test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOP GG items = no reason at all to play it after set

archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What reason is there to PvP in Gaunt after you have your set?

My hunch is that the dev's wanted to remove yet another way
to make AD in the game.

GG is a ghost town with long ques after the first one now.

Not a good situation for new players coming into the game.
Post edited by archomental on

Comments

• Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    GG is now only good for the daily , no more grind since apart from salvage ther eis no reason to run it anymore :), and well the dungeons drop since it is a 20%of you getting it then people do not like it to much they prefer to be playing CN
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Guess Im not missing anything, there is really no point in it!

The more the days go by, it amazes me they don't make changes
    that actually:

1) Keep people playing

2) Allow a good environment for new players coming into the game

As it stands now, new players are boned because there are MUCH less
    ways to get AD, and any items that are on the AH are way overpriced
    for new people.

Ah well, as a day 1 player, Id prefer to see more ways to increase
    the longevity of the game for the player base.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi my name is cryptic, I made over half of t2 content pointless!

Yep. I haven't run a T1/T2 since the patch. I'll still run CN and maybe MC if I'm bored. Only reason I'd do GG is for the NE Dailies.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I"m glad GG is useful for people loving pvp or willing to get the T2 pvp set. There is far less pressure to do the T1 dungeon again and again, and pugs complain a lot less when they understand you'll kick their asses if they try to run to the last campfire.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If people disagree with the content of a post, attack the post and not the poster. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yes your right. apologies
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pretty much. When DD is up it's like a ghost town too.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yeah no point in doing this anymore. it was fun for gwf, who have no place in dungeons for pve. i could at least do the GG events and make some AD selling the tier 2 pvp items...

but well.
    would be fun end with this bop thing...;/ i think increase the A/D refine amount is not viable alone...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    The refinement amount isn't really the problem. The problem is that it cuts into my daily refinement amount when selling gear never used to. Now I have to make a choice of how I make my AD every day - I can either do one thing or the other. I have enough time in the day to do more than one, but I no longer have a reason to. I run an event I want then I log out.

The other problem is that I used to be able to participate in one event with one character in the pursuit of a goal that had to do with another character. Twinking alternate characters is a common part of MMOs that simply doesn't exist in this game at all because of two reasons: bound gear and lack of shared bank space. Binding gear in itself isn't a terrible idea - it sends players through a progression so that by the time they get to the top tier of gear they've run through the bottom tier of dungeons. But experienced players really shouldn't be forced to go through the progression more than once. That's called grinding, and it's not very much fun.

I have no reason to run Gauntlgrym or PvP at all anymore. I can fill my daily refinement limit through Leadership alone. They no longer reward enough AD to be worth running nor do they have the incentive of earning gear to give to my alternate characters or guildmates.

In order for me to have a reason to engage in these activities I need to be able to give the rewards to someone else or sell the rewards to someone else.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't like the changes.

But what turned me away from GG PvP was watching 1 side cap all 5 points either prior to gates opening or now right after gate opens. (Both sides Delzoun and Luskan)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    The refinement amount isn't really the problem. The problem is that it cuts into my daily refinement amount when selling gear never used to. Now I have to make a choice of how I make my AD every day - I can either do one thing or the other. I have enough time in the day to do more than one, but I no longer have a reason to. I run an event I want then I log out.

The other problem is that I used to be able to participate in one event with one character in the pursuit of a goal that had to do with another character. Twinking alternate characters is a common part of MMOs that simply doesn't exist in this game at all because of two reasons: bound gear and lack of shared bank space. Binding gear in itself isn't a terrible idea - it sends players through a progression so that by the time they get to the top tier of gear they've run through the bottom tier of dungeons. But experienced players really shouldn't be forced to go through the progression more than once. That's called grinding, and it's not very much fun.

I have no reason to run Gauntlgrym or PvP at all anymore. I can fill my daily refinement limit through Leadership alone. They no longer reward enough AD to be worth running nor do they have the incentive of earning gear to give to my alternate characters or guildmates.

In order for me to have a reason to engage in these activities I need to be able to give the rewards to someone else or sell the rewards to someone else.
    pretty much that. run a couple pvp with guild, and i dont even need do the daily because the salvage from glory items will already get more than the enough of daily refining.
    so logoff.
    i was used to stay longer in game when i could run GG and get coins for sell items on AH. it had more purpose. i even was used to do lesser dungeons... now i dont even do dungeons because nobody like gwf on it, and since gg items bop. i only do the sharandar dailies and pvp.
    once i am done with the boons, i will probably play even less.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thought BOP might be a good way to go, supported giving it a try

was terribly wrong, needs to go back.

