test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD is impossible to get.

Comments

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »
    This game sucks and has NOTHING to do with Dungeons & Dragons. They fix the forums so F2P can't post? Lame. Obvious this model of game is garbage. They know it. Do YOU? Uninstalled, no money spent on this trash. Fair warning, this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

What in the Nine Hells are you even ranting about? Go away, you mindless creature of the abyss!

Edit: You know, zalcs. The longer I stare at the.... Aberrant monstrosity of an avatar/signature the more I consider suicide. D:
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    minxybum wrote: »
    either way its the same bull****
    skill + rng + time = currency
    not time = currency

With prayer/leadership and my PvP dailies (On 4 characters) I bring in 100k AD a day (Can only refine that much) with 0 skill or rng required. Money is easier than ever to make, they just limit you by the daily refine amount.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is pointless thread, in every game wich is played online with other ppl in it(mmo) u are rewarded as much as u spend time in it and that is not going to change ever. U cant expect to get everithing and be as strong, have as much items or money as someone who spends all day in game, and that is ok and ... whait for it... FAIR. In real life job u woldnt expect to recieve full time pay if u work only few hours a week, or let me say it another way for part time job u ll get less money than for full time job, and mmos are full time job.
    On the oter note im a casual player, in my job i have random work times, and no computer so i cant go to gateway and shi t, some day i dont come home for few days and still i can get enough AD to get to daylie limit and have enough AD to buy stuff.
  • gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    recks69 wrote: »
    This is very true. Players are a form of content. The more, the better.

Especially players who contribute good modules to the foundry. Personally I think that foundry authors should have some sort of AD award if their module is an awesome one.

Notice I said, "Good modules".
  • gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hetz000 wrote: »
    This is pointless thread, in every game wich is played online with other ppl in it(mmo) u are rewarded as much as u spend time in it and that is not going to change ever. U cant expect to get everithing and be as strong, have as much items or money as someone who spends all day in game, and that is ok and ... whait for it... FAIR. In real life job u woldnt expect to recieve full time pay if u work only few hours a week, or let me say it another way for part time job u ll get less money than for full time job, and mmos are full time job.
    On the oter note im a casual player, in my job i have random work times, and no computer so i cant go to gateway and shi t, some day i dont come home for few days and still i can get enough AD to get to daylie limit and have enough AD to buy stuff.

The point of a microtransaction game like this one is supposed to be that you have the choice of spending hours and hours grinding for your gear, or just buying it with money and enjoying immediately. Your assertions are false.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    He thinks another dude that spend 200$$ bought his zen or sth.

''LMAO at 8.5k gs trying to play t2 dungeons''???so you just hit 60 payed money and got ur gear then went t2??

Sorry mate rather have the 8.5k gs that know what to do than you lol.

You also imply all good geared ppl are p2w which i dunno where u came up with it.
    Your reply basically reinforced the point of f2p being important to the game.

keep on posting bro~~
    Nope, earned my T1 PVP and PVE sets through grinding. T2's got harder, started doing survey's for ZEN. Got two sets of T2 with that. Really got into PVP, was tired of getting worked with a 10k GS, So I then spent money to get uber.

Ever heard of performance enhancing drugs? Yeh, all your favorite athletes use em. I am competitive, I want my name to be high on the leaderboard, so I support the game because it gives me the option to buy the stuff I need to compete. That's why the Yankees win so many world series, they have the money to spend so they can win.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hetz000 wrote: »

BUT unlike real life, you can spend your hard earn cash from your job and have "even playing field"

But with the recent changes to epic BoP, the players who PLAY more will have more advantage (which they should) but player with money can catch up but STILL has to play the content to get their item (Carrot on the stick method like WoW)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    BUT unlike real life, you can spend your hard earn cash from your job and have "even playing field"

But with the recent changes to epic BoP, the players who PLAY more will have more advantage (which they should) but player with money can catch up but STILL has to play the content to get their item (Carrot on the stick method like WoW)

^preach

I have no idea why people find this so hard to understand. People who spend 8 hours a day should at least be on even ground as someone who just p2w'd. Enchantments are the biggest p2win issue at the moment though, in my opinion.

