test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD is impossible to get.

Comments

• Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dimentium9 wrote: »
    Use the salvage function to sell your BoP items for AD.

yeah, rough ad which can be refined @ 24,000 ad a day. meaning a cw's bis weapon at the auction house currently will take 83.33 days of full salvage function to get. what a bargain.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    yeah, rough ad which can be refined @ 24,000 ad a day. meaning a cw's bis weapon at the auction house currently will take 83.33 days of full salvage function to get. what a bargain.

Purple items salvage for 3-10k, not 2mil.

2mil is the player-created price on the player-run auction house. Nothing in the game defines that price.
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    The auction house is or was the main source of progression for a lot of players though, i think ott0maddux just wanted to show

that the relation between how fast you get ad and what you can buy with it is way way out of control and just rediculous now.

And i agree.
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    I hate the BOP change, but since they put it in place I really think they should have made it all BOP instead of just what comes out of the DD chest. That would get rid of the stupidly high priced items on the AH that are pretty much out of reach of the free player. And by free player I mean a new player that just started, I am not talking about the free player who is already sitting on millions.

Anyone who starts to play now is at a significant disadvantage that can only be overcome with a lot of cash or a TON of playing time. PWE wanted outrageous prices on the AH because there is hardly anything worth buying in the Zen store. They do not seem to be able to come up with anymore original ideas for Zen store items so now they will milk the h e l l out of anyone willing to exchange Zen for AD to buy T2 gear. The gear already existed, so it took no effort on their part, they just had to figure out how to change the price because it was too easy for a free player to buy it. And now we have 2 versions of the same item in the game. We have the Boss Drops that are BOE and DD Chests that are BOP. I've never seen that before in a MMO, but I haven't played them all.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    ingame item prices are increasing (bec of BOP)
    zen items will be cheaper (bec free players AD will be limited the zen that they can buy will be limited)

no more P2W gear sets (cant buy t1 t2 or MC set from AH bec its BoP // if theres some on AH its price will be triple than before bec of limited supply)

then only P2W items that zen spenders can get are enchants from lockboxes

Zen that they will buy will be lower bec they cant buy ingame items from AH like before they need to farm it with their character

i only log in now because of new sharandar map professions and invoke
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not convinced that the BoP issue is such an issue yet. Such a big change needs time to see how it affects things.

I'd probably agree that the AD refinement cap needs tweaking. But this should not be for all, it should be earned. My gut feeling is that opening a DD chest should award the player with a % refinement cap increase for that day. ie reward for content completion. But I'm sure there are many other options to implement a % temporary refinement increase instead of the above, including seal exchanges or refinement allowance 'crediting' per salvage, etc etc

The fast run 'problem' for me is not is not the speed (OP players with extensive experience and well worked teamplay do things much faster and should not be punished for that) - the problem for me is skipping. For every dungeon there is a guaranteed minimum number of mobs that need clearing. So if the number of kills for a party don't match/exceed that minimum.....then no chest. The caveat on this however is that I have no idea how this will mesh with pre-clearing and its grudgingly said because too many mobs are in there just to slow down rather than check players have the skills team-play for the upcoming boss. (Although I have to say, I don't understand why there are are so many camfires in dungeons.)

No idea if potential exploits exist for the above but feel free to trash it, refine it (subject to cap) or......
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Making Astral Diamond harder to earn is a positive move. Im pointing out PW/Cryptic making Items dropped bound on pick up.

Generally, I think this is beneficial in terms of gameplay. In this way more people will be engaged in completing daily related quest from rhix or from Lord Neverember which rewards players with specific amount of AD. This will make contents like Gauntrym and other events to be generally played by people more to earn more astral diamonds.

I also suggest to increase number of astral diamonds that you can refine each day. Increasing the Cap for refining astral diamonds will enable players to do more game activities which rewards them AD.

More ability to refine AD = More players will play games which will reward them AD. This will also give players a reason to run dungeons where items are Bop (They can continuously farm purples to salvage them to AD until they hit the max limit for refining rough AD )

Farming Astral Diamond can also be a great end game purpose . This will prompt people to farm AD more until they can reach the daily limit in refining rough AD.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    railak wrote: »
    Making Astral Diamond harder to earn is a positive move. *snip*