/wrist
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    BOP was the final straw for me. I'm no longer playing Neverwinter. I pop in to the forum from time to time, just to see what's happening. But I no longer have any desire or interest in playing the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    BOP was the final straw for me. I'm no longer playing Neverwinter. I pop in to the forum from time to time, just to see what's happening. But I no longer have any desire or interest in playing the game.

I'm pretty much at the same page as you, gonna wait a month or so to see if they're gonna do anything about the issue at all. if not, i'm leaving too. None of my irl friends wants to join me playing neverwinter as it's pretty much a hopeless situation for a new player to make AD, same goes for a veteran. A higher refine limit isn't gonna fix it either, they have to drop the massive BoP. It's really had a negative impact on the game and its economy. :(
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    I'm pretty much at the same page as you, gonna wait a month or so to see if they're gonna do anything about the issue at all. if not, i'm leaving too. None of my irl friends wants to join me playing neverwinter as it's pretty much a hopeless situation for a new player to make AD, same goes for a veteran. A higher refine limit isn't gonna fix it either, they have to drop the massive BoP. It's really had a negative impact on the game and its economy. :(

Same here. We've all been reduced to a bunch of solo players who just happen to run around in the same area trying to get some money.

Other than just for fun, there's no reason to run dungeons anymore, and frankly with the bugs and exploits running rampant, it's not that much fun to begin with.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A lot of players notice things are bad about BoP, try to tell cryptic they are doing things wrong on forum. And after all this time after that terrible patch they haven't changed a thing. It's like watching someone smoking 10 marlboros at once who won't listen, very sad.
  • Options
    g4tt0g4tt0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BOP is killing the game in all areas. GG became pointless (once you have T2 pvp set) and similarly DD (once you have T2 set). I was farming DDs/Malabog during this weekend and I ended up with over 100k rough ADs = pretty much no reason to play for 4 days until I refine it. Farming CN over and over again is seriously boring - I do hope it will be changed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    More and more I think every decision they make in the game is how to
    control the AD market, and less about keeping players playing more
    and staying motivated.

Id pay to see the population graph over the last 3 months. They have to
    realize that they need to communicate and listen more to the community.
    This is the only game I play right now, and Im hoping it sticks around.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think its fair for people who don't want to have spend the time, to give a few keys in exchange for that gear. Its a great way make sure those who don't need coins, can interact. You have everything known to the world, enchantments, gear, on zen store.

Why not allow those who wish to sell gear do it
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More and more I think every decision they make in the game is how to
    control the AD market, and less about keeping players playing more
    and staying motivated.

Id pay to see the population graph over the last 3 months. They have to
    realize that they need to communicate and listen more to the community.
    This is the only game I play right now, and Im hoping it sticks around.

TO THE COMMUNITY MODERATOR: Do you hear anything, any debate from devs/Cryptic about rolling back the failed BoP idea?

Across almost every thread, this is what the debate is all about... Hopefully they react before it is too late and all have moved on... half people in my guild are not even logging anymore... some have outright moved on...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A certain game came out this week which I know drew allot of people
    away that I played with (another MMO that I wont mention). The timing
    could not have been worse for NW.

The best thing they could have done in response to months of problems is to
    "man up" and communicate with the community via the forums. Ive been
    in sales for 20 years and the first thing I do with customers is admit problems
    AND THAN what Im doing towards the solution. That works 99% of the time.
    They want to know that Im aware of the problem, and that its being resolved
    or worked on.

Im thankful for "new content" coming out with CN, but I don't consider the
    new zones anything other than a sandbox. That kind of map that's basically
    a square peppered with mobs actually makes me feel like Im fighting in an
    arena every day as opposed to an open world.

Ive seen zero of this with NW, and it really doesn't make sense. What else would
    they expect? Its almost like the "hit it and quit it" with gaming, in terms of you
    get as much money upfront as you can and than let the game fade into the
    wind (oh wait that sounds strangely familiar).
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    TO THE COMMUNITY MODERATOR: Do you hear anything, any debate from devs/Cryptic about rolling back the failed BoP idea?

Across almost every thread, this is what the debate is all about... Hopefully they react before it is too late and all have moved on... half people in my guild are not even logging anymore... some have outright moved on...

