test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.5.20130828.3 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes
  • General: Corrected issues with some powers not being able to properly score critical strikes such as: Storm Pillar, Shard of the Eternal Avalanche and Flamestrike.
  • Control Wizard: Chill class feature: Chill may now properly stack on all Crowd Control immune bosses though it does not slow or freeze them.
  • Devoted Cleric: Miracle Worker Set: The effect from this armor set may no longer trigger multiple times from certain powers and no longer requires a target being hit.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Weapon Master's Strike: Multiple instances of the same FX will no longer trigger under certain conditions.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Bravery class feature: Corrected tooltip to mention it increases Deflect Chance rather than Deflect. Updated Rankup tips to state Deflect Chance.
  • Trickster Rogue: Blitz: This power's audio should no longer echo in certain conditions.

Quests and Environments
  • Helm's Hold: Grass and other environmental objects should no longer disappear unexpectedly when exploring this map.
  • Helm's Hold: This map no longer has an extra exit landmark that is inaccessible.
  • Lair of the Pirate King: Some areas where you could not see environment or enemies past a certain distance has been resolved.
  • Lair of the Pirate King: Companions should no longer get stuck longing for their masters after using the anchor to engage the Pirate King.
  • Midsummer Festival: Players may now interact with flowers during combat. Interaction does not break when hit.
  • Mount Hotenow: Environmental FX has had some minor performance updates.
  • Sharandar: Feywild Breach: Audio should now play properly in all areas of this map.
  • Sharandar: Quickling Den: Xylene should now have a boss introduction cutscene when players come close enough.
  • Sharandar: Dark Fey Enclave: Using the door to this neighborhood will no longer send an erroneous message stating you need a key to enter.
  • Sharandar: The Dark Fey Enclave portal will no longer call out that you need a key to use it after you have already aquired the key.

Items and Economy
  • Change Appearance: Temporary versions of Summer fashion items are no longer able to be transmuted over permanent items.
  • Change Appearance: When a Bind on Equip item is transmuted to look like a Bind on Pickup item, the resulting item is now bound.
  • Companions: Cat: This companion should no longer sound like a Panther and makes proper grooming sounds as a small cat should.
  • Companions: Honey Badger should have his missing sounds restored. He didn’t mind though.
  • Riding a mount for extended periods of time will no longer cause the rider and mount animations to become out of sync.
  • Kobolds and Trolls in the Midsummer Festival now drop lockboxes at a rate of 1.5%.
  • Minions may now drop lockboxes and slightly raised the chance for all other enemies to drop them as well.
  • Mage's Cloth Cap +2 profession task now only requires a single Mage's Cloth Cap +1 instead of 2.
  • Resolved issue with an item that was causing players to have grunts and sounds of a Wight.

Foundry
  • Key items once again drop from Foundry quests.

Gateway
  • Auction House: You are now allowed to remove a lot you have posted before any bids have been placed as you can in game.

Graphics
  • The quality slider in the Graphics Options now accurately shows the current state, instead of requiring a nudge to get settings up to expected levels.

Localization
  • Various cases of untranslated text throughout the game have been addressed.

User Interface (UI)
  • Admin message for players acquiring an Areanea now announce "PlayerName has acquired an Aranea".
  • Campaign Window: May now be assigned a keybind through the options menu.
  • Character Creation: There are now proper mouseover tooltips for "Head Shape" and "Body Shape".
  • Character Equipment: Dragging items from the equipment slots should not longer drag the window as well.
  • Boons: Added a confirmation if you want to exit the window without spending points (similar to Feats). Updated the button text to better reflect power choosing.
  • Item set tooltips once again properly display the names of other items in the set.
  • Naming a companion will now properly save if all of your Companion Active Slots are full.
  • Mail: "Report Spam" button is disabled on mail that is not from another player such as NPCs.
  • Multiday Event Display: There is now a permanent element on the HUD for long term events such as the Midsummer Festival.
  • Popup dialog windows should properly close when using the ESC key once more.
  • Queues now give priority to complete 5 person parties which should speed up queue times for such parties in some cases.
  • Queues for epic dungeons now show the maps intended player level instead of the maps level.
  • Resolved a case where VoiP would no longer properly play party members speech.
  • Salvaging Window: Received some layout and art updates.
  • Slotting an Enchantment no longer mentions the Astral Diamond cost but does state there is a cost if you want to unslot later.
  • The Looking for Group chat channel will now properly switch you to the channel after typing "/lfg " instead of requiring enter being pressed.
  • The mount icon in your power tray is now grey when you cannot mount at your current position.
  • The Health bar mouseover tooltip will now display more information about your temporary health.
  • Vendors: Buying an item from a vendor will now make sound when double clicking to make a purchase.
  • When receiving a title, the icon will now use the one from the granting Achievement if there is one.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Preview should be updated just after 4pm PST or so.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    reworked stalwart = permanent?
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Devoted Cleric: Miracle Worker Set: The effect from this armor set may no longer trigger multiple times from certain powers and no longer requires a target being hit.
    Shouldn't be Miracle Healer?
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No GWF buff? No unstoppable fix? No Valindra's bug fix? You do nothing, seriously.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    reworked stalwart = permanent?

