is stuck, not advancing at all. Closing and restarting the last time this happened (at 85%) just made me lose half the progress i'd already made. :-/ Are the patch servers having an epileptic seizure? Do we need to call 911 and rush them into the ER?
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After being stuck at 88.2% for 10 minutes, I thought I'd close the client and restart, perhaps it'd be faster. NOPE. Now stuck at 47.9% for well over 10 minutes. Amazing!!!!!!

Yeah at first I thought there was a problem with the launcher, so I restarted it. At 36.9MB - 4% now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Guys. It's totally not a distribution problem at all. The 3 million people who play Star Trek and the 2 million people who play Neverwinter are currently ALL patching! Meaning we all get about 1.2kb/s each. Wanna meet up and play when we're all done patching next week?
  • Options
    baconteabacontea Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm downloading the 104mb patch, which seems to be downloading at dialup speeds, anyone else having this issue?
    Its not my speed cause i just download a file at fast speeds.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same issue.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah now I got stick at 89% :( After what I've read I'm definitely not restarting though XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah at first I thought there was a problem with the launcher, so I restarted it. At 36.9MB - 4% now.

It kept your progresses. Didn't you notice the patch was smaller when you restarted the launcher?
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've never had an issue in the past of patching after the servers go live. Even with all the other players do the same.

Today I'm having an issue.

Basically this. It ain't natural. Nothing to do but be patient, I guess, but it might warrant some attention from the game staff.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    We're stuck in 1998.
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

I would have to politely disagree. Its 1pm eastern time in USA on a Thursday, which is clearly
    not a high population time by any means (work and school). As mentioned before, many other
    games have had high populations downloading at peak night hours.

Something is amiss.
  • Options
    arkalsrarkalsr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree, there certainly seems to be something amiss here. Super SLOW download speeds today, that have never been seen before, by me at least. Seems to start fast, then around 45% hits a wall. I understand the bandwidth issue, but again, comparing to starting the download at server available time hasn't been this bad before. In addition, most kids are in school now, so there should be less players trying to get the download.
  • Options
    aggronaughtaggronaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow..just awful service.

2m players and can't afford servers worth a ****.