test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOP GG items = no reason at all to play it after set

13»

Comments

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx, I've done loot split pools with many friends and guildmates at CN. Just agree at beginning that the winner will sell item in AH and split money evenly to those people in the split pool. The whole team doesn't have to be in the split pool, can be anywhere from 2-5 people in it.

yeah that is what my guild does now, the old guild I was in pretty much dissolved and I just formed group in zone.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Totally agree with OP.
    Making the items BoP was a big mistake and the crafting items being made BoP an even bigger one.

Think about how other games work - once launch happens, all the current players are near the top with little reason to run the dungeons without beinga ble to either kit out their other characters or sell items to other people in game.

Other characters then have the gauntlet of being totally destroyed in pvP puttin ghtem off as they don't have an easy way to gear up for it also.

Having access to BoE items from al tiers of the game made me want to level all the classes in teh game, without access to some of hte items more easily the game loses something for me. It makes it too hhard.

By adding BoP you focus on teh grind ratehr then the real fun of MMOs which is the emergent gameplay.

Please reconsider the changes and move us back to be able to shift anything we want into the AH or other characters.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    the crafting items being made BoP an even bigger one.

Completely agree. Lol they release a brand new profession, give it arguably BiS weapons, and make all said weapons BoP. So I have to level this new profession from 0-20, buy all purple assets, just to get 1 weapon that you can't trade. That's like 4mil+ investment for 1 item with no ability to get a return on your investment. Sorry 6mil investment if you buy and not farm the shards.
  • Options
    spittlezspittlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Too much to respond to 1 person heh.

Yes I got 2 DC only drops, there are plenty of class specific weapons/offhands that drop in different T2's that go for 60-150k right now. Obviously since I was in a pug I needed on everything as I need it to sell just as much as everyone else in group, I think anyone that is farming T2 for money would do that. That said I still need my T2 on my DC which is why I'm doing dungeons in the first place, for someone that needs the gear it's obtained more quickly with being able to choose what you get.

I am not talking about a month or 2 ago when you could still sell T2 and CN weapons for 500k+ I'm talking about very recently before patch, all T2's and CN were overfarmed and pretty much all gear was going for dirt cheap, just like otto said he made only 70k a day. I make ~100k a day just from rough AD, granted I have 5 60's. I get that 100k from doing what I want, PvP, instead of being forced to farm dungeons for AD.

Not to mention when I do want to do a dungeon I have gotten at least 1 item from it that I either need or can sell for good money. GG gear I would change back to BoE. But the market was too flooded before from BoE DD chests, let the people that want to buy their gear make me lots of money, and the people that are willing to farm it can get it easier.

Also the final boss drop is random so no matter what class you are if your class T2 drops you get it, and can now sell it for 500k+ instead of 80k.

If ninja looting in pugs is the new meta game in dungeons this game is in far worse shape than even the harshest critics claim it to be.

As far as loot from DD chests being BoP, it could work if adjustments were made to loot tables and drop rates for both the chest and boss drops. The loot tables and drop rates currently in place took into account that drops from the DD chest were BoE and were designed to restrict the flow of loot into the economy. Changing the chest drops to BoP does a more effective job at controlling the flow of loot into the economy but boss drops haven't been adjusted to match the new chest system.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    spittlez wrote: »
    If ninja looting in pugs is the new meta game in dungeons this game is in far worse shape than even the harshest critics claim it to be.

As far as loot from DD chests being BoP, it could work if adjustments were made to loot tables and drop rates for both the chest and boss drops. The loot tables and drop rates currently in place took into account that drops from the DD chest were BoE and were designed to restrict the flow of loot into the economy. Changing the chest drops to BoP does a more effective job at controlling the flow of loot into the economy but boss drops haven't been adjusted to match the new chest system.

Give me a break, I don't know a single person that rolls greed on their class specific items in a complete pug group. Get off your high horse.

Edit: Only CN, and that is when it is agreed upon beforehand.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also it's easier to actually gear your character if that's what you're running the dungeon for.

I also agree with BoP. Mostly.

But either I have bad luck, or Cryptic has some serious issues trying to figure out loot tables.

Of my total 17 runs in Malabos Castle to date. Other then Delve chest, I have seen 6 purple items drop.

Thats total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

T2 and T1 boss's should drop 1 single purple item every single time. Pre 60 I get it. Post 60, whats the f!ckin point running dungeons when you are already geared and the stupid boss's drop Blue items worth a couple gold?

Fix your loot table Cryptic.

Pretty please =)
  • Options
    bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Give me a break, I don't know a single person that rolls greed on their class specific items in a complete pug group. Get off your high horse.

Edit: Only CN, and that is when it is agreed upon beforehand.

Agreed, I use to greed on everything except for shards even on class specific items when i was the only one that could use it. But no one else did the same so i just started rolling need on class specific items in PuGs.
  • Options
    reeferdtrinireeferdtrini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pwe has bad decision makers evident in the last game i tried to play with them battle of immortals when they made all events time based. so if you worked,went to school or did anything else in the day and missed the event too bad for you. only after a few months and probably realizing their mistake the timers where removed.but by then the population had diminished so much most abandoned the game.

clearly i see a repeat of past actions and mistake based on reading players feed backs and actually playying the game.being on the beholder server in a guild of 400 persons maximum of now 8 ppl online at any given time of the day i'd say pwe has made very bad decisions in bop. i was against that decision because i love to farm and sell and trade it's actually a fun part of the game and also i buy zen and support the game. i understood from a friends point of view buying everything you wanted made the game to simple.but the fact is someone else was having fun to get the items to sell and that encouraged person's to play more longer hours and those who barely got to play buy had zen to log in look for the item they needed probably bid and go have fun when they had it after. but i was told i have no vision.

funny thing is my friends and all those who were in agreement with bop has yet to log into this game for over a month or more not even the new big fail fey patch motivated them to play. but guess who still play's, the person who bought zen,bought gears, grind for epics to make ad to make and gear new characters.

point is bop was a stupid idea and the ppl who suggested it clearly did not play the game enough, going on a empty test server to try things out is not the same as playing on the server where everyone is. and just as i thought the salvage person is trash esp with a 24k limit to rough ad. who really sits and thinks limiting stuff is a good idea. and why not make the group options better as in greed runs automatic rolls highest win. need runs person who items class drops for can roll and etc. instead of that ****ty roll system implemented now.

Used to do cn runs even thou i had my weapon after 10 runs to only see champ or gwf weapons drop i gave up on that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cause you know they would always roll need on it after all and no one could be angry at them cause its the system in place..