since the teambasically ignored all post reegarding this i can asume the rework is permanent and will not change
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's when you want for fixing the action house...
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Midsummer Festival: Players may now interact with flowers during combat. Interaction does not break when hit.
    An interesting approach, but I have to wonder if this will actually make matters worse...
    Change Appearance: Temporary versions of Summer fashion items are no longer able to be transmuted over permanent items.
    Change Appearance: When a Bind on Equip item is transmuted to look like a Bind on Pickup item, the resulting item is now bound.
    Great. People abusing the transmute system to get / sell item looks that weren't intended for that can be very frustrating to people who spend the time or money to do things the "right" way. I presume however this will not impact items already transmuted?
    Character Equipment: Dragging items from the equipment slots should not longer drag the window as well.
    This has been driving me crazy.

I hope that before this patch goes live you'll also have some progress on the unstoppable/other abilities seizing up issue. And I'll throw in that fixing the orientation of the Call to Arms orc orb would be nice to, if largely unimportant. :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I hope that before this patch goes live you'll also have some progress on the unstoppable/other abilities seizing up issue. And I'll throw in that fixing the orientation of the Call to Arms orc orb would be nice to, if largely unimportant. :)

The patch will likely be going live tomorrow morning so I wouldn't except any changes unless something goes wrong.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The aranea admin announcement is already on live, as are lockboxes dropping from minion mobs.

Lockbox drops (and nothing else) from the midsummer monsters is going to annoy players who are already gritting their teeth at the inflated drop rate from putting them into the minion loot tables.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lockbox drops (and nothing else) from the midsummer monsters is going to annoy players who are already gritting their teeth at the inflated drop rate from putting them into the minion loot tables.
    I don't really see a big deal: If we had to deal with an interactive loot popup with these things (as in another PWE / Cryptic game I play) it would be one thing, but since these just throw themselves into inventory when I walk over them its really just a little extra screen noise.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any patch notes that describe even the most minor "balancing" or "fixing" of DC powers or armor set bonuses cause me deep concern. God forbid that one of the DC's only healing options not affected by Righteousness work TOO well....

Could we please take the dev assigned to balancing DC gameplay and have him/her start balancing the lack of diminishing returns on CC and also dragon combat mechanics as of this expansion? If they can find things to balance for DCs, they should have no problem balancing the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of all the really broken stuff :P

On the plus side, it's always nice to have powers crit properly, so thank you for that :)
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• xperfixperfi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow I really can't believe this.
    you fix so many minor bugs but something like the AH buyout bug, exploits in dungeons and other stuff are not gonna fixed.

I really advise you to reconsider your priorities and focus first on crucial bugs.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    xperfi wrote: »
    wow I really can't believe this.
    you fix so many minor bugs but something like the AH buyout bug, exploits in dungeons and other stuff are not gonna fixed.

I really advise you to reconsider your priorities and focus first on crucial bugs.

The Auction Hall sorting fix is up there, but the person who can best fix it is currently working on something else also important. Drives me nuts as well.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Omg fix the AP gain issues with GWF seriously!!!!!!!
    GWF can hardly use any dailies ATM.. Gets no aoe AP gain... It's been 2 weeks now and you have done nothing about it

Beyond annoyed!
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Devs please respond to my post as at this point almost every GWF is frustrated that its taking 3-4 times longer to build a daily than any other class!!
    This is important devs
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't believe you fix so many insignificant features such as a copy of an exit gate and don't do anything about dungeon exploits, valindra not fighting along fulminorax when people purposefully make her go away, or the very irritating auction house sort bug. I'm really wondering why i write so many very detailed bug reports. :confused:
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So GWFs that are not speced Destroyer still suffer AP generation starvation. Nothing like watching all other classes crack off 2 dailies while you are still trying to generate enough AP to cast your first one.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Queues now give priority to complete 5 person parties which should speed up queue times for such parties in some cases.

Thank you - really appreciated - this was really annoying during the "Call to Arms" event when we had a 5-man group ready, and wanted to run the skirmish over and over....but had to wait for quite some time between skirmishes.

