test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130828.4

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
For a full list of today's patch notes, please click here.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great... The transmuting of bound items onto unbound items was one thing i really liked... Cryptic, i normally stick by you, but this is bull. The whole preventing the peasant garb into the temp sunite garb makes sense. But now my friends who have like 5 fools crowns on one character have to sit on them instead of being able to give their alts them too.
  • Options
    saints71saints71 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    AH buyout sorting still not fix.........
  • Options
    nexiusrexnexiusrex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully it is and just didn't make the notes.
  • Options
    entuguitarentuguitar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What time will the patch be over? I cannot login they say unable to authenticate. Is this due to the patch?
  • Options
    xavier2064xavier2064 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maintenance is scheduled from 7 to 9 am PST
  • Options
    altreg01altreg01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Says patch times right on the launcher o.0
    I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nexiusrex wrote: »
    Hopefully it is and just didn't make the notes.

No, it's not. What they said:
    panderus wrote: »
    The Auction Hall sorting fix is up there, but the person who can best fix it is currently working on something else also important. Drives me nuts as well.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    evilnarratorevilnarrator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice amount of fixes, yet there's still alot to go devs. Some advice, focus more on fixes, less on ZEN items.
  • Options
    discountbobdiscountbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Companions: Honey Badger should have his missing sounds restored. He didn’t mind though.

Love it. +1 to someone for having a sense of humor.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please add some feature to stop dungeon exploiting, take out shortcuts and all that stuff that makes the game feels like work. Resolve the issue of hundred of thousand bank accounts and no players. The bot issue. And the foundry bot rater, also add some coin base system for foundries or something to make it a more important part of the game, a random button for it would be awesome.
  • Options
    krishn04krishn04 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about a fix for unstoppable not working for gwfs
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how about when you fix something"take away from characters" and other creatures in dungeons (example is: Gauntlgrym) they are for some reason stronger and harder to kill that they are part of the patch notes also. Not find out when you are in the dungeon and find out on your own
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    pvp pots fix? are we -ever- gonna see it? hello?
    buyout price sorting?
    aoe damage not in the designated areas (MC boss being a prime example) ?
  • Options
    san0fsatansan0fsatan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice , 9:30 its over ?
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please fix the Broken TAB button for GWF and TRs, the tab was broken 2 times totaly before patch on my TR now its broken 2 times/h atleast. And the ITC encounter need to be fixed asap, feels like its a 50/50 chance it triggers in pvp. Very often i get the cooldown but the ITC doesent trigger.
  • Options
    meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can't wait till the patch is released and I can play this game. I hope they fix bugs with missing iliyanbruen blades from some of the malabog quests http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?478121
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • Options
    magessamagessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Downloading the patch already, almost there... 10% of ~260MB to go...
  • Options
    tbickertontbickerton Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well , let us not forget, (esp, those of us using a somewhat slower internet connection) that the patch will be about 6 or 7 tenths of a gig. download before it will be possible to log in and see if everything, or anything works.

I would just like to see the latency / lag / framerate / server disconnects / etc adjusted.

Even dropping all my settings as low as I can and using a fast internet and computer more than half the time I cannot move in PVP / crowded pve areas.

Maybe it is me, maybe it is the servers, but something is going to have to change, to allow playing.

That or perhaps I am being told to seek a different game, I really want to love this one, but come on a huge patch each week, I have played a lot of betas and this feels like i'm stuck in beta mode.

If it ever solves the basic movement / capabilities problems for avg. computers then the idea of buying zen will be much more appealing.

Thad.

ETA: post above quotes 260 megs, mine shows 608 gigs. Be nice to know why and how I might adjust to get it to be the smaller download, not that 200+megs is a small patch / download.
  • Options
    kahl5kahl5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about fixing tr's bug that make impossible to get invisible, or the GWF's issue that can't activate unstoppable?
    I think is way more important than fixing a quest or a graphic effect to be able to play your char how is intended to.
    Guys, make your game playable please.
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, when are you guys gonna fix the infinitely spawning mobs in Frozen Heart/Spellplague Caverns/Temple of the Spider? And some other bugs in the T2s as well...

And how about the Stealth glitch where your stealth bar gets stuck at full but you can't stealth, and you have to relog to get it to work. And unstoppable not working, requiring you to stay out of combat until it completely depletes?

I'd rather have these things fixed over some sound issues with companions.

Edit: Just to be clear: I don't expect you guys to fix it immediately or something, I understand that sort of stuff might take a lot of effort. All I'm asking for is an ETA for those things to be fixed, as I'd like to be able to actually run those dungeons, especially now that most of the items are BoP, and I can't run the dungeons with one character and get the items for other characters. I'd like to actually be able to survive in there, and not deal with 30+ Arachnomancers/Trolls/Plaguegazers beating down on me while I also try to fight the next group of enemies.
  • Options
    thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They did something even better. They reskinned the Fury pack mount that only a few people paid for, and made it a regular mount that everyone can pay for. Isn't it great?
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
    Yea lol people who paid for the FeyWild pack( including me) get the ****tier looking unicorn now.
    thyralion wrote: »
    They did something even better. They reskinned the Fury pack mount that only a few people paid for, and made it a regular mount that everyone can pay for. Isn't it great?
  • Options
    sarv10sarv10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    massive patching problems
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea lol people who paid for the FeyWild pack( including me) get the ****tier looking unicorn now.

That made me choke on my lemonade. I needed that laugh. Thank you.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    belashanbelashan Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sarv10 wrote: »
    massive patching problems

Same here. I am stuck at 45% I checked with my two ISP and ran into a brick wall.
  • Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait... So in addition to increasing the rate of lockboxes that dropped last patch, they increased the rate at which lockboxes dropped again?!?! How about increasing the rate of drop of the keys by .0001% to compensate for the over abundance of lockboxes that drop.
  • Options
    ghestapwghestapw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thyralion wrote: »

Anyone can pay for the feywild pack, anyone can buy the dusk unicorn. I don't see the issue here. If you were stupid enough to think that the unicorn model wouldn't be used for anything else, that's your own fault. They've reused assets constantly. Look at people who bought the $60 founder pack, their horse has been used a bunch.... so what?

/cope

Or at least learn to complain about things that matter like a foundry that still is only half finished or AD costs for things like unsocketing / re-speccing being so prohibitively high that most users are forced to buy zen or not use those.
    Rhev@ghestapw - Co-GL <iTyrant> - ityrantguild.com - Beholder server
    Try out my first foundry mission - The Missing Youth - NW-DGX79EG65
  • Options
    sitaillyriasitaillyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    + 1 discountbob ! funny log ^^

less pleasant is the fact you don't see in advance the amount of AD that will be necessary for unslotting enchantments !

what a bad idea, especially that i don't see what positive consequence it may have in game. The only one i see is that some players may have to spend more AD than they thought, as they even don't know what amount of AD they will have to throw away for unslotting their enchantment.
    this kind of method has names : abuse, rip-off... how may you justify to stop from showing the "price" in AD of unslotting the boosters, please ? cause i would'nt like to be unfair, i've maybe not thought about everything...

this appart, thx for the good work though !
  • Options
    aggronaughtaggronaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    how long does this take to patch..ffs..I have a 50mb dl connection..going at a snail pace.
  • Options
    phoenixshockphoenixshock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    How about increasing the rate of drop of the keys by .0001% to compensate for the over abundance of lockboxes that drop.

What.... and give keys a .0001% change to drop? Pfft. Then who would buy them from the Zen store?
This discussion has been closed.