test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow- you guys made a huge mistake- cryptic/pwe

snackassnackas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok so here it is, im going to lay it out for you dev's.

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base.
Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on.
PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.
PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v.

AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.

If you dont really give a **** about your current player base, which it sure does seem like it, then I guess ill go play some other game, and spend my money on it, because these new updates suck so bad it makes me angry enough to post on the forum. You guys have one thing going for you at this point, "the combat" that's it.

FIX IT!!! and if this makes you mad, then I did my job. DO BETTER.
Post edited by snackas on

Comments

• seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My favorite part of this post is "70% loss player base." Umm... can you site some statistics on that?
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Kobold power!
    edited August 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this post is "70% loss player base." Umm... can you site some statistics on that?

I agree, that number seems incredibly low. We're down to like 5000 out of 2 million from what a fellow kobold told me.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you need gear, go run the DD that drops it. You have 3 times the chance of getting the item you're going for now.
  • snackassnackas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used my numbers based on people whom have left our community, if your looking for exact numbers do your own research.
    edited August 2013
    Just find a "lucky" player and he'll hook you up with a Nightmare, and enough AD to buy the gear you need. :D
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    If you need gear, go run the DD that drops it. You have 3 times the chance of getting the item you're going for now.

You can't do that for enchantments you baboon. There's more to gear than a freaking t2 set.
  • snackassnackas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Slayorian, thats funny, Im sick of running Trash Dungeons, for gear. I have farmed every single dungeon in this game, including castle never, you make me sick. You go do a dungeon, I have paid my dues, I want to use my Drake Seals right now scrub.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like bananas too.

And i like how you think you're entitled to speak for 70% of us, considering many of us have asked for the BoP changes since open beta. And considering many of us also asked the devs to make purples more rare.
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    You can't do that for enchantments you baboon. There's more to gear than a freaking t2 set.

Miss, you remind me of the caterpillar from A Bug's Life. :D
    edited August 2013
    So your saying go buy AD? you should ban yourself right now scrub.
  • marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I like bananas too.

And i like how you think you're entitled to speak for 70% of us, considering many of us have asked for the BoP changes since open beta. And considering many of us also asked the devs to make purples more rare.

^this is the kind of player that reminds me back of my eq2 raiding days, new content comes out, they farm n hog all the over world contested raid bosses, gear up there entire raiding force asap, then go tell the devs to go make it harder so that only they had any remote chance at it in the future, while the other guilds who just got up to that point now suffer increased odd's agents them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    ^this is the kind of player that reminds me back of my eq2 raiding days, new content comes out, they farm n hog all the over world contested raid bosses, gear up there entire raiding force asap, then go tell the devs to go make it harder so that only they had any remote chance at it in the future, while the other guilds who just got up to that point now suffer increased odd's agents them.

I bet he's lucky. :D
  • brotherjohn3brotherjohn3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP is right on the money. This game took a major <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with this update. How in the right mind did they actually think a game with no content is going to survive if
    1. the new content they add in is purely a daily based system so your done in 20 minutes and um what back to the old content you were already bored of?
    2. not only did they add in a daily system they add in yet another layer of currency into the game that is required to unlock the next tier or dailys and the madness goes on and on and on. oh wait you need to run the same daily maybe 3, 4 or 5 times in a row (days if your slow) to gather required resources and currency to unlock the neck layer of dailies that require yet more slow downs and delays.

that certainly equals for a fun filled exciting time to me. NOT

3. the AD system is a bust and honestly its really disgusting how much they are just relyijng on using it to make money off the sap that now wants to speed up their campaign but wont realize quick enough that even if they do spend cash for AD or Zen for goods they are still bound by the daily system which means they shouldnt have wasted money in the first place because there is no time reduction.

4. you want us to farm a skirmish you better **** well have added in like ten different versions of them so there is variety that adds to the game and keeps it fun and interesting. not the same old same old.

5. you can tell this game is being developed by 2 or possibly maybe 3 people full time. while game had its share of bugs it is almost alpha stable right now even after their very poor attempt and probably just an utter lie maintenance they performed.

6. By making things BOP and making the return of AD so small they are really telling you as a player to pay us hundreds of dollars to buy zen to buy AD.