I'd actually settle for reasonable ways to get tenebrous, vorpal, plague fire, soulforged etc ingame, bound on pickup or not.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    ^preach

I have no idea why people find this so hard to understand. People who spend 8 hours a day should at least be on even ground as someone who just p2w'd. Enchantments are the biggest p2win issue at the moment though, in my opinion.

I'd actually settle for reasonable ways to get vorpal, plague fire, soulforged etc ingame, bound on pickup or not.

Lol but why would cryptic reward someone that gives them nothing and bogs down their server 8 hours a day vs. a paying customer that is only on for 2 hours =P
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^preach

I'd actually settle for reasonable ways to get vorpal, plague fire, soulforged etc ingame, bound on pickup or not.
    Play 8 hours at day? Sure there are some that do that but many Others have a life
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gardhull wrote: »
    The point of a microtransaction game like this one is supposed to be that you have the choice of spending hours and hours grinding for your gear, or just buying it with money and enjoying immediately. Your assertions are false.

Ok than i get what ur talking about and i agree but my point still stands because ppl who copmlain here are players who play for free, and again u get as much as u play that is all im getting at ofc u can pay and get things faster but ppl here dont want to pay.
    edited August 2013
    Play 8 hours at day? Sure there are some that do that but many Others have a life

What exactly is your point? maybe it was a bit drastic, but do you honestly think they'd make it that easy to farm ad? 1-2 hours a day and you'll get your perfect chants in no time? I'm trying to meet a golden middle ground as they are an incredible greedy company.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What exactly is your point? maybe it was a bit drastic, but do you honestly think they'd make it that easy to farm ad? 1-2 hours a day and you'll get your perfect chants in no time? I'm trying to meet a golden middle ground as they are a incredible greedy company.

That is the "magic" middle ground any F2P want to find. How much can be earn in-game at X time vs pay Y dollars (or combination of) if there is a short cut (i.e. in game) you can be sure people will use it and Cryptic will monitor it (like the leadership caravan changes)

You should be able to get EVERYTHING "free" but paid with time. The F2P is a good way to earn money and longevity. You can get new players coming in without gated cost. (like box cost and sub)
    edited August 2013
    Longevity by turning people into leadership/invoke bots? The way i see it, the so called middle ground is a steep cliff right now.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gardhull wrote: »
    Especially players who contribute good modules to the foundry. Personally I think that foundry authors should have some sort of AD award if their module is an awesome one.

Notice I said, "Good modules".

We do, it's called tips.
  • ifloniflon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    railak wrote: »
    Making Astral Diamond harder to earn is a positive move. Im pointing out PW/Cryptic making Items dropped bound on pick up.

Generally, I think this is beneficial in terms of gameplay. In this way more people will be engaged in completing daily related quest from rhix or from Lord Neverember which rewards players with specific amount of AD. This will make contents like Gauntrym and other events to be generally played by people more to earn more astral diamonds.

I also suggest to increase number of astral diamonds that you can refine each day. Increasing the Cap for refining astral diamonds will enable players to do more game activities which rewards them AD.

More ability to refine AD = More players will play games which will reward them AD. This will also give players a reason to run dungeons where items are Bop (They can continuously farm purples to salvage them to AD until they hit the max limit for refining rough AD )

Farming Astral Diamond can also be a great end game purpose . This will prompt people to farm AD more until they can reach the daily limit in refining rough AD.

I do agreed in the part of BoP gear is good, reason i think players should put in an efford to get special loot.

I do however not think it force more to do daily dungeon, pvp skirmish etc. atleast none of those i know bothers with it, Selling items on AH such as blue items and profession items optained during the day and while farm daily quest actual yields more AD to me and much less painfull.

I think this game needs more ways to farm AD cant help but think why not add small amounts of AD during daily quest raher then useless Experience for pets. but thats just my opinon

About the refine AD cap i think its fine, but thats prob cause i dont make alot only the 1-2 items i might salvage after done a dungeon while dungeon chest is active.

- Iflon
    edited August 2013
    Longevity by turning people into leadership/invoke bots? The way i see it, the so called middle ground is a steep cliff right now.

