test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.4

Comments

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Patching very slow here, 788/1313 MB. Other patches went relatively quick (100 mbps line), this one is barely moving, reminds me of Path of Exile.
  • magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how long does this take to patch..ffs..I have a 50mb dl connection..going at a snail pace.

At 91% and i feel your pain. its going real slow. They need to fix whatever connection speed on their end.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how long does this take to patch..ffs..I have a 50mb dl connection..going at a snail pace.

Same issues for me , same speed as you too , even the entire Fury patch only took a few minutes to download , this is taking a very very long time.
  • magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Same issues for me , same speed as you too , even the entire Fury patch only took a few minutes to download , this is taking a very very long time.

Suggest moving your patcher around on your desktop and remove some processing items from task manager. will help on processing speed some.
  • ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is OK...they are suffocating the same hard work they have put in by making it impossible to get in and spend all that good money on those "new items" they have implemented.
  • atesz0000atesz0000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Has come down today?
    soft slow to come : Mad:
    edited September 2013
    ragnarog3 wrote: »
    It is OK...they are suffocating the same hard work they have put in by making it impossible to get in and spend all that good money on those "new items" they have implemented.

Server is up when you get in. Good luck everyone.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What.... and give keys a .0001% change to drop? Pfft. Then who would buy them from the Zen store?

So you expect people to farm 10000 mobs instead of buying multiple keys? If anything it'd make it more tempting to actually get keys by giving them a taster. I don't mind though,they're an obvious waste of money and I'm not as into the feywild boxes too.

Can you guys make bosses drop better loot though in Malabog's Castle. It's stupid doing it over and over just for blue items so that it costs more to do the dungeon than your reward. I guess you guys have been busy since you messed up the expansion and introduced a lot of bugs though. Should've delayed it to work on it more imo.
    edited September 2013
    sarcasm sometimes confuses people...but honestly who is going to count 10000 mobs to make sure they get a key?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    magbrawn63 wrote: »
    Suggest moving your patcher around on your desktop and remove some processing items from task manager. will help on processing speed some.

Hope you are being sarcastic.

He just said a patch that was 5 times larger took only a few minutes with the same machine. Now you are lucky to get 2% every 10 minutes!

This is ridiculously slow and there was no indication prior about the size of this patch which for me shows at 1,313 MB.
  • skathiiiskathiii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    patching for an hour already.... stucked at 45% and not moving... wth =/ cmon fix it please! i want to play
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    very slow downloading: 250MB / 1313MB
    edited September 2013
    82.5% after nearly one hour
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    download painful... wth? Players stopped buying zen with $$ to have a descent armor and moved on? So now you are saving on the network broadband costs?

humm...
  • kiyamasamakiyamasama Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    me too! so close! 28%...
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Didn't this slow patching occur once before? I think it you look hard enough, there's still old post about it.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited September 2013
    HMMM...I guess 82.5% is my magical number...maybe I should get some keys or play the lotery since I have a 82.5% chance of anything
  • thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    Anyone can pay for the feywild pack, anyone can buy the dusk unicorn. I don't see the issue here. If you were stupid enough to think that the unicorn model wouldn't be used for anything else, that's your own fault. They've reused assets constantly. Look at people who bought the $60 founder pack, their horse has been used a bunch.... so what?

/cope

Or at least learn to complain about things that matter like a foundry that still is only half finished or AD costs for things like unsocketing / re-speccing being so prohibitively high that most users are forced to buy zen or not use those.

You obviously couldn't figure out what I was thinking, but just for you: complaining about all the other things wrong with this game would take way more time than it deserves. Pretty much like you.
    I don't know why you're calling me stupid or yelling at me for NOT *****ing about other aspects of the game, but hey, enjoy yourself :)
  • atesz0000atesz0000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think the server is overloaded, everyone is loading the update
  • darthbawldarthbawl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seriously devs?
    Change Appearance: Temporary versions of Summer fashion items are no longer able to be transmuted over permanent items.

You nerf that but don't do squat about the Feywild launch day box fiasco that you simply passed on doing anything? I think you folks got your priorities really screwed up.
    edited September 2013
    I think dial up would have been faster to download 101 MB back in the day....btw...maybe I should not play the lottery new number is 42%...Trying what we did for the day the game went from Beta to live...same issues then...what worked for me was to restart the start window....but that is not the case today
  • kiyamasamakiyamasama Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just started the game, spend all night downloading it played like 2 hrs then patch... 35% and counting. Loved the game though
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Good god, not only has my game been running like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since yesterday, massive lag and rubberbanding issues but now the patch like doesn't even DL. This is a game side issue too since my ISP is fine and web browers / other games have no issues.
    The 3 Gb sharandar patch took me like 2 min to DL and this 372 MB patch has taken an hour to get to 5%...............FFS!!!!!
  • skathiiiskathiii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    were all doomed, it will never end....
  • vigor75vigor75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I only have one complaint. No way to look at a lfg list and ask players to come into the dungeon on the last boss fight as an example. Other mmo I have played when a player disconnects during a dungeon or raid you can look into a menu that shows que'd players for that dungeon. You can private message them and ask them if they would like to come into the dungeon no matter what progress has been made. If they agree they can be summoned in to your group for the remainder of said dungeon. This helps when people disconnect during the dungeon. If someone disconnects you might as well all leave the dungeon cause it wont happen if you try to 4 man a boss without heals or tank etc.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013

You're aware that the module was pre-patched, right? Downloaded for the most part at some point after you had quit playing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vigor75vigor75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly this big of a patch to add a stupid mount. Why are we trying to attract kiddies to this game. Let me chase bunnies and run around with kitty kats in WOW lets keep this game pure and not all jazzed up for the kiddies.
  • obviouslydrizztobviouslydrizzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like you did with the Heavy Mystic Nightmare, please allow the people who purchased a Fury of the Feywild pack to exchange their BOUND (because they came that way) Dawn Unicorn mounts for Dusk Unicorn mounts from the Zen market. They look much cooler than the original, and I know many people that bought the FotF pack are upset about it. I bought the Heavy Howler a few weeks into the beta of this game, and then the white tiger later on because I really enjoyed how they looked. Then you ruined them with your animations of the flailing arm slapping their hides, presumably to make them go faster? Anyway, that ruined those $35 mounts for me, thanks. Please change the animation back to nothing, and let the Dawn Unicorn be exchangeable with the Dusk Unicorn.

Thanks.
    edited September 2013
    I have four mounts...all bound...I do not need another no matter how cool it looks...besides I am getting the feeling that the game is not going as far as WoW since this keeps happening
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Common I like the game a lot but....well do I need to say more? Get more devs fixing bugs/problems instead of new items and cinematic (irritating). Yes I know..different teams address different parts of the game (bugs, cinematics etc etc) Lets melt them to one team: fixbugsfirst.com
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
This discussion has been closed.