test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Event: Summer Festival

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited September 2014 in News & Announcements
Summer is in full swing and we're celebrating it with nearly three weeks of fun in-game events and activities for you to enjoy!

Learn more about the Summer Festival: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=956651

Event Begins: Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (Pacific)
Event Ends: Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10 A.M. PDT (Pacific)

What are you most excited about? Let us know!

Event update: The event is now even more rewarding with the 09/12 update! Learn more about the Hero's Feast and 2x Petal rewards in our new blog: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=976231.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aesicaaesica Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there some hidden level requirement for participating in this event? Neither Knox nor the quest hub menu/whatever are giving me any means of entering the event zone.
  • valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try going to the festival vendor in Protector's Enclave. She's on the map.
  • svauntsvaunt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there a way to fix the broken profession that never leveled up after hiring?
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valasqua wrote: »
    Try going to the festival vendor in Protector's Enclave. She's on the map.
    Thanks, that did it. I hope PWE/Cryptic corrects their erroneous instructions on the blog entry, and maybe inserts some sort of text in the quest hub menu to help get people into the event with minimal hassle.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    aesica wrote: »
    Is there some hidden level requirement for participating in this event? Neither Knox nor the quest hub menu/whatever are giving me any means of entering the event zone.
    No, that whole "Players should talk to Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave who will send them to the Summer Festival adventure zone." from the news release is wrong.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why is only the top of the summer outfit available from the vendor? I'd like to be able to have the entire outfit (and not just the craftable 8hr version)

NM... got my answer, thanks
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So unfair... is it like it's summer for everyone. Only in USA
    SIGNATURE
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Why is only the top of the summer outfit available from the vendor? I'd like to be able to have the entire outfit (and not just the craftable 8hr version)

There is a rare task in proffesions that gives you permanent version of those two items.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Overall, I have to say this is a really nice event. I have not been happy with everything Cryptic/PWE have done (and I'm really pissed about their reaction to the "lucky player" issue), but this event is well done, and fun.

It also provides yet another thing for solo lvl 60 PvE players to do - something that was somewhat lacking before Sharandar and this event.

I have two primary alts, one (a female half-elf DC) really wants the Sunite outfit - already crafted the pants and the headgear, and just saving up for the garb - and yes, the pig companion and the water stuff too. My other alt is a male dwarf GF, and the armored boar is exactly what I wanted for him.

So, overall, I am very happy with this - thank you.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am finding the trolls/dragonshield/slywhatever kobolds are way op for someone just playing 1-2 weeks.

I have downed more healing potions fighting these things than any one quest ever done so far in this game.
    itpaladin.png

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    So unfair... is it like it's summer for everyone. Only in USA

The whole Northen Hemisphere is enjoying summer at the moment.
    edited August 2013
    itpalg wrote: »
    I am finding the trolls/dragonshield/slywhatever kobolds are way op for someone just playing 1-2 weeks.

I have downed more healing potions fighting these things than any one quest ever done so far in this game.

Everything is hard when you are starting, but there are things you can do to make it easier - get a good companion, get the best gear you can afford, learn to use your class powers properly and so on. You might want to head over to the class forums and ask for advice for your class.
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Everything is hard when you are starting, but there are things you can do to make it easier - get a good companion, get the best gear you can afford, learn to use your class powers properly and so on. You might want to head over to the class forums and ask for advice for your class.

This has nothing to do with being hard when starting.

If you read what I said again, it is THIS EVENT that is harder hitting than any other solo quest I have done thus far. I find companions not really necessary for solo quests, and even using them with this event, they die very easily to trolls or the non kobold minions. I have to chug so many heal potions going against these things, but I don't when doing the quest lines.
    itpaladin.png

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To all who want to craft a permanent top, make a temporary one and transmute your peasant tunic. You'll get the appearance without the transience. The cost is also greatly reduced from normal item transmutes.

Simple solution. Don't go far enough into the flower gathering area to run into any of these. The spawns nearer to the entrance are only minions and hurlers. They respawn so quickly you can basically run back and forth between two or three points and keep yourself quite busy. (Incidentally, on a level 60 character, I was using a level 10 man-at-arms companion last night just for the sake of training something new and his survivability against these monsters was astonishing. I don't even have any gear or runes on him.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Right, now to learn how transmute things!

However the Event is hardly all levels friendly. I'm only playing with my Suneite PC and at level 20-22 going much beyond the first hill of kobolds can easily get into a death situation mostly because of respawn rate. You can find yourself standing in the middle of a spawn point fighting a Slyblade and Dragonshield just to have another group spawn on you, this happens because picking the flowers removes the obvious evidence of a spawn point.

That said watching the 60's killing trolls (and occasionally kill stealing) makes it clear this event is a lot of fun.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    Testing...........
    edited August 2013
    It is certainly not a walk in the park Risa STO summer event.

It seems people still have a lack of reading comprehension in my posts (evidenced by my cleric post where 90% of the people did not address my issue). I did not specifically say just those two types of kobolds are the issue. Even the trolls 1v1 are a challenge for my man at arms at 30ish, and hit freakin hard on myself that I am, once again I am repeating myself due to lack of other people reading, chugging so much healing potions; well beyond what I have ever had to use in the quest lines given to me.
    itpaladin.png

• generia7generia7 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen a couple of people who already got the boar and the pig mount. Is there a way to earn the Tribute to Sunite faster to get those mounts this quickly? :confused:
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    generia7 wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of people who already got the boar and the pig mount. Is there a way to earn the Tribute to Sunite faster to get those mounts this quickly? :confused:

tarmalune bars i heard
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zippich wrote: »
    There is a rare task in proffesions that gives you permanent version of those two items.

