test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow- you guys made a huge mistake- cryptic/pwe

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO, they should have all the T1 and T2 gear in the seal vendors. They can cost a lot of seals, but by having them there, (as BoP), it allows people to have a real sense of progression toward the gear they want. Sure, you can keep a few choice drops as coming from the boss only, as an incentive to play the dungeon, but you need to give people a reason to stick around and continue to play.

Along the same lines, give me a reason to want to buy or open lockboxes for that rare mount, when I already have an account-wide T3 horse. The different look will only go so far before I decide it's not worth buying into. The new companions are nice, but please give us something other than strikers!

I will admit, running the Feywild dailies and the boon system are interesting, but at the same time they serve to further widen the gap between "normal players" and the elite. This has thus far, (again IMO), served to intensify the snobbery between those that grind as much as they can, and those that play more casually. The fact that PvP is similarly *not* tiered by GS illuminates this even more - how can you have sub-8K new 60's in green gear and those in T2's w/ perfect enchants fighting on the same level?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why can't you men ever have a discussion without insults? This is a good thread and might get locked now.
    People without skill NEED rank 7+ enchants greater+ and bis gear to do epic dungeons. I killed draco with t2 pvp gear from gaunt(before aoe bug).;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The only people who made a mistake were the players that didn't get "lucky" if you know what I mean. ;)
  • aib0taib0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG Nike Airs are too expensive! Nike forces kids in the hood to sell drugs and steal so they can afford to buy Nike Airs! Nike owes it to us all to lower the prices or make them free so we can all be equal!!11!1!11

Wow, what a bunch of "I want it NOW and for what I want to pay" crybabies. When you hit 60 you should just be mailed everything you want by the game gods because you deserve it for playing to level 60. Please grow up and lose the entitlement attitude.

You never need to buy ZEN in this game. You can buy anything you want with AD from the Auction house. You get that AD for free. Praying once an hour is a chance at free AD. Completing Dailies earns you free AD. Selling unbound assets and crafted items in the Auction house earns you AD. When someone lists an item in the Auction house they list it for a price they believe it will sell at. Players set the bid and buy prices. If the item does not sell the listing player loses money. They make a bet on the market with their bid and ask prices. Some players drastically undercut the set market to make a quick sale. Other players are quick to relist items below the new floor. It happens. No economy is perfect but the in-game AD economy is truly set by the players that make and break it. If you want to complain to the cause of the problem then start sending tells and mails to the players that list items for, in your opinion, ridiculous prices.

To those of you complaining about the gating of the new content; please understand that there are a great deal of mature, responsible and intelligent gamers that also play this game who understand and value a system that offers progression on a group or individual basis. This goals based system offers incremental rewards for participating. As is all content in the game the new content is optional. If you don't like it then you are not required to participate. In fact, you are not required to play the game at all.

There is an amazing amount of game play available in Neverwinter for free. The fact that you feel pressured into buying ZEN so that you can buy your way to being 1337! says much more about you than it says about this game.

Not all children are childish and not all who are childish are children.

~aib0t
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    continue to play is the key to everything. Why should I continue to play if I can't sell my loot for money(AD).This why most continue to run/play dungeon is to get gear to use or to sell now with BOP on everything you going see less people doing dungeon. GG now it going be harder for newer or people with alts to gear up fast.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited August 2013
    aib0t wrote: »
    OMG Nike Airs are too expensive! Nike forces kids in the hood to sell drugs and steal so they can afford to buy Nike Airs! Nike owes it to us all to lower the prices or make them free so we can all be equal!!11!1!11

Wow, what a bunch of "I want it NOW and for what I want to pay" crybabies. When you hit 60 you should just be mailed everything you want by the game gods because you deserve it for playing to level 60. Please grow up and lose the entitlement attitude.

You never need to buy ZEN in this game. You can buy anything you want with AD from the Auction house. You get that AD for free. Praying once an hour is a chance at free AD. Completing Dailies earns you free AD. Selling unbound assets and crafted items in the Auction house earns you AD. When someone lists an item in the Auction house they list it for a price they believe it will sell at. Players set the bid and buy prices. If the item does not sell the listing player loses money. They make a bet on the market with their bid and ask prices. Some players drastically undercut the set market to make a quick sale. Other players are quick to relist items below the new floor. It happens. No economy is perfect but the in-game AD economy is a truly set by the players that make and break it. If you want to complain to the cause of the problem then start sending tells and mails to the players that list items for, in your opinion, ridiculous prices.

To those of you complaining about the gating of the new content; please understand that there are a great deal of mature, responsible and intelligent gamers that also play this game who understand and value a system that offers progression on a group or individual basis. This goals based system offers incremental rewards for participating. As is all content in the game the new content is optional. If you don't like it then you are not required to participate. In fact, you are not required to play the game at all.

There is an amazing amount of game play available in Neverwinter for free. The fact that you feel pressured into buying ZEN so that you can buy your way to being 1337! says much more about you than it says about this game.

Not all children are childish and not all who are childish are children.