A lot more player agree with BoP as they against this. Because only Q.Q of 20 player now is nothing against the 20+ sides of the WE-NEED-BOP players.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ladysylvia, you're the only person here I see who likes bop.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ladysylvia, you're the only person here I see who likes bop.

One mod and other forum reader post many links for threads in the past in which a lot of people wish BoP.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    A lot more player agree with BoP as they against this. Because only Q.Q of 20 player now is nothing against the 20+ sides of the WE-NEED-BOP players.

Clearly you haven't been watching the trends... I know of 12 people in my guild who just have stopped playing because there was "nothing else to do"... In fact, I have yet to find someone in game that claims this was a good idea. Their economy is going down because there is no way to create wealth from grinding blues and green... or leveling professions (and afford these 1M AD epic tools).

At least I got the chance to run dungeons before that patch and stack up some BoE epic stuff and sold them to get 4 full sets with rank7 minimum. Now it is nearly impossible to get a full set and make enough AD to enchant pieces...

Oh well... at least YOU are happy... Where did you get your stats that more players agree with BoP btw?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    One mod and other forum reader post many links for threads in the past in which a lot of people wish BoP.

That was 3 posts before people realized the devastating effect this had on the game... I know also a lot of people who thought that would be a good idea, then changed their mind VERY quickly...

You got your green shirt and pants yet?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    Once again, I think BoP is a good idea. I think they just implemented it wrong, without any regard to the systems in place or lack of systems that needed to be put in place before its implementation.

Selling gear shouldn't cut into my other ways of making AD, like professions. The salvager should, by all means, reward refined diamonds. Developers should encourage players to stay online as long as possible and engage in as many activities as possible - but I'm done refining diamonds within a few minutes of logging in just running my leadership tasks. I have NO REASON to participate in any other activity if the reward is unrefined diamonds.

Secondly, what other MMO EVER has gone this long without shared bank space? Seriously, devs: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! Why would you make all gear BoP without selling us shared bank at the same time? Not only could you have sold us a new service, but by binding gear your players are met with a choice: make a new character and do everything all over again (grindy and boring) or not make a new character at all and just log out.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    BoP would be a good idea if they were doing it the right way (and like ALL other MMO), which is boss drops are BoP and chest loot is BoE. Limiting chest to DD is unique, and uniquely dumb in my opinion... Chests should be available all the time if one's spend the effort to get to them. That would also would have made more sense as described below:

With this new BoP, AND the fact that they started dropping blue items (worth nothing but gold), they just garantee people would just farm/exploit maps to get first boss, then do it again.

When everything was BoE, it made sense to have Need/Greed, but now, it is virtually impossible to get any BoE sets, only rings, necks and belts... With this new BoP, they should just get rid of Need and let anyone get loot, even if they can't wear it so at least they can hope to make SOME AD reselling it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A lot of players notice things are bad about BoP, try to tell cryptic they are doing things wrong on forum. And after all this time after that terrible patch they haven't changed a thing. It's like watching someone smoking 10 marlboros at once who won't listen, very sad.

I made a thread complaining about the fact that they never listen to player feedback, but it got locked. Such wile questions are against the rules. I've never seen a game that ignores its community at this kinda level. This is what they just posted after tons of people complained about how hard AD was to obtain without paying real money. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=974931

A how-to guide of how to obtain 10k ad/day to be able to afford those 3mil ad-enchantments that you crave.

Edit: This is not flaming, just criticism.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Secondly, what other MMO EVER has gone this long without shared bank space?

What are you talking about? Shared banking is not normal to MMOs, even the most modern MMOs...

In fact, in the few MMOs with shared banking, you get considerably LESS total space! Why is this one of your bug bears? Do you actually know what you are asking for....?

It takes 15mins to make a new toon to almost double your storage in Neverwinter. You can get 2x new toon slots for just 500 Zen. Alternatively, you can create another account and do the same there.

Or you can just buy the largest bag and bank slots with AD into Zen from a week's worth of just Leadership.

If you are particulary sharp, there are even more ways to legimately get massive amounts of storage.

Storage is the least of the problems in Neverwinter, especially compared to most other freemium MMOs, otherwise there would massive complaints in forums all the time as there are often in other freemium MMOs. You are a lonely voice and you need to pull your finger out, look around yourself and ask why...

Back on topic, yes, I too have almost completely stopped playing the game due to the BoP changes. I only login to do the Daily 5-man PvP on two toons. My third toon is a Cleric, which I consider a broken class since Feywild so I do not play it.

I actually use the forums much more than play the game these days and soon enough no doubt that will dry up too.