test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wow- you guys made a huge mistake- cryptic/pwe

Comments

• Options
    leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I can sympathize with the OP. However, being able to outfit an alt in full epic gear for, what?, 2-3 days casual AD farming was just effin sad. Only thing more sad was releasing a D&D game without archers.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aib0t wrote: »
    OMG Nike Airs are too expensive! Nike forces kids in the hood to sell drugs and steal so they can afford to buy Nike Airs! Nike owes it to us all to lower the prices or make them free so we can all be equal!!11!1!11

Wow, what a bunch of "I want it NOW and for what I want to pay" crybabies. When you hit 60 you should just be mailed everything you want by the game gods because you deserve it for playing to level 60. Please grow up and lose the entitlement attitude.

You never need to buy ZEN in this game. You can buy anything you want with AD from the Auction house. You get that AD for free. Praying once an hour is a chance at free AD. Completing Dailies earns you free AD. Selling unbound assets and crafted items in the Auction house earns you AD. When someone lists an item in the Auction house they list it for a price they believe it will sell at. Players set the bid and buy prices. If the item does not sell the listing player loses money. They make a bet on the market with their bid and ask prices. Some players drastically undercut the set market to make a quick sale. Other players are quick to relist items below the new floor. It happens. No economy is perfect but the in-game AD economy is truly set by the players that make and break it. If you want to complain to the cause of the problem then start sending tells and mails to the players that list items for, in your opinion, ridiculous prices.

To those of you complaining about the gating of the new content; please understand that there are a great deal of mature, responsible and intelligent gamers that also play this game who understand and value a system that offers progression on a group or individual basis. This goals based system offers incremental rewards for participating. As is all content in the game the new content is optional. If you don't like it then you are not required to participate. In fact, you are not required to play the game at all.

There is an amazing amount of game play available in Neverwinter for free. The fact that you feel pressured into buying ZEN so that you can buy your way to being 1337! says much more about you than it says about this game.

Not all children are childish and not all who are childish are children.

~aib0t

This post reminds me of church when I was a kid.
  • Options
    blovisblovis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So much anger.

If it honestly makes you this angry personally i would recommend taking up some other past time, its just not healthy
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Adds for clarity in BLUE

snackas wrote: »
    Ok so here it is, im going to lay it out for you dev's.

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base, limited to my ten friends.
    Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on, because I should win, right?.
    PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we (my 3 remaining friends) expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.
    PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? WORK?!?!? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v. because you make this game so I can reap rewards for mashing keyboard buttons!

AH prices went from regular levels, (i.e.: ones I like) to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here because **I** cannot do what I want now!!.

If you dont really give a **** about your current player base, which it sure does seem like it, then I guess ill go play some other game, and spend my money on it, because these new updates suck so bad it makes me angry enough to post on the forum. You guys have one thing going for you at this point, "the combat" that's it. Because ** I ** am a game designer/developer/producer in my spare time.

FIX IT!!! and if this makes you mad, then I did my job. DO BETTER. Or I'll quit paying my subscri....

Honestly, if it weren't amusing, I would have moved on. It's like watching Lord of the Flies with 'bideo games' ;)
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this post is "70% loss player base." Umm... can you site some statistics on that?
    It was a toss up between that and nill (sic) gameplay. Maybe he forgot to turn on his pc.
    AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.
    I've been selling items I bought for around 2k for between 20-50k. Last time I checked that's less than 100k. Tell me which server you're on and I'll go list some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 90k for you.
  • Options
    larry8larry8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They screwed up forcing you to use arc to install game
  • Options
    snackassnackas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Colonelwing, my 70% stat was based on numbers that I put together from my guilds player base. None of our community ever said "gimme-for-free-plz, none of them ever got anything without having to work for it, and none of them ever got lucky with this latest free AD farm that the makers decided to drop in the game for a short period of time.