Yea. It is pretty odd that Crpytic decides to go "AD direction" with AH. STO uses in-game currency (energy credit) and AD equivalent is refined dilithium. It is a good system and STO is making money (so I'm told) players can't get enough refined dilithium - RDC(gated with 8k a day refining limitation but you can get a LOT more rough dilithium easily even with 1-2 hours of play)

I think the AD introduction to AH skew the system quite a bit. I am not sure why they did that consider in STO (since they are using the same engine) use RDC for high end weapons/ship shop, starbases (guild house pretty much) and other stuff.
    edited August 2013
    Yea. It is pretty odd that Crpytic decides to go "AD direction" with AH. STO uses in-game currency (energy credit) and AD equivalent is refined dilithium. It is a good system and STO is making money (so I'm told) players can't get enough refined dilithium - RDC(gated with 8k a day refining limitation but you can get a LOT more rough dilithium easily even with 1-2 hours of play)

I think the AD introduction to AH skew the system quite a bit. I am not sure why they did that consider in STO (since they are using the same engine) use RDC for high end weapons/ship shop, starbases (guild house pretty much) and other stuff.

They did it to swindle you for your money. Imagine gold being the only currency.. Hah! one can dream...not.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    Making AD harder to get is not a problem in and of itself it is when you switch to that policy after having your economy soured by exploited gains.
    edited August 2013
    What exactly is your point? maybe it was a bit drastic, but do you honestly think they'd make it that easy to farm ad? 1-2 hours a day and you'll get your perfect chants in no time? I'm trying to meet a golden middle ground as they are an incredible greedy company.
    My point is :if you play any game 8 hours at day you deserve anything that the publisher of that game wants to throw at you
    edited August 2013
    My point is :if you play any game 8 hours at day you deserve anything that the publisher of that game wants to throw at you

lol agreed, and you probably resemble zalcs signature =P
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    lol agreed, and you probably resemble zalcs signature =P

Not at all : She can be a little overweight but she is young. Unluckly I am no more :p
    edited August 2013
    I never even said i play 8hrs a day lol, it was more about how even the "hardcore" gamers are not rewarded by spending large amounts of time on the game, 'tis all
    edited August 2013
    Not at all : She can be a little overweight but she is young. Unluckly I am no more :p

I loves me some Mama June! ;)
    edited August 2013
    I never even said i play 8hrs a day lol, it was more about how even the "hardcore" gamers are not rewarded by spending large amounts of time on the game, 'tis all

well, now they will be rewarded since end-game items are BoP (if I read it correctly) which means that long time players to earn gear and have their e-peen while casual players can't just buy the gear and show off the same "e-peen"
    edited August 2013
    well, now they will be rewarded since end-game items are BoP (if I read it correctly) which means that long time players to earn gear and have their e-peen while casual players can't just buy the gear and show off the same "e-peen"

What...? long time players already have the set they want, making dungeons useless to them. the only "e-peen" in this game is enchantments. someone in full blues with tenebrous, vorpal etc beats a fully geared t2 dude with 12k gs any day...
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm finding it plenty easy to earn AD. Just because a single method of gaining AD was removed, doesn't mean every method was. And, if you thought that running the same dungeon over and over again during DD was somehow more fun than the other methods, you've got issues. Even when you could get an item from the chest that would sell for more than 10k, it was rare. Only to be lessened in value by people exploiting DDs and flooding the AH.

The price of T2 gear was getting very close to 10 in most cases. Anyone and their mom could easily just hit level 60 and buy a set of T2 gear with ease. Maybe not the absolute best, but that's not the point. Now, you'll actually have to run the T1s and gear up for T2s. Then, run T2s to get the gear you want. This is way better than before - T1 DDs were absolutely pointless. Additionally, it's now 3 times easier to get the piece of gear you want out of the DD chest. Overall, great change.