So, making it harder for everyone else to catch up is a positive move? I disagree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GG. When AD gain rate is nerfed, devs can link your thread as THE feedback they have been getting, while ignoring all those "AD are too hard to gain!!!" threads.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2013
    This game sucks and has NOTHING to do with Dungeons & Dragons. They fix the forums so F2P can't post? Lame. Obvious this model of game is garbage. They know it. Do YOU? Uninstalled, no money spent on this trash. Fair warning, this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    gerx03gerx03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just some notes:
    This will make contents like Gauntrym and other events to be generally played by people more to earn more astral diamonds.
    Since Gauntlgrym items are bound and I can max out the 24k daily rough AD cap in 2-3 DD dungeon runs I feel absolutely no motivation to do Gauntlgrym dailies. Same happened with everyone I usually went to do the event with.
    I also suggest to increase number of astral diamonds that you can refine each day. Increasing the Cap for refining astral diamonds will enable players to do more game activities which rewards them AD.
    It would make the cap pointless.
    More ability to refine AD = More players will play games which will reward them AD. This will also give players a reason to run dungeons where items are Bop (They can continuously farm purples to salvage them to AD until they hit the max limit for refining rough AD )
    Yes but then why farm the hard dungeons if you can achieve the same thing by running some Pirate runs with much more ease?
    Farming Astral Diamond can also be a great end game purpose .
    Farm for what? I can get my gear from bosses much faster than farming ad and then buy unbound items on AH. Companion? Enchantment? Sure. But what if I just reach a point where I feel it too long to get enough money for a good one. You can farm enchantments and fuse them yourself, but that again takes a very long time. I don't image a "great end game" as a never ending skill node farming and waiting for Refine button to be active again.
    This will prompt people to farm AD more until they can reach the daily limit in refining rough AD.
    True. But what do I do after that? :) It takes 2 hours top. What if I still want to do something rewarding in the game?
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »
    They fix the forums so F2P can't post? Lame.

I've never paid anything and I can post. So this is a blatant lie.
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gerx03 wrote: »

Farm for what? I can get my gear from bosses much faster than farming ad and then buy unbound items on AH. Companion? Enchantment? Sure. But what if I just reach a point where I feel it too long to get enough money for a good one. You can farm enchantments and fuse them yourself, but that again takes a very long time. I don't image a "great end game" as a never ending skill node farming and waiting for Refine button to be active again.

End game was: level to 60, buy epic gear for pocket change. Done! Level the next one. Then i like the your version (after module 1) of end game better, earn your own gear by playing dungeons and fuse your own enchantments by playing the game.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    End game was: level to 60, buy epic gear for pocket change. Done! Level the next one. Then i like the your version (after module 1) of end game better, earn your own gear by playing dungeons and fuse your own enchantments by playing the game.
    Fuse my own rank 9-10 enchantment with farming I did myself? Ummm....no thanks.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ardi1999ardi1999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone who believes the f2p Players are not the backbone is nuts. The free players are the majority of the server population they give the players that drop huge amounts of cash a reason to so they can feel superior. If there is no one on the server then the paying players will have no one to make them feel good and therefore will not spend the money.

Lastly past 20's it is pretty much impossible to do all the daily's unless you have a very active guild and even that is iffy. No one will queue for pug's to do the skirmishes or dungeons. I left Dragon and restarted on Beholder as I heard it had a better population same result.
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    [QUOTE=ardi1999;5816001]Anyone who believes the f2p Players are not the backbone is nuts. The free players are the majority of the server population they give the players that drop huge amounts of cash a reason to so they can feel superior. If there is no one on the server then the paying players will have no one to make them feel good and therefore will not spend the money.

Lastly past 20's it is pretty much impossible to do all the daily's unless you have a very active guild and even that is iffy. No one will queue for pug's to do the skirmishes or dungeons. I left Dragon and restarted on Beholder as I heard it had a better population same result.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, f2p players are not the backbone. Google: video game whales, and read some results. In fact whales are the target demographic for any f2p game. I am a competitive gamer with over 20 years invested in gaming, and over a decade in MMO's. I PVE and PVP a lot. I have spent near $200 on this game. My grinds and spoils have helped to supply the AH, and I have spent near 4 mil AD in game.
    So again, you are sorely mistaken if you think this game would last 6 months without a single person paying for Zen, AD, etc. Sorry, it's business, not a perfect world.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, f2p players are not the backbone. Google: video game whales, and read some results. In fact whales are the target demographic for any f2p game. I am a competitive gamer with over 20 years invested in gaming, and over a decade in MMO's. I PVE and PVP a lot. I have spent near $200 on this game. My grinds and spoils have helped to supply the AH, and I have spent near 4 mil AD in game.
    So again, you are sorely mistaken if you think this game would last 6 months without a single person paying for Zen, AD, etc. Sorry, it's business, not a perfect world.

Where did you read any of that in the post you quoted? They basically said free players were the backbone because they provide an environment for for the whales you rambled on about.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

LOL.