~aib0t

Wow you sure seem like a LUCKY person. :D
  • whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone feel like writing a letter to Wizard? I know it might sound silly, but D&D is their game. This "thing" we are playing seems to only damage the franchise. It is a free MMO, it isn't D&D. It is more like the indoor Korean swamp meet brand knock off.
  • baconteabacontea Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 million people, i almost fell off my chair laughing, theres no way they have even 2 million people playing. If you look at the zen cost for some items would be lower if there were alot of players. Since the patch its taking even longer to get into ques, including GG that includes tanks and healers... looking at the servers in the popular parts it came to about 10,000ish. one shard so im thinking maybe 50-100k people play everyday...
  • aib0taib0t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, hard working and industrious. I was not on for the Heavy Inferno love-fest. I got to read about it at work.

But thank you for the ad hominem. It is a sure sign that my intelligent prose afforded you no other recourse than to attack me personally.

~aib0t
  • whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, it is true. With the newer set up, getting gear so you are allowed to do an end game tier is going to be much, much harder. It's going to scare away new players. Newer players will get grief more then ever for their gear by other who had it pre-patch.

Patches and x-pac should be to fix bugs and attract new players to keep a game a float. This patch seem to be scaring off newer players. I was digging the game for a while, but now I would rather tell people I play WoW then D&D.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    snackas wrote: »
    Ok so here it is, im going to lay it out for you dev's.

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base.
    Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on.
    PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.
    PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v.

AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.

If you dont really give a **** about your current player base, which it sure does seem like it, then I guess ill go play some other game, and spend my money on it, because these new updates suck so bad it makes me angry enough to post on the forum. You guys have one thing going for you at this point, "the combat" that's it.

FIX IT!!! and if this makes you mad, then I did my job. DO BETTER.

100% agree with you and you summed it up perfectly.
    I used to play like 3/4 hrs per day minimum... Now about 30mn to do these daily... No motivation left to do dungeon, etc...

It won't last long for me. I hadn't consider other recent games since the beta... Now I am looking at others...
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I like bananas too.

And i like how you think you're entitled to speak for 70% of us, considering many of us have asked for the BoP changes since open beta. And considering many of us also asked the devs to make purples more rare.

Not Surprised at all that you were unable to actually read and understand what his post said. You were one of the dumbasses that wanted to kill the game with bop.
  • kevarshkevarsh Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The worst thing about this game so far to me is Wizards having no fire spells. WTF is up with that?
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok so here it is, im going to lay it out for you dev's.

Game Play- Nill. 70% loss player base.
    Economy- TERRIBLE!!! BOP? BLUE GEAR FOR OUR 60's??? WTF. "I cant even spend drake seals on my alts, which I have hundreds, and hundreds to equip an alt that I want to test stats on.
    PVP- SUCKS!!!! WTF no new map??? Cmon guys we expect more from you. "GUANTLA" is terrible btw.
    PVE- Really? I have to do daily's to do unlocks? Ok, I dont mind, but we thought you were going to get rid of half the "TRASH" WTF???

Farm- we get to farm a skirmish all day?? really?? I would rather watch t.v.

AH prices went from regular levels, to cant find purple gear for under 100k because of the BOP????? Really?? Guys, you really messed up here.

If you dont really give a **** about your current player base, which it sure does seem like it, then I guess ill go play some other game, and spend my money on it, because these new updates suck so bad it makes me angry enough to post on the forum. You guys have one thing going for you at this point, "the combat" that's it.

FIX IT!!! and if this makes you mad, then I did my job. DO BETTER.

If the 70% you've mentioned are the ones of the "gimme-for-free-plz" "lfg-lfg-gogogogogogo!!!!!!" "only exp" generation... so be it. NW will be clean and lovely and a nice place to hang around in, with your family and friends. And that wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

Best of luck.

edited August 2013
    aib0t wrote: »

You get that AD for free. Praying once an hour is a chance at free AD.

~aib0t

I love that you can immediately put this persons whole post in the trash. If someone still doesn't realize that you get Diminishing AD the first three times you pray each day, and thinks it is some chance thing, you know they don't get any other game or economic mechanics. Post dismissed.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the 70% you've mentioned are the ones of the "gimme-for-free-plz" "lfg-lfg-gogogogogogo!!!!!!" "only exp" generation... so be it. NW will be clean and lovely and a nice place to hang around in, with your family and friends. And that wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

Best of luck.

Have fun with your blue crappy items and try to catch up to my 15k to 16,003 gearscore on my 3 different epic full armor sets... See you in PvP...
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    LOL @ people who think T2 gear is endgame.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Have fun with your blue crappy items and try to catch up to my 15k to 16,003 gearscore on my 3 different epic full armor sets... See you in PvP...

In your language: "cool story, brosis"

You are using the wrong items btw.

Also, getting 15k GS on a GF can be done with green items.

It is merely a display bug, basically 16k GS is around 9 to 10k GS in reality.

I have 50% arpen along with 1800 regen and 50+% crit in my blue "crappy" set.

You should catch up with me!

Have a nice day.

edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I'm still making plenty of AD and buying enchants for my gear. If I need a T2 piece for my alt, I run the DD with my guild. Even before this change, drop rates on the one valuable T2 item you could get from a DD chest weren't all that great anyway. The tools are out there to get AD already, use them. If you don't want to, then pay $$ for zen and convert to AD.