I also really happy to see the fix to the non-critting flamestrike. I think (90% sure) it's the same issue with Forgemaster's flame ... and if that is the case, I really, really hope that got fixed too, as I use that heavily.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I don't really see a big deal: If we had to deal with an interactive loot popup with these things (as in another PWE / Cryptic game I play) it would be one thing, but since these just throw themselves into inventory when I walk over them its really just a little extra screen noise.

It doesn't really bother me personally, but the increased rate of lockbox drops is already generating ill will as it is. Putting them onto monsters that don't even drop anything else (except kobold flowers) seems like an extremely foolish move, and makes it all the harder to argue that the rationale behind the tweaking is not simply to push players to buy more keys.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Seriously u guys rly need to fix the dungeons.... Its been like this for months now :/

I understand u guys are rly busy with some other issues but could ur designers take a day or two to place some invisible walls, just temporarily while u dont come with a decent fix. I dont even ask to work on boss behavior.... just some invisible wasll pls :D
  • kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not a single mention about the disgusting lag / server spikes.
    For shame.
    MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2013
    Balance the boss fights better, THEN nerf the exploits. The main reason people are exploiting in dungeons is because certain boss encounters are way too difficult. Though I think creative use of terrain shouldn't be considered an exploit, however bosses should be able to target players regardless of where they are.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Classes
    • General: Corrected issues with some powers not being able to properly score critical strikes such as: Storm Pillar, Shard of the Eternal Avalanche and Flamestrike.

Please include a fix for Shard of the Endless Avalanche killing off non-augment pets. As seen here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465291-Bug-Pet-Disappearing
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    thank you for the cw fixes.

could we get some kind of info about Impossible to Catch? its currently not working: does not make immune to knockbacks, and also sometimes does not trigger when cast but still goes on cooldown

thks again
  • malekrothmalekroth Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Again, no fix for Dracolich.

Again, no fix for class bugs, except for WMS exploit fix. (Bugs that make a class underperform, remain bugs, you cant keep adressing the exploit parts only).

Again, no fix for AH bugs.

I honestly wonder what is more important than fixing the bugs that are making the game less enjoyable for everyone?

Every patch you come up with these ridiculous fixes and changes which are mostly cosmetic, like you are trying to justify the existance of the patch, while at the same time you dont deal with the things that people are reporting back with.

Bugged dungeons (both CN and MC), bugged classes, bugged items (PF sounds familiar?)...

When are you going to deal with those issues that affect every one of us? Would it be so hard to at least get an ETA or a progress report on how the things that are important to US, THE PLAYERS are being handled?

I honestly could care less about whether players can interact with flowers during combat!
  • kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Servers lagging / spiky connection

Every 3 seconds, servers are delivering unopened packet data causing bottlenecking and freezes, causing solo instances and party dungeons to be unplayable.

Fix?
    Care?
    Fan base?

Hell, just keep pumping out idiotic pig mount skins and it will all be fine eh?
    Lemme guess... you guys 'dont' see these lag spikes, or is it that you simply dont care to deliver quality of service in spite of the multitude of players begging for a fix..
    MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about to fix the invisible walls in the Lair of the Pirate King at the location point where you have to set an explosion.Yesterday i was to close to that explosion and the blast pushed me behind the invisible walls from that corner and got stuck in the terrain
    Team players told me to type /killme to kill the character,i did,got injured, i had to run to the team from the beginning of the cave , lucky me the mobs doesn't respawn and i had injury kits.

Or how about to add a "Cancel Bid" button on Auction, i wanted to cancel my bid yesterday on a necklace but i didn't found a way.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    so many months and still not a fix on the GF's shield clipping into the cloak?

i posted this once in the bugs section but couldn't find it again.
    edited September 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Thank you - really appreciated - this was really annoying during the "Call to Arms" event when we had a 5-man group ready, and wanted to run the skirmish over and over....but had to wait for quite some time between skirmishes.

I also really happy to see the fix to the non-critting flamestrike. I think (90% sure) it's the same issue with Forgemaster's flame ... and if that is the case, I really, really hope that got fixed too, as I use that heavily.

The CTA queuing was actually a separate issue and was resolved. This is just a performance tweak to put preformed parties slightly ahead of the line for creating instances.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The CTA queuing was actually a separate issue and was resolved. This is just a performance tweak to put preformed parties slightly ahead of the line for creating instances.

Ah, OK, well..it is still appreciated. It would have been nice to get some of the big issues fixed, but I can wait for them - there are some annoying ones (lag spikes and AH sorting in particular), but they are not game-breaking.
    Hoping for improvements...
This discussion has been closed.