test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.4

Comments

• victoriaetcuramvictoriaetcuram Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I noticed that another boss cinematic was added.... that's snazy but... after the N'th time of clearing any of these solo instances or ANY instance for that matter... these cinematics get irksome. And I've noticed recently that even solo'ing you can't Esc out of them. Meanwhile back at the farm, rabid zombies are smashing my face in, or my stealth meter is running out.

I would like to see a option, probably under UI, to toggle cinematics OFF, or at least make it so you can hit Esc to pop out of them in both parties AND solo play. It's just plain irritating.

Additionally, when is the Auction House's "sort by buyout" going to be fixed? It's been broken for some time. It makes things excessively irritating to find, and I see no mention of it here.

Just trying to make this world a better place....
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You're aware that the module was pre-patched, right? Downloaded for the most part at some point after you had quit playing.

Yes I knew that , before the Fury patch I was only playing ten to twenty minutes a night to pray and do leadership on my many alts and then my computer was turned off as soon as I logged off NW so no prepatch was applied ( at least not much).

As for this latest patch it speeded up till it hit 85.5% then stopped dead so I restarted and it downloaded more then stopped dead , looks like I am going to have to get the whole patch stopping and restarting the download now...
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2013
    Seems that the devs are more concerned with adding stuff to sell than fixing what is already sold or what comes for free. After all, they have to earn their living, don't they ?

But since you had a look at the companions' looks :
    - how about you fix that bug that makes the Kelemvor priestess go Zing! every 2 seconds ? I have paid money for her, and I'd be more inclined to spend more money if things I buy would work.
    - suggestion : the defensive and offensive warriors' looks upgrade dramatically as their grade increases, which is fine. But their shield stays just a wooden shield that looks like they've taken the cover of a beer keg to fight with. Makes them look goofy. Again, it may be acceptable for something free, not for the Neverember guard I paid for.

I don't always buy stuff, but when I do, I expect it to work.
  • omenjsjomenjsj Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please fix the Broken TAB button for GWF and TRs, the tab was broken 2 times totaly before patch on my TR now its broken 2 times/h atleast. And the ITC encounter need to be fixed asap, feels like its a 50/50 chance it triggers in pvp. Very often i get the cooldown but the ITC doesent trigger.

........(meanwhile at the zen vendor)....The rogue and the gwf are intent on killing the zen vendor for not getting their due acknowledgement from cryptic....the gwf charges at the zen vendor in rage as the rogue pops in behind the zen vendor. The gwf goes into a fury beating, hacking and slicing the zen vendor, who in returns casts a high damaging knock down spell...the gwf begins to become unstoppable...but...bam he is dead...as the rogue begins to slash and hack at the zen vendor ...and the zen vendor turns toward the rogue...who attempts to stealth....but ...bam he is dead.......
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    djtlite wrote: »
    Great... The transmuting of bound items onto unbound items was one thing i really liked...
    Maybe it wouldn't have happened if people didn't start heavily using this to sell the appearance of promo code items (i.e. Starred Eyepatch) and big $ pack outfits (including the regalia from the $200 pack) on the auction house: Transmute / Auction / Reclaim infinitely.
  • kiyamasamakiyamasama Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMFG! Patch done!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Maybe it wouldn't have happened if people didn't start heavily using this to sell the appearance of promo code items (i.e. Starred Eyepatch) and big $ pack outfits (including the regalia from the $200 pack) on the auction house: Transmute / Auction / Reclaim infinitely.

Transmuting temp garb over peasant was a nice way of making ad too.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still no unstoppable fix?! Are you fcking kidding me? How can I speak to you without curses if you still not fix unstoppable bug, which is KNOWN FROM THE CLOSED BETA. HOW FCKING HARD IS IT?!

I began to wonder whether the "unstopp bug" is in fact a bug or not. Maybe Unstoppable should work like that and lock up in the middle of fight to weaken the class, ha?!?!?!

FIX UNSTOPABLE!
    SHOULD WE MAKE A FANPAGE FOR THAT ON FACEBOOK SO YOU CAN SEE OUR PROBLEM?!?!!?

@sorry i had to...
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok, you ruined the festival. I was having fun, and could go into an instance with a few people in it, and spend all day doing stuff. Now there are none with less than 30-40 people fighting over the same flowers, or trolls, or chickens. And the so-called fix for the flowers only made it easier for people to grab them while you are fighting kobolds, Why not just take out the kobolds and make it a flower-picking fest.

Now all I want to do is go in and get the daily and get the heck out.
  • ghestapwghestapw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thyralion wrote: »
    ....I don't know why you're calling me stupid or yelling at me ...

I didn't yell at you or call you stupid.

Reading comprehension, it's not just for elementary school students. Where as your original comment is... apparently sarcasm (It's hard to tell from the way you've written your follow up post) mine is written clearly and to the point. If you think that I am calling you stupid, it's because you obviously self identify as a person that agrees with my comment and recognizes that they were stupid for thinking that art assets wouldn't be used more than once.
    Lets see if you can't understand a little better if I break it down a little more simply.

"Programmers will never use this art asset for anything else!" If you, or anyone reading that statement in bold, thinks that statement is true, then you are stupid.
    If however you do not think that statement is true, then you may not be stupid.
    However, in any case, I don't know you and so it is not my place to judge those things, so you must make that judgement for yourself.

Recap: I didn't call you stupid. But if you think that you are, well, who am I to argue?
    Rhev@ghestapw - Co-GL <iTyrant> - ityrantguild.com - Beholder server
    Try out my first foundry mission - The Missing Youth - NW-DGX79EG65
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Midsummer Festival: Players may now interact with flowers during combat. Interaction does not break when hit

I am guessing this is in reaction to all the cry babies complaining of being stolen from.