It was far too easy to gear up with dirt cheap sets on the AH.

If the item is BoP how does it transfer to your alt?
    edited August 2013
    LOL @ people who think T2 gear is endgame.

Really there is a better set of armor? is it in the vip room in moonstone mask because that seems to be what cryptic was concerned with fixing.
  • wintersbrethwintersbreth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »
    That only happens if they are trying to run T2 dungeons in less than T1 gears.
    If they are less than 10k GS, then they should only be running T1 dungeons, JUST LIKE WHAT THE GAME INTENDS.

that's what tiered difficulties are for. You have to master and get everything you can get out of from lower tiered difficulties before going to the next tier.

full T1 with T1 qual. rings and neck is around 9.3k GS. you don't need over 10k to do a T2, in fact unless you have rank 8's i dont' think you can get 10k with out T2 gear. You'd know that if you didn't buy your ****, and played
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The player base will be dropping off after people get bored with this expansion. This game cant compete with a sub game. They dont have the man power and people are getting smart on how a f2p game model is supposed to work.
    If anything this game is becoming exploit to win.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Technically the game is free-to-play, practically the game is pay-to-compete but in reality it's cheat-to-win.

I think the new area is okay as long as you don't expect it to be a replacement for anything. It's an extra questing line you can do on the side, while waiting to get in queue.

But I agree Cryptic is making huge mistakes. This patch fubarred the game, with a score of bugs and a crashing client they just can't seem to fix. They literally broke it. Yet instead of taking responsibility and bring the server back to it's working pre-patch state (like any professional company would do after an unsuccessful roll-out) they decided to just go through with it anyway.

Resulting in a score of exited players wading in the new content, being confronted with bugs and crashes the devs can't fix, congratulations to the folks who made use of a known exploit while the forum is being policed and censored.

Fresh 60's will be in a world of hurt to get their gear. We'll see massively undergeared pugs wiping or causing wipes, while the successful groups have to salvage their loot for a pittance or try to sell it to folks who don't have the AD's to buy it.

We have no idea which set will be considered OP next, so enchanting them is something of a gamble. Easily costing you more than a million to unbind if you made the wrong bet. We do know the devs have no problems going back on their word, and 'fixing' bugs by calling it 'features', as they did with the companions not being able to unbind 'bug'.

They dropped the ball, hard.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    If the item is BoP how does it transfer to your alt?

I suspect that the guild helps him run his alt through the content, so that his alt can drop the BoP gear needed.
  • truwentruwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used my numbers based on people whom have left our community, if your looking for exact numbers do your own research.

So 7 of your 10 friends left. Got it.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    few ppl which rage on forums how stupid was BoE gear got what they wonted they do listen but they listen wrong ppl there isnt any point of doing epic dungeons when they dont drop epic gear all it dropped to me was blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ....and i agree whit person who made thread they will lose a huge part of player base
  • troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »
    errr... Im not speaking for them. But I think what they wanted was for it to be BoP from the getgo. It should have been BoP from first release.
    Personally, because of the tymoria gift box event. As soon as I hit 60, i was able to buy everything I needed from the AH except for ancients (which i could have bought if i didn't opted to save up for stone first).
    And that is a ****ty mechanics. I was in "almost" BiS gear as soon as i hit 60 before even running any endgame content, that's a joke.

wrong, BoP makes people PLAY the game. Play the content that they need, and not just the one that is more profitable.

And now after update you need BiS gear to farm anything in first place. The loop closes. Blues set pieces will not cut in in T1 Dungeons, nether will T1 set in T2. And dont forget gear needs enhancements.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    My favorite part of this post is "70% loss player base." Umm... can you site some statistics on that?
    I agree, that number seems incredibly low. We're down to like 5000 out of 2 million from what a fellow kobold told me.

I know the 5000 comment was sarcastic BUT I tried to figure out the 'active' population pre-patch, by checking the maximum number of people in Protector's Enclave instances for all three servers at different times of day. The most I ever saw was around slightly less than 5000 people TOTAL online across all three servers on at once.

True this will be missing quite a few people but I would be astonished if the 70% loss from 2 million wasn't a gross under-estimate. My guess would be considerably less than 100K active players, i.e. 95+% loss from the 2 million.

P.s. I wuv Kobolds in DDO, especially the nice ones that don't want to hurt any others especially dogs....
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I know the 5000 comment was sarcastic BUT I tried to figure out the 'active' population pre-patch, by checking the maximum number of people in Protector's Enclave instances for all three servers at different times of day. The most I ever saw was around slightly less than 5000 people TOTAL online across all three servers on at once.

True this will be missing quite a few people but I would be astonished if the 70% loss from 2 million wasn't a gross under-estimate. My guess would be considerably less than 100K active players, i.e. 95+% loss from the 2 million.

P.s. I wuv Kobolds in DDO, especially the nice ones that don't want to hurt any others especially dogs....

Yeah I remember the dog quest. God, that was aggravating.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I remember the dog quest. God, that was aggravating.

Really - I thought it was sweet:)

Also Kobolds have long memories....