test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Research Shows that NWO = Epic WIN!

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stopped reading at "fully anecdotal research" nothing to see here, move along /thread

That's the joke.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pwe4lif wrote: »
    I have the same tendacies as i am constantly looking for a MMO that is much like classic Everquest with updated graphics. I tend to find games, play for a while, leave and come back multiple times. Hell, i've even played EQ1 in the past year to see how far its come and its nothing like it used to be =((. People that spend alot of money on the F2P model games are always going to feel trapped, because when it comes down to it your just paying for pixels and if you quit that game then you wasted however much money you spent on those pixels. Yes, i have spent about 200$ on NW during OB but i dont feel like im now obligated to be here. The people that dropped 500+ because they wanted BiS gear with full rank 10s and perfect enchants are the ones that are going to feel like idiots when they quit/the game dies out.

I think you're right: the issue is whether people are spending money with their eyes open, or spending out of compulsion. I actually think the model is very smart, in that a lot of game playing is a mix of fun and compulsive behavior (completing things, getting the best things, getting to the next level). Games like NWO hit the most compulsive people pretty hard, while other people just shrug about it.

I feel like I'm always looking for "THE" MMO that will last me 4evah! You'd think I'd realize there's no such thing by now (I guess I do, and yet...). I'm also an in-game hoarder - I tend to sit on AD. One of my more hardcore friends gave me a great piece of advice once: dingus, he said, spend your in-game currency - there's no point in quitting with a full bank.
    That's the joke.

So far we're running about 50% getting it, I think.
  • kazan556kazan556 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I see this excuse all the time on these forums. Is it really true? Do happy players just stay completely off the forums? If so, then that would mean that all the "Feedback" PWE has been using to make changes came from unhappy players. Why are so many of the unhappy players unhappy about changes they requested.

In my opinion, the forums are comprised of players who like to check the forums to get information and stay in the know. This group of people can be happy or unhappy. Unfortunately it seems that many of them are unhappy at this time.

I think you may be right about the mix of players that "read" the forums. No one knows the true mix. I also truly believe (no evidence is possible) that folks who enjoy the game do not "Post" much on the forums. It is basic school yard politics. The people that are loud and angry intimidate or isolate the people that make positive observations about the game. These people then learn quickly that their opinions/observations will never be recognized or acknowleged by the very vocal, angry posters. They don't bother to argue anymore. They have better things to do. I started Beta 1 and I think this is my 5th or 6th post. I read the forums almost every day to enhance my understanding of the game mechanics and stay up on the game's future direction. I don't see the need to explain (by posting every day) that I enjoy playing a game!
    edited August 2013
    kazan556 wrote: »
    The people that are loud and angry intimidate or isolate the people that make positive observations about the game.

I try not to post except to occasionally ask a question (like about people identifying green gear at 60 or not). I really like the game overall, but have a mix of positive and negative things to say about it. From what I've seen, though, purely constructive, mostly positive threads get kicked quickly to later pages at best, the OP mocked at worst. This thread, for example, is getting far too generally friendly to do anything other than quickly sink to oblivion.

I try to tell myself that the devs know that there are plenty of people who are having a good time and don't post because the forums aren't a welcoming environment for positive posts.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is BS i did my own research polling and its was for most part negative... Ahh but my post was deleted. Little strange this post is still up. WoW that is strange...
  • pwe4lifpwe4lif Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm always looking for "THE" MMO that will last me 4evah! You'd think I'd realize there's no such thing by now (I guess I do, and yet...). I'm also an in-game hoarder - I tend to sit on AD. One of my more hardcore friends gave me a great piece of advice once: dingus, he said, spend your in-game currency - there's no point in quitting with a full bank

Yeah i was spoiled by EQ1 as i played it pretty hardcore for about 6 years. I have never found another MMO that has held my attention that long yet. Im also a big time PvPer and the PvP in NWO is pretty much p2w which is unfortanate. This game had so much potential and still does really. I dont even play anymore but come here to see whats new and whats going on. I didnt quit playing becasue the game itself is **** but because the people in charge(Forums and the Devs) are just lousy.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I see this excuse all the time on these forums. Is it really true? Do happy players just stay completely off the forums? If so, then that would mean that all the "Feedback" PWE has been using to make changes came from unhappy players. Why are so many of the unhappy players unhappy about changes they requested.

In my opinion, the forums are comprised of players who like to check the forums to get information and stay in the know. This group of people can be happy or unhappy. Unfortunately it seems that many of them are unhappy at this time.

Its a total lie to say all the people who goto forums have something to complain about. Your totally right about how players use the forums. Happy and unhappy use them the same.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My research shows that my moon elf is hot sexy.

To be serious, however, compulsive spending does seem to be an issue at times. For myself, things like lockboxes were too much of a gamble for the type of content that was available. I prefer a guaranteed return of items I see as having the value I desire. It took till the day before module go live that my value analysis of the Knight of Feywild provided the necessary impetus to move forward with the purchase. I find it hard to understand those that have posted in other threads about spending thousands.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited August 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    My research shows that my moon elf is hot sexy.

To be serious, however, compulsive spending does seem to be an issue at times. For myself, things like lockboxes were too much of a gamble for the type of content that was available. I prefer a guaranteed return of items I see as having the value I desire. It took till the day before module go live that my value analysis of the Knight of Feywild provided the necessary impetus to move forward with the purchase. I find it hard to understand those that have posted in other threads about spending thousands.

Account-wide mounts are a great value in time and AD. As far as lockboxes, I have three toons, two work leadership just to sate my main's gambling addiction: better than than RL $$$.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    N.W.O is indeed epic win. Ministry is awesome.
  • djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to point out however that my research shows that Neverwinter has the largest community of whiny forum goers out of all of the mmos I have ever played. Seriously, someone says something positive, 20 of you have to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on them, immediately. If you dont like the game, quit. Seriously. I hate partying up with people like you in the game. Play the game or dont. You bought stuff in game, used it, and got pleasure from doing so, but now that somethihg has changed you guys QQ all day long.
  • kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll never understand why people waste their time playing something they obviously do not enjoy. Would you stay with your partner if you weren't happy? How about your job?

Do you negative Nancies whine and cry outside of game just as much as in game and the forums?

Instead of being jealous of others who ARE enjoying the game, ask yourself, "Am I enjoying this game?" If you aren't enjoying it, then stop playing! But before you do so, give me your stuff.