FYI there are multiple instances you can change to and not only this, there are also at least 8 flower spawns you can gather from without any combat at all.
    itpaladin.png

• bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Gauntlegrym PVP still not fixed, sadly.
  • kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And the graphics problems that were fixed by the last patch (inside some houses/sewers,etc) are all back as far as I can see. So, another patch to fix the patch should be coming along soon.
  • magessamagessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kevinc55 wrote: »
    And the graphics problems that were fixed by the last patch (inside some houses/sewers,etc) are all back as far as I can see. So, another patch to fix the patch should be coming along soon.

+1

Makes it a lot more challenging when you randomly cannot see yourself, enemies, structures, objects or all of that at once. (That was sarcasm; Read "challenging" as "barely playable")
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Valindra's boss bug has been fixed. They got around to that rather quickly.
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    again, always benefiting TR over all the other classes. You changed the flower picking system, now all TR are going around stealing flowers and luring enemies on you. Please tell me the new class that is coming in december will be a TR slaughterer or something because of all the hatred you are building. I mean they are useless in parties, they are selfish and annoying and op as hell, please do something with the flowers at least.
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    Isnt about time you fixed the broker sorting issue that you broke in the first place?
  • ronix77ronix77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    ok, you ruined the festival. I was having fun, and could go into an instance with a few people in it, and spend all day doing stuff. Now there are none with less than 30-40 people fighting over the same flowers, or trolls, or chickens. And the so-called fix for the flowers only made it easier for people to grab them while you are fighting kobolds, Why not just take out the kobolds and make it a flower-picking fest.

Now all I want to do is go in and get the daily and get the heck out.

+1

Agreed, that did not need a buff for the ninja looters, thanks PW.
    edited September 2013
    I still don't understand why people are complaining.

Now YOU can loot the flowers while under attack.
    itpaladin.png

• ronix77ronix77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people are complaining.

Now YOU can loot the flowers while under attack.

Because while you are busy attacking and focusing on that, ninja looters with + movement are snipping the flowers right from under your feet, not to mention also kiting mobs to you as further distractions. The maturity of players in this game is appalling.
    edited September 2013
    ronix77 wrote: »
    Because while you are busy attacking and focusing on that, ninja looters with + movement are snipping the flowers right from under your feet, not to mention also kiting mobs to you as further distractions. The maturity of players in this game is appalling.

How does that stop you from going to the flowers, pressing F twice while being beat on, and fight?
    itpaladin.png

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    How does that stop you from going to the flowers, pressing F twice while being beat on, and fight?

Maybe some people haven't discovered purple gear or doesn't know how to use enchants...hence a few seconds of getting beat up by weak minions are too much for them. Or they are noobs
  • starkphyrestarkphyre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just downloaded arc and NW and the launcher started patching, it said 0/6061Mb downloaded, is this normal? I have a fast computer and its taking forever, its been an hour and its at 100mb So I closed it and tried again, now it says 0/8224Mb downloaded? I would like to play NW, but Do I have to wait 3 days?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    starkphyre wrote: »
    I just downloaded arc and NW and the launcher started patching, it said 0/6061Mb downloaded, is this normal? I have a fast computer and its taking forever, its been an hour and its at 100mb So I closed it and tried again, now it says 0/8224Mb downloaded? I would like to play NW, but Do I have to wait 3 days?

Download speed depends on your internet provider rather than how fast your computer is. That is very abnormal what you are experiencing. It shouldn't take more than an hour to download everything.
  • ganjagrrrlganjagrrrl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been lagging a lot since the update. Has this been happening for anyone else? I've tried everything and I know for sure that it's not my internet unless there's a problem with my location or something.
  • generia7generia7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like you did with the Heavy Mystic Nightmare, please allow the people who purchased a Fury of the Feywild pack to exchange their BOUND (because they came that way) Dawn Unicorn mounts for Dusk Unicorn mounts from the Zen market. They look much cooler than the original, and I know many people that bought the FotF pack are upset about it. I bought the Heavy Howler a few weeks into the beta of this game, and then the white tiger later on because I really enjoyed how they looked. Then you ruined them with your animations of the flailing arm slapping their hides, presumably to make them go faster? Anyway, that ruined those $35 mounts for me, thanks. Please change the animation back to nothing, and let the Dawn Unicorn be exchangeable with the Dusk Unicorn.

Thanks.

I am with you on this. I feel that everytime they add something to the game (mount, companion, new race), the items we purchased before are "downgraded". I assume we are expected to purchase something new all the time to keep their income flowing. As much as I agree that the game needs the financial support to improve, I think that the company should also take care (be considerate) of their customers/players who cannot afford to buy something new all the time (or those who can't afford to buy anything at all). The game is still riddled with bugs since the beta (I played during the beta as well). I wish to continue supporting the game (financially or other means). But at this point, I am debating whether it is worth to invest more money and time into it. I think that Neverwinter has a lot of potential to become a great MMO. However, that all depends on the company's decisions on how to develop the game further.
  • wudwaenwudwaen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ever since last patch rendering in dungeons has quit working correctly. Now large blocks turn into blanked out screen. It is more of a problem in areas that are tight, less so in areas that have a lot of room. For example, the first dungeon, no blank areas. Going after Honor in the dungeon by the Inn, large areas turn into flat blank brown sheets. In the first dungeon in Black Lake, with Fargo, the stairwells vanish, walls disappear, - all turned into flat blank grey sheets. This happens no matter what setting the graphics are placed at (all the way down or all the way up - it is the same.)
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. ~ Cecil Beaton
  • darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Flame strike is still bugged
  • drellcanterdrellcanter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    your patch is trying to patch all the time sever not responding a patch to the patch that is broke
This discussion has been closed.