Thanks, I had my filters on .... D'Oh!

To all who want to craft a permanent top, make a temporary one and transmute your peasant tunic. You'll get the appearance without the transience. The cost is also greatly reduced from normal item transmutes.

Excellent suggestion, thanks!

My lvl 52 CW gets chopped down to half health if I don't avoid the slywhatever/dragonshield special attack, and that's with a shield and cleric companion. Trolls I haven't had a problem with, and even in a good sized group they head straight for me because of my dps. I too have been chugging more potions than I have for any leveling content, but then again I am jumping immediately from fight to fight.
    edited August 2013
    It is certainly not a walk in the park Risa STO summer event.

It seems people still have a lack of reading comprehension in my posts (evidenced by my cleric post where 90% of the people did not address my issue).

Maybe because you are not sufficiently clear on exactly what the problem is...? Don't forget that English is not the primary (or even secondary) language of everyone here, and we are not a population of mindreaders - we don't necessarily know what you meant to say.

Now, I don't know what level you are or what class - all I can say is that I have not had any problems like you described, so I was just trying to figure out what was causing your problem.
  • magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As one of the NPC stated “It makes a nice break from the dungeons”, I agree fully.

This event is the first that I’ve lasted for more than 5 minutes without leaving in dismay.
    This is not some cheap and nasty add-on to keep the howlers quite for five minutes, this event is well thought-out and put together with the care and diligence that’s seen throughout the game.
    The activities are engaging and fun no matter what your level. Very immersive! Thumbs up to team that worked on this! Please know that your work is appreciated. Very well done indeed!!!
  • mr002trg1992mr002trg1992 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Love the background music, love the content. Love everything about this event so far. Thank you so much for your work!!!! Very appreciated :)
  • philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does every piece of armor/fashion item have to have these long flaps on them? why not just normal pants or tops?
  • glanngalladglanngallad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have always loved festival time in MMOs. You can gain access to some cool items and the quests are different and fun. This festival has to be the worst I have ever experienced. The rewards are silly; the quests boring; much too repetitive to be fun in the long run. Really? Does an uber champion want a flower on their shield and weapon? Really? Too "My Little Pony" for me.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have always loved festival time in MMOs. You can gain access to some cool items and the quests are different and fun. This festival has to be the worst I have ever experienced. The rewards are silly; the quests boring; much too repetitive to be fun in the long run. Really? Does an uber champion want a flower on their shield and weapon? Really? Too "My Little Pony" for me.

This uber champion does. I also have no issue with sparkles and/or unicorns. Go figure.
    Love the background music, love the content. Love everything about this event so far. Thank you so much for your work!!!! Very appreciated :)

Agreed completely. The 3 main activities are different enough that any class, of nearly any level has a fair shot at doing well in at least one of them. Even if you cant get 1st on the events the 3rd place rewards are generous. You can earn nearly 150 petals alone just by doing the daily. So for those who dislike grinding away, doing the absolute bare minimum over the course of the event will still gain you a ton. And for those motivated to grind you have the option to earn it all quickly.

All in all, it seems to strike a nice balance that nearly anyone can enjoy and take part in and still come out with an arm load of goodies.

This event is full of awesome and 100% Sockmunkey approved!
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    When I killed my 100th kobold I got the achievement Florist. I was hoping that I could get the title Florist as a permanent title. It would have been funny. I think there are some legendary nights named after flowers, the rose knight, even

As far as flowers are concerned, the flowers of chivalry were considered the most knightly of knights, the flower is also a very prominent chivalric symbol. Specifically the rose and the lily were very popular. I would not mind having a rose shield.

The event is excellent , however there are some pieces that feel unfinished. Why only third level for crafting for the Sunite priestess? Also, why is there no functioning bar? You could get a few sidequests from the bartender. I find some of the things missing as well. There are watermelons but you can't do anything with them. Also there is a dancing area which is interesting.

It feels like a few pieces are missing. Overall, it is very interesting, I like the grilling area for the trolls, and the flower area.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The watermelons, tomatoes, and squash, each make a food item. Each one has a nice buff. All three food items can be made into a feast that combines the buffs from all three into a single buff.
  • magnusvanguardmagnusvanguard Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The watermelons, tomatoes, and squash, each make a food item. Each one has a nice buff. All three food items can be made into a feast that combines the buffs from all three into a single buff.

Yeah I use a feast buff during a dungeon and got a nice boost that gave me just enough "Bang for my Buck" hehe one extra bang than the boss of the dungeon had anyway :) Awesome!

Don't forget that when gathering flowers you don't have to fight the kobolds, you can sneak in close and steal them from right under there nose's... snouts?
  • bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bottomless Waterskins are a great innovation, something we'd love to have in some other game, but we understandably cannot get due to being hated by Cryptic.

Thankfully, you're playing the superior game, so congratulations, NWO players, you earned it!
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*