7. I have little to no interest in running these dailies on multiple characters. just mind numbingly boring is what it is.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It's not even me alone, many people said that purple being vendor trash was a bad idea in the first place. IMO Malabog's castle is a lot more MMO than the rest of the game and it's a step in the right direction, provided they can fix asap the numerous exploits everywhere, including in the new dungeon.
  • brotherjohn3brotherjohn3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I like bananas too.

He is speaking for 70% of us. and who wants to play a game that requires you to buy AD continuosly to play? are you that stupid to not realize your spending hundreds of dollars monthly vs a pay monthly mmo?

There should be no such thing is BOP in this game because BOP only does one thing buddy, makes you pay more money for zen to buy more stuff from PWE. are you that slow?

And why do you think its exciting to farm the same boring BUGGED content day and day out? for what so you feel amazingly uber? please go eat your banana and let the rest of us try to speak up to Cryptic PWE to fix this mess they are creating.
  • scionertscionert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

errr... Im not speaking for them. But I think what they wanted was for it to be BoP from the getgo. It should have been BoP from first release.
    Personally, because of the tymoria gift box event. As soon as I hit 60, i was able to buy everything I needed from the AH except for ancients (which i could have bought if i didn't opted to save up for stone first).
    And that is a ****ty mechanics. I was in "almost" BiS gear as soon as i hit 60 before even running any endgame content, that's a joke.
    He is speaking for 70% of us. and who wants to play a game that requires you to buy AD continuosly to play? are you that stupid to not realize your spending hundreds of dollars monthly vs a pay monthly mmo?

There should be no such thing is BOP in this game because BOP only does one thing buddy, makes you pay more money for zen to buy more stuff from PWE. are you that slow?

And why do you think its exciting to farm the same boring BUGGED content day and day out? for what so you feel amazingly uber? please go eat your banana and let the rest of us try to speak up to Cryptic PWE to fix this mess they are creating.

wrong, BoP makes people PLAY the game. Play the content that they need, and not just the one that is more profitable.
    edited August 2013
    Now do all this on all your 60's, ill bet lots of players out there, like me have all 5 classes, so you can run anything you want, at any time depending on the need of your group :P.. "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" is the correct term for this update, maybe they are trying to throw it on console for Christmas.. now it makes sense. Little 'Bobby" is going to be so happy when he hits 60 in 10 hours, and he gets his shiny blue piece of gear, oh along with a neat pack full of fire works, and nifty dies to make himself look cute.

DO BETTER!!!! You guys should consider a corporate retreat, maybe drinking a beer will awaken the creative in you.
    OP is right on the money. This game took a major <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with this update. How in the right mind did they actually think a game with no content is going to survive if
    1. the new content they add in is purely a daily based system so your done in 20 minutes and um what back to the old content you were already bored of?
    2. not only did they add in a daily system they add in yet another layer of currency into the game that is required to unlock the next tier or dailys and the madness goes on and on and on. oh wait you need to run the same daily maybe 3, 4 or 5 times in a row (days if your slow) to gather required resources and currency to unlock the neck layer of dailies that require yet more slow downs and delays.

that certainly equals for a fun filled exciting time to me. NOT

3. the AD system is a bust and honestly its really disgusting how much they are just relyijng on using it to make money off the sap that now wants to speed up their campaign but wont realize quick enough that even if they do spend cash for AD or Zen for goods they are still bound by the daily system which means they shouldnt have wasted money in the first place because there is no time reduction.

4. you want us to farm a skirmish you better **** well have added in like ten different versions of them so there is variety that adds to the game and keeps it fun and interesting. not the same old same old.

5. you can tell this game is being developed by 2 or possibly maybe 3 people full time. while game had its share of bugs it is almost alpha stable right now even after their very poor attempt and probably just an utter lie maintenance they performed.

6. By making things BOP and making the return of AD so small they are really telling you as a player to pay us hundreds of dollars to buy zen to buy AD.

7. I have little to no interest in running these dailies on multiple characters. just mind numbingly boring is what it is.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still making plenty of AD and buying enchants for my gear. If I need a T2 piece for my alt, I run the DD with my guild. Even before this change, drop rates on the one valuable T2 item you could get from a DD chest weren't all that great anyway. The tools are out there to get AD already, use them. If you don't want to, then pay $$ for zen and convert to AD.