Someone is so proud that he is spending money that he doesn't realise that the entire point of the post he was quoting was that
    runebane wrote: »
    Where did you read any of that in the post you quoted? They basically said free players were the backbone because they provide an environment for for the whales you rambled on about.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Alt's are the magic key for F2P players

using alts you can make a fortune in AD because you not bound by the limitation imposed on single charcter, and character slots are quite cheap to buy even if you convert AD to zen.

All it takes is a little patence, which sadly is the downfall of most gamers
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Fuse my own rank 9-10 enchantment with farming I did myself? Ummm....no thanks.

I'm still happy with my rank 6. And i just had a look at the AH out of curiosity a rank 8 silvery costs 180k so that is not that impossible to achieve. And good for PW/Cryptic for creating a Astral Diamond sink for the people who want to feel truly special, if we all ran around we the best stuff it wouldn't be fun either.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    "New" AD is actually easier to earn. I can very easily meet the AD cap on all 4 of my 60's just through prayer/leadership and my pvp daily, it is definitely easier to meet your refine cap that it was pre-patch meaning that more new AD is entering the system that before. The problem lies in the fact that no one runs dungeons except CN anymore once they're geared b/c there is no incentive whatsoever. I was looking to buy 2 pyrotechnic bands today and I was astounded that they were 90k each, I just got 2 for 40k each a week ago. Makes sense though, why do karra unless you need T2 arms, and as soon as you get them why ever run it again? Lol just for the 90k rings that drop there I guess...

The good thing is that it seems only gear prices are inflated, enchantments and wards are about the same and blue belts are worth pennies now. So for those that have their gear and are trying to get higher rank enchants and weapon/armor enchants it should be easier now. Sucks when you need to make an equipment purchase though as most things have more than doubled in price.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    LOL.

Someone is so proud that he is spending money that he doesn't realise that the entire point of the post he was quoting was that

Free players don't provide c r ap for me. I PVP, a lot. That's where the whales are. I one shot free players in PVP, so I look forward to matching up against well geared players in Domination. So again, NO f2p, beggars are not the backbone of this game. If anything they hinder everything from PVP to PVE. LMAO at 8.5 GS trying to play T2 dungeons. Go roleplay with your guild and stay out of the big boy areas.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ugh, it isn't HARDER to earn people. It is easier. PLAYERS control the set prices of AH. not PWE. Unbound T2 sets sky rocketed based on BOP and players controlling the AH. Yes, the 24k refine limit is lame, but that is because you are EARNING more AD than pre-patch. I am sure they will increase it, or the market will indeed become stagnant. 24k is CHUMP change. I have 250k plus in Rough AD just sitting there. If they want me to spend it, then increase the refine limit, period.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free players don't provide c r ap for me. I PVP, a lot. That's where the whales are. I one shot free players in PVP, so I look forward to matching up against well geared players in Domination. So again, NO f2p, beggars are not the backbone of this game. If anything they hinder everything from PVP to PVE. LMAO at 8.5 GS trying to play T2 dungeons. Go roleplay with your guild and stay out of the big boy areas.

LOL, such anger.

Then again, who has to spend $200 so that he can feel superior to others in a a video game must have a very fragile ego anyway, so hardly unexpected.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

You wouldn't have a clue who was F2P or not, so they no way you could single them out in pvp, in fact lot F2P player are actually better players than those with $, because the F2P people had to work for there top end epic gear, and learned a lot in the process, where as lot $$$ players bought there way to power and dont have clue how to play there class.

Now i not saying that's true for everyone, just a simple point.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Those whales buy zen, and then exchange it for AD so they can buy Uber L33t purplez and rank 9+ enchants on the auction.

Who buys their zen for AD? Free players.

No free players, and the exchange would be a heck of a lot smaller.

edit: also, another charming example of why I avoid PvP (in every game) like the plague - the vile attitudes of the players.
  • Options
    incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ugh, it isn't HARDER to earn people. It is easier. PLAYERS control the set prices of AH. not PWE. Unbound T2 sets sky rocketed based on BOP and players controlling the AH. Yes, the 24k refine limit is lame, but that is because you are EARNING more AD than pre-patch. I am sure they will increase it, or the market will indeed become stagnant. 24k is CHUMP change. I have 250k plus in Rough AD just sitting there. If they want me to spend it, then increase the refine limit, period.

they dont want you to spend it, idiot. whole point of update was to limit your income to that you would be more enticed to purchase zen.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait...what? Without the free players they wouldnt be able to pay for development? How are free players contributing towards the payment of development?

Free players farm the AD you have bought using your credit card, via zen.
    They are as vital to the game economy and PWE zen market, as the gnu are in the african ecosystem.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Why would people have to beg for something which is already free? Interestingly I've seen very few beggars in game, which is a problem which plagues other games.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I am gonna enjoy every bit kicking your pompous butt ingame. :)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
This discussion has been closed.