Every single person has paid their dues on gear sets, enchants etc. Sure we can farm Castle Never in 40 minutes to an hour, but the fact of all of this is "we did it right" we dident start a MLM in the game like many had. ALL of the BIG AD farms came from ****ty coding, or mistakes the all mighty game makers did themselves. The point of my initial post was simply to share my thoughts on the game itself. I give it 30 days at best.

Lets be honest here, would you want to recruit a friend to come play a game? some would I am sure, but anyone whom has been duped by these companies is thinking twice about it. I will not farm 5 tunes daily to unlock content, to run with my guildies, only to be able to burn trash mobs down, for gear, and weapons that is a tad bit better.

If I cant buy a simple ring from my previous efforts to give to an alt, then GFYS>>>> that's where you belong.

And to the trolls that never read the initial post, you can join the scrubs in the GFYS channel.

If the 70% you've mentioned are the ones of the "gimme-for-free-plz" "lfg-lfg-gogogogogogo!!!!!!" "only exp" generation... so be it. NW will be clean and lovely and a nice place to hang around in, with your family and friends. And that wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope the Dev see reason and change BoP back to BoE .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    snackassnackas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do too man. I was really looking forward to some new end game content, I came into this with very high expectations. This game has the best combat on a character that I have seen in a real long time, they are on point with that.

They probably have a V.P. of sales running data on their bottom line daily, and I am sure its what has been affecting the direction the game has gone too. Hey cryptic guys!!! if your in the SF. Bay area, invite me to come to your studio, lets talk.

:) I'm sure I can get off work early and pop on over.
  • Options
    incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    70% too high, more like 99% i cant find 5k people online most of the time.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    in before the lock...

• Options
    aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is anyone posting in this thread mad?
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    aerisod wrote: »
    Is anyone posting in this thread mad?

I'm just numb in regard to the whole D&D brand now.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All my friends quit. :(
  • Options
    aib0taib0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    All my friends quit. :(

Zalcs, with how much you complain about this content update all I can say is "To bad they didn't take you with them."

Honestly though, if you had solid reasonable arguments for change in policy it would garner my respect even if I disagreed with your position. Sadly though your argument seems to be that you are to lazy to farm AD, to lazy to earn the gear on your alts themselves, and to lazy progress in the new content. Really, I don't see how the game is at fault for your laziness.

~aib0t
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Ok so here it is, im going to lay it out for you dev's.

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base.
    So you woke up one morning and decided that cryptic lost 70% of their players, ok.
    Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on.
    Well i agree about blue items complaints, but for drake seals you can salvage those...and if you want some on your alts, just farm pirate king it is easy.
    PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.

Well it is full of bots to be precise, thanks to the salvaging system to PvP glory items.
    PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v.

Every single MMO i played was about farming loots.
    AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.

Farm your own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    aib0t wrote: »
    Zalcs, with how much you complain about this content update all I can say is "To bad they didn't take you with them."

Honestly though, if you had solid reasonable arguments for change in policy it would garner my respect even if I disagreed with your position. Sadly though your argument seems to be that you are to lazy to farm AD, to lazy to earn the gear on your alts themselves, and to lazy progress in the new content. Really, I don't see how the game is at fault for your laziness.

~aib0t

Exactly, players like those want an easy game with drops falling off the sky rofl.

Now with the new DD chest, players can get their BiS gear faster. All they need to do is putting bunch of rank 6s or 5s and they are good to go for CN to farm sellable loot.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SWTOR lost 70% of their player-base in the first few months.

This game has not seen that kind of loss.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Let me explain in more detail:

SWTOR lost 70% of their population in the first few months, according to their quarterly inverters reports. They launched with 1.7 million players, and we were spread over 20 some odd servers. When the people left, it was felt.

This game boasts 2 million players on 3 servers. If 70% of those people were gone, then the servers would be empty and the impact would be felt in much greater scale. There are many complaints on these forums, but the servers being empty is not one of them.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    raath13 wrote: »

SWTOR lost 70% of their population in the first few months, according to their quarterly inverters reports. They launched with 1.7 million players, and we were spread over 20 some odd servers. When the people left, it was felt.