Also, the gear that's not part of a T1 or T2 set might actually become worth something since it's not BoP and people can use it to run the epic DDs to get their ideal gear.
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    I'm finding it plenty easy to earn AD. Just because a single method of gaining AD was removed, doesn't mean every method was. And, if you thought that running the same dungeon over and over again during DD was somehow more fun than the other methods, you've got issues. Even when you could get an item from the chest that would sell for more than 10k, it was rare. Only to be lessened in value by people exploiting DDs and flooding the AH.

The price of T2 gear was getting very close to 10 in most cases. Anyone and their mom could easily just hit level 60 and buy a set of T2 gear with ease. Maybe not the absolute best, but that's not the point. Now, you'll actually have to run the T1s and gear up for T2s. Then, run T2s to get the gear you want. This is way better than before - T1 DDs were absolutely pointless. Additionally, it's now 3 times easier to get the piece of gear you want out of the DD chest. Overall, great change.

Also, the gear that's not part of a T1 or T2 set might actually become worth something since it's not BoP and people can use it to run the epic DDs to get their ideal gear.

That could be good if there was a similar system for enchantments, but there aren't. /sigh
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    11 pages, I'm sure this is a dead topic. Real quick answer: Salvage. I made 250k in Rough AD the 1st day. If that can't buy you something, well then you are already geared out and mad because you can't afford top Tier stuff or Greater or better enchants. In which case, spend real money for Zen to AD. Farming is really, really lame anyway, and there are already Chinese farmers doing it better.

How is even possible for some People to NOT RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM that the latest Update/Patch/Expansion bring Along....
    IDK how BOUND on PICK UP is any beneficial to all the People....It is Not....
    Before the Patch you can go and Buy a Helmet in the AH for 90+110k AD and that very same Helmet is Now around 500k and its the only 1 Left...
    You people realize that before the patch everyone who could go and Farm a Dungeon was doing all the PUGS/Noobs/Scrubs/Casual Players a FAVOR RIGHT by bringing that Helmet to you at an Affordabble Price so you can DO better in those T2 Dungeons that are very HARD and if you try to do them Legit you will get massacred ....Why? For starters because Those T2 Dungeons are so **** Hard that you need to Outgear yourself BEFORE with the same very GEAR your going to get there...how...buying it in the AH...
    Now ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....obviously the DEVS and all the Moderators do not play this Game....and obviously have not try to PUG a T2 without buying ZEN with real Cash...its pathethic.
    So yeah... Way to go Cryptic... push me to quit and go and play Final Fantasy 14 ...keep rewarding exploiters...keep on making the T2 Adds Godmode and keep scaring away all the gamers!!!!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    guille23mx wrote: »
    How is even possible for some People to NOT RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM that the latest Update/Patch/Expansion bring Along....
    IDK how BOUND on PICK UP is any beneficial to all the People....It is Not....
    Before the Patch you can go and Buy a Helmet in the AH for 90+110k AD and that very same Helmet is Now around 500k and its the only 1 Left...
    You people realize that before the patch everyone who could go and Farm a Dungeon was doing all the PUGS/Noobs/Scrubs/Casual Players a FAVOR RIGHT by bringing that Helmet to you at an Affordabble Price so you can DO better in those T2 Dungeons that are very HARD and if you try to do them Legit you will get massacred ....Why? For starters because Those T2 Dungeons are so **** Hard that you need to Outgear yourself BEFORE with the same very GEAR your going to get there...how...buying it in the AH...
    Now ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....obviously the DEVS and all the Moderators do not play this Game....and obviously have not try to PUG a T2 without buying ZEN with real Cash...its pathethic.
    So yeah... Way to go Cryptic... push me to quit and go and play Final Fantasy 14 ...keep rewarding exploiters...keep on making the T2 Adds Godmode and keep scaring away all the gamers!!!!

But, this is not how mmos are supposed to work. Especially not f2p model mmos. In f2p, time equals progression, unless you pay since time also equals MONEY. And that is the case now, i see no probblem with the patch. All it does is give us a better gaming experience. And we should be grateful for that.

In 2-3 weeks, the DD/exp/RF group type of "gamers" (can hardly call them that...) will already be gone to different games. And maybe, NW will be a different place, with less selfishness, nicer people etc. (can't wait for it to happen)

Until then, all the best.

This discussion has been closed.