It was far too easy to gear up with dirt cheap sets on the AH.
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »

wrong, BoP makes people PLAY the game. Play the content that they need, and not just the one that is more profitable.

you mean, it gives ppl a chance to get denied and kicked out of party's due to lower then 10k GS's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    you mean, it gives ppl a chance to get denied and kicked out of party's due to lower then 10k GS's?

Yes that is what he meant he just did not want to say.
    edited August 2013

That only happens if they are trying to run T2 dungeons in less than T1 gears.
    If they are less than 10k GS, then they should only be running T1 dungeons, JUST LIKE WHAT THE GAME INTENDS.

that's what tiered difficulties are for. You have to master and get everything you can get out of from lower tiered difficulties before going to the next tier.
    edited August 2013
    That only happens if they are trying to run T2 dungeons in less than T1 gears.
    If they are less than 10k GS, then they should only be running T1 dungeons, JUST LIKE WHAT THE GAME INTENDS.

right, just like when i tryed to do T1 in GG back when i was 9k GS and ppl told me to F off and they wanted "a good cw" basing my playability soly on GS lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baconstewbaconstew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    snackas wrote: »

AD prices do need to come drastically down across the board on all items/etc.

"The prices are too *%$# high!!!" :P
    edited August 2013
    right, just like when i tryed to do T1 in GG back when i was 9k GS and ppl told me to F off and they wanted "a good cw" basing my playability soly on GS lolz

That is because people have already been SPOILED by non-BoP equips.
    If you read my first post, i said that "things should have been BoP from the getgo". It makes new people run T1 dungeons with other NEW ungeared people.

The BoP is a good move now that damage has been done. Atleast it will mitigate it somehow and it paves the way for a better future content when they decided to increase level cap and people will have to run content for their OWN equipment again.
    That is if the game survives long enough for that to happen.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ****ing had it with people who love to run one dungeon for 3 hours just for one item you have already and can't sell it or even ****ing trade it for something you don't. BOP ****ing suck *** you dump *** no one like it but for Rper who take a **** day to come up with a ****ing goofy name. **** YOU I Had up to here how BOP is so ****ing great it not .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    snackas wrote: »

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base.
    Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on.
    PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.
    PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v.

AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.

If you dont really give a **** about your current player base, which it sure does seem like it, then I guess ill go play some other game, and spend my money on it, because these new updates suck so bad it makes me angry enough to post on the forum. You guys have one thing going for you at this point, "the combat" that's it.

FIX IT!!! and if this makes you mad, then I did my job. DO BETTER.

Game Play - I love the new patch... there is always things to do. I don't know where you come up with this 70%, but my guild and friends list are all still playing.
    Economy - The economy is not that bad. The best gear in the game should be BOP. Most of the Blue gear is for transmute... and if you don't like it... 34 silver adds up FAST... pays for all my potions.
    Drake Seals - These are so easy to obtain for your alts. The only ones you should even bother using are the rings/necklace/belt until you get better. All of which are super cheap between 40-60 drake seals. During a DD event, you can run Pirates 2-3 times, full clears, no cheats, get 3-5 per boss along with 15 from the end chest. Easy drake seals by running with that character.
    PVP - I guess you are right here, but I don't care about PVP.
    PVE - There is a ton of PVE content. The daily's talk all of 15 minutes to complete.

Have you actually played this game?
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
    edited August 2013
    errr... Im not speaking for them. But I think what they wanted was for it to be BoP from the getgo. It should have been BoP from first release.
    Personally, because of the tymoria gift box event. As soon as I hit 60, i was able to buy everything I needed from the AH except for ancients (which i could have bought if i didn't opted to save up for stone first).
    And that is a ****ty mechanics. I was in "almost" BiS gear as soon as i hit 60 before even running any endgame content, that's a joke.

Not having enchantments/having <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchantments is not BiS gear. Whether it's tier 1 or 2 really makes not much of a difference at all. a greater vorpal/plague fire does though
    edited August 2013
    baconstew wrote: »
    AD prices do need to come drastically down across the board on all items/etc.

"The prices are too *%$# high!!!" :P

Rent is tooo **** high!
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Not having enchantments/having <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enchantments is not BiS gear. Whether it's tier 1 or 2 really makes not much of a difference at all. a greater vorpal/plague fire does though

I did say "almost" BiS, right?
    good god people... READ.
    I am only geared with rank 6 enchants, no Epic Enchants. T2 Gears. Ancient accessories. I can run CN just fine.
    Higher enchants only makes things easier, not necessary.