This game boasts 2 million players on 3 servers. If 70% of those people were gone, then the servers would be empty and the impact would be felt in much greater scale. There are many complaints on these forums, but the servers being empty is not one of them.

Then you have completely missed the complaints about dead/dying guilds, people not queuing for dungeons, etc.. Maybe you should troll the lower depths some more. Not that I'm agreeing with 70% loss of players, but dying guilds are being felt and noted on.
  • Options
    kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This game does not have 2 million players. It might have 2 million accounts, with some massive percentage of those being operated by bots doing professions, but it does not have 2 million players.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    siestrion wrote: »
    Then you have completely missed the complaints about dead/dying guilds, people not queuing for dungeons, etc.. Maybe you should troll the lower depths some more. Not that I'm agreeing with 70% loss of players, but dying guilds are being felt and noted on.

I never understand this mentality.

You agree with me, yet still try to insult me?

I never said people weren't leaving. I am saying that number isn't 70%, as mentioned in the OP.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kierlakx wrote: »
    This game does not have 2 million players. It might have 2 million accounts, with some massive percentage of those being operated by bots doing professions, but it does not have 2 million players.

I keep seeing people saying this, but have yet to see anyone provide any sort of proof.

Do you have some?

(FWIW, I don't think there's 2 million players playing concurrently. I do think there's been 2 million players since the game launched, however.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

(FWIW, I don't think there's 2 million players playing concurrently. I do think there's been 2 million players since the game launched, however.)
    2 million account made some of then were gold-seller,other are/were alt account of someone main. I say 20,000 people up to maybe 200k people have played.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    there are lots of players with many, many accounts. Just for praying AD and chance at coalescent ward. The player i know with the most accounts has nineteen (38 characters}.
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I like bananas too.

And i like how you think you're entitled to speak for 70% of us, considering many of us have asked for the BoP changes since open beta. And considering many of us also asked the devs to make purples more rare.

Not "many" of you. A few of you spoiled brats who want to ruin it for everyone else.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    there are lots of players with many, many accounts. Just for praying AD and chance at coalescent ward. The player i know with the most accounts has nineteen (38 characters}.
    Does he know you can unlock up to 50 character(48+the two free ones) by the Zen store .
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »
    errr... Im not speaking for them. But I think what they wanted was for it to be BoP from the getgo. It should have been BoP from first release.
    Personally, because of the tymoria gift box event. As soon as I hit 60, i was able to buy everything I needed from the AH except for ancients (which i could have bought if i didn't opted to save up for stone first).
    And that is a ****ty mechanics. I was in "almost" BiS gear as soon as i hit 60 before even running any endgame content, that's a joke.

wrong, BoP makes people PLAY the game. Play the content that they need, and not just the one that is more profitable.

No, the vast majority do NOT want bop. Bop is pointless except to ensure that the few that can farm all day can get the top gear while everyone else suffers. What should have been changed is the NEED for the epic gear. t1 dungeons should not have required t1 gear to survive. t1 should have only required decent rare gear, and t2 should have needed t1 gear. instead the t1 dungeons required at least t1 gear (t2 preferred) and the t2 dungeons required t2 gear. THAT is the bad mechanics. I've played litterally dozens of mmos that never had a bind function. personally, I think biding is absolute ******* way to force more cash shop and AD purchases.
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    ^this is the kind of player that reminds me back of my eq2 raiding days, new content comes out, they farm n hog all the over world contested raid bosses, gear up there entire raiding force asap, then go tell the devs to go make it harder so that only they had any remote chance at it in the future, while the other guilds who just got up to that point now suffer increased odd's agents them.

I think those guys called for BoP are zen sellers. Just saying.
  • Options
    bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Soon people will stop doing dungeons once they got all their set on mains/alts because there's no reason to run dungeons anymore if all are BoP.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Does he know you can unlock up to 50 character(48+the two free ones) by the Zen store .

Cryptic says that it's 2 million "unique" players. No mention of accounts or characters:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=949011

But they also don't mention "when". My guess is that's how many have played the game since launch, maybe even open beta.